Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Our August 2007 Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; A lot of you know all the details in here already, but this was a blog that I copied and pasted to all of my message boards, and myspace. OUR ...
    TreysMomma is offline B-Ticket Holder

Our August 2007 Trip

A lot of you know all the details in here already, but this was a blog that I copied and pasted to all of my message boards, and myspace.
    OUR DISNEY 2007 TRIP
    On Friday, August 3 we left home at 9PM to pick up Clint from work. We pulled out around 9:30pm. We made it to Breezewood, PA, and had the alternator belt break. It was around midnight, so we asked the attendant at the rest stop to drive us to the TA to get a belt. So, she was nice enough to drive Chuck, my step-dad, to get the belt. We got that on and made it to VA, where we had to stop again to mess with the alternator. Then we got to NC, and had to buy a new alternator and had to stop again, and then in Florence, SC, we got stuck for about 6 hours. We found out the alternator we got the first time was bad, so we traded it and got a good one. We were finally on our way, and went thru the rest of SC, GA, and FL and pulled into Fort Wilderness at around 6AM on Sunday morning. The campground was so nice! They had carriage rides, pools that are open 24 hours, tennis courts, basketball courts, hammocks, boat rentals, hiking trails, campfire sing-a-longs, and so much more! We ended up missing a half a day at the parks, which was supposed to be spent at the MagicKingdom, so instead of our free day we were supposed to have on Sunday, we went to the MagicKingdom in the morning, after eating a breakfast at the campground restaurant, Trail’s End. Then we headed to the MagicKingdom and we ate lunch at Casey’s Corner, and spent the day riding a few rides. Trey’s favorites were the WDW Railroad, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, it’s a small world, Peter Pan’s Flight, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, and visiting Toontown. The rest of us loved SplashMountain, SpaceMountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We were all so upset that the HauntedMansion was closed for refurbishing. Then we headed to Disney’s Boardwalk for dinner at the ESPN Club. Since they don’t take reservations there, we waited for almost 2 hours to get in. Thank God they had an arcade there. Then on Monday, August 6, we went to MGM Studios and ate lunch at the Toy Story Pizza Planet, watched the Stars & Motor Cars Parade, and then had dinner at Hollywood & Vine. We all liked the Great Movie Ride and Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and everyone but Trey got to ride the Rock N Roller Coaster, and Clint got on the Tower of Terror. On Tuesday, August 7 we went to Epcot and had lunch at Cantina De San Angel in Mexico and dinner at the Coral Reef. There were aquariums right next to where we were eating, and the food was great! We all loved walking around the World Showcase and seeing all the different countries. The new Seas with Nemo and Friends ride was a hit with all of us, and the grown ups got on Mission: SPACE and Test Track. On Wednesday, August 8 we headed to the Animal Kingdom and had lunch at the Tusker House and dinner at the Rainforest Café. Trey got to meet Stitch for the first time!!! I don’t know who was more excited, him or me. We did the Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, and Maharajah Jungle Trek. And the adults all liked Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, and especially the new coaster, Expedition Everest! On Thursday, August 9 we went to Downtown Disney to go shopping and to Disney Quest, which is a huge interactive play area, with TONS of arcade games. We ate lunch at Earl of Sandwich and then headed over to the Polynesian resort to eat at Ohana’s. It was so nice there! They cook the food over open fire pits and bring it straight to your table, and it was an all you can eat buffet! On Friday, August 10 we headed back to the MagicKingdom. We had lunch at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, watched the Dreams Come True Parade, and at dinner at the CrystalPalace, which is a character dinner, and Trey absolutely LOVED Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore! On Saturday, August 11 we went to the Animal Kingdom again in the morning to have breakfast at Donald’s Breakfastasaurus where Trey got to eat with Donald, Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy, and ride a few rides that we missed the first time. Then we went to the MagicKingdom before we got ready to leave for home to get our family picture taken in front of the castle and have lunch. We had lunch at El Pirata y el Perico. We headed home around 5, and only had a minor problem with the RV, which was fixed right away. We stopped for a little sleep in SC and then finished up our trip the next day. We got home around 2AM this morning. So, overall Clint and Trey both had a great time on their first trip to Disney World. I’m so ready to go back for my next trip already!!! I can’t wait for 2009!!!! Oh....and it only rained for 15 minutes the ENTIRE trip!!!!
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

1995-Offsite ~ 1997-All Star Sports ~ 2004-Pop Century ~ 2007-Fort Wilderness
    2009 - Unknown

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    AWW! i love the pic!

sorry to hear about all the RV trouble i hope you didnt buy the bad part at autozone!

but once you got there it looks like ya'll had a blast!

that was a great trip report do you have anymore pictures
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

I have tons of pictures! 1329 to be exact...haha. I'm still working on uploading them all, so I'll be posting them soon!
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

2009 - Unknown

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sounds like you not only had fun, but ate well also!!! Great report

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Your trip to FL was not the easiest, but it sounds as though you enjoyed yourselves once you arrived. Cute picture of Mickey and Trey.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    Great i cant wait to see some more photos of treys lil smile
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Just so everyone knows...I posted some pics of the trip under the Multimedia category, and then the Photo Gallery. Check them out!
    He LOVED the Mouse!!!

2009 - Unknown

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Your report was good.