Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss MNSSHP and F&WF Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Well here goes... at least I'll get started Cast of Characters Me- FL gal transplanted in IN Mimi - my mom Sis - mom to two of my fabulous nieces ...
    satijp is offline Fastpass Holder

MNSSHP and F&WF Trip Report

Well here goes... at least I'll get started

Cast of Characters
    Me- FL gal transplanted in IN
    Mimi - my mom
    Sis - mom to two of my fabulous nieces
    CinderBella - 4yo niece
    Mac - 1yo niece
    Mon- friend, mom to baby Jake and wife of good friend Kurt
    special appearance by: Big Ron - bro-in-law

Monday, Oct 8

My morning started off way too early at the IND airport for an 8:15 flight. It was getting to actually be light by the time we boarded. All I can say is thank goodness for upgrades, they make the flight go by a lot faster. No breakfast on this flight which seemed quite odd since we used to get one on the 7:15 flight to TPA, guess an hour later makes all the difference.

Anyways, it had been raining all weekend in Orlando, but the clouds were high and fluffy as we came arrived about 10:30. I had planned on using ME to head to Pop Century, but Mon and Kurt decided to surprise me and pick me up for brunch (with baby Jake). Checked with ME to make sure that even if I didn't ride my yellow tagged bags would make it to the hotel. "No Problem... 3-4 hours."

We headed over to Cafe Tu Tu Tango, but they weren't open until 11:30. So we decided on a very good fall back - Bahama Breeze. I know it's a chain and all, but if you have the chance to go to one, I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there. So we had a lovely lunch and headed over to their costume shop (on SandLake - check it out if you're ever over there). We ended up just hanging out there for a little longer than planned because Sis and Mimi had gotten a slow start getting out of Tampa. I think they left about the same time we were finishing lunch. Oh well! We got a chance to get Mon and Jake costumes for the evening because they decided to join us at MNSSHP! YEAH! More on those in a bit....

Once we all had assembled, we finally headed over to Pop. Check-in was a breeze, pretty good since by the time we finished there was quite a line. We had to check on rooms because Big Ron had planned a surprise for the girls by getting a room for the night and coming to the party, so we had to make sure they were adjoining and on the first floor. We even called before heading that way to make sure they were.

They weren't... BUT the staff (about 3 different people) got it all figured out. Yea for Disney CMs. Now, to find out if my luggage was in the originally assigned room or not. "No, it takes about 3 hours." We informed her that my flight had arrived about 5 hours ago. She wasn't able to find anyone who could tell me where my bag (and costume for that night) were. She told us that they don't deliver until 3 hours after you check in not from when your flight arrives. Luckily, the luggage service guys were on the ball. One found my bag in a matter of minutes, and offered to take it to our room. That wasn't necessary, but awfully nice. The other attendant who cam eup got Bella a "Pop Star" pin to wear.

So it was off to the (changing) rooms. We stayed in the 70's area. Kinda close to the back, but with great proximity to the parking lot. Finally, I felt like I had really gotten to Disney World, LET THE FUN BEGIN....
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Nice start so far... Can't wait to hear more about your trip
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    cant wait to hear more and do we get any pics of you in costume??? what were you??
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Working on it now... will have some more, hopefully with pictures, up this afternoon!
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property

Take 2...

MNSSHP - 10/8

To recap:
    Cast of Characters
    Me- FL gal transplanted in IN aka Drizella
    Mimi - my mom aka Lady Tremaine
    Sis - mom to two of my fabulous nieces aka Anastasia
    CinderBella - 4yo niece Guess!
    Mac - 1yo niece aka the magic Pumpkin
    Mon- friend, mom to baby Jake (Cinderella-s Horse and wife of good friend Kurt Fairy Godmother
    special appearance by: Big Ron - bro-in-law (Prince Charming in disguise - a Mickey t-shirt)

We finally got to MK at about 4:30 and had a few issues with tix working, but finally got them taken care of and got our wristbands. Last time we went we didn't get there until the party had started, but traffic between those coming in and those leaving was very well directed. The Ghost Host also made announcements as 7pm approached about the party and who needed to do what depending on what tix you had. Very informative, and set a great tone for the night.

So, upon CinderBella's request, we headed to HM first thing (no line at all). None of us had been on it since the refurb (except Big Ron who had yet to arrive). I was mucho impressed. You've all, by now, probably read the reviews but I have to say that the changes were even better than expected. Bella loved the new Madam Leota, and I like how they did the bride upstairs, very cool effects.

Oh, and if you couldn't tell by the cast of characters, we were Cinderella and comp. for the night. We got lots of applause from the CMs and could here little girls saying, "Those are the step-sisters!" etc.

Next we went to Splash Mountain, not my favorite idea when wearing a large gown. Oh well. By this time we were getting close to 7 and chilled out until they opened the first candy stop in Frontierland. I love Halloween!! YUMMY!! I also appreciated that they gave out more variety this year. Last time, it ws almost all chocolate, which is yummy, but doesn't travel well. Next we did PotC. Again, almost no line! Mon had never been on it and was glad she could go and take Jake. She usually sticks to Epocot where there are a bunch of infant friendly rides.

More candy.....................

Then we went in search of characters. Almost got roped into the free face painting (pretty cool since it's usually $15-20), but the line was enormous!!! We went and saw Tarzan, but had to get out of that line, Bella was freaked out by him, but got a cute pic with Baloo.

We then waited a few minutes for Big Ron to finally get there. Boy, were the girls excited to see Daddy!!!

Sis and I nixed the idea of the Swiss Family Treehouse… Hello! Big dresses and stairs do not mix!

So we heard that the “real” Lady Tremaine and step-sisters were over by the castle, so we started heading in that direction, but decided to stop and eat on the way at Pecos Bill’s. We were all hungry and the first parade was starting so we got through the food line quick and had plenty of room to spread out and eat.

Next, we headed out to Fantasyland and just missed taking pics with Snow & all 7 dwarfs. But we got a good spot for HalloWishes. Granted half of the fireworks were in front of us and the other half behind us, it was kinda cool to be surrounded by them. Plus, these have got to be one of my favorites as far as fireworks shows go.

**Complete side note: One of my best friends growing up sent me a copy she found of Disney’s Halloween Treat. We used to watch a taped version from Disney Channel literally year-round. Anyone else???? The one she found is narrated by a big pumpkin and not the Magic Mirror, but still brings back tons of memories.***

Okay, back to the originally scheduled program… We did lots more trick-or-treating and then went and waited in the longest line of the trip; to take pictures with our counterparts. They were staged beside (not behind like we’d been told) the castle where Belle does her story-telling. You could tell they spotted us as soon as we got into line. It was great fun up there and they gushed over how lovely we looked. I don’t have a pic with them, yet. Still waiting on my sis to get hers loaded up.

By the time we got done with that, we were going to head over to the Speedway, but the parade was about 20 mins out so we staked out a decent spot on the main circle in front of the castle. I’m a slacker because I was so enjoying the parade that I didn’t take any pictures, so you’ll all have to go see it for yourself!! J

We followed Goofy’s Candy Factory all the way down Main Street. The littlest ones were getting sleepy and Bella just a bit Grumpy (not to mention most of the adults had been up since before 6am) and we wanted to be fresh for morning EMH at EPCOT.

So ends our (pre) Halloween adventure. We got a few rides in, but doing the trick-or-trerating and seeing the fireworks and parade were key for us, so it was a good night. Plus, people/costume watching was a blast. Did I mention we saw the entire Incredibles family. Very brave, both parents were in spandex!!!
    Last edited by satijp; 10-17-2007 at 12:48 PM.
    -Tanya

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property

I don't know why the pictures aren't showing up, they were in the preview when I was adding them..... any tips?
    -Tanya

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property

AWW! i'm so ready for the party!!! i'm spending a entire day thursday and one evening on monday at MK so the night of the halloween party will be all about all the lil halloween extras and not the rides.. well i might fit in the manison!!...LOL

did you see any prince alarming's or Sinderella's????

great trip so far.. how warm was it.. hubby's costume has long sleeves!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Weather was quite warm... I don't like the cold at all and in my lovely, huge dress, I was almost too warm until about 9 or 10pm. It does look like it's heading a little cooler in thed next week or two, though hi/lo going from 90s/70s to mid-80s/60s. My hubby, however, does not like the warm humid air (especially when I took him in July), and might not have been as comfortable. I did wear a tank top and shorts under my dress in case I got way too hot, but I never had to resort to that. Another thing that will make you way warm (and I should have known from skiing) is that anything on your head, such as a large wig, is gonna trap heat and make you feel a lot warmer.
    -Tanya

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property

thank god i have no wig!!...LOL

ya'll looked awesome.. where did you get all that costumes!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Let's see... Cinderella is obvious. My Mom added sequins and bustles to old gowns of my sister's and mine (an old bridesmaid gown of her's and I was Rapunzel when I was 13), and hers was a lace over dress over just black pants and shirt, and I have no idea where she came up with the cool collar. Our wigs we got at my friends' costume shop in Orlando (Crazy Costumes) and my mom teased and painted her own. She's quite handy. The pumpkin was just generic, but fit the theme (and I sprayed it with pumpkin spice perfume, so she smelled yummy, too!). And the horse and Fairy GM were also from the costume shop. FGM also had a long hooded white cape, but that was about 1/2 way through the evening and she had gotten too hot.
    -Tanya

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property

well ya'll looked awesome!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Day 2… finally….

It’s been a long week at work…

Anyways, we begin with the same cast minus Big Ron. He had to return to the real world. The rest of the girls (and Jake) played hookey!

We got up pretty early to take advantage of EMH at EPCOT. Apparently not early enough though. We saw the DreamTeam taking pictures with a family. Not sure what they had won, but it must’ve been pretty good! J

We headed straight over to Mission:Space since Bella was finally tall enough to ride it. So we let her decide if we wanted spinning or non-spinning. She was all for the spinning, so we got our orange passes and headed in. Before we even got to the lines, she got a bit tentative and decided that she wanted green instead, so we went back and got green passes. But apparently, after the welcome video where they tell you “not to be nervous,” she started getting a little bit nervous. She said she didn’t really want to go into space (and it’s just like Space Mountain didn’t work) so we opted out, traded off passengers and finally went on the orange side. There was no line for either, so we walked straight on. I somehow remember it being more intense when they didn’t have the two options, but it was still fun.

While we were making our original trip through M:S, sis went over to get FP for Test Track and it was down “indefinitely,” but when we got over there it was up with about a 5 min wait. I LOVE EMH!!!

Next, we headed over to the Land to check on a cupcake decorating seminar for the kiddies, but it wasn’t starting until noon, but that’s okay because Mon and Jake had just arrived. We decided that Nemo was pretty close to us and the entrance and was little kid friendly, so we decided to meet there. Unfortunately, the line was outside the building with about an hour wait. NO THANK YOU! But we all met up and got ourselves ready for some serious munching. Since WS wasn’t open yet we fit in a quick Journey into Imagination and walked right. The skunk part still gets me, Yuck!

Bella was hoping to see the “real” Figment, but he wasn’t out when we exited, but she did con her mommy into getting her a new pen for her new autograph book ($7.99 for a pen!?!?!). Plus, she was getting hungry, as were we all… so let the F&WF begin!!!

Oh, and people looked at me like I was nuts taking pics of food (soon to be posted), but I wanted to share, well at least share the ones that didn’t get eaten before I got to them! We just charged everything to the room, and then kept the receipts to add up and divide at the end of the day.
    -Tanya

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property

LOL.. the food pics.. i'm wondering what my hubby is going to do when i take a pic of our food..LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Okay, so to finish up my trip report is our Eating Around the World Adventure. It was such an undertaking, that I have half dreaded doing this part because I don’t want to miss anything. BUT I realize the further I get from the event the less likely I am to remember all the food!!! At least we took notes… and pictures J

Just to remind there were 4 adults sampling (all female) plus one 4yo who tried what she thought looked good. Jake and Mac basically looked cute and had formula and baby food, poor things.

Champagne
    This was the first booth we came to and decided champagne and chocolate first thing was not the brightest idea and that we’d come back to it at the end. Well, we were so stuffed we never did. But they did look yummy.

Chile – $5.75
    Our first samples were the:
    Camaron con Pebre - Shrimp with Cilantro Salsa ($3.75)
    and the Ensalada de Mango y Fresa con Cilantro - Mango and Strawberry Salad with Cilantro ($2.00).
    The shrimp was very tender and well seasoned, a cool treat that we all enjoyed. Bella was upset that she didn’t get her own cup, but was promised a second if she was still hungry at the end of the day. Mom liked th fruit better than the rest of us. I thought it tasted a bit processed, though if I was making it myself, cilantro is a nice addition to boring fruit salad.
    Btw… I had forgotten to take pics for the first couple of countries, sorry.
    Argentina - $5.00
    Organic Spicy Beef Empanadas $3.00
    Dulce de Leche - Caramelized Milk Pudding $2.00
    Both were super yummy!!! The beef was not too spicy (though I quite like spicy things) and the crust was pastry-like, just melted in your mouth. It was about the size of your palm and easily cut into pieces. And the Dulce de Leche you might ask? Heavenly! We all agreed that if there weren’t so many more to go, we would’ve gotten another.

Mexico – $3.75
    Chilaquiles - Baked Tortillas with Chicken and Cheese $3.75
    First of all, it’s just fun to say chee-lay-kee-lays!!! But it was also quite yummy. The cheese was the white kind that you find in most Mex restaurants, melted. It did have sour cream on top, which was a nice contrast, because this was one of the spicier dishes. Almost too spicy for Bella.
    We also decided to let a bit of the food settle and go for a boat ride on the river of time… or whatever it is now. The little ones all enjoyed looking for Donald & Co. I still miss the old version a little, but they kept the Dios de la Muerta (or whatever) party scene with the fireworks in the roof, which is my fave part.

Ireland - $8.00
    Chilled Potato Leek Soup with an Irish Cheddar Cheese Stick $2.75
    Boxty Potato Pancake - with Bacon Chips and Kerrygold Garlic and Fresh Herb Butter $2.25
    Irish Cheese Plate and Brown Bread with Apple Chutney and Kerrygold Irish Butter $3.00
    We just got everything here because no one could make a decision. Guess it turned out all right though. I’m not a big fan of any type of cool soup, but flavor-wise it was pretty good. I just wanted to go stick it in a microwave. Bella however quite liked it and finished it up when everyone else had gotten a taste. The cheese was a harder light colored cheese, tasted a little bit like parmesan. The bread was a nice compliment and the chutney was yummy – it had some berries and maybe grapes? in addition to the apples. Last but not least, was the “pancake.” It was actually more of a mini omelet stuffed with onions and bacon. This was far and away my favorite from Ireland!!

Spain - $3.00
    Papas Con Chorizo - Potatoes and Spicy Sausage $3.00
    Here, we decided to try to start limiting our menu selections a little for fear that we’d have to be rolled out of the park. The sausage wasn’t too spicy, but Bella still doesn’t eat anything termed “spicy.” This is a good trick for anything you don’t want her to eat, but I digress. This was a pretty good portion, as we all got several bites. I don’t know if it was a full sized meal though, if I wouldn’t need a little more variety.

India - $1.50
    Indian Rice and Coconut Pudding $1.50
    In the same spirit of conserving stomach space, I almost got outvoted to skip India, but figured an inexpensive dessert (and I love coconut) was in order. Good call!! It was great. Everyone gave it the thumbs up. It had a nice little tang to it and chunks of pineapple (we think).

To be continued...
    -Tanya

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I love the food pics! Some of it sounds way better than it looks. Good trip report so far!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast