Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Two Sisters, No Kids or Husbands, and Lots of Stacey! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, everyone! Thanks in advance for reading my trip report. Iím in serious Disney withdrawal right now, it hurts! So writing this is definitely helping me to relive every moment. ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Two Sisters, No Kids or Husbands, and Lots of Stacey!

Hi, everyone! Thanks in advance for reading my trip report. Iím in serious Disney withdrawal right now, it hurts! So writing this is definitely helping me to relive every moment. Iím not too thrilled with how my pictures turned out, but Iíll post as many of them as I can.

If you read my pre-trip report in this section, then you can feel free to skip the next few paragraphs. It's a little condensed, think of it like the Cliff's Notes of my pre-trippie.

In late July, I was talking with my best friend from college who lives in Ft. Myers, Florida. We went to college at The University of Florida in Gainesville, and weíre both Disney freaks, so we went to WDW all the time back in those days. We hadnít seen each other in way too long and so we decided that we would have a long weekend together in Orlando from Thursday, October 25th to Sunday, October 28th. I had 3 days left on a non-expiring Park Hopper Pass that was just burning a hole in my desk drawer, and we had an inexpensive place to stay since a co-worker of mine had been offering me her timeshare for ages. My friend would drive up to MCO and pick me up and so we wouldnít have to rent a car or pay for transportation. It was going to be a budget trip for sure!

Anyway, the plans were being made, airfare purchased for me, my co-worker had secured the timeshare, and my friend called with good/bad news. She had to cancel because she got an amazing opportunity with her work that she just couldnít pass up. I was so happy for her, but sad for me. I had thought about going on my own, Iíve always been intrigued but hesitant about going to WDW on my own. But then I was talking to my sister one night and she said that she wanted to come. Honestly, I never thought she would be able to swing it all, but she did. So we were set! It was our first time ever having a vacation together, just the two of us without husbands and kids.

OK, so here we are in the present now. A few introductions are in order:

Hi, Iím Allie. Iím 30-ish and live in the suburbs of Washington, DC. Iím married to a wonderful guy who opted to honeymoon in WDW but doesnít get quite as freaky about it as I do. Iím also the mom to a wonderful 2.5 year old named Madeline. She loves Disney, too and has already been on a Disney Cruise when she was 9 months old but was too young to remember it. Sheíll be going to WDW for the first time 1 year from January, I canít wait to take her. I get down to WDW about once every 2 years or so, but lately itís been more.

My partner in crime on this trip is my big sister, Stephanie. She lives in the Ďburbs of St. Louis and is a wife and mom of a 7 year old boy and an 11 year old girl. Theyíve all been to WDW and Orlando in general a ton of times, and sheís not quite the lover-of-all-that-is-Disney like I am, but sheís a great sport and is really up for anything.

Hereís a picture of us, this is at the Sail Away Party on the Disney Magic, January, 2006.

Iím on the left, Stephís on the right.

Stephanie and I both work part-time so it was great to be able to have Thursday-Sunday for our vacation without having to take time off of work. I did a ton of planning, ran everything by my sister, and then waited and counted down the days until it was time!

Next installment: Weíre staying WHERE? And paying HOW MUCH?
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Great report so far.......Can't wait to hear more!

I have two degrees from UF (B.S and M.S in animal science)...so from one Gator to another.....
    "We are the boys from old Florida
    F-L - O - R - I - D - A
    Where the girls are the fairest,
    the boys are the squarest
    of any old state down our way. (Hey!)
    We are all strong for old Florida,
    down where the old Gators play. (Go Gators!)
    In all kinds of weather,
    we'll all stick together, for
    F - L - O - R - I - D - A "
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Great trip report so far. Can't wait to read more!!!!!!!
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    GO GATORS!!!

c/o 2001 (BS) and 2003 (MESS)
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Just seeing two sisters enjoying each other's company is fun. Can't wait for the next saga.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

OK, this will be the last entry before I get to the actual trip.

When I decided to go on this trip with my friend (and then my sister), I asked my co-worker if I could use her timeshare. She’s been offering it to me for years and I’ve never taken her up on it before. She was more than happy to let us use it and said the choices were Star Island and one other location in Orlando, closer to Universal. But then I went on the Wyndham/Fairfield website and couldn’t believe my eyes, they also own Bonnet Creek, right on (well, adjacent to, technically) Disney property!! It was too good to be true. And the best part of this whole dealio was that we paid – in total for 3 nights – less than we would have paid for a room at one of the Value Resorts!! Yippee!!

So, the day before Trip Day, I worked until 4pm, got home, relieved the babysitter (my mom) and spent the afternoon and evening with my daughter and husband. Actually, my mom was planning on spending the night so she would be there in the morning for DD and then she would bring DD back to her house for the next few days until my DH picked her up on Saturday.

I was a little sad and feeling kind of guilty about going away without them, but I’m a firm believer that in order to be a better mommy and wife, it’s important to do things for myself from time to time. So, I packed just a few things since I really wanted to travel lightly. Of course I can’t go anywhere without my hair straightener, hair must be straightened at all times, which will turn into the biggest joke shortly as you read on.

All packed up, lots of QT spent with DD and DH, and I was off to bed! Hooray, tomorrow I’m going to Disney World!!!

Read my pre-trip report!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Have alot of fun with your sister and enjoy WDW!!!

It's nice to see another mom comment on how important it is to do stuff just for yourself sometimes! Can't wait to hear more!

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Itís here, itís here, time to go to Disney World!

My mom had slept over the night before so I could head straight to the airport from my house. DH leaves for work at 6:30am, so I got up right after he left and hit the shower and got myself ready. I was out the door by 7:30am and reached the economy parking lot at Dulles airport by 7:50am. I was in line at security at 8:15am and sitting at my gate by 8:30am. It was all just too easy, My JetBlue flight took off right on time, and aside from the annoying bumps going up and coming down, it was an uneventful flight. What I love about JetBlue is that everyone seat has a TV screen directly in front of it with your own controls, plus XM Radio, niiiiiiice. There wasnít much on TV that I wanted to watch, so I finished listening to a Disney World podcast on my iPod and then watched The Weakest Link on BBC channel, always amusing.

We touched down in Orlando and taxied to the gate, and when I got off the first person I saw was my sister! Yay! I hadnít seen her in ages so it was very exciting. We got on the airport train, most definitely the first attraction you get to ride in Orlando, and picked up my suitcase in no time and we were on our way to the car rental. Alamo had NO line and we went straight over to their parking lot, chose ourselves a lovely white Saturn Ion, and we were on our way.

Once we were out of the airport and on our way, our first order of business was lunch. My sister has been down to Orlando 3 times this year for all sorts of different reasons, so she knows her way around pretty well. So after hemming and hawing and about 10 million ďI donít care, where do you want to go?Ē comments, we decided on Chiliís on 192. It was 2pm and just about empty so we got in and seated right away. My sister got some Caribbean chicken salad and I got my usual, chicken tacos. We just never stopped talking, we had so much to catch up on and were so excited to be there! Food came, it was delish as always. And then we decided since we were on vacation, we needed to have dessert. So we got a blond-brownie sundae. When I tell you that there wasnít a speck of ANYTHING left on that plate, you understand what we did to that sundae. We inhaled it!

After Chiliís, we headed over to Bonnet Creek. Of course I got all misty driving under the main gate/archway of WDW, I canít help it! Gets me every time. We drove straight over to Bonnet Creek and couldnít believe how beautiful it is. The pictures online donít do it justice, itís so pretty! We parked and walked over to the main building and were checked right in by a really nice woman. She gave us a choice between a 2nd floor unit in the main building or a 4th floor unit in a brand new out-building. We chose the 4th floor. The building had just been completed about 2 months before, we were very excited about that. A bellman came right over and took our bags and we got to ride a big red tram over to our building, our second attraction of the vacation, the Bonnet Creek Tram Ride!

I was absolutely blown away by how big and beautiful our condo was. Here, Iíll show you!

I took the master bedroom, and Steph took the 2nd bedroom. She seemed fine with this arrangement, and I was ecstatic!

Next installment: Whatís the first thing I did when I got into our condo?

Read my pre-trip report!

That condo is nicer than my house!

Looks like a great place. I've never seen a bathtub in the bedroom area before. I love the colors in the master bedroom. Dessert with the first meal; a great start to a vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    That condo is nicer than my house!
    I know, mine too! It was incredible. I would love to be able to stay there for a week sometime. It was so nice to come back to after our long days.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Looks like a great place. I've never seen a bathtub in the bedroom area before. I love the colors in the master bedroom. Dessert with the first meal; a great start to a vacation.
    Seriously, I don't think I have EVER had such a good dessert. It was amazing. We were like a pack of wild dogs, we just devoured it. It was very embarrassing when the server came back like 3 minutes later and it was all gone!

Read my pre-trip report!

Part III Ė Allie gets Fairy Dusted

So, we ran around our condo and couldnít believe our good fortune. It was just so incredible. Each room had a flat screen TV and when I turned it on, guess who was there to greet me? STACEY! Yes, everyone, the Stacey Channel was on, even at a non-Disney resort! I guess since Bonnet Creek is considered a Disney Good Neighbor, they run the Stacey Channel 24/7. I was so happy. The last time we stayed at a Disney resort, it was the Krista Channel, I like Stacey much better.

We unpacked and sort of tooled around and couldnít decide what to do next. We were both so full from lunch, it wasnít even close to time for eating. So we decided to hop over to Downtown Disney to walk around and also to buy my sister her park tickets for the next 2 days.

So we jumped to it, freshened up, and got into our rental car. Downtown Disney is right down the street from Bonnet Creek so we were there in no time. It was around 4pm and it was really empty there. We parked over by Cirque du Soleil. I saw it on our honeymoon in 2003 and adored it. But there was no time or money for it on this trip, oh well. We walked straight down to the Customer Service desk by the water taxi, across from Virgin Records. My sis bought a 2 day, non-hopper ticket from an incredibly friendly CM, and I had her run my ticket through to check how many days I had left on it. I had three days left, yippee. Looking back, I wonder if I should have kept them for the future since they had park-hopping options and they never expire and bought the same tickets as my sister. Oh well, too late now.

That business completed, we walked down to The World of Disney and checked out everything. With Halloween right around the corner, there were costumes everywhere. My daughter is so obsessed with princesses and anything pink, it took a look of restraint not to buy everything there! My sister had never seen the Bibbity Boppity Boutique before and I really wanted her to see it. So we walked back there and it was a MOB SCENE! We realized it was b/c that night there was MNSSHP, so all of the princesses were getting decked out. It was adorable as always.

I was standing a little out of the way, over by the reservation desk, and the Fairy Godmother, who looked like the head honcho Godmother, smiled at me and asked me if I wanted some fairy dust. Not knowing what I was getting myself into, I said sure. She put a clear face shield up over my face and dumped about 5 TONS of glitter on me! OMG, it was everywhere! In my hair, all over my shirt, my purse, my pants. ARG! It was all in good fun, and I loved it, but címon! And wearing a black shirt didnít help.

After that we walked around and got a little silly.

Here we are being newlyweds, I have no idea why this cracked us up as much as it did.

Taking the obligatory Lego picture.

I bought myself a Mickey Mouse shirt that I had planned on getting as my one souvenir for this trip and of course got glitter all over it. We left WOD and walked all around DTD and then got back into the car and back to the condo. I was feeling the drain of the day of travel and really needed to lay down for a few minutes. I laid down and watched the Stacey Channel for a few minutes and took a 20 minute power nap and woke up feeling all refreshed.

Switching Stacey back on Ė I know, I was obsessed this trip! - I got myself into the one nice outfit I had brought and so did my sister. We headed out to Bahama Breeze and it was packed. So we grabbed 2 seats up at the bar and ate dinner there. Besides being freezing from the a/c blowing full-force, we had a great time. We got drinks and even got hit on by a few guys, a few-and-far-between phenomenon these days. Steph ordered the paella and I got grilled grouper, yummmmmm. I have to get grouper every time I come to Florida, itís just a thing of mine.

After dinner we headed to the Publix behind the outlet mall and picked up some cereal, milk, bananas, and Luna Bars to snack on at the parks. We were both exhausted and headed home from there. We set our alarms for 7am and I watched the Stacey Channel for a few minutes and fell fast asleep.

Next installment: Weíre off to the Magic Kingdom!

Read my pre-trip report!

Just like when you're making Christmas decorations - ya gotta have glitter! Just think, one day months from now you'll be pulling out your suitcase, and lo and behold, a bit of fairy dust will show up inside and you'll get that "warm fuzzy" feeling all over again. The memento that keeps coming back. :

Day 2, Part 1 - Magic Kingdom!

Day 2 – Magic Kingdom

My alarm went off at 7am as I wanted to be in the car by 8am. The MK opened at 9am and I really wanted to be there for Rope Drop. I had never been to any park before Rope Drop before and I wanted to make sure we had every possible minute in the MK since that night was MNSSHP and we had to be out by 7pm. Plus, I wanted to head straight over to the Haunted Mansion to check out the new updates, and I heard it gets pretty crowded. It was Friday, and there was a MNSSHP that night, so I knew it would be a crowded day.

I jumped out of bed, switched on Stacey (of course) and straightened my hair. I have this unnatural addiction to my hair straightener, I just hate when my hair curls and frizzes, but I knew it would be futile in this humid, humid weather. But I figured I would at least try to start the day off right. Sheesh.

My sister overslept, of course, but she knew how important it was to me to get there early, so she got ready really fast, we both ate some cereal and packed up her backpack and got out of the condo by 8am, yay! We jumped into the rental car and literally followed the shuttle over to the MK. We could have taken it and saved ourselves the $11 parking fee, but we had a few other things we wanted to do that night and we didn’t want to be bound to the shuttle schedule.

We arrived at the TTC parking lot at 8:15am and parked so close that we didn’t even get to take the tram! We got right onto a monorail and headed right over to the MK. Can you tell we’re excited?

We got to the MK and through security and ticketing with no lines at all, yippee! My sister was all excited and chatty but I made her shush so I could take in the moment of walking into the park. I was so excited I got all teary! Main Street was all dressed up for Halloween, it was beautiful.

And a pic of Walt’s window, I have to take it every time!

Down Main Street we walked, I was a little surprised that they let us into the park, but I then I remembered that there would be ropes into each area off of the castle hub. So we walked over to where the closest path would be to the HM. A cast member was there in the HM uniform, so I asked her what time she’d be letting us in. In true HM CM surly fashion, she said 9am and not a moment sooner. She was actually really nice but she stayed in character very well! But then she pointed out that it was EMH For Little Ones in Fantasyland. Me being the clueless person I am, I asked if it was just for certain families with little ones or if you needed to be staying on property. She said anyone could go. We were so excited, it was only 8:25am and we could start our day! So we thanked her and high-tailed it over to Fantasyland. The crowd was so light, we couldn’t believe our good luck.

Knowing how long the queues get at some of the rides in Fantasyland, I wanted to get a FP for Peter Pan’s Flight, but on the way we saw that Snow White had no line so my sister dragged me that way. We walked right on, I love that ride! I used to get scared, and it still is a little creepy. But we loved it. We jumped off of that and headed straight over to Peter Pan. As we were walking over, we saw that Peter Pan and Wendy were out and playing with a game of Hide and Seek. It was the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen. I wish I had gotten a picture of it. Wendy was hiding behind a pillar at Small World, and Peter and about 20 kids were all marching around looking for her. Then they switched and Peter hid in a little nook in Peter Pan’s Flight and Wendy and the kids had to find him. Ugh, we were just falling all over ourselves from all the cuteness! We waited maybe 10 minutes to get on Peter Pan, but it was worth it so we could watch the game of Hide and Seek going on. This is one of my all-time favorite rides, I just loved it.

After PP, I wanted to get over to the rope drop between Fantasyland and Liberty Square. There was a little crowd forming so we joined them. Everyone was in a really good mood, there was no jostling or pushing. We took a moment to call home and check in, everything was fine with both of our husbands and kids, phew!

In just a few minutes the rope came down with no fanfare, and we walked along with the crowd over to the Haunted Mansion. They had let another rope down before ours, so quite a few people had gotten over there before us, no biggie. We were in the third group to get in, which was fine by me b/c we took the time to take in the outside scenery and breathe for a second. Everything looked clean and shiny, well, as shiny as they wanted to make it look for a gloomy haunted mansion!

We got on and the ride was awesome! I haven’t been on it so much that I could really appreciate every difference, but some of it was really apparent.

After HM we got a little random, we sort of wandered around without a whole lot of rhyme or reason. Steph mentioned that she really wanted to go on BTMRR and I hadn’t been on it the last time I was there because it was closed. So we hopped into the standby line, which was posted at 15 minutes, not bad at all. We munched on a Luna Bar while we were waiting, and I forgot how bad that line is. You know when you come around that one wall and you think you’re going to come out on the other side? And then there’s that HUGE room that is all winding queue back and forth, totally tricks you. Fortunately not all of the turnstiles were open, so we got on in just about 15 minutes. I love that ride, it’s so much longer than you think it’s going to be. Every time I thought it was over we’d speed back up and go some more!
    Last edited by AllieBee; 11-04-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Read my pre-trip report!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast