Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss "Did you miss me?" in the Vacation Planning forums; Here we go: Day 1: Friday, November 2 We got up to do our last minute packing which included our toothbrushes and such. We loaded the car which took a ...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

"Did you miss me?"

Here we go:

Day 1: Friday, November 2

We got up to do our last minute packing which included our toothbrushes and such. We loaded the car which took a while. We ended up with 4 BIG bags and two carry-ons. I had to talk to Melissa on the phone who wanted to know why we hadn't left yet (because the phone kept ringing, maybe?). We said good-bye to Bacon and Tinkerbell and it was time to head to the airport. Gareth drove us in my car, which he kept the keys to while we were gone. The flight to Orlando Sanford was uneventful. I must say I really enjoyed landing in Sanford. It is a small airport and easy to navigate. The fact that we only paid $79 each way to fly there from Fort Wayne (35 miles from home versus the 120 to Indianapolis) had already endeared it to me. Got our luggage, rented our car and on the road in less than 30 minutes.

The thing I DO love about Magical Express (other than not having to claim your luggage) is the fact that you don't have to pay the tolls! I thought I was going to be broke before I ever got to Cape Canaveral. Mr. iwbm was getting hungry so we paid the $2 toll to go 1/4 of a mile down the road to the restaurant (Wendy's). We grabbed a quick bite and got back on the road wanting to get to Cape Canaveral before dark.

We checked into our room at the Radisson Resort at the Port. Do NOT spend good money to stay there! The ONLY thing going for it is the pool which we didn't use. They took us to our room where Mr. iwbm immediately heads for the head (pun intended). He doesn't get far. The toilet seat is up (he's well trained and knows that is a no-no). The trash can is full, and the soap has been used. While he is discovering all this, I notice the trash can outside the restroom is full and there is a gallon sized baggy of medications sitting on the table.

I immediately call the front desk to issue a complaint. They tell us to hang on tight, they are coming immediately to give us a new room. So we hang on. In the meantime I start noticing other things. Like the huge holes in the sofa's upholstery.

I am grousing about how I could have spent a third of the money and gotten a room at the Motel 6 that would equal that one.

A few minutes later the desk clerk shows up with our new room keys. He leads us down the hall and around the corner and opens the door to a two room suite. Wow! There is a kitchen, dining area, living room, bathroom with a huge walk-in shower, and a bedroom with a Jacuzzi tub! Talk about your upgrades! Okay, so this room is worth the $130, but the first one sure as heck wasn't.

We had been looking forward to eating at Grill's for months. Got there, it was wall to wall bikers. Not that I have anything against bikers, but apparently there was a Harley get-together-shindig going on that weekend in Cape Canaveral and I mean WALL-TO-WALL bikers. Standing room only. No thanks. So we start looking for somewhere to eat and end up at a pizza joint right next to our hotel. The pizza was very good and we didn't have to wait long. Besides, there's a Jacuzzi tub we are anxious to try out.

If you put bubbles in a Jacuzzi tub they tend to get out of hand. Don't ask me how I know this, I just do.

The rest of the day you don't need to know about.

I have photos I will post later when I have time. At the moment I need to go bake a couple of pies and stuff a bird.
    Last edited by iwannabeminnie; 11-25-2007 at 05:56 PM.
    They call me "Nana"

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Yippee! You made it back in one piece-
    I'll be the first to say that we maybe sort of kind of missed you. For about a day. Then we quit talking about you and moved on. Sorry!

Yeah, about that bubble thing? Sorry, should have warned you. Like a dishwasher with too much liquid soap.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I love that it says...
    If you put bubbles in a Jacuzzi tub they tend to get out of hand. Don't ask me how I know this, I just do.
    what were YOU doing?
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Actually when i made dinner when we got back...i said out loud "T-Nina did you want to take a picture".

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by devkxl View Post
    Actually when i made dinner when we got back...i said out loud "T-Nina did you want to take a picture".
    Did I say "yes?"
    They call me "Nana"

had to chuckle because i heard this voice don't touch anything

Did you touch it or photograph it?
    They call me "Nana"

Day 2: Saturday, November 3

We slept in a little after a long night romping in the Jacuzzi tub, got dressed, returned the rental car and made it to the port in time to recieve a boarding number three (which I've heard is a good thing). We hung out in the port people watching until it was our turn to walk through the big, yellow ears.

We finally made it through the ears and onto the boat. The first thing we did was make a reservation for brunch at Palo the following morning. Then we headed to Parrot Cay for lunch. The chilled orange mango soup was to die for. Following that lunch, anytime I was offered a chilled fruit soup I jumped on it.

After lunch we checked out the rest of the boat. We ran into Sue, Dan, and Megan on the top deck. I recognized her immediately, much to the amazement of our husbands who were like "huh?". She had told me what she was going to be wearing, so it wasn't a big deal, but Dan and Mr. iwbm were still amazed.

Soon it was time for the mandatory life boat drill. So we donned our vests and headed to deck 4.

After the lifeboat drill we headed for the Sail Away party. There we met Kellie, her mother Barbara, James and his wife Linda, and some other people that you don't know and don't care about so I won't list them here. The important people (DWT members) are myself, Kellie, James, and Sue and the people we love. The rest of them were all very nice and we are happy to have met them, I just don't think you would be interested in reading about them. If I'm wrong, let me know. However, I'm not often wrong. Just ask my husband.

After the Sail Away party we headed to Lumiere's for dinner. Our table mates were Kellie and Barbara, and Bruce and Marta. They would be our table mates for the entire week. They were all very nice and let me take pictures of their food if they ordered something different from what I had. I had the Leeks and Goats Cheese Quiche and Mr. iwbm had the Escargot for our appetizers.

For the main course I had the Citrus Glazed Oven-Baked Duckling and Mr. iwbm had the Coquilles St. Jacques (translated means sauted scallops, mushrooms, and shallots).

It is about this time that Mr. iwbm abruptly stands and excuses himself from the table. The boat is tossing and pitching and he needs to go back to the cabin. NOW. So he missed dessert. Poor baby. It was good. Creme Brulee. MMMMMMM.

After dinner I check on Mr. iwbm who is having a bad time of it, so I go to the show by myself. We were welcomed aboard by all of our Disney friends and entertained by some terrific performers. It was hilarious to watch somebody try to juggle with the boat tossing the was it was, but he did a great job and we were all impressed.

After the show I returned to the cabin to make sure Mr. iwbm was still alive. By that time the Bonine had kicked in and he was missing desert, so we ordered chocolate chip cookies from room service and then called it a night.
    Last edited by iwannabeminnie; 11-25-2007 at 06:12 PM.
    They call me "Nana"

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    PIcs of food and trash. Interesting vacation.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    PIcs of food and trash. Interesting vacation.
    Don't forget the drugs!

Oh and we get a jacuzzi tub when we stay in a DVC unit 1 bedroom and up....and I've never ran into a bubble problem....
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    Don't forget the drugs!
    And had I only known how the week would progress, I would have held on to the drugs.
    They call me "Nana"

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    That food looked delicious!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I mean they left those things in the room... didn't you steal anything? I mean free meds! They might help later on in the vacation!

However, in all seriously, the opening pics look great!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Needed the drugs for later in the week becuase i talked her ear off

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast