Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Making friends at Disney in the Vacation Planning forums; My Husband and I were fortunate enough to meet and become friends with a great family from Massachusettes while we were on our honeymoon in 1998. We met them on ...
    My Husband and I were fortunate enough to meet and become friends with a great family from Massachusettes while we were on our honeymoon in 1998. We met them on the bus ride from the airport on our way to WDW. We struck up a conversation on the bus over a charm bracelet full of Disney charms, ended up staying at the same hotel (Polynesian) and we all left at the same time for a 4 day cruise on the Disney Magic. We kept meeting up (not planned) at different parks throughout our stay and then spent more time together while on the cruise. We have remained friends since then and have even made a trip back to the world together. They are very generous and thoughtful people who til this day send care packages to both our children throughout the year since they make NUMEROUS visits to anything and everything Disney throughout the world. It still amazes me that we had the good fortune to meet such wonderful and caring people. I guess it just goes to show that being nice and outgoing can sometimes come back to you ten fold!

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I always have very pleasant conversations with complete strangers when I'm in the World. Occasionally, I 'll bump into someone who knows the cousin of my 5th aunt's husband...That's why I love the World so much...I very rarely hear an argument (but then again, I try to go in the off-season)

My Eagles jersey proved to be a conversation piece on my most recent trip, the week prior to the Super Bowl. Most of it was positive. But I'm glad I wasn't around the next day, after the loss
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I have not made friends while going to DisneyWorld. But I do remember talking to a nice lady on the bus from hotel to Disney World. She told me that she was too old to walk in the theme parks, but loved spenting her time visiting the hotels such as Animal Kingdom lodge. Its nice to hear that you can fun anywhere in DisneyWorld

mamapajama is offline A-Ticket holder
    We met a family on the beach in Delray while visiting my paretns and then 6 months later went to Disney with them. Stayed in touch after as well.

Elise

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I have not met anyone at Disney, but of course enjoy talking with all of you ABOUT Disney. Wish I could put a face to some of these names while roaming around the parks some time!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    I have always been shy, but making friends at WDW will be easier now I'm part of this great site.

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i've never made a friend at the world either, but as it's been said here already i always have nice convos with people while waiting online or at a hotel..so i guess you just never know
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I have the occasional waiting in line nothing to do so let's strike up a conversation with the person waiting behind us... That is enough for me... I take home enough from Disney.. I can't take home people too!!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by sterm26
    My Eagles jersey proved to be a conversation piece on my most recent trip, the week prior to the Super Bowl. Most of it was positive. But I'm glad I wasn't around the next day, after the loss
    I would have loved to have been home with my family for this superbowl. I, like most of my family, am a Pats fan. But I have one brother who is an Eagles fan. I can only imagine the chaos in our living room that night. Sigh... good times.

Anywho... while I've never made a friend at WDW that I've kept in touch with afterwards, I have had no problem at all talking with people I run into there. Conversations with strangers have sprung up all over the place. On the monorail, in line for attractions, on attractions, stopping someplace for lunch... Most people go to WDW for the fantasy and un-reality it can provide that you don't find anywhere else. So most people go in with light hearts expecting nothing but smiles and laughter (well... for the most part). As a result, it seems that most people are in a good mood, and are willing to strike up a conversation with a stranger and tend to be very cordial about it. It's one of the things I love so much about the World.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

disneymaniac24 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've never really met any friends in the World but I've stiked up some conversation with a couple people.
    When I went in 2002 with 14 members of my family, we all had matching shirts that were green. We also had orange ones. We would all wear these on the same day and we were noticed by many. In an MGM parade the pre-show hostess called us an orange crush. She also pulled the kids out to talk to us and asked us a few questions. At the end she gave us a Lilo and Stitch DVD (it had just came out). Also on that same trip we had a couple in line for Muppet Vision tell us that they had seen us a couple of days before in MK.
    My family trip in 2004 we found out what a small world it really is. We were on the bus from Downtown and were talking to another family. After a while they had asked us where we were were from and they said they were from MA too. A while into the conversation we figured out that they were from the same part of our old town. They also knew my grandmothers brother when he was a kid.
    "All who come to this happy place, Welcome!!" :mickey:
    -Walt Disney on the opening day of Disneyland (July 17, 1955)

Dixie Landings: 11/98

Old Key West: 1/01

Board Walk Villas: 12/02

Beach Club Villas: 5/04

Pop Century Resort: 8/05
    It's time to remember the magic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12