Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss MNSSHP and F&WF Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; We really liked the Papas Con Chorizo. Did y'all try any wines or beers?...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    We really liked the Papas Con Chorizo. Did y'all try any wines or beers?
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Not this time. We figured first of all, we would have to be rolled out to the cars as it was... a little alcohol and who knows Plus, we weren't staying in O-town Tues night. Had to drive back to Tampa. Second, with all the kids who were trying to try everything, maybe not a good idea. I really wanted to do champagne and chocolate truffles for a grand finale but was TOO stuffed. But most of all, I'm not a beer girl and not real into wine (except a select few that I've been spoiled with).
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    South Africa - $5.50
    Durban Spiced Chicken on Skewer $3.50
    Spice Cake - with ruit Marinated in Rooibos Vanilla Tea $2.00

Probably the most disappointing country. The chicken skewer was nothing special and was served with what we though tasted like a baked grits pancake, if that makes any sense. The spice cake a couple of us though was just ok, and the other two adults didn’t like at all. It had a very strong liquor-type flavor. Bella spit it out.

Turkey - $3.50
    Manti - Spiced Beef Ravioli with Yogurt and Paprika Butter $3.50
    This was a good follow-up to the not-so-good. I wouldn’t call it spectacular, but so much better! It was three raviolis shaped more like wontons. The meat inside was yummy & I really liked the yogurt sauce.

China - $3.25
    Caramel and Ginger Ice Cream $3.25
    This one was a little higher priced than a lot of the desserts, but it was huge, relatively speaking. EVERYONE got to try this one and really liked it. Personally, it is two of my favorite flavors mixed into one of my favorite treats… ice cream. It was also perfectly timed because the sun was really starting to blaze.

We also all got Chinese parasols for our daughters/nieces (4 in all) and they were all half price, plus the vendors wrote names in Chinese on them. Very cool souvenirs! They were the first Christmas presents I’ve purchased this year. They were also perfect to make shade for a couple of sleepy girls!!!

Germany - $2.25
    Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce $2.25
    Everyone was starting to get just a tad full, and we were up for another dessert. It was okay, but nothing special, and the service was a little slow. This was one of the booths where they had “locals” working, and I’m not sure their English was real good, but when they figured out the mix-up they did try to take care of it. We tried to wake Bella for a taste, but she said “later.”

Italy - $6.00
    Zuppa Inglese - Vanilla Cream Rum Cake with Candied-fruit $3.00
    Lemonata Soda $3.00

a.k.a – cannoli. First of all, for 3 bucks it was tiny! About the size of my thumb, and I have little hands… BUT it was quite yummy. Mom wanted to try the Lemonata because she spent a year in Italy in college and really liked it then. It had an interesting flavor, but I don’t know if I’d trade in my Coke for it.

Girls are back up!

Poland – $3.75
    Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies $3.75
    For some reason, I read the sign wrong and thought that it was going to be kielbasa pierogies. But it was still pretty good. A few nice sized pieces of sausage with a little potato pocket. It also had grilled onions as a garnish. The flavors went together quite nicely.

US - $2.50
    Strawberry Shortcake $2.50
    Okay, so this was a given. And it was good! The cake was not too dry, but still traditional shortcake and it had a decent amount of strawberries and fresh whipped cream. Bella again wanted one of her own, but was content to share with the promise of more desserts. We thought about trying the lobster roll, but it looked smallish for almost $7.

Japan – $7.50
    Spicy Tuna Roll $3.50
    Crispy Sukiyaki Beef Roll $4.00

So sis, Bella, Mon and I are huge sushi fans, so two samples were in order. Both were decent portions, and more importantly super yummy! We even got mom to try the beef one (look, no raw fish). While we were eating from the last three countries, we were able to enjoy the drum show from the shade. They are really talented.. and in shape!

For a break in the action, we visited the Pearville Fair while we were waiting for the next showing of the American Adventure. The girls had fun coloring pear pictures,

and having their pictures taken.

We saw a cool pear fridge that they were promoting, too. When it was time, we went in to see the show. It was nice and cool and the two smallest ones took a nice nap (Jake was out by the time we got to the pears).

Australia - $4.25
    Shrimp on the Barbie $4.25
    I specifically remember getting this one last time we were at F&WF, but I thought it was so much more… This time it was two grilled shrimp (barely warm), with some grilled veggies. I’m sure it was at least 3-4 last time. Another country where I was not impressed by the portions. And how do you divide 3 shrimp 5 way, cut each into 3 pieces. Somehow, Bella once again got the extra piece.

-Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    yur trip report was soo good i now am deterimed to attend this some day! the food sounds delicious and the pictures were great. that little tinkerbell is SOOOO CUTE!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I love the costumes. Too cute! Your menu report from F&WF was very good. I think I remember having some type of satay at China or Japan that we try to get each time. It's one of our favorites.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12