Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Turkeymama's last minute trip in the Vacation Planning forums; I hope you have a fun and magical trip!...
    nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I hope you have a fun and magical trip!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Babby58 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    We just flew back from WDW last night on Southwest. Concierge at Boardwalk printed our boarding passes for us- we just had to give them our reservation code and they took care of it.

You can't do Magical Express for your luggage coming home- the only disadvantage to flying Southwest. Hopefully, they'll come on board soon!!
    Piglet Rules!!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I so hope you're having a great time
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Fiona! I left some messages for you in chat
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    Well, we made it home last night and none of us were extremely happy about leaving. I have started on my trip reports and hope to have them posted soon. I have a couple of humurous stories to share, one of which I hope no one saw.

The anti-anxiety meds worked so well for the flight that I could barely walk. Very thankful for that, especially on the flight home since we flew over some pretty bad storms in Mississippi. And the kids were so worn out they slept on the plane trip home. Nice.

Magical Express was fine, although we think we may spring for a rental car next time. I can honestly say WDW was alot more crowded than last year when we went during the same week.

For now, I am off to unpack, wash clothes, and go look at new houses. Who knew all we needed to do was go on vacation with the house a mess and someone would make an offer? (Wishes really do come true.)
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Glad you got back safely and looking forward to hearing about your trip!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

First Day's Report

Day 1
    Since I was experiencing some anxiety about the flight, I never actually went to bed on Saturday. I used that time to wash and pack all our clothes and get ready. I have to mention the lack of sleep because it is directly related to the effect the meds had on me later in the morning.

I woke Brian around 4:30 since it takes him longer than any of us to get ready. I finished packing our bags and got the kids dressed. We left the house about 15 minutes behind schedule which really wasn’t a big deal since I padded our time by 20 minutes anyway. We drove to Jackson, MS with clear weather the whole way. Brian parked the truck while I sat inside with kids and bags. I was paralyzed, not with fear though. I literally couldn’t move. Apparently, the one pill I took combined with zero sleep has the same effect on me as being intoxicated. Cool! (I'm not endorsing being intoxicated, only not being paralzyed with fear.)

Our flight was delayed by about 20 minutes due to some “white stuff” up north they kept talking about. Once we boarded, we took off and the flight went rather quickly and without much turbulence. Even cooler!

We checked in with Magical Express, waited about 10 minutes and boarded our coach. We went straight to CBR custom house. We checked in and were in our room before 3:00. Not bad considering we didn’t even leave Ms until 10:00 central time. We rested, unpacked and headed for Epcot.

The park seemed crowded but not unbearably so. We headed over to Nemo first, but the ride was down due to “technical difficulties”. Not what the 3 year old wanted to hear. He settled for Turtle Talk with Crush (a first time for us). Kellyn, the 7 year old, asked Crush what he did under the sea all day. As you guessed, he said swim and catch waves.

Next we headed over to Garden Grill for our 6:40 reservation. The kids and I were hanging out at the Kidcot stop while we waited, which wasn’t long. We weren’t terribly impressed with the food, but the atmosphere and the characters were great. Dale was a Texas Longhorns fan which didn’t go over well with Kellyn and Brian.

After supper, we headed over to Soarin. First time I have been on Soarin. It did freak me out a little. I can’t wait to ride it again though. (I’ll explain on Wednesday’s report why we didn’t ride again.) We decided to call it an early night so we could get a good night’s sleep for Monday. I was exhausted anyway. On our way out, a CM asked if we wanted to try the preview to SSE. Did we ever? I had never ridden it before so I have no basis for comparison, but Brian said it is a great improvement. Overall I enjoyed the ride. We caught the bus back to our hotel. Our bus stop, by the way, was almost directly in front of our room. Very cool!

Not much exictement on the first day, but it is always nice to be "welcomed home" when you arrive to WDW.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sounds good so far, you're so lucky, you got a preview of SSE! I see you have another trip to look forward too, how great!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Yep, so far so good... Like you say: It is always good to be back at WDW!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Day 2 Magic Kingdom

We woke up early for our first full day at the Magic Kingdom. We didn’t make it as early as I wanted to, but we still made it just before the park opened. We hit Dumbo first since the lines back up so fast there. It is obligatory that we begin the day in the following order: Dumbo, it’s a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Mad Tea Party, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. That is the pattern we have established for ourselves and I can’t imagine beginning the day any different so we didn’t. After Buzz, we spotted Stitch so we headed over to get some pictures and an autograph. No nose picking this time, just some cute pictures. Next we headed over to Tomorrow Land Transit Authority for some down time and then over to catch The Laugh Floor. Brian was picked by one of the Monsters to get in on the act (I’m not sure which one, but it caught Brian off guard.)

We took a boat over to Wilderness Lodge for lunch at the Whispering Canyon Café. That is one of my new favorites now. The food is wonderful and the cast members were so much fun. Our server told us the chef would be right over to speak with us about Kellyn’s choices. Apparently the chef was taking a little longer than expected so he brought over the “little chef” (a statue of a chef, about 2 ˝ feet tall). Kellyn nearly fell out of her chair laughing. The kids rode the stick horses around the restaurant while all the adults waved their napkins in the air. It was a great place and I think Brian and I may go back in March when we visit without the kids.

After a little transferring, we took a bus back to CBR so Brian and Benjamin could take a nap. Kellyn and I went to check out the pool. (This is where one of my embarrassing moments comes in.) For those who don’t know, there is a neat little slide at the main pool at CBR. Kellyn and many other children went down it several times. Kellyn begged me to slide, something I normally would never consider. (I have nothing against those who slide; it just isn’t something I do. I promise I will NEVER do it again.) I finally gave in and climbed up the stairs. I scooted myself down the slide a little, and all of sudden I felt Kellyn hit my back (she was coming with me.) We shot down the slide faster than I could shout, “No!” We hit the water and went under, she grabbed my suit in just the right spot, when I came up, my suit didn’t! Oh the horror! Here we were, midday in 80 degree heat and the pool was packed! I managed to pull myself together and stay at the main pool for another 30 minutes without looking anyone in the eye. I made Kellyn gather her things, and we headed to a quiet pool. I never went back to main pool for the rest of the trip.

Kellyn and I changed clothes and woke up the boys to go back to Magic Kingdom for EMH. We were starved so we made a beeline for Casey’s. We watched Spectromagic and split up after that. Kellyn and Brian headed over to Frontier land to do the Mountains a few times. Benjamin and I played it safe and stuck with rides in Fantasyland and a couple in Tommorow land. We regrouped and rode Pirates (nobody told me there was a drop). The park seemed really crowded considering it had gotten so late. We got a little discouraged at the lines since we saw many people without wrist bands. On our way out Brian wanted to ride Snow White’s Scary Adventures (he swears he has never seen it, and maybe he hasn’t). This is when I discovered I was very tired. We parked the stroller and header over to the line when Kellyn says, “Where’s Ben?” Well he was back at stroller parking of course. He wasn’t going to move. In all fairness, he said he didn’t want to ride anymore and I guess he meant it. Now this sounds bad, but we were never actually more than about 5 or 6 steps away from him.

After we coaxed him to ride just the one more time, we all decided we best call it a night.
    Walt Disney

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thanks for the chuckle! Maybe nobody saw anything? Just pretend you were in Europe or in the islands or something.
    I already miss the World. sigh.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Oh no! What an embarrassing moment. Yes, in Europe you'd never get a second look.
    Sounds like you're having a great time. I wondered if we'd actually been in the same park at the same time, but it appears that we haven't. The world isn't as small you you hear.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I'm so enjoying reading this...and the bathing suit blunder made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Smack81 View Post
    I'm so enjoying reading this...and the bathing suit blunder made me smile.

It made my husband smile too. He thinks I made too much of it. I am very modest and prudish though.
    Walt Disney

Day 3 Part 1

Animal Kingdom
    I decided to let the family sleep late since we were out late the night before and I planned on pulling another all-nighter for MVMCP. We made it to Animal Kingdom just in time for our late breakfast ressies at Tusker House. The chef was great, as they always are. He brought Kellyn a plate full of Mickey waffles made with soy milk. She was delighted. The food was really good and they seemed to have a good selection of breakfast items. It made me feel better about not being able to make it to Chef Mickey’s.

Next we headed over and grabbed Fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safari. We hopped on the train for Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Jiminy Cricket and Rafiki were both there signing autographs. I never realized just how small that cricket really is. Next we headed out to see the goats. (Don’t we see enough goats at Meme and Papaw’s house?) It was fun to watch the dominant goat push all the others off their playground toys. While we were washing our hands, Kellyn noticed Push outside the fence talking to some kids. She ran out to join in. Some mean kid kept kicking Push! Seriously! His mom wasn’t even attempting to stop him. I finally decided to “politely” help her out. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I decided she must not have seen him. No I didn’t beat him, although I probably would have swatted mine for doing the same thing. I told him it wasn’t a good idea to kick others, to which the mom swiftly replied by scooping him up and carrying him away. Problem solved.

We headed back over for our Fastpass time to Safari. We got some good shots of pelicans and the baby giraffe. I made Kellyn pay close attention so she could prove she learned something while skipping school. Next Brian dragged all of us on Kali River Rapids. Benjamin and I were a little nervous. The 12 year old girl sitting next to me was having fun at my expense. It was her second or third time to ride in a day. I have to admit I liked the ride. Of course, I wasn’t on the side that got wet either. Brian and Kellyn were both soaked so we decided to go back to the room to get some dry clothes.

On our way out of the park, we stopped off at Camp Minnie Mickey to get Donald’s autograph. For some odd reason, we weren’t able to get it at Tusker House. He was very impressed with Kellyn's Donald Duck shirt. It said, "I love cranky boys". He got a kick out of it.

And that concludes Part 1 of Day 3
    Part 2 will follow shortly.
    Walt Disney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast