Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Finally it's my turn!!! Amanda's Pre-Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay guys some I'm new to the whole pretrip/trip report thing so try to bear with me. I'll start with the cast.... Me (Amanda)---18 y.o. Disney nut Amber---my 16 y.o. ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Finally it's my turn!!! Amanda's Pre-Trip Report!

Okay guys some I'm new to the whole pretrip/trip report thing so try to bear with me. I'll start with the cast....

Me (Amanda)---18 y.o. Disney nut
    Amber---my 16 y.o. sister//also a Disney nut//the dare devil of the bunch
    Bill---my 43 y.o. dad//workaholic who becomes a kid again as he enters the MK
    Doreen---my 44 y.o. mom//acts like a kid whether she is at Disney or not LOL//has a serious addiction to Splash Mountain//does not EVER get tired while in the World
    ...and...a special addition to our usual cast...
    Diane (referred to Aunt D.D. by my sister and I..idk--just a name I came up w/ when I was little lol)---my forty-something y.o. aunt//my dad's sister//EXTREMELY goofy lol//she has been to Disney a couple times in the past but for the first time we are going to show her how to do it THE RIGHT WAY lol

Soooo...our whole trip this time around is going to be very very special to all of us because it took us a veeeeery long time to make it happen. We are first of all very lucky because it normally take my family about 4 years to save up for a Disney trip (this will be my fourth one). Our last one was in Sept. of '06 so we have done some serious saving in the past year to be able to go again so soon. We started thinking about this trip literally the second we entered our house from coming home from our last trip..lol..and thought that it would be just awesome if we got to experience Disney at Christmas time!! Then we thought it would be even greater if we could take my dad's whole side of the family with us...soooooo....we introduced them to the idea and it looked like everyone was all up for it! That would mean our group would consist of the 5 people listed above plus my grandma (Nanny), grandpa (Papa), cousin Amy (31), & cousins Rachel (7) and Vanessa (4)--they are Amy's kids. We all started saving and originally booked our stay from the day after Thanksgiving until December 3. We were supposed to be staying at All Star Sports the first half of the trip and POR the second half and had ticket for MVMCP Dec. 2. For awhile everything looked good...and then things got bad. Amy didn't think she was going to be able to come up w/ all the money for her and her two kids and time and started to get a little leery...and then near the end of June the whole family had to forget about the trip completely for awhile. I found out then that my Nan had cancer. A week into July she passed away sooner than anyone could have expected it. Soooo our whole summer was full of tears and some unhappiness. None of us mentioned the vacation at all until pretty recently when we decided that maybe the trip should still happen. It was hard to decide since my Nan was what the family revolved around--it just didn't/still doesn't feel right to go w/out her. She was into this trip wholeheartedly...she wanted to go sooo bad.That was when we realized we should still go---it is for sure what my Nan would have wanted. Unfortunately, Amy, Rachel, & Vanessa can't go now...and my Papa decided to stay home too.

My mom had to call Disney back and cancel some of the rooms we booked etc. Then we realized that the week we had planned wouldn't work out very well due to my basketball schedule. She called them back again...rearranged our room situation AND OUR MVMCP TICKETS! This is where some Disney magic comes into play. The tickets are supposed to be nonrefundable, but my mom explained the situation to Disney and the five of us that are going were able to have our ticket dates changed. Disney also went as far as to refund us for the 5 people that are not able to attend now!

Soooo...our plans as of right now are....leave from and arrive at Disney (we are flying for the 1st time ever) on December 5 and to check out and come home on Decemver 14. The first night we are there we will be staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness. I have never ever been there so if anyone on here has any comments/suggestions I would love to hear them!! After that we will be switching over to POR---my family stayed here on our first ever Diseny trip when it was still Dixie Landings. My dad is so looking forward to this---he absolutely LOVED this resort when we were there way back when. Our xmas party dates have been switched over to December 11 and all of us are soooo excited about attending that!!!! We have MYW tickets + park hopper...park hopper tickets are a must for my family!!

As far as having our actualy days planned out for what parks we are going to...I don't have any of that done yet! This is our longest ever stay at Disney (10 days!!) so I have no doubt that we will be able to do everything that we want to more than once...esp. since crown levels will hopefully be low. We know for sure that we want to go resort hopping to check out all of the xmas decorations--we are thinking about doing this maybe on the day that we arrive since it will probably be a short day (that is if we can keep ourselves from the MK for that long...) or giong to DTD. We are not on the Dining Plan...it is just way too much food for us--we are the kinda people who like to grab a granola bar on the way out of the hotel in the morning and maybe sneak a lunchable if we're lucky in the afternoon...then we finally eat some real food when we get back at night which usually isn't until around 11 or midnight. When we get at Disney we don't stop! We are out of the hotel in the morning for whichever park has morning EMH and we don't get back until the park w/ the night time EMH is closed.

Anyways...that's pretty much all I've got right now...I hope it's not too long to keep your interest!! We are very ready for this trip and are soooo happy that my Aunt D.D. is able to come with--every one of us is very close with her and have never gotten to vacation w/ her. Her past Disney experiences have been...well...done like a rookie lol..so this time we're gonna make sure she sees that extra magic!! I'll keep you updated as soon as we have more plans!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Cool . Welcome to the club Thumper. LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Sounds like a great trip - even though it was surrounded by some sad circumstances. I am sure your Grandma would want you to go and expereince the magic in her honor.

Early December is the perfect time to go - low crowds + Christmas magic

Can't wait to hear more!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Take a camera- we're a tough crowd if you don't share pictures with us! I'm looking forward to feeding my obsession thru you.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

thanks guys! we will for sure be taking tons of pictures...last trip it was over $100 to get them all developed lol
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    What a great start Amanda..... We can't wait to hear about Disney at Christmas time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and like Cinderella said,we love pictures and good detail also... I'm living through all of you that go!!!!!!!!!
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

so i have a quick question...were planning on eating at planet hollywood most likely the day we check in bc were probably gonna be in DTD and we all know my aunt will just love the movie props (shes gonna freak out when she sees dorothys dress---shes a wizard of oz fanatic)...what time do guys recommend for dinner down there?? i dont want it to be too crowded but i dont think we want too late of a dinner either...any suggestions so we can make our reservations?
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

less than a month!!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i gosh i remember being 28 days way! i was so excited
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I'd see about 7:30 pm for dinner. Or maybe 8:00. I think they are kind of used to late eaters.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

i know its gettig so close!

thanks cindy..i was thinking 7:30ish also
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

okay guys...so im down to 10 days and can barely contain myself!!! everyone is so ready to go and i think we have everything in order! we are flying out of chicago on wednesday dec 5 and scheduled for our plane to land in orlando at 5:30. we are then supposed to have magical express take us over to FW to check in. we have never used ME before so i was wondering if you guys knew about how long it would take for us to get off the plane, set up w/ ME, and then checked into our hotel?? our plans are to check in asap and then head out to one of the parks...most like MK (it is open the latest that night and i dont think we have ever been able to be in disney and not see the castle on our first day there LOL)...so my main question was about how long do you think it would take for us to be able to set out to the parks? AK has EMH that night so that would be another possibility for us..the park is scheduled to close at 7 and then EMH begin--does anybody know how long they would last over there? i thought AK usually closed before the other parks...

also...since we have 10 days this trip we are for sure going to spend some time resort hopping to see all the xmas decorations. does anybody have any "must visit" resorst...i know we will for sure be stopping at AKL, WL, and GF..and im sure some more that we are not sure of yet. does anybody else know of any other that we must visit?
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I don't really have any answers to your questions, but I thought I'd remind you to go to Lou's download section and print out a copy of the DWT member badge. I'll be in the WDW area while you are there, and I'll be on the lookout for any DWT badges.
    I think I've read in other posts that it takes a good hour to get from the airport to some of the hotels. I'm sure someone will give a more definitive answer.
    Since you have 10 days to play, don't worry about not making the most of the first few hours you are there. Do what you can and then get plenty of rest to get a great start the next day. Everything will still be there and this is supposed to be a vacation. I think I'd be looking at doing the park with EMH, and then going back to check out the resort; get the lay of the land.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I am sorry about your grandma but I hope you have fun!
    Last edited by nicki12; 11-25-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

thanks guys...i spent most of today packing...i have some of everything--jeans, shorts, tshirts, hoodies..i know the weather can be kind of unpredictable in dec. ive been looking it up everyday and it looks like during the daytime it is low 80s high 70s...my family is sooooo looking forward to this--it was 23 here last night!! i dug out all my disney books to take too of course---i have PassPorter's Disney World Treasure Hunts one and a Hidden Mickeys one that i haven't been able to use yet so im excited about getting some use out of them!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast