Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Big Dan's Trip Report! I received two dreams! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello All.... I never knew seven days could go so fast...However I am back from my much needed vacation and have to say it was amazing. Finally after three trips ...
    BigDan275 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Big Dan's Trip Report! I received two dreams!

Hello All....

I never knew seven days could go so fast...However I am back from my much needed vacation and have to say it was amazing. Finally after three trips to Disneyworld, I finally have an understanding of the park layouts and the general layout of the resort! We arrived on a Thursday after missing our flight from Atlanta to Orlando due to rain delays L but we did arrive on that Thursday and we managed to make it to the Magic Kingdom which was really fun! We rode about 4 rides in two hours and then headed back to the resort for drinks and some dinner. We stayed at the Coronado Springs resort which was absolutely beautiful and very fun. Luckily we stayed close to the main building, 9 B and we had a great time enjoying all the things on the resort. The only problem was that the food was not that great at the pepper market or at the little mini market they had with the sandwiches. The food was just not that great, the customer service was fantastic and everyone was just awesome, we decided to stay here all 7 days rather than switch to the Caribbean beach.

Friday, we went to MGM, which actually turned out to be very fun, we rode Rock N Roller Coaster, and the tower of terror 2 times, we saw the muppet show which is really fun and did the great movie ride. Rock N roller coaster was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun! What a great ride, the other thing that was great was the Tower….totally different and MUCH better than the California Adventure one. Great movie ride was okay, but it could be better, I’ve heard the alien rumors on this board and it better not be taken out as it is one of the better parts. All in all MGM was a lot better than I expected, Rock n roller coaster, Tower of Terror, Muppets, Great Movie Ride…totally cool. We also went to epcot and Rode Maelstrom!!! Soarin, Nemo….all some great classics!

Saturday, we finally caught a break in the rain and knew that if we didn’t go that day….we wouldn’t go at all…..so we were there at 10:00 had no wait on any rides and we rode them all! From here we ate lunch, went around the lazy river and I maintained my undefeated streak on the toboggan racers! I also clocked in at 65 on Summitt! YiKES!! We stayed here for about 3 hours and then headed over to the magic KingDom which was PACKED most likely since it was Saturday. Then we hung out here most of the time and went to Downtown Disney at night, it was a pretty good time down at motion which is my favorite, we also stopped by mannequins.

Sunday we went to Epcot which was really fun, we ate some food rode some rides and went to the world showcase. At night we went to the MNSSHP and wore our costumes, it was soooo much fun! We got some candy and rode all the rides in our costumes, it was a total blast!

Monday we spent 16 straight hours in Animal Kingdom 9-2, Epcot 2 til 9 and Magic Kingdome 9 til 12:30 and made it back at about 1:00, it was such a fun day, we rode on The Safari, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, bugs life, and Kahli river rapids.When we were walking through the jungle, the guide stopped us and told us we had been awarded a dream! He then gave us a year of a million dream lanyard and two pins! From here we went to epcot and went through every pavilion they had! That was a total blast, we drank beer and wine and just had a great time, we then took a drunken trip on Maelstrom!!!! YES!!! From here we went to the Kingdom and rode Splash Space Thunder and a couple others.

Tuesday- We spent the rest of the day in epcot doing things we missed and then we went to Downtown Disney had dinner at the rainforest café which was so fun and then we went over and did Disneyquest which was totally fun! The pirates ride is the absolute most fun!

Wednesday the last day- we went to Chef Mickey’s for my wife’s birthday and had blast eating with the characters, Mickey was running around and refused to take a second picture with us, I kindly asked the waitress to send him back so I could snag one with my wife before we left and they obliged. From here we went right to the magic Kingdom and rode Space Mountain…right after we got off…a nice man approaches and told us we had been awarded a dream! It was the dream fastpass! We thought it was soooooooooo cool and we were pumped to have received it, needless to say the lines were so short that day we didn’t even have to use it. So we have a great souvenir!

It rained most of the time we were there only sunshine was on Wednesday aka Halloween, by the way the parade for Halloween was amazing! We had a great time and loved the Coronado Springs Resort!! I look forward to the next trip…whenever that may be!!

Big Dan
    Disneyland Trips :14
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    91 (Fairfield in by Marriot)
    95 (Disneyland Hotel Suite overlooking Splash Mountain)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (new years) (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    01 (Anaheim Hyatt, Suite)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    04 (Anaheim Hilton/ Huntington Beach Hyatt)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    04 (Hyatt Grand Cypress) <nice hotel!>
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!
    Fall 07 Oct 24th-31st Coronado Springs......amazing! I miss it!!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    sounds fun..glad you guys had a blast
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    lucky you, winning 2 dreams in one trip. I had no idea there were differences between the 2 TOT's, is the ride itself different or do you mean the building and the whole pre ride thing? Glad you had a great time......but you must be exhausted, you guys did alot.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

The TOT in Disneyland is less themed from the outside and the inside is okay...but the ride itself it just takes you to the top and drops you, at WDW you go all the way up and then it moves you foward then you drop, which is way cool! Plus at WDW you can see blizzard beach from the top of the tower! We were sooooo exhausted we probably slept about 6 hours or less a night....but it was so worth it!!
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld
    Spring 07 (Off property, Lake Suites a.k.a. Roadkill Motel) Absolutely wonderful trip!!

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That's great!!! we got the lanyard when we got off of Thunder Mountain last Monday.!!!!!
    Last edited by rae!; 11-02-2007 at 04:46 PM.
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Let me start by saying I could tell how excited you were by the way you wrote it. I don't think I took a breath while I was reading it!
    It sounds like such great fun. Where are the pics to go along with it? You must post us some of those!
    I know what you mean about MNSSHP. Totally made our trip!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

rae! is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have pictures over at my blog go check them out!!!!
    Goofy Race Half Challenge 2011
    Rae Club 8
    Creator of Team Voice
    teamvoice@rocketmail.com
    www.raeplace.blogspot.com
    www.virturalvoiceevents.blogspot.com

ill post pics of the lanyard and dream fastpass and more too! im still excited!!
    89 (Disneyland Hotel)
    96 (Hyatt Anaheim)
    98 (Anaheim Marriot)
    99 (Anaheim Marriot)
    00 (Anaheim Marriot)
    02 (Anaheim Hilton)
    03 (Anaheim Hilton)
    05 (Anaheim Hilton)
    06 (Anaheim Hilton)

Disneyworld

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    AWESOME! i never seen the dream team.. but i did see alot of people walking around at AK the day i was there with fast passes
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    So are you gonna post pics of your great and awesome WDW trip????? You missed the Indiana Jones Show.....Just giving you stuff, cause that's where I worked for about 8 years,... Hopefully you'll get back to see it.

Looking for pics!!!!!!

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by rae! View Post
    I have pictures over at my blog go check them out!!!!
    On your homepage you have mistyped your link....there is a "d" instead of a "g". But nice blog. I saw some of it....

o8catrina8o is offline D-Ticket Holder
    hey big dan sounds like u had a blast i hope i get as lucky as u and get to win something any whoo great reprot
    1993 - Dolphin
    1995- Aunt House
    1997- Off Site
    1999- Off Site
    2000- Coronodo Springs
    2002- Port Orleans and All Star
    2003- Off Site
    2004- Off Site - Christmas Time
    2005- Pop Century -Christmas Time
    2005 -Carribean Beach - DIsney Wonder
    2005- Disneyland- Spring Break
    2006- Pop Century - Halloween
    2006- Polynesian - My High Graduation
    2007 - Pop Century
    2007- All Star Sport- Christmas TIme
    2008 - Port Orleans
    2009 - Disney Land

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That's terrific. What a great time.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.