Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Turkeymama's last minute trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay, we just found out we could go to WDW in December. I usually take 6 to 12 months to plan, instead I have 2 weeks. I have tried to ...
    turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!

Turkeymama's last minute trip

Okay, we just found out we could go to WDW in December. I usually take 6 to 12 months to plan, instead I have 2 weeks.

I have tried to do some ADR's and I have had some luck. I wanted to stay at Pop, but they were booked so we are going with CBR instead. I figured since I live in La. there wasn't any sense in staying at Port Orleans.

So far I have ADR's for Tusker House breakfast, Akershus lunch, and 50's Prime Time lunch. I think I am going to drop my ressie for Crystal Palace because it doesn't really fit my plan of attack for the parks. I really would like to do Liberty Tree Tavern and Chef Mickey's but both are booked solid for the whole week. I was told to call back repeatedly in case of cancellations. I still need to buy tix for MVMCP and do airfare.

Everyone else had a pre-trip report so I was feeling kind of left out.
    Last edited by turkeymama; 11-25-2007 at 02:31 PM.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I've done a last minute trip to the parks, but I was already in Kissimmee at the time! If the opportunity ever arose to plan a trip in 2 weeks, I probably could do it, but it sure eliminates all the fun of anticipating for months. How long will you be there?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

We will arrive on Dec 9 and leave on Dec 15.
    I just booked our airfare. Southwest. Non-stop. Less sedation for me. Woo hoo!
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Some of us will still be there for mousefest

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    LOL i know how you feel...we are scheduled to leave in 10 days and my mom just booked our flight yesterday
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Okay, so I am really getting into prep mode now.

My son has some developmental and speech delays, so I bought a luggage tag to keep on him in case he gets lost while we are visiting the parks. It is brightly colored so it is easily noticeable. I am going to write his name, my name and my husband's name, and our cell #'s on it. Hopefully we won't have to utilize this but I would rather be safe than sorry.
    Walt Disney

I keep calling to check on any openings for Pop Century, but today they had a room available at ASM.

Does ASM still share buses with all the other All Star's? I'm just looking to save a little money if I can.
    Walt Disney

tiggerguy is online now WDWRadio.com Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
    I keep calling to check on any openings for Pop Century, but today they had a room available at ASM.

Does ASM still share buses with all the other All Star's? I'm just looking to save a little money if I can.
    What is ASM? Music or Movies? Well, anyway all the All Stars usually share buses with Sports among the first to be picked up and dropped off
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    What is ASM? Music or Movies? Well, anyway all the All Stars usually share buses with Sports among the first to be picked up and dropped off

Sorry, Music.
    Walt Disney

I officially gave up on Pop Century today. Carribean Beach Resort it is.

I signed up for Magical Express, but I didn't think I could since I would be using Southwest. The Disney guy said, "No problem". He took my flight information down and told me where to check in at the airport, so I hope it goes well. We have never used Magical Express before, but we have never flown to Disney either.

I ordered my tix for MVMCP for the 11th and will pick those up when we arrive. Looks like we are all set.

Now if I could just get that reservation for Chef Mickey's and Liberty Tree Tavern......
    Walt Disney

I decided I would post this on my report ahead of time so I can keep track of how bad I am about flying.

In my countdown I have 5 days left to go. I feel nauseous and I can't sleep well. Every attempt to distract myself is failing. My fear of flying is really starting to interfere with my daily activities.

DH may have to pack for us. I will get him to take pics of me boarding. That should be funny............after I get off the plane.
    Walt Disney

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can use ME for Southwest....I just think they can't print your boarding passes for you at the resort. I'd page Cleverocks on the transportation board....he is a wealth of knowledge on this.

All the AllStars pick up on the same bus line. I really like POFQ when we stayed there last time.
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Wow - a last minute trip.... I wish we could do that!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    Wow - a last minute trip.... I wish we could do that!!
    You just have to learn how to drive your train across water!

Quote Originally Posted by turkeymama View Post
    I decided I would post this on my report ahead of time so I can keep track of how bad I am about flying.

In my countdown I have 5 days left to go. I feel nauseous and I can't sleep well. Every attempt to distract myself is failing. My fear of flying is really starting to interfere with my daily activities.

DH may have to pack for us. I will get him to take pics of me boarding. That should be funny............after I get off the plane.
    I sooo understand your problem. I'm not afraid of flying, per se, just traveling. The rush to make a train, plane or bus can throw me my system into chaos. I am not usually bothered until the day of, but then my whole system goes haywire.
    Hang in there! The flight will be worth the trouble. Hope to see you in WDW. You have the tag for your son, but don't forget to print out a DWT tag for yourself.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Okay, gearing up for tomorrow. I have loads of stuff to do before I can pack. We have to get up early to drive to the airport (about a 1 1/2 hour drive, but worth it for the cheaper fare and non-stop flight.)

Quick check of the weather. Jackson looks clear so at least there won't be any rain during our flight. Orlando looks clear for most of the week, but we all know we have to bring the ponchos anyway, right? You never know when a shower may strike.

I probably won't be posting again until we get back. Maybe this time around I will actually keep up with my trip report. That would be a first.

Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast