Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rachel's Post-Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Great Report and pics!! I was so upset I didn't get to see the christmas tree on main street but the day we where resort hopping we saw it over ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great Report and pics!! I was so upset I didn't get to see the christmas tree on main street but the day we where resort hopping we saw it over the main street station! And we didn't have park tickets that day so sad. Can't wait for the rest!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Day #2 (Part #3)

I had the opportunity to enjoy the Osborne Lights last year, and once again they did not dissapoint. I love how the entire Streets of America are covered in lights and with the snow falling...it's an atmosphere that should not be missed by anyone. Amanda and her DH were making their way to the lights while I took my time taking in everything. We evetually met up towards the back near Lights, Motor, Action. We walked around the back way and headed back towards TOT for another ride. I love TOT, but I think it's 1000 times better at night. I love the view of the studios with the sky all dark...and then you drop! After TOT we rode RNR again, which was fun since I was now loaded down with my purse, plus my purchases from the Boardwalk and my desert from France. It took some planning, but I managed to secure everything so it didn't get lost while rockin' and rollin' with Aerosmith. EMH was about over by then, but Amanda and DH stopped for a turkey leg and some chicken fingers while I just sat with them for a few minutes and chill. Then it was time to go. I headed out of the park and caught my bus back to my resort and another collapse into bed.

Tomorrow's adventures: Baby it's cold outside, I'm ready for my close-up and Scary Clowns!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1555.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1556.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1560.jpg  

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Sounds like you had fun Rachel!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I seriously I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for you to post Rachel!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Welcome back Adam! and Rachel I love the pics. I also loved the lights last year. They were great!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Day #3 (Part #1)

Okay so on Monday it was AM EMH at Animal Kingdom, which I really was planning on taking advantage of, but I was feeling a little sluggish that morning, so I didn't arrive till about 9am (regular park opening). However the crowds were light so it wasn't a big deal. I headed straight toward Expedition Everest and jumped right into the single rider line. I waited maybe 5 minutes before I ended up in the first row of the 2nd car, not a bad seat. EE was just as exciting as I remember it, a fantastic attraction. After I got off, I watched for a few minutes as trains would pop out of the mountain and fall down the hill.

I got so excited, I jumped back in the single rider line and went again and ended up in the exact same seat! This time after riding, I stopped in the shop and bought a shirt for my step-brother for Christmas and made my one-and-only pin trade of the trip (I traded a Cinderella pin for the UK flag Mickey-shaped pin you'll see on my lanyard). After riding EE for the second time, I made my way over to Dinosaur (and no one had to pay me either...*cough cough* Matt! *cough cough* ) The wait wasn't too bad, maybe 5-10 minutes. I loved the ride picture so much, I bought a copy of it. I didn't know anyone in the car, but everyone managed to make some sort of face and it was too funny to pass up. I'll have to try and scan it so ya'll can see it. After Dinosaur I thought about maybe trying to catch "Finding Nemo: The Musical" but I was getting really hungry and my feet and back kinda hurt. So I treked back to the bus and went back to my resort for lunch. Cause after lunch I had a very important appointment that I didn't want to miss at the Grand Floridian I did manage to spot Pluto and Goofy though on the way out, along with a couple of shots of the Christmas tree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1581.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1577.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1583.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1584.jpg  

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

Keep it coming

"All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Day #3 (Part #2)

So as I was saying in the previous posting, I had a very special appointment at the Grand Floridian. I was going to have a portrait session! I hadn't had professional photos done since my senior year of HS, so I was quite excited. So the general idea is this. You call the Disney Photopass desk that is on the 2nd floor of the GF and schedule your session. You can make appointments about 30 days out, but I actually didn't call until about 2 weeks out and still had my choice of times. They recommend scheduling toward the end of your trip (which I'll explain in a second why) so I made mine for that Monday (the 17th). My appointment was at 3:30 but they recommend showing up about 30 minutes ahead of time. When I showed up, they gave me a slip to take to the gift shop right next door to pre-pay for my session. Now you can do either just the sitting fee (which I think is about $50) and you have the buy what ever prints you want seperately. Or you can do what I did and buy the Photopass CD for $129. This gets you all the photos they take during the session, PLUS all the photos the park photographers have take during your trip (like my RNR photo). That way you have all your Photopass photos on the CD and have the rights to them and can print whatever you want and have the CD for forever and ever. Hence the reason to schedule toward the end of your trip (cause if you have any more Photopass pics taken, they can only update the CD one time for you).

Anyways, after paying, I met with my photographer who's name was Mickie (I am NOT kidding either ) She was really nice, not pushy at all. She'd ask to make sure I was comfortable or if there were any particular locations or poses I wanted to try. We started out in the stairway area, then worked our way outside the grounds, then back inside by the HUGE Christmas tree and the life-size gingerbread house (which is really, really cool if you've never seen it )

So here are just some of the pics (she took about 40-ish). They tell you to dress however you like, you don't have to get all formal if you don't want to. I changed my mind about a million times before deciding on an outfit (although the sweater was added later when the temp dropped from 70 degrees on Saturday to about 45-50 on Monday with a hefty breeze).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-disneyphotoimage71.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-disneyphotoimage62.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-disneyphotoimage61.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-disneyphotoimage55.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-disneyphotoimage53.jpg  

Day #3 (Part #3)

So after my portrait session, I wandered back down to the main floor to check out the gingerbread house even closer. I think I found all the Hidden Mickeys, but I'm not 100% sure. So after that (and buying a gingerbread man to snack on ) I hopped the monorail to the MK. I wasn't going to meet with Amanda that day so I decided I was going character hunting! As soon as I reached the MK, I hopped on the train and took it to Mickey's Toontown Fair and straight to Mickey's house! I wandered through Mickey's house taking a ton pictures and then hopped in line at the judge's tent to meet the main mouse!

Getting a hug!

Mickey and I comparing ears (I told him we're probably long lost cousins 5 times removed )

After meeting Mickey, I went through Minnie's house (again taking a ton of pics, Toontown is a great place for pics cause it's soooo colorful) and then off to the Hall of Fame to meet Mickey's friends. I'm not big on the princesses, so I opted for Minnie, Goofy and Pluto. The wait was 45 minutes (and it took every bit of that too) but since I wasn't in a hurry, I took the opportunity to just relax (and read Lou's and Steve Barrett's books that I had been carrying in my bag the entire trip )

I met this little girl in line who just happened to be celebrating her birthday. She was dressed as Cindy and had been to the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique so she was all sparkly and had a sash on and everything. Apparently they had already met the princesses, so now they were taking care of the other characters. When they let the next group in, we were at the front, so I let her go in front of me since it was her birthday

Getting Minnie's autograph (she liked my ears too! )

After meeing Minnie, the photographer for Pluto and Goofy gave me one of the Tinkerbell trading pins from the YOAMD. (You're supposed to get 2 and then give the 2nd to someone else to "pass along the magic") but since this guy wasn't part of the dream team he only had the one. He said it was for my collection (I had my lanyard on which was pretty full). So I had a mini-magic moment.

Now a couple of you got my text afterwards, so for those of you who don't know. I litterally had Pluto and Goofy fighting over me and who got to sign my autograph thing first. Two tall, dark, handsome and famous guys fighting over me, what more does a gal want? Pluto eventually won, but Goofy made sure he got a big hug in for good measure!

Debating who goes first

Now the room has spots for 3 characters, but since Goofy and Pluto were together, they had Wendel one of the Country Bears in the last spot. Good thing I had seen the CB a couple of days before otherwise I doubt I would have known who Wendel was. (On a side note, the photog for Wendel was the same photog I had about an hour before with Mickey. Small world ain't it? )

The true meaning of the term "bear hug"

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-disneyphotoimage27.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-disneyphotoimage23-1.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-disneyphotoimage20.jpg  

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I think my favorite photo from your session is of you sitting in front of the poinsettias. I hope that they "fix" the glare on your glasses. I wear glasses too and I'm always on the watch for that annoyance in my photos.
    Sounds like you had a great trip.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I love how the pictures turned out!

Great Pictures again Rachel! I loved the gingerbread house last year. Sounds fun!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Great report! I am having lots of fun reading!!

Maria
    Maria

heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My favorite pic was the one at the beach!!

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I love that you did a photo session. I have never heard of doing that and will definitely add it to my list of must do's next trip.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast