Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rachel's Pre-Report Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Sheesh Rachel...you are making me feel like a slacker. I forgot all about the CP!!!...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Sheesh Rachel...you are making me feel like a slacker. I forgot all about the CP!!!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Sheesh Rachel...you are making me feel like a slacker. I forgot all about the CP!!!
    Sorry Amanda. I'm just so excited about this trip, the worst part is the waiting. Oh and I went ahead and bought my ticket for MVMCP for the 18th. I'm making it my "last-blast" since that'll be my last night (I won't leave till they throw me out! )

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

It's exactly 3 months to go today! Woo hoo!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    You are going to have a blast Rachel! I can't wait to hear all about it and the rest of your plans...
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Now they can bug you for pre trip reports....LOL Will be waiting for updates.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Has anyone ever done a dinner package for "Fantasmic"? I'm thinking of doing one, not so much to make sure I get a seat for Fantasmic, but to make sure I actually eat! Also, since you can use the DDP for Planet Hollywood, I'm assuming if I call WDW Dining I can make an ADR? I'm getting that $15 voucher from the travel agency and I hate to waste free food. I might also be planning something special for me to do, but I've gotta make a phone call first....Stay tuned for updates!

I got an email from my travel agent with my ticket for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! I'm so excited!

I love MVMCP!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Nothing new to report today. I'm trying to be super organized so I've printed off everything relating to my trip and have it kept in a file folder. I swear this is the worst part, the waiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    I swear this is the worst part, the waiting.....
    You got that right, sister!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Alrighty, time for an update and even more questions that I'm sure ya'll will love to answer for me. After straightening out the whole safety & security issue with my mom, it now looks like she might want to tag along. I've been in touch with my Marsha (my travel agent at The Magic For Less) and she gave me what it would cost to add mom to my reservation (same room & same park tickets). Way more money than my mom is willing to spend (if I could pay it for her I would love to, but I'm still a college student). However mom isn't to thrilled in spending all of her time in the parks anyways, so I inquired with Marsha what it would take to have mom in my room but with no park admission. This is what she said:

Walt Disney Travel Company's rules state that everyone in the same room must have the same package. The Walt Disney World Resort's rules differ. The resorts require that you just let them know when you have another person in your room. That being said, I would just go to Disney as you are planning right now. When you arrive at check in, explain too them that your mother will be staying with you in your room. There will not be a charge for her in the room.

One question is, would my mom be able to use Magical Express if she isn't on my travel package? That being said, my mom is an amature photographer, so she figures she can fill her time taking pictures on property outside the parks (DTD, the resorts, etc.) and other stuff. I was thinking since it'll be almost Christmas time as a present to her I could get her a reservation for one of the tours. I know some of them require park admission so we'd just buy a 1 day ticket (possibly with park hopper so if I'm at a different park after her tour is over she could hop over to where I am, or I could meet her and then we could hop to another park) or just pick one of the tours that doesn't require park admission. I'd prefer one where she could take photos (at least some of the time if not the entire time) and lasts at least of couple of hours. Any suggestions? Thank you all!

Never mind! Mom's not going to be able to get the time off work so it looks like it's a solo trip for me. (We now take you back to our regularly scheduled trip report....)

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Well Iwas going to respond to questions above, but those now I don't hvae to! So... thanks Rachel!! I'm sorry your mom can't get the time off. I know you'll have a great trip anyway!!!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i'm so sorry your mom cant go honey!! i wish me and my sis could take a cruise together! but we would have to lie to everyone and say its a business trip...LOL
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Thanks for your help anyways Jeanne. It's good information to know for the future (at least until Disney changes the rules ) I know I'll have fun going solo, I can do what I want, when I want, and not have to worry about anyone else. Chrissy, mom and I are going to try and take a Disney cruise next year when I get near graduation to celebrate. We went on a Carnival cruise a few years ago and I loved it. I'm looking forward to going on another one.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast