Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disneydarlings Super Sparkly New Years Pre-Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Sounds great Meg, you guys are gonna have a blast! I have a food setting on my camera, no joke, found it last night, so I have to remember to ...
    Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sounds great Meg, you guys are gonna have a blast!

I have a food setting on my camera, no joke, found it last night, so I have to remember to take pics of my meals!

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'll offer to take the nannys place as long as i can help out with the kids throughout all the parks!!! heck i will even sleep on the floor in your hotel and clean up after you!!!!!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Not sure if you'll be logging on before your trip but in case you do, any updates?

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Back from the trip and way too tired to write anything witty or entertaining right now but I will say that it was 1000 times better than I imagined...and very very cold!!!! Will write more soon
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I can't wait to hear about it Miss Meg! I'm sure it was fabulous and I hope you took a ton of pics for us!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Ok...maybe I can write a little now - pics will have to be edited in as I am not entirely sure where my camera is...and I am certainly too tired to check : )

As a reminder:

Cast:
    Me (Meg aka Disney Darling)
    Unlce
    Cousin # 1 age 6 aka Silly
    Cousing #2 age 4 aka Goose
    Son age 2.5 aka Disneydarling jr

So - I had decided not to go down until New Years day (morning) to avoid to crowds but changed my mind last minute (had a case of the holiday blues and needed some Mickey)..My uncle made some calls and while I was not able to get into my suite (Garden Suite with Concierge service - ooh la la) at the boardwalk on the 31st he was able to get me into All Stars Movies... (I had the option of staying in his two bedroom suite but decided that it would be more condusive to DS getting a good nap if we had our own space so All Stars it was)... I left home early in the morning thinking I would get to the hotel around 11, check in, let him take a nap and then head to the boardwalk to hang out with the kiddos..We had the nicest CM check us in - he gave Riley a balloon and me a Birthday button (even though its two weeks until my Bday). Unfortunantly our room wasnt ready yet ( the CM said that the room was empty just waiting on mousekeeping) - check in time is not officially until 3pm but I have always had luck with getting a room early so DS could nap before the parks - since this was not the case today we killed time by walking around the resort and taking pictures... At about noon I called again to see if our room was ready - still a No, so we headed to the arcade, called again at 1, still no room, had lunch and finally went to the concierge desk at two to see if there was anything I could do to expediate my room being cleaned - DS was getting very very cranky and badly needed a nap.. The lovely CM at the concierge desk told me that they had to delay check in until 5-6pm because the resort was at capactiy and the staff simply couldnt keep up - when she saw my face drop (and heard DS scream) she took pitty on me and was able to switch my room to one that had already been cleaned and even called a bell hop to help me with my bags so that I could wrangle the baby. We stayed in Dalmations 4 on the second floor...the room was a little less than imaculate ( I found some mens undies under the bed) but it was cold and dark and Riley crashed almost immediatly.

After a long nap we hopped back in the car and met Unc and the girls at the Boardwalk - they had been there since the 30th and had spent the morning at MK- so far they had been having a great time and only had one major complaint which was that Magical Express lost their luggage and didn't get it to them untl 8 hrs after they had arrived-

For dinner the girls and Ri went with a sitter and had mac and cheese at Spoodles while Unc and I had a very nice dinner at the Flying Fish Cafe. I had the Pan roasted Australian Lemon Myrtle-scented Tiger Shrimp and uncle had the pork chops - after dinner we met back up with the kids for a little New Years fun - the littles did sparklers on the boardwalk and then we returned to the room where Unc had arranged for a cake to be delivered - we lit 8 candles and the kids sang happy birthday to 2008. After the festivities (about 9 pm) I returned to my hotel and we settled in for the night.

Coming up next: MK, 1900 Parc Faire, Crystal Palace, and Boma
    Last edited by disneydarling; 01-10-2008 at 11:45 PM.

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Hey Meg, great start to your report
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Day Two:

DS and I woke up early, packed up our room and drove to The Boardwalk..our new suite wasn't ready yet so we left our stuff at the front desk and headed over to my Uncles room - the girls weren't awake yet so Ri and I suprised them with good morning hugs and kisses - so cute. We took a hired car over to the GF for 9:20 reservations at 1900 Parc Faire. Despite our ADR there was still a really long wait for a table (like 35minutes) - All three kids were tired from the night before and got very cranky waiting. Inside the food was decent (not a huge fan of buffets) but the atmopsphere was very chaotic and crowded and we only got to see two characters (pooh and Mary Poppins) before we finished eating. It was what it was but I will probablly not make a repeat visit.

From GF we hopped the monorail aka choo-choo in the sky over to MK and then grabbed a seat on the train which took us straight to Fronteirland and....Splash Mountain...yes it was 35 degrees outside and the only ride my little cousins wanted to go on was Splash. Uncle volunteered to stay with Riley while the girls and I rode - we literally walked onto the ride and sat front row in a log by ourselves. The girls LOVED it so we stayed on for two more consecutive rides before I finally called it quits. From there we headed over to BTMR and were suprised by a guest who offered us three current fast passes (yay). We rode back row (the best) and the littles kept their hands up the whole time (I was so proud).

After all the sloshing about it was time for lunch - I was not even a little bit hungry but I joined in for a diet coke at the Crystal Palace. The kids enjoyed Pooh, Tigger, Eyore, and especially Piglet and the adults enjoyed a break from all the running about. After lunch we called the car and headed back to the Boardwalk for a LONG nap.

Our room was BEAUTIFUL - In fact I love the entire hotel - the muted greens and blues are offset by the whimsical Boardwalk theme and gold sculptures - the actual decor of our room was a little too busy and patterened for my personal tastes but it was large and the bed was oh so comfy - so comfy in fact that we slept from 2:30 - 6:15 and almost missed out 7pm ADRs at Boma

Thanks to a quick driver (and even quicker dressing) we made it over to the AKL just in time - Everything was soooo delicious I couldnt even come close to picking a favorite (although the watermelon salad was pretty close) - The kids enoyed the animals and exploring the lodge after dinner so we stuck around until 9 or so before heading back to the hotel for an early night.

Tommorow:
    A very very very cold day at the MK + Chef Mickeys and dinner on the Boardwalk
    Last edited by disneydarling; 01-10-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Hey Meg, the undies bit made me laugh out loud!

Wasn't Boma great? My fave was that olive hummus and flatbread, soooo good.

I like that birthday cake idea to ring in the new year!

Wink

Day Three

Somehow the alarm clock in my room went off at 5 am (who knows?) which meant that I was up and at em way before I had planned - DS woke up at 7 and we took our time getting ready before meeting Unc and the girls in the lobby for 9:50 ressies at Cape May Cafe - The first thing I noticed when we walked outside was how unbelievebly cold and windy it was. We decided to skip waiting on the dock for the boat and walked to The Beach Club in order to warm up. I really enjoyed Cape Mays as the crowds and waits were not too bad and the character interaction was great. My youngest cousin kept asking the characters why they were in bathing suits when it was so cold outside. I also liked that you could color on the tables (great for meals with kids) we will def. go back.

From there we headed over to MK and hit the teacups, indy speedway, and you guessed it Splash Mountain again (still so cold). On the way out we did the Tiki thing and took a spin on the magic carpets before heading back to the Boardwalk for yet another nap (these naps ate up alot of time)

We woke up around 5 and decided to have dinner at the microbrewery on the Boardwalk (can't think of the name). I had a chicken cesear salad and a glass of pale ale - the kids all had hotdogs and carrots. It was now inhumanly cold outside. I had packed warm clothes for DS but had forgotten myself so I stopped in the lobby and bought a 15 dollar swear shirt that the mouse had smacked a WDW on for 60.00 (it was painful to spend this much money on a sweatshirt but i was soooo cold). We headed over to the MK by bus (decided to rough it with the little people ) Once inside we were offered a double stroller from a a family who was heading out - we piled all three kids inside and bought them hats to help with the cold. The 5yo cousin wanted to ride Space mountain (we had fast passes from earlier that night) so we headed that away - Unc took the smaller two over to the Indy speed way were they did two laps (one for each driver). My cousin loved Space Mountain (she claims it was "like, super easy"). After SM she and I did a lap on the speedway while the others went and bought some hot chocolate. I have never been so cold in my entire life - it was insane. We then headed over to Fantasy land and rode Dumbo (no line) while we waited for Wishes which was delayed due to high winds. By the time Wishes finally started the park was virtually empty - I have never seen it so vacated in my entire life - and this was peak season - it was just that cold!

After Wishes we did HM (the kids were scared) and hit Main Street just as Spectromagic was starting. Counting our group there had to be fewer than 80 people watching the parade - which meant more character interaction for the littles (yay). By the time the parade wrapped up we were so cold we had to leave. On the way back to the bus I noticed that it was starting to hurt to walk.....so i didn't - my legs froze up and I fell hard on my knees - it was bad - a CM ran over and started radioing for an EMT but I refused to be further embarrased and insited that I could walk myself (which in retrospect was not such a hot idea) Back at the hotel Unc put riley to bed so i could nurse my knees - they were both swollen to about twice there size, bloody, and turning blue. I took some anti inflammatories and tried to go to bed but was still so chilled I had to get up and take a hot bath in order to thaw myself out!

Day 4
    The next morning my knees were so bad I literally could barely walk - and when I did I jammed my left one against the corner of the dresser (and then yelled words that should never be uttered on Disney property). Uncle took the kids to Ankheurs and enjoyed a morning at Epcot while I sat on the balcony with iced knees. After they got back we grabbed a quick lunch at Spoodles and said goodbye to WDW.

It was a short, cold, knee breaking trip but oh so much fun - I loved being more than just a party of two at WDW and really loved the experience of not being on a budget, I saw a whole other side of WDW and can't wait to do it again budget or not
    Last edited by disneydarling; 01-10-2008 at 11:50 PM.

So sorry about your knees, that sounded painful. So did the 60 dollar sweater but I did the same thing this summer, it was raining and I was freezing!

I suppose I shouldnt complain about the cold to a Canadianne!

You are a Floridian, that cold weather was probably equivalent to -40 is for me here! But really, when I'm not dressed for the weather, I freeze too!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    ouch, your poor knees! glad you all had so much fun---oh how I would love to visit WDW and have no budget! maybe someday....
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I can't see the pictures!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast