Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip Report July 8-14 in the Vacation Planning forums; ok, well I'm not home yet, I'm in my hotel room right now at the wilderness lodge and I'm having a great time, I will be writing a trip report ...
    Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...

Smile Trip Report July 8-14

ok, well I'm not home yet, I'm in my hotel room right now at the wilderness lodge and I'm having a great time, I will be writing a trip report when I get home, so stay tuned!!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Get off that computer! lol, have an awesome time!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Can't wait to hear about your exciting adventure
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    come visit me! Have an amazing trip!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    I saw the title for this thread and I was all set to read a report!!

I'll check back in when you're home!!

I hope you're having a blast!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

I'm now going to start writing my trip report, it is pretty lengthy so here it goes:

Day 1: Sunday, July 8, 2007

I knew we (my family and I) were getting closer to disney world when I saw seaworld and universal studios. I knew that just beyond those parks was the best one of all WDW! Then I started to see all the signs for attractions in WDW. Ones for blizzard beach and the extreme stunt show in MGM. I was super excited! awaiting my week long stay and my 19th visit to the happiest place on earth. We drove through the magic kingdom gates and on towards the wilderness lodge where we were staying. We unpacked our car full of suitcases and snacks to enjoy in the room and headed into the wilderness lodge. It was refreshing walking in the door after lugging our suitcases from the scorching parking lot all the way to the lobby of the resort. We checked in and headed up to our room on the third floor. The first thing I noticed walking into our room was the towels that had been laid out to form a mickey on the bed. Then I noticed that we had been given a pool view room, which was very nice. After getting settled into our room and watching Stacey's top picks at WDW on TV we headed on to the Magic Kingdom!!

Magic Kingdom:

We rode to the magic kingdom by taking a boat to the contemporary and then taking the monorail from there. When we arrived we headed to the columbia harbor house for dinner. This is my favorite place to eat in the magic kingdom and I have been waiting to eat their clamb chowder for a year! So I ordered my clamb chowder and a fish basket (I was really hungry) and then we headed towards fronteirland. Before leaving liberty square I had to check out the sign in front of the haunted mansion. I pretty much knew it was going to be closed for my trip there but I just wanted to read the sign anyway. It was a letter from master gracey explaining that the haunted mansion was being refurbished and that he would see everyone soon. So I was kinds bummed that I wasn't going to be able to ride the haunted mansion but I'm really excited to see what changes will be made to it, hopefully the changes won't take away from the original attraction. After that we headed on to fronteieland. We got in line for splash mountain and after about 20 minutes or so they made everyone get out of line due to technical difficulties. Then we got in line for thunder mountain. The line wasn't very long at all! We then headed over to tomorrowland where we rode one of my favorite rides, the TTA!! I love that ride because there is always little to no wait and it takes you all around tomorrowland. This was an especially awesome ride because I got to see something I have always wanted to see: space mountain with the lights on!! That was really cool! Then we got in line for buzz lightyear because the wait time wasn't bad. I had brought my hidden mickeys book to WDW but had left it at the wilderness lodge, but I found a hidden mickey anyway. While waiting in line there is a map of all the planets and in the one that looks like earth the land form is a mickey head! I have ridden this ride at least a few times before, I guess I have never noticed it before. I only scored about 17,000 points on the ride (I'm not very good at it) Then we headed to adventureland and rode pirates of the caribbean (one of my favorites) I love all the changes that have been made because I love the movies and the ride added the characters from the movies and at the same time kept it original. While we were in adventureland I had to get a dole whip float! ahh it was so yummy . We then rode on the jungle cruise, our skipper pretty much used the normal jokes, nothing different, but I still love the jungle cruise! Then we headed back to fronteirland and splash mountain was up and running so we rode that and thunder mountain and headed back to the wilderness lodge for a good night's sleep
    Last edited by Hakuna Matata; 07-15-2007 at 11:05 PM.

Day 2: Monday, July 9, 2007

MGM Studios:

We went to MGM studios in the morning and fast passed rock n roller coaster. It is really the only ride where the line is always really long. We then rode the great movie ride. I love that ride, especially the movie montage at the end. For lunch we ate at the abc commisary (we always eat there) Of course there were no tables availible (lol, there never is) so we had to sit at this little table and wait for the family next to use to finish eating and then we took their table. I had the fish basket (again, but it is just so yummy) We had some time to kill before the next showing of lights motors action so we wandered around Mgm and took some pictures and spotted the hidden mickey float in the fountain outside of Muppet vision 3D. We got to lights motors action probably 30 minutes early but they were already seating people so we got to sit in the front row. A family had won a YOAMD prize so they got to introduce the show. It was so much cooler sitting in the front row. Usually we get there minutes before the show starts and we have to sit far back. In the front row you can see everything much better and can even smell the burning rubber. When the kid came up to use the remote control to make the car move he won a special pin only given away to the person in the show who gets to come up and participate in that part of the show. When herbie came on stage instead of the host asking him how it was working with lindsay lohan she asked him how it was working with all those leading ladies. I'm thinking they changed this because lindsay has been getting so much negative media attention lately. Then it was time to use our fast passes for rock n roller coaster. I got to ride it twice because my brother did not want to ride it so I used his fast pass. The second time I rode it my dad pointed out the hidden mickey on box 15 (the "o" on the box is a mickey) By that time it was late afternoon and so we headed back to the wilderness lodge to rest for awhile.

While back at the hotel my mom and I went and explored the hotel. We went outside to go get a smoothie at the pool bar and on the way we saw an armadillo! I have never seen an armadillo at disney world (or anywhere else) so that was cool. We then went to the gift shop to buy some gifts for my dad's birthday (which was the next day) we bought him a mickey shirt and a disney mug. We then went to the front desk and got a birthday button and they asked if there was a particular character my dad liked the best. We said mickey and they said that they would send some balloons up to the room the next day. We ate at the Roaring Fork before heading out to animal kingdom that night.

Animal Kingdom: that night animal kingdom was having extra magic hours so we went there. We rode Everest first which didn't have that long of a line. In the line I think I discovered a hidden mickey. There was this little shelf thing and inside it were little stuffed-toy yettis and one of them was wearing mickey ears! it was so cute!! Everest was faster than I remembered and a whole lot of fun! We then headed over to dinoland usa. On the way we saw a sign for the yak and yetti restaraunt coming soon, I can't wait to check that out. We then rode dinosaur which is always fun. Then we rode primeval whirl and I saw the hidden mickey in the asteroid. That ride is really jerky, but I luv it anyways. That was all for day 2!

Day 3: Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This was my dad's birthday. We gave him his t-shirt and mug and some other gifts and he put his pin on. All the cast members were very friendly and almost all of them said happy birthday.
    Magic Kingdom:

We went to magic kingdom in the morning. We got fast passes for space mountain so we could ride it later in the day and we also waited in line because it wasn't very long. Then we did the comedy club. It was funnier than the last time I had done it. They use pretty much the same jokes every time but the people they "picked" on this time were a lot funnier. The woman who had to make antennas out of her fingers couldn't quite get the hang of it and when she was asked to pick a number she blurted it out (it was pretty funny) We ate at cosmic ray's for lunch. We ate pretty early so it wasn't very crowded and we got to eat in the room with sonny eclipse.
    I got the ribs with the mashed potatoes which were yummy! After lunch we headed over to fantasyland and did philarmagic (which is tied for my favorite 3D show with muppet vision) My favorite part of that whole show is the lion king part where simba comes out at you on the water the elephants squirt out of their trunks. It was time for our fast passes for space mountain so we went back to tomorrowland only to discover that space mountain was having technical difficulties. We were told to come back in an hour and that our fast passes wouldn't expire. So we rode the TTA and the carousel of progress and went back to see if space mountain was running. It still wasn't running so we forgot about the fast passes and went back to the wilderness lodge.

While we were in the room the birthday balloons were delivered with a signed picture of mickey attached, that was really nice!

Epcot:

A little later on we went to Epcot. We saw the crane that is taking the wand down from spaceship earth. Sadly, spaceship earth was closed for refurbishment. I thought it would still be open even though the wand was being taken off o well! We looked in the disney art store for awhile and then went to go ride the grand fiesta tour (which will always be "el rio del tiempo" to me) I was optimistic going into the ride but it didn't impress me at all. They pretty much took the old video footage and edited the three caballeros into it. The cutest part of the whole ride was the donald pinata. I thought at the end there would be an animatronics of the three caballeros singing but it was still just them on a screen AGAIN. The saddest part was they took out the little song that used to be played in the ride and also the merchants on the screens trying to get you to buy some of their products before you left. So that was disappointing, and sad. Things started to shape up at dinner time. We ate at the little outdoor mexican counter service place. My mom and I ordered our meals in spanish and the guy working at the register was very nice. When we told him it was my dad's birthday he gave us his meal for free! I got the combination plate which was yummy and I fed some of the birds after I had eaten everything I wanted. Then we walked around world showcase and I got my picture taken in every country. The main building in china was under construction, I'm not really sure why, it just was. I got some chocolate in italy (yum!) Also in world showcase they had this super cute topiary of the lion king characters with a sign saying that the animal kingdom villas were coming soon. Then we checked out the seas with nemo and friends. The ride was pretty cute and I enjoyed it. Then we spent some time looking at the manatees in the aquarium, they were really cute! Then we rode some things that weren't very crowded. We rode the land ride. Some of those fruit look really yummy! Like the dragon fruit and wintermelon, I wish I could buy those in the grocery store. Journey into imagination with figment was the next thing we rode. I enjoy singing along to this ride. After figment it started raining really hard and even though we had the extra magic hours bracelet we went back to the wilderness lodge. When we got back there was a fruit basket with a card attached wishing my dad a happy birthday. Then I got a brownie from the roaring fork and went to bed.

Thats all for right now, I will write more later

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    sounds great.. icant wait for my turn to report!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

i haven't had time to sit down for awhile to finish my trip report, but I will work on it tomorrow :-)

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Great report so far, looking forward to more!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    yeah yeah.. cuz i cant wati to hear more
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    yo we were both there lol to bad we didnt meet up oh well hope you had a sick *** time
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site
    2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
    2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
    2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
    2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
    2006- Pop Century - Halloween
    2006- Polynesian - My High Graduation
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007- All Star Sport- Christmas TIme
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

last night i wrote part of my trip report but when I posted it, it didn't work! so i guess I will have to retype it later

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great trip report so far.. Thanks for sharing... Are you going to post any pictures?
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast