Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Just Got Back - My Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Trip Report October 19th through Oct 26th Pop Century / Classic Years From the time we landed the magic was there, and we were really excited. Magical Express took us ...
    GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Just Got Back - My Trip Report

Trip Report

October 19th through Oct 26th
    Pop Century / Classic Years

From the time we landed the magic was there, and we were really excited. Magical Express took us to Pop Century. What a great resort, as we checked in we were handed Anniversary Pins to wear, and also a 1st Time pin for our daughter. (17 months). We were then upgraded to a preferred room in the 60’s building. Room 5159 on the first floor facing the food court and lobby it was great being so close to everything. We felt spoiled. And for the record there was plenty of room for us both and a crib for the baby. My wife’s bag showed up, but not mine, I was a little nervous but a couple hours later mine also showed up. It was very hot and humid 88. We got plenty of fun towel animals, and Maria (our Mousekeeper) also left our souvenirs in different arrangements in the windows and on the beds. The resort did have this horrible smell outside, coming out from the side doors of the food court it smelled like sour milk. Not sure what that’s all about.

The next 4 days were a whirlwind of fun and excitement! I will never be able to explain the sheer joy and excitement I felt watching everything through my daughter’s eyes. During the Parades she was wide eyed and smiling ear to ear, during the Character meals she was a bundle of fun, playing with all the characters from Little Einstein’s and Jojo and Goliath to Tigger and Pooh etc. and the Character Spot at Epcot was an insane amount of fun. I must have 100 pictures of just her with characters. We also got to see Johnny & the Sprites.

The weather was not very cooperative the week we went for the 1st time in 7 years. It rained off and on the whole time, so we were able to catch certain events in between the raindrops. I think I’d much rather go in November like we used to do. Never caught rain before.

We stuck to easy going rides like, Small World, Carousal, Train, Transit Authority, Haunted Mansion, Finding Nemo (at Epcot) she loved Pooh’s playland tree, something I probably would’ve never stopped at before. It was nice seeing different things. She slept through the whole Great Movie ride and only woke up briefly going through the Wizard of Oz scene, and fell back to sleep, which made us both laugh, thinking she probably thinks she’s having this far out dream. LOL

The lines were long long long everywhere we went, it was horrible, I think November was usually better for us. I spent 30 mins standing in line more then once, just to buy water or ice cream. And 45 mins waiting for my Dole Whip Float (worth every minute) it was too hot for us too, and the rainy weather made it worse, it was humid.

The next morning heading into the Animal Kingdom we stopped at the entrance with about 100 or so people and watched the Space Shuttle taking off. That was great to see in person, just wish I had my camera in hand at the time.

The bad news was on the 5th day, our little Princess started getting sick at the Animal Kingdom, we had to go to First Aid, she had a 102 Temperature and was like a rag doll, We were immediately taken back to our resort, were we met with Disney employees who called us transportation (at No Charge) to take us back and forth to the Hospital. She ended up having a case of bronchitis and need a Nebulizer treatment to clear her lungs. (It was not fun). We were sent back to the resort with a powerful antibiotic, and stayed in for the remainder or our vacation, nursing her back to health.

We missed our Anniversary dinner at the Coral Reef, and we never made it to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party, and we also missed Dan Zanes, as well as any of the Fireworks we wanted her to see. Meeting with Disney employees, and understanding our situation, they refunded our tickets to the MNSSHP which took us by surprise. But we are sorry we missed everything we wanted to take her to. Which was why we went in Oct this year instead of Nov. We now also have 3 unused days on our hopper passes, that are no good to us. (Should’ve opted for the non expiring ones).
    It was a rough trip home on the plane because she was still sick, and the ear popping made it all worse, it was a long 3 hours back to NH. She’s on the mend and back to her old self. Can’t wait to make plans for next year. We’ll probably opt for the Moderate though. The crowds were so huge and the food court was so packed every meal. The food always seemed to be cold by the time we made it to sit down anywhere.

We did not do the dining plan, and from what we could see looked very confusing, people were always holding up the line, trying to figure out what they were paying for or not or if something was a table meal, snack, etc. Before we left I bought a Disney gift card at the Disney store and put $300 on it, and we used that for our meals, it was so easy and at the end of our stay, bought some souvenirs for ourselves with the balance.

We also, didn’t buy into the photo pass package, although we did get a card and at the end bought 3 different 5x7 pictures.

All in all it was great to be down in the Magic

Till next time………….

February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Sounds like you had a mostly great trip - I too have discovered the joys of Poohs Playful Spot with a toddler...its kind of nice being forced to slow down and do things at their pase

I am so sorry to hear that she got sick though! Thankgoodness she is recovering!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I am sorry you had such giant crowds. We always go in October because there aren't any people there. I love that she loved the characters and hope you post some pics for us! How great of Disney to help you out by refunding your MNSSHP ticks. I am glad she feels better now. Hopefully you won't be too turned off from October and will try to do the party again. It is so worth it.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I'm glad that your daughter is feeling better. And glad that you at least got some of the magic.... Nice report
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    So scary when a child gets sick, especially away from home. Glad she's doing better, and that you had a good time up until then.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Thanks everyone for your well wishes, she's doing fine.

I'd love to add a photo or two.
    Lets see if I can do it correctly

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The last pic was on the TTA our favorite ride, I think we rode it 4 times last week.
    Never any line and nice to relax, (wish it was longer)

This pic was taken outside the Animal Kingdom with Pluto.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just Got Back -  My Trip Report-dsc02545.jpg   Just Got Back -  My Trip Report-dsc02519.jpg  

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Glad to hear that your dd is on the mend. What a lousey time to pick up bronchitis, as if there is a good time.
    We used a giflt card to go around Epcot last year for the Food and Wine Festival. It worked great.
    Great report!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    I am glad you all had fun and I am sure we crossed pathes sometime at the POP. We were staying there the 21-28! We stayed in the 90's building and like you used a gift card for most of our meals. We were on our honeymoon and people bought us stuff and put it on our Disney Honeymoon registry! The gift card worked out perfect. And when we had money to spare on it at the end of the trip we bought a great Mickey picture frame to hold one of our trip photos in. I am so glad your daughter is doing better and it is great to hear Disney refunded your tickets for MNSSHP. My new husband and I had some disney magic ourselves when it came to MNSSHP. We decided last minute that we were going to go on Thursday October 25th and went to City Hall to buy tickets. They said since we were on our Honeymoon that the tickets were on them! Thank you to Jim in City Hall!! What a great CM!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGuy View Post
    The last pic was on the TTA our favorite ride, I think we rode it 4 times last week.
    Never any line and nice to relax, (wish it was longer)

This pic was taken outside the Animal Kingdom with Pluto.

What a cutie-pa-tootie! I would recognize the background of that restaurant anywhere!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i'm so sorry your lil princess got sick... ours did too.. we were like 30 mins from home and stopped to get a pizza to take home with us when she woke up with a really bad runny nose and a really awful cough!!! croupy (SP) cough.. it was midnight and we had to try to find a place open because i knew i had nothing for it at home.. she is still on the mend her self..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy