Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Sitting in the Airport wating to see Mickey in the Vacation Planning forums; My condolences to you and your family. Sometimes life actually has to take precedence over our vitual world of DWT....
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    My condolences to you and your family. Sometimes life actually has to take precedence over our vitual world of DWT.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    My condolences to you and your family. Sometimes life actually has to take precedence over our vitual world of DWT.
    Thank You Mini. We do apprectiate Your kind words. We are sitting in our Hotel Room, getting some sleep before our emotional day tomorrow.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    so sorry to hear about the death but Im glad you all had a great time!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

echoscot is offline D-Ticket Holder
    So sorry as well to hear of the death in the family. Praying for you. Maybe filling out the trip report will bring happier moments for you. Let us know if you need any support.

LisaAnn is offline C-Ticket Holder
    You're from New Jersey, too? Well, obviously, since you left from AC Airport....I was wondering something? do u ever get comments from Cast Members about your "accent"?? I ALWAYS do! They always seem to know that we are from NJ....they always say that we talk realy realy fast, and that we pronounce things weird, like "water" and "dawg"...whihc is true, i guess, but its still strange that they always know where we come from!
    ~Lisa~
    DCP Fall 2012: Strollers/Main Entrance Merchandise, Magic Kingdom
    Vacations to WDW: 20
    Vacations to DL: 2

Quote Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post
    You're from New Jersey, too? Well, obviously, since you left from AC Airport....I was wondering something? do u ever get comments from Cast Members about your "accent"?? I ALWAYS do! They always seem to know that we are from NJ....they always say that we talk realy realy fast, and that we pronounce things weird, like "water" and "dawg"...whihc is true, i guess, but its still strange that they always know where we come from!

Funny You should ask. Just this last time, we were walking around Animal Kingdom and stopped in a store to pick up a lost minute gift and at the checkout, the castmember, who looking at her nametag was from Orlando, asked if We were from Boston. We laughed and said, "not too far off", and made our Jersey accent even stronger and said. "forget aboutit" LOL She loved hearing someone say things that she must hear on tv shows and We all had a good laugh that night.

Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites

Quote Originally Posted by LisaAnn View Post

Funny You should ask. Just this last time, we were walking around Animal Kingdom and stopped in a store to pick up a lost minute gift and at the checkout, the castmember, who looking at her nametag was from Orlando, asked if We were from Boston. We laughed and said, "not too far off", and made our Jersey accent even stronger and said. "forget aboutit" LOL She loved hearing someone say things that she must hear on tv shows and We all had a good laugh that night.

Ok, lets finish up this trip report at last! We ended our trip at Epcot. After entering the front gates, You were welcomed by some really Great Christmas Topiaries, (please forgive any misspelled words) LOL, Fun Disney Characters. We walked past the SSE with the since removed Walls, checking out the new signs for the attraction. After making My manditory stop at the pin station for any new DVC and AP pins, as well as any other new pins, LOL, We headed into MouseGear for all of our last Min. shopping needs that We always have shipped to our Home. This really saves Us the worry of having our bags go over the weight limiit for the airline. Also, if they damage anything, Disney is very quick to replace the damaged item. We found that out one time when Bobble head Mickey lost his head. What a horror to see poor Mickey not be able to bobble. ahhhhhh
    Shopping was fun, not only did I find my latest Mickey bobblehead for My collection, I found a Brand New Figment bobblehead too! He was always My second favorite and I was so happy to see they were giving Him some attention! Speaking of which, This was our next stop. We headed over to the Imagination ride to hear our favorite song, what else? "IMAGINATION" What a fun ride. Except for the Skunk smell. P U. Next door to this ride is the upwards shooting water falls, a cast member told Us that figment has a meet and greet up there during the day, so We headed up to look for a sign with the times. Not seeing him out there at the time, We walked inside this door to see if it was some kind of small display with Figment items and Were We SUPRISED to see FIGMENT Himself inside with the Air Conditioning doing a Meet and Greet. He was all alone with his handler, so We had him all to ourselves. This was fantastic. Not only great photos with Each of Us by His side, but they let Us pull out the Cell Phone and snap a few to send home some quick shots to the family. He was large and very Friendly, I will try and send a photo of that after I complete this log. We decided to head over to the land and have a bite to eat. The Seasons food court has some different items to choose from than most food courts, for Me, someone who can eat most anything, this was not too hard to find something that I would like, (by the way, I chose the Asian meal), but for Debbie our resedent picky eater, nothing really tickled her fancy, she ended up with a bowl of Mac and Cheese, My little 5 year old wife. HA HA HA......just kidding Deb. Yikes!!!
    After eating, we checked on the lines for Soaring, way too long and the fast passes at this time of the day were for Maybe next month, well, maybe not that long, but We did not want to come back that late in the day and headed over to the Greenhouse tours boat ride. This is a very peaceful slow boat ride and We were suprised with a few Christmas Decorations this time around. Always a fun way to cool off and just relax while seeing some really cool ways of growing fruits and Veggies too!
    Before going into the world showcase, We walked over to Club Cool, sponsored by Coke, and tried the drinks from around the world. Some are tastly, and some just make You say YUK. For anyone that collects Coke items, thsi is the place for You, they have banks, shirts and many other items sporting the Coke emblem on them.
    Onward Debbie and I headed over to the World Showcase, taking some great photos of the really large, well decorated Tree at the end of the archway of lights just before the showcase lagoon. The weather that day was very un-Christmas like, in the 80's and very sunny. Clouds just were not to be found in the sky. Did anybody say sweat. Phew...... First stop was the Canada Pavillion to the right. Out in front was Santa, Wow did He have to be Hot in his wintery Santa outfit. I managed to get a quick Photo over someones shoulder of Him being that they were the last to meet with Him being that it was time for him to take a water break, so while Deb an I were in Canada, We walked down throught the Very well planted garden and walked up to the podium for Le Celleir to ask about walk up dinner reservations, Well, We had a better chance of having it snowing at that time then getting into this Great Restaraunt for Dinner that night. We just took a shot, and failed. Boo Hoo......Being that it was way too hot for the two of Us, walking around the countries was not much of a pleasure, To help out with our heat exhaustion, We stopped at a little stand just past Canada and I got a frozen drink and Debbie ended up with a coffee coolata, aside from the brainfreeze, these drinks were yummy.
    On to the next country, looking for any Holiday decorations, We did end up stopping at the American pavillion and found, hidden behind some temporary bushes, a Meet and Greet with both Santa and Mrs. Clause. Both had there very large wooden chairs to sit in so that guests could walk up and sit on both of there laps for a great Photo. I just stood to the side and grabbed a quick shot of the both of them before the next family stepped up for there turn. They also had a little shop set up with all types of Christmas themed items to purchase. Very well set up, I do say!
    Again, the sprint through the rest of the countries found Us wiped out from the heat and I turned to Debbie and said, "how about We just skip the nightime shows and just head back to the room and chill out. Well I did not have to ask twice, so off We headed to the bus stop and rode back in air condition to our room back at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. After unloading our backpacks and getting a drink, I decided to head out around this great hotel and snap a few hundred photos. First I headed out back to the great viewing area of the savanna and lucked out that it was feeding time and many animals were right up front and I was able to get some great shots of them after there meal. My next adventure was to search the entire hotel for some shots of anything new happening with the New DVC Resort being built of some out of the way shots of the animals from a spot that many guests would not think to go. A really great spot that I had last time of the new construction was blocked off because of the remodeling or should I say the conversion of the hotel rooms on the upper floors being converted to DVC accomodations to go along with the all new Animal Kingdom DVC Village ready sometime in 2009. I had fun exploring this hotel, which many people would never do on there vacation, but being that We are lucky enough to travel to WDW many times, this was My little adventure on this trip. I headed back to the room just as Debbie was phoning Me to ask about Dinner. We took the elevator outside our room down to the lower level where the restaraunts are located and asked about walkup reservations to the Boma buffet. We overheard another guest being told that the waiting list was about 45 mins. and at this perticular time, We were in no mood to wait this long and tried to decide if We should just head over to there Cafe and Eat or do something else. Checking our resort timesheets, We saw that Animal Kingdom park was staying open till 7pm that night and decided to head over there and see what eateries were open. The Tusker house buffet had just closed to new guests and we found many of the food places closed at this time, there were not many guests in the park, I am guessing that many either do not know about this late closing time, or don't feel that this park offers enough to do at night to make it worth the trip, so We headed over towards Expedition Everest and saw the new Yak and Yeti Rest. opened and walked inside to the Podium to see if We could get in for dinner. We were suprised that We could walk right in and get a table with No wait at all. This was the best dicision We had made this entire day! If You ever get a chance, make a point to have a meal at this place, because the service, atmosphere, and Food were all top notch. We had a fantastic waiter who made some helpful suggestions on What to try and some fun Drinks to cool off with. This Place was just the best. We hope to come back here again next visit too!
    After a great meal, We just walked around Animal Kingdom Park just to take in the night views of all the attractions. For Us, it is way too dark to walk around. Very tough to see much of anything, and only a few rides are open for You to go on as well. Like I said before, at least We can say We did a night walk through this park. We stopped on the way out in one of there larger stores and made some last minute shopping for items that We had wanted to get for family members that We had forgotten to get earlier in the trip. We had a very enjoyable chat with the cast member and being that We were the only guests in the store, Had a very enjoyable time with Her before heading back to the Hotel.
    The saddest time of the trip was upon the two of Us. Packing our bags for the trip home in the early morning. Funny thing, how no matter how many times we come and how many times we have the tv. on, We always seem to enjoy the top 7 attractions show that plays over and over on one of the channels. We never get sick of seeing stacy go through the countdown!. after finishing packing, or should I say crunching our bags full, We had a snack and just hit the hay to get up early in the am.
    Our flight home was early in the morn, and Disneys Magical Express picked Us up 3 hours before our flight, so We were out by the bus stop at 6am with the birds, and crickets, waiting for the bus as well as the sun to come up. We were alone at the bus stop this time and just sat and talked about our fantastic trip that was comnig to an end. In the distance, We could hear the heavy equipment from the DVC Construction moving about. I guess this is why many of the guests were moved to other resorts at this time due to the noise factor. While in our rooms, none of this construction noise could be heard.
    Other then our bus going from our second hotel stop, back to our hotel to pick up a late arriving guest, not much happened along the way. Not too many guests were leaving at this horribly early hour of the moring, so We were able to sit just about anywhere and stretch out and close our eyes and cat nap during this 30 min. trip to Orlando airport. It was a Very smooth and quite ride to the plane.Which brings Me back to where this part of the trip report began, sitting in the Airport waiting for our plane. Sorry that this over a month to complete, but with the holidays and disk problems in My neck, getting time for this longwinded report was not an option. We arrived home safely and started counting down the days to our next trip, which by the way, is only 7 days from this final installment of the trip report. Back to Animal Kingdom Lodge, this time staying in a DVC Studio that was just completed, we are starting to pack our bags tonight as I am typing this report to You. We are so looking forward to this 7 day trip, from Jan 26th through Feb 2nd.
    Thank You for staying in for this long trip report, and I hope that someone got some fun out of this report. Thanks again. Your Disney fan and Friend. Jim, and My wife Debbie.

Ps. I will attempt some photos. Not sure how to do that, but I will give it a try!

Photos to go along with this Report.

The entranceway to Animal Kingdom Lodge.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Epcot Christmas Topiaries

These are the Great Holiday Decorations seen as You enter the center of Epcots Main Entrance.

New Epcot Spaceship Earth Signage

This is both of the new signs that were installed while the rehab was being done On Spaceship Earth.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sitting in the Airport wating to see Mickey-disney-trip-dec-2007-014.jpg   Sitting in the Airport wating to see Mickey-disney-trip-dec-2007-015.jpg  

Mouse Gear Store Christmas Decorations.

When You entered the store, You were Greeted by Minnie and Mickey.

Meet and Greet with Figment

Here was Debbie and I taking photos with Figment at Epcot all by ourselves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sitting in the Airport wating to see Mickey-disney-trip-dec-2007-020.jpg   Sitting in the Airport wating to see Mickey-disney-trip-dec-2007-022.jpg  

A rare Christmas Tree along the Living with the Land Greenhouse tour boat Ride.

This was one of the decorations that We had seen along the boat ride. they also had christmas balls hanging from various hanging plants too!

Inside Club Cool.

Here is a photo of Debbie walking ahead of Me at Club Cool. As I mentioned before, they have many coke related items for sale here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast