Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Your WORST Disney expeirience! in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok it sounds like hearsy,but we all have the following things at least once: Bad journy to Orlando Bad Hotel Bad Disney experience(gasp!) Bad jounrny home. Here is mine: It ...
    EpcotCenter1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Your WORST Disney expeirience!

Ok it sounds like hearsy,but we all have the following things at least once:

Bad journy to Orlando
    Bad Hotel
    Bad Disney experience(gasp!)
    Bad jounrny home.

Here is mine:
    It was the day before thanksgiving and we were driving to disney after my classes.But there was so much traffic that it made a 3 hour trip a 7 hour trip.
    The next day and the day after that,the parks were overcrowed.The day we went home,my folks wanted to tour the places we could get a vacation home in Orlando,but our guide got us driving for 2 hours lost and got home at 9:00 pm!

So share your bad experience!
    -EC1

If you can dream it, you can do it!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Our entire stay at Pop Century was completely forgettable (or we wish we could).
    They call me "Nana"

aurora&goofy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've never really had a horrible experience at disney, but i hate when parents go psycho on their kids and start screaming and yelling and carrying on. I saw it once during the fireworks and this mom was going crazy...it was disturbing.
    and

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    My fam had surprised me with a fireworks cruise on my b-day this summer. It was drizzling a bit, not bad... all the boats were running from Fort Wilderness, but noone in planning could figure out where our boat (with snacks, champagne and my b-day cake) was. Finally, after taking to several managers, etc, a hotel supe at FW brought us a couple of sweatshirts and blankets to the picnic area to dry off/warm up (we had 5 adults and kids 6,4 and 1) to the beach, where we watched the fireworks at MK. Never did find out what happened to the boat and heard many conflicting stories (including that none of the boats were running - hmmmm - funny since we saw no fewer than 10-15 that night). We finally had my bro-in-law go back to POR and get the car where we all crammed in to get back to te hotel about 11. Then at almost midnight, they delivered the cake to our room (It was from the GF bakery and I have to admit it was beautiful, but I wasn't happy to have to wake up to see it.)
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

cp1999 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I had my brand new video recorder stole from Pizza Planet at MGM Studios. I set it down next to me to play the basketball game and when
    I was done and looked down it was gone!?!?!?!? The one thing that bothers me at the parks is the lack of video surveillance..
    Last edited by cp1999; 10-23-2007 at 03:18 AM.
    Mike from Rochester. Yes that Mike from Rochester.

Vista Way- 1999
    Coronado Springs- 2000
    All Star Movies- 2003
    Caribbean Beach- 2004
    Animal Kingdom Lodge- 2005
    Saratoga Springs- 2008

AllAbouttheMouseketeer #119

TEAM VOICE '09
    "Many Goals, One Voice"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Y'know I am sitting here trying to think and there are two things that come to mind but neither really ruined the trip or made for a bad experience.

One was when I was so young I barely remember. I think I was 4 or 5 and my grandparents took me to Disney. It was one of my first times in Florida and I guess between the heat and the tons of food I'm sure I ate... I ended up getting sick in our rental car. I remember getting sick but not much else. My grandmother loved to tell me the story though and until she passed away last year I think I had heard it at least 30 times.

The only adult experience I can think of was when we took Aaron to Disney for the first time earlier this year. We had a terential downpour at the MK and ended up getting soaked. We had ponchos but the rain was so hard that they didn't help. Aaron was in his stroller as we were running down mainstreet to get to the Monorail (we had already planned to go back to the hotel for a bit anyway) and he got drenched. We had put the poncho over his stroller but he wanted nothing of it and kept pulling it up so he could feel the rain pelting him in the face. Ordinarily this would've made for one of those "OMG it s*cked" stories but the end of if is that Aaron fell asleep in the car from the TTC to the resort and was so out that we had to get him out of his soaking wet clothes on the bed in the room and let him sleep in just his diaper, sideways on the bed. It was adorable.

SOAKED:

Half naked and sound asleep:
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    So sweet, I love to watch sleeping babies.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    it was last February when we id the vows at WDW. We had a Limo pick us up to take the whole crew from Old key West to dinner at Wildernes Lodge. Our Limo driver was brand new. She got lost taking us to Wilderness Lodge we ended up in orlando some where (we didn't pay a lot of attention un til we noticed we'd been in the car a half hour). We ended up late for our ADR at Artist Point.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort before and we where put all the way at the end in the Trinidad area and we had to catch a bus to the main lobby and main pool. And it was the last bus stop so it was always crowded. We where suppose to have a lake front view but we were set back from the lake and had a palm tree at our window. I made good friends with that palm tree tho, lol.

And we stayed at Pop before and we had a good room and stuff but for some reason the staff wasn't on there best service that week.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

heartswdw is offline A-Ticket holder
    My friends and I went to WDW for Senior Week and when we got on the Magicla Express our luggage was put onto the wrong bus and we didnt have it until our second doy of vacation. It was upsetting becuase all of out makeup and hair products were there. But we tried not to let it ruin our week!!

EpcotCenter1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora&goofy View Post
    I've never really had a horrible experience at disney, but i hate when parents go psycho on their kids and start screaming and yelling and carrying on. I saw it once during the fireworks and this mom was going crazy...it was disturbing.
    If I had a Buck-Fifty every time I saw that happen,I'd be so rich.
    -EC1

If you can dream it, you can do it!

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Amen to aurora&goofy's post.

My worst experience isn't bad at all, which is quite a nod to Disney's customer service. My family was eating at the Columbia Harbour House. I walked down to Pinocchio's Village Haus to get food for myself and one other person. I planned on walking back to Columbia Harbour House to eat with the rest of my crew. I very nicely asked a Cast Member if they had some kind of bag I could use to transport my food. He looked at me and said, "What do you think we are, McDonald's". Grr!

lonegungirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    My worst single experience was probably when, after sitting through the Hall of Presidents in the same area with some guy who took flash photos through the whole thing, I got accosted by some lady who accused me of doing it! When I denied it, she sneered "oh, I bet!" and walked off before I could recover and belt her one.

My least-successful trip is a more involved story, but suffice it to say, it involved a series of events including such highlights as...
    --I end up getting dropped off at the airport too late to check luggage, and have to repack all my things (or as much as possible) into 2 carry-ons, while getting berated by the airport people.
    --The room is not ready when I get there
    --The credit card I try to use does not go through.
    --I lock the key to my luggage in my luggage.
    --Immediately afterwards, I lock the room key card in my room.
    --I catch cold.
    --I get stuck on a malfunctioning monorail the last day, miss the Magic Express back to the airport, am told to take a cab by the Magical Express people to the tune of $60+, and eventually hitch a ride with a perfect (but very nice) stranger named Cinnamon.

[ If you are out there somewhere, Cinnamon, thank you.]

ky71 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't have a bad word to say about the mouse house!
    Kylee

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I wasn't happy with seeing many MANY parents yelling at times screaming at their kids, some as little as 2. It actually scared my daughter a couple of times. (she's 17 months). I know kids can become a handfull especially if your controlling more then one. But there's a time and place for everything. I was so sick of seeing it, and also the crying kids, even 7 and 10 year olds. The happiest place on earth.

Oh and another thing, seems like every Parade we saw, at all the parks, we'd line up early and have a clear view, and by the time the parade started we were pushed back with people in front of us. I hate these people that come up and stand next to you, then the next thing there standing so far out in front, that you only see the parade when it's directly in front of you. I like to see whats coming and get a few shoits as Characters or floats are approaching, Not only that I end up with these same annoying people in all my pictures. That I have to look at and be reminded of everytime I look at them. UGH

Here's one taken last week, after a long day at the MK - Princess Adeline was down for the count.
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music