Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Nags Head Trip Report. in the Vacation Planning forums; First off I know Nags Head has nothing to do with Disney, but I had no idea where to put this at so I put it here. I'll do this ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Talking Nags Head Trip Report.

First off I know Nags Head has nothing to do with Disney, but I had no idea where to put this at so I put it here. I'll do this by days.

Saturday 9/15- Got up at 5:30 am and started to pack the car and some last minute stuff. Left the house around 6:00am to go to my cousins house. Got there around 6:10am and packed some of my stuff into his car and we all left (my mom and dad, him and me, aunt and step uncle) to go to cracker barell for breakfast. Ate and left around 8:00am. my aunt had to go home to take care of something and we met them at VA diner for a rest stop around 9:00am. Then we stop at the boarder station, half in VA and half in NC. that was around 10:15. Then we stopped at a vegetable stand around 10:30. No more stops until we got to the outer banks. Stopped at the Visitor Center around 11:30. We left there around 12:00. Then we went to the cottage while my mom and dad went to the realty office to check in. So we got in the cottage around 12:30. Got in and I took some pictures of the house since my dad discoverd that he left his battery to his camera here in Richmond! So I took some pics of the house for him. Here is some of them. I will have sunday right after this post. picture are of the living room, my cousin's and my room, the veiw from the bottom porch and the veiw from the top balcony that was off my mom and dad's room and my room. Not shown is my aunts room the kitchen and master bath and dining room. So next will be sunday 9/16. In just a few minutes I'll post that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3353.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3378.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3386.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3411.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3417.jpg  

Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Talking

Sunday 9/16- Let me think what I did on suday. Oh now I remember my cousin and I and my parents went to the beach that day for 2 hours and we came back and my cousin and I went to Jockeys Ridge (the sand dunes) and we found a old putt putt course at the bottom of the dune. And then we went shopping the rest of the day. I think thats all we did that day. here are some pics of the day. First two are of the sun rise then the sand castle at the beach then the last two are jockeys ridge and the putt putt thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3456.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3470.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3486.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3591.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3593.jpg  

Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Talking

Monday 9/17- Today we tried to go to the beach but it was so windy that we could not stay out there so we went shopping and came back to the cottage and went to the aquairum and to dinner. then we all went our separet ways and my cousin and I went putt putt golfing. So here are some pics of the day. First pic is of a jelley fish that was swimming out in the sound in front of the cottage then of the aquarium. My dad putting his hand in a fake aligaters mouth then a blow fish at the aquarium then of the sun set at putt putt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3618.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3630.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3642.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3710.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3758.jpg  

Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

I'll post tuesday later on.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Cool

Tuesday 9/18- Tuesday we tried the beach again. We managed to get out there but we couldn't stay to long because the sand was blasting us in the face so, my father and I went to walk in the ocean (not to far in because it was NO SWIMMING that day because of the currents and the rough waves. We were out there like for 15min at the most. So we all went back to the cottage and got showers then me and my cousin went shopping and rideing up and down the road. Then we desided to check out the beach again and when we came to see what the beach looked like the water was all the way up the beach under some houses. So we sat down on the steps and put our feet in the water for a little while and came back to the cottage. Then after my parents and I had dinner (my aunt and them went out that night) I took them to the beach to see all the distruction that had happen since we left that morning. so here are some pics of the day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3759.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3760.jpg  
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Talking First Flight!!!

Wed 9/19- My Aunt and them left today to go back home because my cousin didn't have any more days off. So my parents and I ate some lunch and waited until like 1:00 and went to one shop before it was time to head over the the little airport for my first flight ever. My dad went with me (he's gone before) But the flight was awsome! Alot of Turbulence but I didn't know the difference since it was my first flight. So I held onto the seat belt while taking pictures. Then after we got back from flying we went to a few more shops and then we went back to the cottage. So here a some really cool pics from up in the airplane!
    Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3772.jpg

Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3789.jpg

Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3807.jpg

Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3815.jpg

Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3823.jpg
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

I'll post tursday later.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    I do love that neighborhood. Did you get the chance to visit Ocracoke? The inlet was the site of Blackbeard's last stand, and will always be a hallowed place to me.

Yup we did that on thursday. My first time down there on the island. We visited teaches hole pirate shop and blackbeard exibit. Oh and on the way back on the farrie boat our driver got us stuck in the mud. He was a student driver. lol so a nother farrie towed us off the shore. I'll have pictures and the whole day report in a little while. Oh and our cottage was in Old Nags Head Cove. Where do you stay at down there?
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    First time was basically vagabonding in an old station wagon, but on a later visit, a guy who knew my dad hooked us up with a timeshare he still had out in the Bodie Island area.

Did your ferryboat skipper try to explain that he was only trying to give you guys a more complete Blackbeard experience? Ol' Captain Teach deliberately ran his ship aground in the shallows just before that final battle back in November of 1718, after all (pirate geek in me coming out here, it seems).

lol, actuall we didn't find out what had happend until we smelt something awful and saw black mud being slung out the back of the boat. Well I have to go to pick my little cousin and a exchange student up from school. bye
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Nice reprt so far Lilo. Beautiful sunset pics. I do love the thot of an abandoned putt putt course buried in the dunes. Makes ya wonder what future genrations will find that we left. Looking forward to the rest.
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Yeah I always think about what future generations will think of the stuff that we left. And look no furthur, I have the rest right now.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Thursday 9/20- Today we went to Ocracoke Island. A wonderfull quiet place on the outerbanks. Small town with alot of history. One of the most important part of history is the Famous Captain Edward Teach also know as Blackbeard! Blackbeard's head was cut off in battle here and his body threw overboard, where reportedley he swam around the boat 7 times before dissapering. Today people that go to spot where his head was cut off see him searching for his head to this day. But enough of the history lesson, We rode down the coast to the ferry terminal and got on and 40 minutes later we were headed into town. Our first stop was Teach's hole pirate shop and blackbeard exibit. I bought a bumper sticker and a pirate licence with Captain Jack Sparrow on it. And my mom bought a collecter's spoon with a pirate charm in it. Then after my dad and I looked at the exibit we rode to the light house and a few other shops. Then we went to see a beach there and got back on the ferry to come back to the cottage. We had just pulled off from the terminal when we stoped at a dead holt. We thought we had stopped for a oncoming ferry but after 30 minutes the other ferry came over and pulled us off the shore! lol a student driver had turned to far coming out of the dock.Well we got back in the water and another boat came by and had a big quake behind it and the ferry hit the quake and two people got drenched! And the wind was blowing hard so it was cold for them I bet. Well when we finally got back I was hoping to see the Graveyard of the Atlantic Musem but it had closed and was under construction so I didn't get to see it. On the way back we decide that we all need to stop to pee yes I know I said it. lol Anyways we stopped at the Cape Hatteras light house to go. We saw the light house and we could have climbed it but it was 10 minutes till closeing so we couldn't. Then we saw the old spot were the light house used to stand until the moved it. The old spot was really close to the ocean. So they had to move it before it got wiped out by a storm. We got back and I bought dinner at KFC and we all went back to the cottage to watch Survivor China. Well as usual here are some pics of the day. Here are the pictures first we have the Ocracoke Island light house, then the a fishing boat on ocracoke island. then the our ferry getting towed, lol. Then we have the hatteras light house and then the former sight of the light house and the new sight in the back of the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3925.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3933.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3971.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3980.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_3996.jpg  

Last edited by lilo88; 09-24-2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: miss spelling
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Wink

Friday 9/21- Today we went to Corolla to a dog store up there. And to see the currituck light house and Whale Head club. My father and I got this bright Idea to climb the light house! So stupid of me. So after 10 minutes we get to the top. After we get some pictures we head back down and my father walks over to the whale head club. I was way to tired to walk anywhere! We came back in town and did some last minute shopping and we got to go to the beach again. yay and we could actually stay out there long. We watched the little sand crabs dance and through sand and I did some sea shell looking. Oh and on sunday I found a sea shell that looked like a mickey head! I kept it of course. Anyway back to friday lol. we did some packing and hung around the cottage so here are some pics of the day. First is me on top of the light house then its the Whale head club then its of the light house and then on the beach setting on my pooh blanket then its our last sun set from the cottage. So wonderful!. Well I hope everyone enjoyed to trip report vixen Im looking foward to your trip report. All in all I took 736 pictures while on vacation. So if anyone has questions please feel free to ask. bye
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nags Head Trip Report.-100_4018.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_4041.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_4039.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_4064.jpg   Nags Head Trip Report.-100_4091.jpg  

Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast