Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My Much Delayed Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Cast of characters: Long time friends... Emily & Krista We left our boyfriends at home b/c they seriously laugh at the idea of a Disney trip without kids but we ...
    kriskay is offline B-Ticket Holder

My Much Delayed Trip Report

Cast of characters:
    Long time friends...
    Emily & Krista
    We left our boyfriends at home b/c they seriously laugh at the idea of a Disney trip without kids but we just couldn't wait that long for our next magical vacation..

Friday, November 2nd
    We arrive at the Nashville airport (at 5 am!) and to our gate right at an hour before our flight. So we grab some breakfast and go back to the gate. There I educate Emily on the many things I have learned about Disney on my previous trips and here on the DWT boards. We start talking about what characters we HAVE to see..who we have to buy for...starting pin trading for the first time...where to eat...rides we cannot miss....and before we know it "Last call for passengers "insert my last name here " and "Emily's last name here" aboard Delta flight XXX. OMG! Thank goodness we heard them call it. After all, we had been sitting about 10 ft from our gate and missed all the boarding commotion! So we laughed and quickly boarded our plane..we were off to an interesting start!!
    After our flight landed, we headed to the Disney Welcome Center. There was hardly any wait and within an hour or so we were checking into All Star Movies Resort...our home away from home! Check in went smooth and thankfully we were able to get a room early..around 10am. We were assigned Mighty Ducks building 2. We checked out the room a bit, left our things in there and then headed out to explore the resort! And the gift shop of course. We bought our starter pin sets and then headed back to the room for a nap before MNSSHP!! Of course, we couldn't sleep...but it was worth a try! We headed to Magic Kingdom at about 3:30 dressed in our Alice and Snow White costumes.
    Here we are on our way to MK!

Of course, it was after Halloween...so we got SEVERAL strange looks from guests and cast members alike...I guess they didn't realize the Halloween party was still going on? Nevertheless, we felt pretty in our costumes and were SO EXCITED! I knew hardly anyone would be dressed upin MK...since the party didn't start until 7. But we wanted to get some ride time in before the party. We rode Astro Orbiter, Space Mountain (twice), Snow White's Scary Adventure, Winnie the Pooh and PhilHamagic all in about 2 hours. By that time, we started to see many more people in costumes..which was a relief! Here's one very nice guest dressed as Snow White's evil queen..
    Last edited by kriskay; 11-20-2007 at 01:06 AM.

~~Kriskay~~

Next we went character crazy! Hit up Pooh Eeyore, Tigger and Piglet. Then to Toontown for Mickey, Minnie and the Princesses. Cinderella has always been my fave princess...but AURORA was fantastic!! I had her sign an autograph for a friend's little girl (Abby) who is PRINCESS CRAZY! She thought "Abby might enjoy a little piece of Disney magic" and kissed the autograph...it was so cute!! She then proceeded to tell me (dressed as Alice) that I had an imposter bopping around by the mad tea party...that I MUST check it out. I thought it was pretty funny...and she was right I did need to check her out...so that's where we headed..on our way to the Villains show.

By the way, I KNOW Alice always wears WHITE STOCKINGS...but seriously, who looks good in white?? There was no way...so black it was for me...who cares about authenticity when you look fat doing it?!?!

Alright, bed time. More about the Halloween party 2morrow..
    Last edited by kriskay; 11-20-2007 at 01:22 AM.

~~Kriskay~~

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Can you imagine if you'd missed your plane while sitting in the correct gate area? How terrible that would have been. Thank goodness that wasn't the case. Great pics. Great report. Can't wait to read the next installment.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    You guys look so cute - where on earth did you get your costumes??
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

and hey when the wind blew that night it was CHILLLLLLYYYY!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

I got my Alice costume for $18 at Spencers! Emily got her Snow White at Target for around $25.

~~Kriskay~~

The Villains show was amazing. We really enjoyed it. Afterwards, we got our pictures with Jafar, Cruella, the Governor, Queen of Hearts, Captain Hook and Snow White's queen (does she have a name??)...she was fantastic!! "Come here, now do like this..now, go away. No, seriously". She kept with character very well...as did the Queen of Hearts..I really was scared! However, Cruella was my favorite. She was really funny and mean at the same time. Plus the pic with her was great.
    IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x93/kriskay_photos/DWT6.jpg[/IMG]

~~Kriskay~~

CRAZY really is an understatement. We were running through Magic Kingdom..our eyes wide open, basically popping out of our head. From one ride to a character then back to rides ...no resting, eating, using the restroom! I think we just realized we had only 4 more hours and we were not going to miss a thing! It was so much fun that my cheeks hurt from smiling so much the next day.

TARZAN WAS SO FUNNY..picking bugs out of Emily's hair...he told her she must swing from trees often..her handshake was so strong..

Right at midnight, we slowly shuffled out of the MK...we didn't want to leave. The whole night really was magical and I have never seen the characters out in such full force!! Also, had a lot of fun pin trading at MK...especially the young kids...

On the shuttle ride home, we were VERY sleepy...but too excited to sleep when we got back. So we both grabbed a beer at the Silver Screen Spriits...
    Even Alice and Snow White need a beer after a long day at MK..
    Last edited by kriskay; 11-23-2007 at 01:27 PM.

~~Kriskay~~

who was taking your pics for you?
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Great report. You two really made the most of your time in WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    who was taking your pics for you?

LoL just random bystanders. I was surprised how well they turned out!!

~~Kriskay~~

i was fixing to say.. everyone of them looks great!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Now on to day 2...for Animal Kingdom and Epcot!!

We had reservations at Donald's Breakfastasaurus at 8:20...We left home the day before at 4:30....and didn't get back to our room the night before until 1...I was exhausted!! This is what I looked like in the morning...NOT PRETTY.

I was seriously needing a pick-me up. And our server at Donald's Breakfastasaurus was the answer! He was so friendly and funny and talkative...it really made our breakfast magical! Not to mention all the practical jokes he kept pulling. I was over my tiredness and ready to enjoy myself!! I guess we made his day a little better as well...because he gave us FAST PASSES for the day!! WOOHOO!!!

Next we were off to "Finding Nemo" musical. I absolutely fell IN LOVE with this show!! I was teary eyed during several of the songs...and I didn't want it to end. Gosh, I sound like a dork. But, seriously, I can't wait to see it again!! (Hopefully in January but thats a whole different post LOL)

Next were Kilimanjaro Safari and Expedition Everest. As far as rides go, thats all we did at AK. We really just traded pins and looked at the animals..
    Here's a good pick from the safari...the animals were really active!

As we were leaving Animal Kingdom, we caught Chip and Dale...

They were huge flirts!!!

We were walking to transportation and still weren't exactly sure where we were going...EPCOT OR MGM? It's fun not to have a plan sometimes...
    More on our next adventure later!

~~Kriskay~~

The cm at breakfast really did a good job of perking you up if the picture of your start is a true indication of how you felt! Isn't nice when people take pictures for you? I often offer if someone looks as if they are in need of a photo assist.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    Looks like tons of fun!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney