Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Two Sisters, No Kids or Husbands, and Lots of Stacey! in the Vacation Planning forums; After that ride, we went back to ride Maelstrom one last time. Again, we walked right on the FP lane, very cool. Awww, that was our last ride in WDW ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    After that ride, we went back to ride Maelstrom one last time. Again, we walked right on the FP lane, very cool. Awww, that was our last ride in WDW for this trip! So sad. But we wanted to get a good spot for Illuminations, and after asking a few CM’s, we decided to watch outside of Mexico. I usually stand over by America, but the CM’s we spoke with all said that England and Mexico offer the best views, so we decided to take their word for it. It was already pretty crowded, but a super-nice woman make us some room and we ended up chatting with her and her family for the 30 minutes we had left to wait. They were great and coincidentally also staying at Bonnet Creek.

I love this picture:

Steph waiting patiently:

OK, don’t get mad, but I didn’t take any pictures of Illuminations. This show is very special to me and I wanted to take it all in without a camera in front of my face. So I made the concerted effort to put the camera away and just enjoy what was unfolding in front of my eyes.

I bought the CD that has the music to Illuminations a long time ago, back when the Tapestry of Nations Parade was still going on (that music is on there, too). I have just about worn that CD out, I listen to it so much. It’s by far my favorite music in all of WDW. We were so lucky that we had a perfect view of the show, no annoying people around us to distract, it was perfect. Of course I bawled like a baby, I get so caught up in the majesty of all of it. I know some people don’t get it, but this just epitomizes what WDW means to me. It is truly my happy place (besides wherever my family is!) and it’s just a special, magical thing for me to be there. Plus, I knew that I was heading home in the morning, my WDW trip was almost over. So I cried and laughed and ooh’d and ahh’d with everyone else. Ugh, so amazing.

After Illuminations, we decided to sit and let the crowds thin out before we made our way. I knew this was going to be my last time in a WDW park for a long time, probably January 2008, so I walked a few feet away from my sister and leaned on the railing looking out at the lake. The music they were playing is all of the music from Illuminations and the old Tapestry of Nations parade, I listen to this music almost every single day, it’s magical to me. I just stood there for a few minutes, taking it all in and thinking about how blessed I am to be able to experience something like Walt Disney World every few years. It occurred to me that many of us (me included) get on these boards and post about how rude a family was, or how crowded the parks are, or how their favorite attraction was closed, when there are some people who will never in their lives get to come to Disney World. There are people who are even less fortunately than that, but I don’t want to get too preachy here. Do you know what I mean, though? We’re all so LUCKY to be able to come to a place like this and experience all of the magic. I felt very blessed at that moment and just very full of thanks. I know a lot of people would roll their eyes at all of my sentiment, but that’s just how I feel about WDW, you know?

Anyway, the crowds were thinning, and Steph and I were fading, so we started slowly walking back to the front of Epcot. I took a few pics on the way out, I was trying to be artsy with my camera. What do you think?

We reluctantly walked out the turnstiles and back to our car, and here is my last picture, not so great.

We drove back to Bonnet Creek and got ourselves packed up for our trips home (while watching Stacey, of course) and then I took another bath, ate my leftovers from Kona Café the night before, and got in bed.

Coming soon...
    Final Chapter:
    A peaceful morning and our trips home.
    Last edited by AllieBee; 12-01-2007 at 12:02 AM.
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    YEAHHHHH!! More pictures and stories from "Allies Adventures at Walt Disney World" I check this thread every day looking for updates, so I was so excited to see this one. Thank you for taking time to post it.

And btw, that last pic from Epcot is actually very nice, because it looks homey and real, like we are really standing in the parking lot with you, while you fumble for your keys to the rental car so we can all get in out of the wet...LOL

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Did you mean that your next trip would be in January 2009? January 2008 is just around the corner. Time flies when you're having fun.
    Great report. Loved the pics. I asked DH if we'd ever seen the movie in France. He had that puzzled look...the one that says...there's a movie in France? Another thing to add to the todo list.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by echoscot View Post
    YEAHHHHH!! More pictures and stories from "Allies Adventures at Walt Disney World" I check this thread every day looking for updates, so I was so excited to see this one. Thank you for taking time to post it.

And btw, that last pic from Epcot is actually very nice, because it looks homey and real, like we are really standing in the parking lot with you, while you fumble for your keys to the rental car so we can all get in out of the wet...LOL
    Thanks so much for reading! It's been so much fun to write this. I'm glad you liked the last blurry picture, and yes, it took FOREVER to find the keys in the bottom of the backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Did you mean that your next trip would be in January 2009? January 2008 is just around the corner. Time flies when you're having fun.
    Great report. Loved the pics. I asked DH if we'd ever seen the movie in France. He had that puzzled look...the one that says...there's a movie in France? Another thing to add to the todo list.
    The movie in France is the best b/c you get to sit down! Actually it is my favorite, the soundtrack is absolutely beautiful. Although as I'm getting older I'm enjoying all of the movies more, I used to think they were boring! Now it's me that's boring, I think!

Thanks so much for reading.

Read my pre-trip report!

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Thanks for giving us some more! Looking forward to the final chapter.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

The Final Chapter: A long walk and the trip home.

I'm so sorry, no pictures this installment! Thanks in advance for reading it anyway!

A great idea and the trip home:

We woke up at 8am and ate breakfast. We had to strip the beds and put all of the sheets and towels into the bathtubs. We also had to take all the trash down the hall to the trash chute, no big deal. We were out of the condo by 9am and didn’t have to be back to the airport until 11:00am. I don’t remember whose great idea it was – I’ll say mine, hee hee – but one of us said, “Let’s go walk around the boardwalk for a while.” Yay, great idea! So we drove over to the Boardwalk Resort and parked. It was very quiet since it was so early on a Sunday. We walked around the lobby for a few minutes, it’s so gorgeous there. Then we went out to the Boardwalk and slowly walked the whole way around, over the bridge to the Yacht and Beach clubs. We walked all around their pool complex, it’s so great over there. Then we continued around past the Dolphin and Swan and back to the boardwalk. It was a perfect, peaceful way to end our time in WDW. We very reluctantly got back into the car and drove back to MCO.

Steph’s flight left first, so we grabbed her a piece of pizza and she scarfed it down and we had a great big hug and off she went. We knew we were going to see each other at Thanksgiving so we weren’t too sad. I sat and read the paper and got myself a piece of pizza, too. Then it was time to get on my plane. It was really bumpy, I hate that. But I tried to sleep a little and I must have dozed off a bit. We arrived at Dulles early and I jumped onto the shuttle and got my car and drove the 10 minutes home. My DD was still sleeping and I got to see her as soon as she woke up. I cried! She was so happy to see me, but not nearly as happy as I was to see her. This trip just made me all the more excited to take her to WDW next January. I know she’s going to love it!

Anyway, that concludes this trip report. I have loved writing it, and I hope you enjoyed reading it. Stay tuned for my DCL trip report at the end of January!

Read my pre-trip report!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Ya'll packed a lot into two days. This sounds like a great trip and the pics were amazing. What a great trip for you and your sis. Awesome stuff, thanks so much for sharing.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thank you soooo much for writing this, I can't believe I've never checked out this thread until today. I read it all in one swoop. It was so well written, I laughed and even cried reading it! I am another sappy soul and Illuminations is my favorite of all and I have a hard time not bawling like a baby. The holiday version of that show blows me away, I swear I feel like I am going to fall on my bum, I was lucky enough to see it two years in a row, here's hoping for a third. Anyway, so many times I was saying to myself "me too! Me too" about your favorites, I love, make that LOVE the music from Impressions de France, it gives me the chills it's so beautiful. I listen to it all the time and now I am wondering about that CD you mentioned, which one is it? Your sister married a Montrealer, I am a Montrealer! I am dying to know which song she sang in France. I love how you described the Epcot movies, so similar but so different at the same time! The new singer for the O Canada movie, Eva Avila gets two thumbs up from me, the old version made me cringe, and I am not kidding. School bread in Norway, soooo good! It tastes so much better than it looks and I could so go for one right now. I had more comments I am sure, I would have to go back and read it again. I will have to anyway, I could only see half your photos since I am on dial up at home. Thanks again for sharing, it was really great to read and I am still all emotional from it! I want to be your new best friend! ha ha! Oh, now I have to go for a rope drop in Epcot, I got all teary eyed just imagining what that must be like. Great, here I go again! lol

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    It looks like you had tons of fun!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Thank you soooo much for writing this, I can't believe I've never checked out this thread until today. I read it all in one swoop. It was so well written, I laughed and even cried reading it! I am another sappy soul and Illuminations is my favorite of all and I have a hard time not bawling like a baby. The holiday version of that show blows me away, I swear I feel like I am going to fall on my bum, I was lucky enough to see it two years in a row, here's hoping for a third. Anyway, so many times I was saying to myself "me too! Me too" about your favorites, I love, make that LOVE the music from Impressions de France, it gives me the chills it's so beautiful. I listen to it all the time and now I am wondering about that CD you mentioned, which one is it? Your sister married a Montrealer, I am a Montrealer! I am dying to know which song she sang in France. I love how you described the Epcot movies, so similar but so different at the same time! The new singer for the O Canada movie, Eva Avila gets two thumbs up from me, the old version made me cringe, and I am not kidding. School bread in Norway, soooo good! It tastes so much better than it looks and I could so go for one right now. I had more comments I am sure, I would have to go back and read it again. I will have to anyway, I could only see half your photos since I am on dial up at home. Thanks again for sharing, it was really great to read and I am still all emotional from it! I want to be your new best friend! ha ha! Oh, now I have to go for a rope drop in Epcot, I got all teary eyed just imagining what that must be like. Great, here I go again! lol
    Awww, I love everything you wrote! I had so much fun writing this trip report, and it means so much to me that you enjoyed it so much! I have felt very similarly when reading other trip reports, you can really live vicariously through other's experiences! I'll have to ask my sister what song she sang, I'll get back to you! The CD I mentioned is called, "Where Magic Lives: The Official Album of Walt Disney World." It's got music from all 4 parks, it's wonderful. You can find it on Amazon.com.

Thanks again so much for reading and enjoying my trip report! You'll have to read my next one when we get back from our Disney Cruise at the end of this month!

Quote Originally Posted by nicki12 View Post
    It looks like you had tons of fun!
    We had an amazing time, I want to go back right now! Thanks a million for reading.

Read my pre-trip report!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    Your welcome!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post
    Thanks again so much for reading and enjoying my trip report! You'll have to read my next one when we get back from our Disney Cruise at the end of this month!
    I will, most definitely. Have fun on the cruise! Is it your first one?

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Sounds like you had fun!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    I will, most definitely. Have fun on the cruise! Is it your first one?
    Actually we went on the same cruise, same itinerary two years ago, the same week. My DD was too young to remember much of anything, she was only 9 months, so I'm sure we'll have a much better time this year. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Sounds like you had fun!
    We did, thanks, and I'm really enjoying your TR so far, too!

Read my pre-trip report!

heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. Some of the best vacations are the mommy get aways! Although, I really do have a great time taking my kids to WDW. It is fun to watch the expressions on their faces. I just have one quick question and I hope you all do not think that I live in some sort of bubble since I do not know the answer, but what is the Stacey channel?????

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast