Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Two Sisters, No Kids or Husbands, and Lots of Stacey! in the Vacation Planning forums; We got right off BTMRR and walked right over to Splash Mountain. There was literally no wait, we walked right on, hooray! Splash Mountain is my all-time favorite, I just ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We got right off BTMRR and walked right over to Splash Mountain. There was literally no wait, we walked right on, hooray! Splash Mountain is my all-time favorite, I just adore it. From there we headed over to POC and took the right-hand queue. There was literally no one else in that line. It was so weird. We were the only one in our boat, just the two of us, it was really funny but also kinda creepy. Very cool. Here are some POC pics that I snapped.

How cool is this?? I love the way it turned out!

After we got out of POC, we watched Captain Jack Sparrow give Pirate Lessons to the kids in the crowd, very cute.

October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    AW ya'll look like you had so much fun!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    What a great time you both had. I am really getting more and more excited to make my trip next month!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

OK, where were we? After watching the Pirate Lessons for a while, we meandered over to the Jungle Cruise, I hadn’t been on it last time I was there and I love this ride. There was a pretty big standby line, so we grabbed some FP’s and had a little time to kill. So we bought some bottled water, watched the Magic Carpets go round and round, and shared another Luna Bar – I’m so glad we brought them.

Then, randomly, Steph said, “Let’s go back on Pirates!” Sure, why not? So off we went to ride POC again and the wait was less than 5 minutes, gotta love it. I didn’t have my camera in front of my face the second time so I was able to enjoy it more.

It was time to use our FP’s for the Jungle Cruise and it was packed! We got seated up front with a really hilarious CM/Skipper. I am a great audience for anyone, anything and everything cracks me up, so I was totally laughing the whole time we were on the ride.

After JC, hunger got the better of us so it was time for lunch. I knew just what I wanted, TURKEY LEG! They are my favorite things in the world, I just love them. So I bought a big ol’ turkey leg and the wonderful CM wrapped it in extra papers for me so I could take it along. We walked over to Columbia Harbour House b/c my sis isn’t so into turkey legs. They’re definitely not for the faint of heart! Steph got a hummus and broccoli slaw sandwich, not b/c it was healthy necessarily, she just thought it sounded good. It was OK, not my favorite combination. We ate in the Harbour House and then got going.

After lunch we wandered back into Fantasyland and rode Small World. There was a fairly sizeable line, but it moved fast and it’s a ride not to be missed. So iconic of Disney World. After that we hit Mickey’s Philharmagic, my sister had never seen it and I love it so much. She was very impressed! One of my favorite things about this attraction is the sheer beauty of the theater, it’s just gorgeous, especially the holding area before you go into the actual theater.

It was time to head over (finally!) to Tomorrowland. First things first, we had to hit the People Mover. Call it the TTA if you must, but it will always be the Wedway People Mover in my heart!

Love that ride so much. After that we grabbed FP’s for Space Mountain and then did the standby line for Buzz Lightyear. It was quite a wait, but I don’t mind waiting every so often, it makes you appreciate the theming in the queues. Steph kicked my butt in Buzz Lightyear, she got like 300,000 points! I was robbed!

After that, we grabbed some ice cream, yummmmmm.

I got the Mickey Bar, obviously, it was amazing. Steph got the cookies and cream Mickey head, but I liked mine much better.

After that, we had a little more time to kill before our FP, so we jumped on the Carousel of Progress. It’s so cheesy, but I love it! It’s one of Steph’s old favorites, so we couldn’t skip it.

It was time for our FP’s to Space Mountain, so we walked right in. I hate the queue in Space Mountain, I feel guilty walking by all those people, not sure why. Don’t you think Fast Passes give you a snob complex sometimes? Even though everyone can get them and use them, don’t you (in your head, hopefully) feel slightly superior to the underlings who have to wait in the standby line? Hee hee.

Space Mountain rocked, as always, I screamed my head off, I never know when those drops are coming! We got off of SM and got more FP’s for it right away.

Next installment – Picture heavy, Allie’s going to cry!

Read my pre-trip report!

We noticed as we were leaving Space Mountain that it was time for the Disney Dreams Come True Parade to start, yippee! I love parades! So we skeedaddled out of Tomorrowland and made our way up Main Street. I really wanted to sit but we were late coming onto the scene and I am NOT one of those people who compromises the view or space of people who have been waiting for a while. So we just kept moving along until we got up to Town Square and found an amazing space to sit, right where the parade curves around the square. It was perfect. So we plopped ourselves down and soon the parade was coming by.

OK, admission time, I cried! I don’t know why, I was just soooooo happy! The music, the princesses, the dancers, I just live for that stuff.

**Side story**
    When I was a senior in college, I auditioned to dance at WDW. They hold annual auditions and I really trained and worked so hard getting ready for that audition (I danced my whole life, all the way through college). Well, I didn’t make it through the first round of cuts and drove back to Gainesville brokenhearted. Had I known better, I would have either kept auditioning as many times as needed or I would have gotten in to the company another way, like doing Characters or other CM duties and auditioned in-house. But I didn’t know, and I was too thin-skinned for more rejection, so I never tried out again. I went to work for Club Med Resorts and got to dance on their stage every night instead, perfect! But I always watch the dancers at WDW with a mixture of awe and sheer envy.

**End of side story**

Anyway, the parade was just magical, and I took tons of pictures through my tears.

This was on the side of one of the floats, I love this picture!

Read my pre-trip report!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome report so far, great pictures as well!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

More parade pics:

So, as I was wiping my eyes as the parade ended, we realized we needed to mail the card we had bought my mom at Publix the night before. Her birthday was in a few days and we wanted the postmark to be from WDW. **Here is something I do not understand.** The only place to buy a stamp in all of WDW is in Mickey’s Star Traders in Tomorrowland, and the only place to mail a letter in WDW is in Town Square, outside of City Hall. Why is that? Why on earth can’t they sell stamps closer to where the mailbox is? Made no sense whatsoever to us, but oh well.

So I went to mail the letter and a CM was standing outside City Hall and he saw that I was wiping my eyes. I told him that the parade kind of got to me and he was hilarious! He said, “Oh my God, I cry all the time at this parade! It’s so beautiful!” (He was a little effeminate, I loved him.) Then he said, “Awww, you’re such a princess, you need a princess pin!” And he gave me a big princess button/pin! He made me cry all over again, I gave him a big hug, he made my day!

OK, onward, we hopped on the Walt Disney World Railroad and took it around to Mickey’s Toontown. We hadn’t been over there yet. It was mobbed!

We didn’t go into anything or ride anything in Toontown, just too crowded. There’s nothing in there that’s a “must-do” for me, so it was fine just to walk through. Winnie the Pooh had a 40 minute standby time, but we decided to brave it and go in anyway. It only took 15 minutes to get through, bonus! Silly old ride, I love it. Steph got queasy on the bouncing part, though. Oops.

We were a little aimless after that, so we kind of just wandered around for a while. In Liberty Square, Steph got the munchies so she bought some caramel corn and then we made our way back over to Tomorrowland. We rode the People Mover again, just because we could. Steph couldn’t believe it, it took 3 minutes to get onto the ride, the longest we’ve ever had to wait! After that it was time to use our Space Mountain FP’s, so off we went, again. By then, my feet were starting to ache, I was wearing really comfortable shoes, but I had walked more that day than I had in ages. My blisters had blisters!

Even though it wasn’t 7pm yet, we decided to start slowly making our way out of MK, we were both so tired. But then, we saw that the show “Dream Along with Mickey” was starting at the castle. Yay, more shows! So we plopped down in front of the castle and watched the show, it was so good, I cried again! Seriously, what’s wrong with me?!?

My daughter is OBSESSED with Aurora, so I had to get some extra pics of her:

The show was marvelous, but it was time to go. It was around 6:30 and we knew we had to be out by 7pm because of MNSSHP. So we walked out through the shops on Main Street and I bought my daughter a pink sweatshirt with all of the princesses on it. This is what we saw as we were leaving the park:

From there, we hopped onto one of the small ferries and made our way over to the Polynesian Resort. We had an ADR for 7:30pm at Kona Café. We arrived at the Poly at 7:10pm and decided to chill out for a little bit. The beach there was just about deserted and it was so nice out and we were so tired. So we laid in some lounge chairs and each called home to check in. Everyone was still fine, phew. It was so nice to lay in the chairs and just take in the beauty of that resort and the view of the lake. Just what we needed.

Lovely self-portrait:

We finally hauled our tushies out of the chairs and walked up to Kona Café. I LOVE the Poly, it’s my all-time favorite resort and I can’t wait to stay there sometime in the future. The Kona Café was busy but we were seated very close to our ADR time. The service was great, and the food was amazing! They brought out warm bread with macadamia honey butter. Oh, my, gosh. I could have eaten that entire loaf of bread, it was amazing. Steph had some pork chop thing and I totally splurged and got prime rib. I couldn’t finish it, it was huge but so good. Around dessert time, my eyes started drooping and I was just done. We skipped dessert and got right on the monorail and back to the TTC. We limped over to the car and made our way back to Bonnet Creek. What a great place to come back to after a big day! I switched on the Stacey Channel and filled up the huge bathtub and got right in, it was HEAVEN! After soaking for 15 minutes, I felt so much better. I set the alarm and got in bed and was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Coming up: Day 2 – Epcot Rope Drop and my FAVORITE part of the whole trip!

Read my pre-trip report!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Fantastic trip report.....You write very well, I can tell you got a quality education at UF

But really, great report, keep it coming!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    Fantastic trip report.....You write very well, I can tell you got a quality education at UF

But really, great report, keep it coming!

LOL, well thanks! It was a long time ago, but I did have a lot of fun in Gainesville. Fortunately the people who hired me for my career think that UF gave me a good education, too!

Read my pre-trip report!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    great report! love love love all the pics! i so want to take a sister trip now too!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Great report so far!! I love how you got pictures of yourselves enjoying everything! Question for you: were they using the characters with the blinking eyes/moving mouths in the Dream Along with Mickey show?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    great report! love love love all the pics! i so want to take a sister trip now too!!
    Thank you so much for reading! This was the first time my sister and I took a trip without any kids or spouses - or our parents! It was so much fun, and really different than traveling with my DH or friends. It's just a completely different level of comfort, you know? I highly recommend it!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Great report so far!! I love how you got pictures of yourselves enjoying everything! Question for you: were they using the characters with the blinking eyes/moving mouths in the Dream Along with Mickey show?
    I'm trying to wrack my brain to remember, but I'm almost positive they did not blink or move their mouths. I didn't know they had characters that did that! And, thanks so much for reading!

Read my pre-trip report!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    What an awesome report.... And glad your wait at Dulles went smoothly....
    From one Washatonian to another
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Thank you so much for sharing your trip report with us. I am loving every second and just like you I too cry in Disney. But it more so happens to me when I am watching the firework displays... They alwasy get me for some reason!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Day 2: Epcot!!

(I have to apologize in advance, this installment has no pictures! I'm sorry, I slacked! It will get better, thanks for reading. I hope it's not too boring!)

Day 2 – Epcot!!

The alarm went off again at 7am and I jumped right out of bed. Hooray, Epcot! I love Epcot and can’t ever skip it on a trip to WSW. I was a little sad we wouldn’t be able to get to AK or MGM this trip, but Epcot was a can’t-miss for sure. Steph was up and ready to go on time also, so we were out the door by 7:45am. Oh, did I mention that I watched the Stacey Channel the whole time I was getting ready?

We were in Epcot and parked by 8am. We parked in the very front row and walked up to the gates. Unlike the day before, we stopped right there. No one was going NOWHERE before 9am! There was hardly anyone waiting, so we walked up to a turnstile where no one was sitting and used the time to call home and check in. I was really starting to miss my DD, but fortunately she wasn’t missing me yet, so that was good.

People started coming in now, so we staked our claim against our turnstile. Everyone was super-friendly and no one was pushing or being rude at all. The CM’s who work the turnstiles started coming out and interacting with people, they were all so nice! Finally, around 8:50am, one of them yelled out, “Are you ready?” and we all yelled, YES! Then they opened the gate and let us in, I was the first one in! You could tell people had their agendas of where they wanted to start their day, we were among the Soarin’ pack. We all walked super-fast over to the Dancing Waters and were stopped by another rope. Stephie and I were right against the rope, next to a couple who we struck up a conversation with. My biggest regret is not getting her name, but she knows who she is if you’re reading this now!!! She was the most knowledgeable, most well-researched person I had met at the park, like me on steroids! A young and very friendly CM came over to the rope to talk with us and a few people around us had questions for him. This woman next to me knew every answer, way better than he did! She was awesome. So jokingly I said to her, “We’re just going to stick by you the rest of the day!”

OK, this is the really fun part. I don’t know why, but I LOVED the next few minutes of the trip. All of a sudden, the music came on really loud, and out ran all of the characters! Goofy ran over to our rope and gave all of us high-fives, so cute! Then, walking towards us, we saw:

Our CM’s from Soarin! They were so cute, they stopped and posed when I held out my camera. They said they were going to let us in but we had to stay behind them until we got to the entrance of Soarin’. Again, they shouted, “Are you ready?” and we all yelled YES! The music swelled, a few sparklers went off, and down came the ropes! I had goose bumps all over me! As we started walking, the sidewalk lit up where we walked, it was amazing! I didn’t get to take any pictures at this point because I was trying really hard not to fall or get trampled!

As we set out, some other cast members joined the 2 that we were walking behind, some on foot and some of Segway, they made kind of a human shield so that no one could get ahead of them. But it felt like a parade. All 100 of us or so marched over to The Land, up the ramp, around the atrium, down the stairs. It was so festive! I kept saying to my sister, “I LOVE this!” When we walked by Sunshine Seasons – the food court area – all of the CM’s were out there shaking their kitchen utensils in time to the music, smiling and waving, it was PERFECT! We marched past them and up the entrance of Soarin’.

OK, this is where the part about meeting those wonderful people in line totally paid off. The last time I was in Epcot – this past January – we got to go on Soarin’ twice but both times we were in the 3rd row on the very end, literally the same seats both time. Just an unlucky coincidence, I guess, even though the ride was amazing nonetheless. But I really wanted to sit in the front, preferably in the center, just to take it all in. So we’re walking through the queue, and our new friends who knew everything about Disney, said, “Stay with us, we’ll get you to the good seats.” So we followed along and the husband of the two told the CM at the front – when he asked how many riders – “There’s 4 of us.” At that point, I have no idea what he said, but the CM sent us down a different side than the other people in line, and 5 minutes later, we were in our seats in the front and center! It was amazing!!

First of all, I have to say that Soarin’ smells so good! I just breathed and breathed in there! Sounds so goofy, but it’s true. I want a perfume that smells like Soarin’! We loved the ride, I just about cried from loving it so much. The only detraction was that there was a older couple sitting next to Steph with – I’m assuming here – their grandson, who was about 3 or 4. I don’t know what the height restriction is, but he must have just made it. Anyway, they were sitting on either side of him and they insisted on pointing out EVERY SINGLE THING that popped up on the screen, as loud as they possibly could. Ugh, “Look Timmy, there’s a SKIER!” “Look Timmy, some ORANGES!!” “Look Timmy, there’s some TRAFFIC!!” (That was my favorite one.) It was so rude, and I know they were just excited to be riding with their grandson and maybe trying to keep him from freaking out, but it was so annoying! People should just SHUSH on that ride and enjoy!

Anyway, we hopped out of there and immediately got FP’s for later. We thanked our friends profusely and said goodbye, then we were on our way. We walked over to Nemo – Steph had never been on it before – and there was literally no wait. We walked right through the queue – which is gorgeous by the way – and into our clammobile. It’s such a cute ride, I hate being on there and wishing they had done just a little more, I don’t know what though. It’s just always left me a little lacking, I guess. It’s sweet though, and perfect for kids. Maybe it’s just b/c I’ve never been on it with kids before, that’s why I don’t appreciate it as much.

After Nemo, we crossed over to Test Track and rode the Single Riders line with about a 5 minute wait, no problem. I adore Test Track and never wait in the regular standby line. I don’t like to talk very much while on a ride anyway, so sitting next to people I know isn’t a very big deal to me. As always, Test Track rocked, love the ending! Oh, this is really cute. There was a very elderly lady in a wheelchair being pushed by an almost-as-elderly lady and they were in the car ahead of mine. When I got off, I had to wait for my sister so I was standing in the exit area and I was watching the woman help her friend back into the wheelchair. Once her friend was seated, she made her wheelchair rev and said, “Vroom, vroom!” and TOOK OFF down the ramp! OMG, it was hilarious, I never would have thought she could move that fast. Test Track must have really boosted her adrenaline! It was a very cute moment.

Neither Steph nor I had any desire to ride Mission Space. I got really sick on it when I rode during my honeymoon, and even though there is the no-spin option now, I still didn’t think it was a good idea, seeing how limited our time was anyway. We couldn’t afford motion sickness! It was time to head over to Soarin’ again. So off we went, this time we sat in the 2nd row in the center, it was wonderful again. And, no one to distract us this time! Stephie was able to enjoy it more the second time around b/c she didn’t feel like she was going to fall out of her seat.

After Soarin’, we decided to ride Living With the Land. The standby time said 10 minutes, but it ended up being more like 20. No biggie, except when we got onto our boat and it had pulled away from the loading dock, I asked Stephie what time it was. It’s important to note that neither of us had a watch so we would constantly have to dig our phones out of the backpack to check the time. Anyway, when I looked at the phone, I freaked out. It was 11:45am!! Ack, we had a 12:00pm ADR in MOROCCO! I had totally lost track of the time. I felt awful, and I was totally stuck, we had just started our ride on LWTL. Uh oh!!

Next installment: Will we make it Morocco???

Read my pre-trip report!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast