Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rachel's Post-Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; lol i know how you feel...we just got back from our wdw trip on the 15 and i have 400+ photos to sort through and get uploaded on here also!...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    lol i know how you feel...we just got back from our wdw trip on the 15 and i have 400+ photos to sort through and get uploaded on here also!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Talking

Alright then, photos are finally uploaded. So let's get this party started!!!!!

So I left on Saturday the 15th. I was up before 6am but I didn't leave the house till about 6:45. I had already checked in for my flight the day before so all I had to do was pass thru security and I was on my way. No problems there and before long I was boarding the plane. At the exact same time, the snow started to fall here in Indy. So we had to wait 20 minutes for them to spray down the plane to de-ice it. It was weird, kinda felt like going thru a car wash since it was pink and foamy. A couple of hours later I had landed in Florida! The weather was beautiful, about 70 degrees and sunny (a far cry from what I had left back here at home). I got checked in with Magical Express and was soon on my bus to Pop Century Resort. Since I was traveling solo and only had carry-on luggage, it made transitioning from one place to another much faster. I arrived at Pop and checked in, and my room was already ready to I took my stuff to my room and unpack. I was in the 70's in building #6. I was facing the Classic Years with a view of Hourglass Lake. It's a darn shame those buildings aren't done, cause my room which is considered standard right now, might well be a "preferred" room if they ever get done. The view is beautiful.

While I was unpacking, I texted Amanda and Jeanne to let them know I had arrived and was ready to party! Amanda and her DH were staying at the Boardwalk and were eating lunch, so they would let me know when they were done. Jeanne was at home and she said she'd just wait to hear from me and we'd meet up. Not long after, Amanda called and she and DH were going to come pick me up and we were off to the MK! This was my first time meeting another DWT'er face-to-face, good thing they didn't turn out to be axe-murderers

After parking at the TTC and taking the General Joe Potter, we arrived at the MK a little before 3pm. I was a little hungry, so we stopped at Casey's Corner for some french fries (I learned really quickly that WDW has the BEST french fries in the entire universe ) We were going to hit Adventureland, but since it was almost parade time, we took the opportunity to go see the new updates at the Haunted Mansion. We maybe waited 10 minutes before getting inside and let me say that the videos on YouTube do not do it justice. The upgrades to the sound make it so much better, and I love the new effects with the staircase scene and the new attic scene. Amanda had brought along her Pal Mickey so I had some fun listening to him (especially when he got scared during the ballroom scene )

Since the parade was now over, we treked back over toward Adventurland and rode the Jungle Cruise. I had never done the JC, and I will admit that I found it quite amusing. However I love dry (and what some consider bad) humor which made it even more funny for me. Our skipper did speak a little fast, but since I knew some of the jokes already ("Be careful, Ginger snaps!") it wasn't that big a deal. At this point Jeanne still hadn't arrived, but was on her way from CM parking so we did the Enchanted Tiki Room (another attraction I had never done). I loved this one too, especially the music. We wandered over towards POTC was caught the end of the pirate tutorial with Captain Jack Sparrow. While we were watching, Jeanne and her man managed to sneak up on us. After getting aquainted, we all rode Pirates (my absolute favorite attraction!) We then wandered over to Frontierland intending on riding Big Thunder Mountain. However it had been raining off and on all day and the sky was getting gloomy. Once it started lightening, BTM was temporarily shut down so we hopped out of the line and went for plan B. Jeanne and Ryan had dinner plans so they left and the three of us went over to the Country Bears (again another attraction I had never done, notice a trend here? ) I like the Country Bears, but the show is in serious need of a rehab. The sound is terrible and the animatronics need some overhauls. By this time it was getting to dinner time, so we headed over to Fantasy Land and had dinner at the Pinocchio Village Hause. I had the chicken fingers and fries, nothing to get excited about. After dinner we did Mickey's Philharmagic. We then headed over to Tomorrowland and rode the TTA (and got stuck, one of 4 times I would get stuck on an attraction this trip). We then grabbed Fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear and then went over to the Laugh Floor. I sent in a joke and they used it in the show! (Q: Why did the pillow go the psychiatrist? A: Cause it was feeling a little down! ) Since it still wasn't time for Buzz, we caught Wishes (my first fireworks show! Again, notice the trend?) I love what they have done with the castle, it is just beautiful! After Wishes we went and rode Buzz, I got a score of 35,300...not bad for a newbie if you ask me! After Buzz we wandered back over to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan which turned out to be our last ride of the night. After that we parted way, I took the bus back to my resort and proceeded to pass out, I was tired!

Tomorrow's adventure....Breakfast with some real characters, lots of pixie dust and 3 parks in 1 day!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1917.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1389.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1388.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1433.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1451.jpg  

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Keep it coming!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I can't wait to see more!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

I guess I never bothered to count all the "new" things we did with you on the first day Rachel!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    For this time of year, you certainly did a lot in one day. Can't wait for the next installment.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great start!!! Thank you so much for Sharing and I can not wait till the next day!!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    sounds Great so far, can't wait to hear more!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Talking

Day #2 (Part #1) Sunday, December 16th

Another early morning as I boarded the bus to head back to the MK for breakfast at the Crystal Palace with Amanda and Amanda's DH. I'm not bit on eating a lot of sit-down meals while on vacation (I'd rather being off doing stuff ) but I loved the idea of a character meal. Our ADR was at 8:15, 45 minutes before park opening so Main Street USA was practically deserted at that time of day. It had been raining so the street was wet, but the sun was on its way out and I got some great shots of the Christmas tree and the castle.

Amanda and DH were already there and had checked us in, so it wasn't long before we were seated. We sat to the far right of the building, so we could see the "entrance" to Adventureland. We drank our orange juice and waited for Piglet and Eeyore to come by since our waitress said they would be by shortly. Eeyore was in a great mood since the sky was overcast and rainy, just how he liked it. After greeting the two, we got our food. Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal, I could eat it 3 times a day. I had bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, Pooh and Piglet shaped waffles and more While we were eating, Pooh and Tigger came by so we got to meet with them too. We even caught a couple of showings of the 100 Acre Wood Pooh-rade!

After breakfast, Amanda took her DH to get his hair cut at the Main Street Barbershop. He promised he would get pixie dust in his hair, but the barber was generous enough to give all 3 of us our own dose of pixie dust! After Brian's haircut was done, we decided to hop over to MGM since we had got a lot of the MK done the day before. On the way out, we ran into two of my favorite people in the whole world!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1483.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1485.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1484.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1487.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1488.jpg  

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Cute pics! I miss those big fluffy friends.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Talking

Day #2 (Part #2)

We arrived at MGM a little after lunchtime and grabbed FastPasses for TOT and then headed off to Rock 'N Roller Coaster. After RNR, we took a breather before TOT, grabbing some treats and I got my picture take by the Photopass photog in from of the big rockin' guitar (channeling my inner Gene Simmons )! Once it was time for our FP, we practically walked onto TOT. TOT is one my favorite rides, and we got an awesome go, lots of good drops and air time. After TOT we made our way over to the Great Movie Ride (we got the gangster, who was very good ) and then Muppet Vision 3-D (which was, guess what, another new one for me!) After MV 3-D, Amanda and DH decided to head back to their resort for some rest and lunch. I wanted to go to EPCOT for lunch, so Amanda and DH let me ride with them back to the Boardwalk (where they were staying) so that I could see the Christmas decor and then make my way over to EPCOT.

I shopped for a little bit on the Boardwalk, buying a new sweater and some new cropped pants and then walked over to the International Gateway. I passed the ESPN club and almost walked in since it was almost time for the Colts game, but decided not to since it looked a bit busy. (Plus I knew my step-dad was back here at home watching and he would call me periodically with updates ) After entering the International Gateway, I turned to the left and made my way to Canada. I caught the new O Canada! film (guess what, another first!), which I enjoyed quite a bit. I love Martin Short and think he's a great narrator. On my way out, I caught the Canadian Santa who was very funny.

After visiting Canada, I wandered over to Future World to check and see if Spaceship Earth was running with a soft opening....no such luck By this time it was getting dark and cold and I know I needed to try and get some Christmas shopping done so I hit MouseGear. It was packed to say the least. I must have been there at least an hour, but I managed to find gifts for almost everyone on my list (and having the option to have my purchases sent back to my resort was a major plus ) I was getting really hungry so I headed back to World Showcase, managing to catch the end of the tree lighting ceremony (and buying the Minnie Santa hat you will see in future pictures ) I rode the new Grand Fiesta Tour in the Mexico pavilion and caught the 3 Kings. And the mischevious elf in Norway.

I got dinner at Sommerfest in Germany, enjoying my favorite meal, bratwurst and sauerkraut (and then buying a nice comfy sweatshirt in Der Teddybär, which you'll see again too ) I then grabbed desert at Boulangerie Pátisserie in France before catching the boat back to MGM for extra-magic hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-disneyphotoimage76.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1521.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1523.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1525.jpg  

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome report so far, looking forward to the rest!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Wait a minute.....Amanda isn't an axe murderer???? Forget it then...I'm not even gonna try for a meet next December then!

Sounds like you've had a wonderful time so far Rachel!

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great day 2!! And great photos!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

Love the RNR picture!! I'm glad that was MY hug you were giving Tigger in that picture.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast