Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My REALLY big and much awaited trip report (with pics) in the Vacation Planning forums; Bear with me on this as I have to do it a bit at a time. I will try to keep pics to a minimum so as not to make ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

My REALLY big and much awaited trip report (with pics)

Bear with me on this as I have to do it a bit at a time. I will try to keep pics to a minimum so as not to make it hard to load. If you want to see them all I have a photobucket account (havent the foggiest how to provide a link tho--guess do a search???) I only have the first 2 days up so far. Try doing it with my child bugging you every 2 minutes...sigh
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Sept 9 Sunday

YAY! I got to get up at an ungodly hour this morning to get Donnie to work so I could have the car to get it packed for the trip. He wanted to come home and take a shower etc. ....NO! I know the man way to well to realize that we would not get out of here at the hour I wanted but would be leaving 2 hours laterif not longer. "I will bring your driving clothes to work and you can change there" " I will deal with your stink to get on the road before dark."When I did pick him up he was gonna drag his dirty work clothes and shoes with us.....again...NO! "leave "em there" Not like anyone would want the smelly things.

Wow I was running late with things today. Sitll had a few things to pack, itinerary's to type out and print, make sure all the unimportant things were unplugged, cat fed and watered(friend coming to check up on him), etc., etc. ,etc, etc., etc. Kinda icky out when we woke up and I was hoping it would clear up later. Just dreary look to the day. Oh well, what can you do? It didnt rain till after I got the car loaded for the most part, thank goodness! It was an experience to dodge the raindrops but it wasnt heavy so good on that part.
    I wanted to put some of those chalk sayings on the windows so I just dried them off as needed. BTW...that stuff is tricky to use. After some trial and error I figured it out. The trick is layers layers layers. Donnie loved getting it all off at the end of the week.

I am so good at packing stuff as attested by this pic The pots and pan box had food for the trip in it. Only box I had at the time (btw...silverstone are some awesome products for a reasonable price...lol)

Tho I do tend to overpack a bit. Ya never know what you WILL need. LOL
    ONE of the window sayings. The other side said" Disney bound" and the back end (which I forgot to take a pic of was added somewhere in Notrth/South Carolinaand said "HONK if you are going to Disney" Got lots of honks on that. Will tell you about the Disney one on the 10th's post. Oh Donnie didnt know I was doing this and I got a smile out of him and his workers when I went to pick him up.

Meghyn is ready and raring to go. Straight from the tub and equipped with lots of critters. Cant go anywhere without them

Last but not least a pic of our dash. YES I decorated the car inside too. I really need a life.

We left the house about 15 minutes late due to the rain (which BTW stopped just as we were ready to lock up the house and the sun was out and shining brightly) Good Omen. Got to Donnie's work at 5:25PM and handed him his clothes. He noticed the one brake light was out so that needed a quick replace before we left. Thankfully he works at autoparts store... Hop over to the grocery store to fill up the tank (with discount from points ...$2.25 a gallon..whoo) a look at the maps to be sure of things and we are on our way at 5:50. A little later then planned but pretty good considering.

DAY 2 to be posted soon as I get her to take a nap.....longer post and in parts
    Last edited by vixen101485; 09-24-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: forgot something.

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Yeah the trip report has started! Great job so far Vix! BTW Meghyn is a little cutie-pie!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

It's about time girl!!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    YEAH!!! at last at last!! sorry i missed your call.. i got a late start.. i had to get a jump to start my car.. OOPS! i left my head lighths on...OOPS!

but i'm going right now to pick up my disney packet will be back a lil later!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by fungus_01 View Post
    Yeah the trip report has started! Great job so far Vix! BTW Meghyn is a little cutie-pie!
    LMMEO...wait till you see the next pics of her...gotta love waking up from naps shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    It's about time girl!!!
    I am sending Meghyn up your way so I can finish....K? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    YEAH!!! at last at last!! sorry i missed your call.. i got a late start.. i had to get a jump to start my car.. OOPS! i left my head lighths on...OOPS!
    but i'm going right now to pick up my disney packet will be back a lil later!
    Silly Chrissy, bet Brent was happy on that one. LOL I didnt leave a message cause I was getting Meghyn down for a nap and wanted to just let you know I prob would have the phone off. Have fun at AAA!

On The Road

Sept 10 ---Part one
    Well after an uneventful trip down, nice weather, no road issues, and only Meghyn asking about every hour an 1/2 "Are we at Disney yet?" we decide that since we are on schedule(a first for us) that we do have time to take a bit of a sidetrip over to the ocean. We hung a Louie off 95 over to Flagler Beach. It is only about 4 miles , a hop skip and jump, so we go for it.
    VERY COOL as you come over the bridge and see this huge expanse of ocean spread out in front of you. The road literally ends at the sidewalk and small hill to the beach and you have no choice but to go left or right. (Well you could go straight but you might need some repairs done to the car after that) Wish I would have known I would have had the camera out ahead of time. Donnie starts to wake up Meghyn (YAY a reprieve from are we there yet?) "NO NO, not yet, I wanna take her pic when she sees it for the first time"
    So here those lovely shots are.
    She hasnt yet to spot it

Still groggy and what a face!

COOL look at all the water

Nice little beach area, Not super busy and definately not commercialized. Will have to plan to spend more time here. As long as I dont have to go sit on the beach, I will be a happy camper. VIXEN IS NOT A BEACH PERSON! If they could eliminate the sand and salt water I would be good to go.
    Beautiful day for the beach tho. We did get a nice reception when we got to the bottom of the steps. Right underneath the building is an older man just baring all while changing That was so not something I needed to see after that long drive. BLEH BLEH BLEH....Thank god Meghyn was more interested in chasing a bird at the moment.

Oh the wrinkles will haunt me for years to come. Anyway I love the shots I took of Meghyn hitting the waves.
    AHHHH! The Ocean's gonna get me!

Maybe if I just stick my toe in?

Help it's after me again!

This is my favorite one. Came out so cute...the wave scared the bejeebers out of her. I was laughing too hard to take the after pic.

Now there ia a white belly whale chasing me. (that is Donnie BTW)

Makes you feel really insignificant doesnt it?

I got to see a wild pelican for the very first time and got sand in places that it shouldnt have been considering all I did was sit on the towel fully clothed and pretty much not move a muscle except to make friends with a little bird. Did I mention that I DO NOT LIKE THE BEACH!
    We stayed on the road we were on down to Daytona beach area. Slower paced but soooooooo much cooler temp-wise then I-95 and with scenery. OH MY GOD! some of the houses along this road are OUT OF THIS WORLD We saw a branch of our bank. Who knew there was one in FL? We hopped on I-4 by making a right and where only less then an hour from Disney from here. YAY!

We got lots of honks at our back window sign along here. The best being just as we were turning off I 4 to the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista (really nice for the price and huge rooms, super close to DTD too) Anyway, there was a Disney Cruise line bus behind us and it gave a honk, took me a sec to realize they were honking at the sign and not being rude by telling us to hurry and make the turn. I had Donnie's big Mickey gloves from last Halloween in the car(I did have them in the window but the heat got to the tape so I just stuck them on the front seat) Told Donnie to hurry and put one on and wave. The bus driver loved it.....HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK.: I wonder if she said something to her passengers? Did I mention I dont like sand....it was everywhere and stuck to me. AARGHH!

Next up DTD and some rain but still fun.

AWW !! Vixeni love the beach!! i could live there!! and i love the bus thingie!! oh my gosh!! that would have been so much fun! i cant write anything on our car.. were taking the company car and brent would freak at the idea!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Great start of a really wonderful week Vix. Can't wait to read more
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Great job so far Vix! I'm not a beach person either, I can stand it for maybe an hour and then I'm done. Sand just doesn't need to make its way into certain places

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great report Vixen! I love the Bus thing, I think I'll do that next year!! Can't wait to hear the rest!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    GREAT report so far, hurry up with the rest, i need more!!!!!
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great TR Vix!!! I am really enjoying your writing and your daughter is precious. Thanks for Sharing, and I can not wait to hear more and see the great outfits you made put to good use!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Thank you all. I will prob add more this eve after all the annoying "children" (includes the 6 ft one too) go to bed for thenight. LOL

LOL... waiting waiting.. but brent just CSI game for the PC so it'll be tomorrow before i see it cause.. as soon as he hits the door he is hitting his new game
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast