Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disneydarlings Super Sparkly New Years Pre-Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; ohhhh I'm so jealous! You'll have a blast planning!...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    ohhhh I'm so jealous! You'll have a blast planning!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Isn't there some luxury WDW planing book? I'd maybe see if you can find a copy of that. I'm sure there are great ideas in there!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

ok still jealous =)

I found this as well..The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World Resort - Home Page
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Wow! I am so jealous. I would definitely do everything GalPal said. Do the Polynesian for sure. Or Wilderness Lodge if you can't get into the GF. A meal at Chef Mickey's, and dinner at 1900 Park Fare.
    I have no original ideas of my own for you right at this moment- hopefully I can think of some!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Word of warning!!!!!! New Year's Eve is the SINGLE MOST CROWDED DAY OF THE YEAR, it will feel like all 75 million people that attended the 4 parks all year are all there with you at the same time. Just a heads up from a former CM.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Yeah - I know it will be packed - which is kind of a bummer but whatha gonna do?

SO far the plan is

DEC 31st - check into Fort Wilderness around lunch time/ afternoon at Epcot/ Dinner with Illuminations package
    JAN 1 - Character Breakfast in MK (with princesses if possible)/ light lunch/ spend day at MK/ Kids to sitters at night/ adult dinner at Narcooses or Boma
    JAN 2 - AK in the morning (Breakfast with Donald, lunch at Yak and Yeti) MGM in the afternoon/ Fantasmic dinner
    JAN 3 - Check out of hotel, spend half day at MK, early dinner at Polynesian with kids, head out...

I wish I had a week to fit in everything we want to do!
    Last edited by disneydarling; 11-18-2007 at 12:30 PM.
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    So you will be staying at FW? Any particular reason?

Those dinner packages sound great, and for New Year's Eve, just being at MK would be good enough for me, I don't think I'd bother with rides unless I saw some with reasonable waits, I would just spend the day walking around and browsing the stores (those might be packed too but oh well).

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    If you do an adult dinner at AK you should think abou Jiko instead of Boma. Much quieter atmosphere and the food is fantastic.

I'm really doubtful that ou will be able to score a breakfast in the MK this late in the game. You might want to consider a backup plan. I'm assuming you're staying in the FW cabins because that is all you could get? If so, maybe you could eat breakfast at Trails End Buffet. The food is good and, because of the location, it's almost never booked solid. Sadly though, no characters.

For the Fantasmic Dinner Package, consider the Brown Derby. H&V has not gotten good reviews for their buffet and MM is usually PACKED.

We're staying in the lodge not the cabins..unc doesn't do nature. His seretary is suppose to be arranging the meals so we'll see - I am keeping my fingers crossed

I've been able to get character meals same day in MK...but it was much less crowded of course

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    WOW!!! if i glue some fur on can i pass for you pet and come with!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    You are so lucky. Just make sure you eat Cinderella's Royal Table.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    Aahhh. You'll love Wilderness Lodge - very different from Fort Wilderness (campground and cabins). It's even more beautiful during the Christmas Holidays.

Since you're staying at Wilderness Lodge, you should consider eating your Adults Only meal at Artist Point - the meal is to die for and Izzy is the best server in all of WDW! Be sure to check out the main pool - it has a geyser that goes off every hour.

Ok - I am back from a very relaxing Thanksgiving in the woods and ready to start some hardcore planning.

When I got back in town I learned that plans had changed slightly: For one thing the cast has grown. We are now being joined by my little sister (the one who is getting married that saturday), her fiance, and her future brother in laws (ages 29 and 22). Since that tipped the needed rooms from 2 (one for unc family and one for me, riley, and possibly dad) to 4-5 (one for unc, one for me, one for Sis and loverboy, one for brothers, one for dad and wife) we had to change hotels...there were not enough rooms left at WL for the whole gang. SO Unc was able to get us 5 adjoining rooms at The Boardwalk Inn. I have never stayed there, in fact I've never even been there so I would love to hear some reviews!!

The days have also changed a little to better accomodate everyones schedule:
    We will be arriving the 31st in the afternoon, probablly hanging out on the boardwalk to avoid park crowds and then having dinner at the polynesian - we got the latest seating and have hopefully timed it right to see the fireworks from the beach.

Monday will be AK/MGM/Epcot.....which is alot but, then again, I have been known to do all 4 in one day. I am superwoman. Or something.

So - We have breakfast at Anekhurs (sp) with the princesses and will prolly hit Soarin, Nemo, and Living with the Land (my personal favorite) - Then it's off to AK for Festival of Lion King, Bugs Life, Triceratops Spin, E.E and lunch at the Yak and Yeti. After lunch we will prolly do the petting zoo before heading over to MGM for...you guessed it....Playhouse Disney Live, and The Voyage of the Little Mermaid (thats what you get when half of your party are under age 5). We have a fantasmic package at the Brown Derby (yummy) so will likely be there late.

January 2 we will sleep in (?) and/or hang around the resort until noon - the idea being that the kids will be exhausted from two days of staying up late and we need to try and minimize burnout. After naps etc we will head to the MK, have lunch at Caseys (not exaclt fancy fancy but one of my faves) followed by Dole Whips for desert. We have ressies in the castle for dinner and will spend the rest of the day being silly all over the MK..hopefully right up until Wishes time, but that depends on how good of a job we did preventing burnout.

The next morning we will check out of our hotel and head back to the MK for breakfast at the CP with Pooh and gang. We have left the rest of the day open so that we can do whatever we missed out on or do something the kids loved again (ex: Playhouse Disney Live..ugh). Un would like to try for Typhoon or Blizzard that afternoon if it is warm and they are open ( ithink they will be - we'll see)

That evening we head out

1 month, 4 days to go
    Can't wait

I am taking appliations for stowaways

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    That just sounds fabulous!
    We were supposed to stay at the Boardwalk in Feb but switched to the Beach Club because they had a better deal.
    Congrats on getting into the Castle for dinner- that is great! I just can't wait to see the pictures. Don't forget we need pics of food too.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast