Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Sitting in the Airport wating to see Mickey in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Guys, Deb and I are sitting at Atlantic City Airport waiting for our flight to Orlando to come vist Mickey. Got a last minute room at the Animal kingdom ...
    MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder

Sitting in the Airport wating to see Mickey

Hi Guys, Deb and I are sitting at Atlantic City Airport waiting for our flight to Orlando to come vist Mickey. Got a last minute room at the Animal kingdom Lodge with our Annual Passholder rate. Could not pass it up. We had a room at the Dolphin, but wanted to use the Magical Express and keep the Disney Experience alive. I am so glad they have internet service at the airport. This is a great way to pass time being that We have to get here so early for our flight. We will be staying at this resort late this January using our DVC points, but nothing was available with points for this week. Being that We decided to go at the last Minute, We could not be happier. We will be coming home Monday morning, so We won't be able to meet anyone that is going down for the meet. We will have a regular room this time and then get a studio for January, so We will get to see the difference in the two. Ok, catch ya later tonight or tomorrow and catch up with Ya about how the trip is going.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Have an awesome time! Look forward to hearing what your trip was like!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Thanks Nicks10, We got to Animal Kingdom Lodge late last night about 11pm. Check-in was a little scary. It turned out that the "Computer" Canceled our Reservations, so when We tried to check in We got the bad news. After checking we were told that this had happened 7 times yesterday, so We had to wait and after a little work, they found Us a room. We ended up with a pool view instead of a standard view(Parking lot view) room, so that made the small delay well worth it. The hotel here at the Animal Kingdom Lodge was dressed up beautifully for Christmas with the grandest Tree in the Lobby, it soars over 3 stories High and looks fantastic. The lighting here at this late hour of checking in was dim and did make the Hotel really look Majestic. Our room was across the main lobby and about 8 rooms down. Right next to the store, and an elevator right outside the door. We could not be happier with the location.
    Talk about a fantastic room with a view, which at night was a very romantic view. The balcony was very private and was very comfortable. The room is a nice size with two Queen size beds that are very comfortable. Plenty of Drawers to stowe You items after unpacking. The TV seems to be around a 19or 20 inch tv. The room comes with the coffee maker and coffee, which is refilled every day when they do the beds and towels. The room is a bit dark as far as the decor and the lighting is a little dim, but it still looks great! We also get free delivery of the newspaper each morning, not sure if all of our readers would remember what a newspaper is, since the internet, LOL, but it is a nice added touch.
    This morning We had our wake up call with Mickey and Stitch as We usually do and got up and ready to go down to the Mara and have a quick breakfast. The Mara has all that you could ask for we enjoy it a lot!
    After eating, We hit the bus and in a matter of minutes, had arrived at The Animal Kingdom Park just a few Miinutes after they opened. We worked our way around the park the long way to Expedition Everest to hit the fast pass machine. The wait line was only about 20 mins. and the fast pass was for starting about 25 mins. later, so I just decided to get on line and take a chance. Being that Debbie had decided to sit it out, I ended up taking the single rider line and was on and off the ride in only 10 mins. flat. Wow was that fun!
    The Weather was fair at best. It looked like rain most of the day and we had a bit of mist and sometimes a bit of drizzle, but the rains never came. Scary weather when You are carrying a very expensive camera. Oh how I love to take Photos and hat e to keep it locked up in the camera bag. AHHHHH
    The park was fun, the safari was really great, the cooler weather had all the animals out feeding and walking up around the truck. I got lots of Photos from that ride!
    We found a bench to sit on and wait for the start of Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade. Coffee and a snack from the new Tusker House coffee stand just made waiting that much better. LOL The coffee was Great. We really Loved the Parade and almost stayed to see it come around a second time from where We sat next to the new Tusker House Restaraunt. The Hosts ourside were very friendly and let Us have one of the menus to look over what they had to offer for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. Very nice people indeed!
    We had planned to head over to Epcot to spend a late night there after hitting the stores on our way out of AK, and that was our plan until We saw that what looked like the whole crowd from AK had the same idea, so We switched over to MGM Studios, whose bus we had just missed. After standing there a few minutes our energy level talked Us into just walking back over to our bus stop back to the hotel and having dinner at the mara again. We were happy with our choice. We did get many Photos with many if not all of the characters over at AK . They were all dressed in there holiday outfits and looked just fantastic! This was why We made this last min. trip and we took full advantage of this chance to see them and all the rest of the park spruced up for the holidays.
    After dinner, We shopped at the store here at the Lodge and called it a night.After some coffee and desert, I cranked up the in room High Speed Internet connection and came right here to leave the latest report from our trip.
    I hope this is not too long winded and I hope somebody reading at home gets some nuggets of joy out of this trip report.
    Thanks for reading, and till tomorrow night, farewell.

Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    I will be leaving for the World in 9 days, so I am excited to hear about all the characters decked out in holiday garb.

I thought about trying our trip without the park hoppers this time, but after reading your report I'm glad I went ahead and got the hopper. We rarely keep to one park a day and I should know better by now.

Kind of scary being told your reservations have been cancelled. That is always a fear of mine so I try to write down (or print out) all my confirmation numbers. But at least you got a good view out of the deal.

Enjoy the rest of your trip. Looking forward to reading more.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm leaving for Orlando in 8 days. I was severely jealous when I started to ready your post from the airport and I'm not sure why. lol
    AK lodge is beautiful. I had a room overlooking the Savannah a few years ago. What an experience, although, you can see into that area of the lodge from various parts of the hallways while moving from point A to point B so it's not a "gotta have it" room.
    Enjoy your last days at WDW. You leave just before the meet, we arrive just as it's ending.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    So cool that you are posting for us while you are down there!
    Someday I will get to stay at the AK. I am thrilled to know it is beautiful. Have a wonderful time and thanks for thinking of us and letting us share in your trip!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

I am happy to see that these reports are enjoyed.
    Today was a hopping day as well. We started out early again. Not early enough for the early Magic hour at MGM, but we arrived there just after normal opening time just after nine. There was not much of a crowd being that the taping was going on at Magic Kingdom, so that helped a bit. From MGM, We could see the Goodyear Blimp flying around, my guess is that they used it for some high in the sky disney christmas parade shots.
    As I may have said before, Deb and I really just shot down Here to see the Christmas Decor and lights at night, so My trip Report May be a bit boring without too many ride reports. The weather was just the oposite from yesterday. Sunny and in the low 80s. We walked down by Tower of terror and Rock and roll Rollercoaster just to see what was new. We did not see too many things new, just a few decorations here or there. While talking to the cast members to see there pins for trading, We seem to run into alot of transplanted New Jersey Residents and it makes it fun to see how life is for them now living near and working at disney. As well as many great visitors around the parks and busses. Small world it is.
    Next we walked down where the osborne lights are shown at night and walked around to see more decorations and caught a very funny rock showwith a bunch of make believe landscapers. Can't remember the name, something Mulch and shears. They played very well and were very funny. The little side shows sometimes are just as fun as the big productions. We had planned on seeing the muppits again, but the line was coming outside the building and We were just in the cruise mode and did not feel like waiting too long, so up the hill We went.
    If there are any Star Wars Fans, they have finished building the new Jeti training academy Stage and We caught the tail end of one of the classes. They did a great job. Well worth the stop. From there We headed further up and hit the Great Movie Ride. They used a slightly different version of the ride this time. Was fun.
    Afterwards We stayed out in front of the Big Hat and Watched the High School Musical 2 Show. For those who Loved the first one and really love the second movie, You will really enjoy this show as well. They do a really fantastic job.
    We headed over to the ABC Commisary for lunch and We both tried the hot cuban sandwich and I'm telling You, if You want to try something besides chicken fingers and burgers, this is one great tasting sandwich.
    We ate and headed over to the shops and spent all My money. Way too many great things to buy. LOL I needed some new Mickey shirts anyway. After shopping, Deb and I headed over to the steps of the old ABC Television building. They have it boarded up except for the stairs, so We camped out at the top to get a great view of the New Hollywood Holiday parade. The parade started with Giselle the newest Disney Princess from the Enchanted Movie She was in a beautiful Horse drawn Carriage. She looked Just fantastic in Her White gown. Very Pretty. The parade was done very well with everyone wearing there Christmas atire. Such great colors and fun Music to go along with the show. After wards, We headed over to the Magic Kingdom from there.
    Being that the Mickeys Holiday Parade was starting at 5pm, We just grabbed a spot long the parade route and waited for this parade as well. This was a fantastic parade as well. A real Must see! Speaking of must see, As we arrived in front of the Castle, The show started out front of the castle, topped off with the new Fully lit up Castle with thousands of lights that have been done up to make the castle look as though it was covered with Ice sicles. They looked really really great! It brings tears to Your eyes. After they lit up the castle, the lights stayed on for the night. We headed around for dinner, and had a tough time finding any place with a long line. We ended up at Pecos Bills and got to try out the new self pay kiosk machines. They worked really well and You placed Your order used a credit card or dining plan card and headed up to the counter to wait for Your order to be filled. FInding a table after that was a toughie. The park was very crowded by this time, cause they were staying open till Midnight and I think everyone from every other park was there to see the shows and lights. Wow did it get crowded. We even had to wait on quite a line for the Haunted Mansion Ride. But, the line moved very quickly. From the time getting on line, till We left the mansion was only 27 minutes after all. not bad at all.
    While We were heading over to the castle the Spectromagic parade was going on, so We watched that till it was over. The Fireworks show started at 9 pm and wow was that the best ever. A Must see!
    After a long day, We headed out to wait with the crowds for our bus. We did fit on the first well packed bus to come along and headed back to the hotel. just before getting back, a baby gave everyone onboard a very good reason to jump off when we got back to the bus stop. Wow, what did that baby eat. ahhhhh
    Anywho, we got some coffee downstairs and a snack of course, and just went back upstairs so I could come chat with You guys.
    Tomorrow is Epcot, with Maybe a splash of the osborne light show at MGM. TIll then. Enjoy these reports. Thanks for Reading.
    Jim

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Thanks for another fun day Jim!
    I am hoping you maybe took your camera and can add some photos later?
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    great report!! so fun to read! cant wait to hear more!!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Thanks for another fun day Jim!
    I am hoping you maybe took your camera and can add some photos later?
    Pictures are My Life. LOL. I will have about 1000 photos to sort through to see what may be of interest, so Maybe on Monday, or tuesday I can get them resized and then have them posted. Thanks for asking!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    great report!! so fun to read! cant wait to hear more!!
    Thanks Thumper, I will be badk a little earlier tonight, so I will send My last park report tonight. We are leaving the Hotel at 6am, and will call it a night early today. Happy that You are enjoying the reports.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Thanks for sharing your report. I'm getting more and more excited about taking my turn a week from tomorrow. Glad the weather turned around for you.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    Thanks for sharing your report. I'm getting more and more excited about taking my turn a week from tomorrow. Glad the weather turned around for you.
    Your Welcome Mini, As I started out, here I sit at Orlando Airport, so sad, and Yet, in 54 days, We will be back, so I will try to be happy. BOOO HOOOO.....
    Anyway, I will just say Hi, and come back later on and finish up My report. Sitting out on a bench waiting for the Magical Express, which arrived right to the minute, I though to Myself how luckiy I am and that Although short, I had a really Really Great time! Thanks in most part to My wife Debbie, She makes everything fun. We will be boarding in about 10 mins. so I am going to say goodbye for now, and thank You again for reading.

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    It is so much fun going, but no fun at all to come home. (at least for me anyway)

I can't wait to see Giselle in the parade. I'm glad you mentioned her. My daughter and I wondered if we would see her, but we suspect (or hope) they may have a Giselle princess dress for sell in one of the parks.

Looking forward to pictures when you get them posted. Hope your trip home went well.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

Sorry for the delay, There has been a death in the family, and I will be delayed on getting photos and the completion of the trip report out. I am looking forward to completing the report soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast