Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rachel's Post-Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Day #3 (Part #4) After hanging out with all my furry friends I grabbed myself some popcorn right outside Toontown and made my way over to Tomorrowland. For some reason, ...
    fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Talking

Day #3 (Part #4)

After hanging out with all my furry friends I grabbed myself some popcorn right outside Toontown and made my way over to Tomorrowland. For some reason, Space Mountain had been closed the other day, so I thought I go see if it's running. It was so I finished my popcorn and hopped in line. The wait was probably about 20 minutes, not bad (plus the que is inside which was nice cause it was getting cold). After SM I got my wristband for EMH and then headed off to Fantasyland. I thought about hopping in line for Ariel in her grotto, but the wait was almost 45 minutes. I like Ariel, but not that much. Maybe next time dear I did try to take some pics of the statues of Ariel and Sebatian, but the lighting was just not cooperating. Oh well.....

So I was making my way thru Fantasyland toward Liberty Square when I stopped and did the unthinkable....I rode It's A Small World I did it partly because it was cold (and the whole thing is inside) but also cause I'm a scrapbooker, and IASM makes for some very colorful pictures. I sat on the left side of the boat, so next time I'm going to try and sit on the right and see what other kind of shots I can get.

After IASM, I wandered over to the Haunted Mansion. About the same time Amanda texted me saying that she and DH were watching Illuminations from their room. The only witty retort I could think of was that the HM had no wait Which was true, the only wait was for them to open the doors to let us in which took a whole 2 minutes. Again, I love the updates. The sound is incredible and all the effects with the enhanced color, I swear I was seeing ghosts that I'm sure had been there the entire time but had been lost in the darkness so you'd never know they were there. After HM I thought about hitting the Hall of Presidents, but as I left I saw that the street had been blocked off for the parade. I had only seen bits of Spectromagic before, so I figured since I was here, why not stop and see the whole thing. Right near the HOP a family with some small kids had camped out sitting on the sidewalk, so I just stood behind them and saw the entire thing. Not bad for showing up 10 minutes before parade time. I especially liked the Fantasia floats, which has been one of my favorite movies and I'm glad to see it's not being forgotten. I texted Amanda later telling her I saw her favorite scary clowns, she just responded that now her life was complete

After Spectro, I was going to go and try and hit Pirates, but I was cold and my back was starting to hurt. And since I knew that the next day was my last and I had a lot to do, I figured it was best to just head back to my room and try and rest so I wasn't miserable. It was kinda nice cause I could see most of Wishes from the bus stop outside the MK, they really should consider pumping the music out there for the full effect. After a 45 minute bus ride (our driver got lost....twice!) I finally made it back to Pop and my room. I soaked in a hot bath for a while and then hit the hay.

Tomorrow's adventure: Around the world in 180 minutes and snow on Main Street USA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1657.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1658.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1672.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1676.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1694.jpg  

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    Great TR !! I am loving all of your photos and your photos that the photographer took were fantastic!!

What kind of camera do you have that you are taking your personal photos with? If you do not mind me asking.
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

It's a Nikon Coolpix I bought back in the spring/summer. 7.1 megapixels with a 2.4" LCD monitor so I can see exactly what I just shot. I love it.
    Last edited by fungus_01; 01-02-2008 at 04:05 PM.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    The pictures are nice and vibrant, even at night! Nice shots!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Nice pics!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Talking

Day #4 (Part #1)

My last day at WDW After a good night's rest I was determined to take advantage of it. It was morning EMH at Epcot so I got out of bed and after filling my mug with hot chocolate I got on the bus. It seemed like everyone and their mother was determined to ride Soarin first, so I grabbed a fastpass and headed to Test Track instead The wait for TT was not long at all, I practially walked on. It was awesome as usual (if not a little chilly for that early in the morning and going that fast )

My Soarin time still wasn't for a while so after TT I did The Seas With Nemo and Friends. Amanda's running joke with Nemo is whenever she hears "Where are you Nemo" her response is "Check the Japan pavilion on someone's plate" I had to laugh cause that's exactly what I thought of when I rode it.

After Nemo I did Figment, one of my favorite rides! Since I have no memories of the original attraction, I'm not in the same camp as many others who would like to see it restored to its original glory. However I love Eric Idle, so I love the attraction the way it is.

After Figment (and waving quite exhubertly to Miss Jeanne as I exited the ride as she was working the off-loading area) it was time for Soarin. Since I had a fastpass I didn't really get to see the new video screens the put up in the que, but from what I could see it looked pretty cool. After Soaring I did Living With The Land. I love seeing all the plants and stuff growing in the greenhouse. And for those of you who haven't gone during Christmas time, if you ever do pay close attention when you pass by the herb plants (orgeno, parsley, etc.). I don't know if they do this every year, but I thought it was pretty neat.

After The Land I wandered back toward Nemo for what felt like the hundreth time, but I finally got the photo I was wanting.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1707.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1709.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1723.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1742.jpg  

Great report again!

Talking

Day #4 (Part #2)

By this time World Showcase was opening so I went wandering hoping to find lunch in the process. I started in Mexico and slowly made my way around WS, taking my time and really trying to take in the atmosphere of each country.

I had already visited Mexico the previous day, but I did have to stop when I spotted Donald! At this point I had 4 of the Fab Five and Donald was the only one missing. He's not an easy duck to find and I even told Donald as such, all he could say is that he had been there the whole time! Now I'll tell ya'll this story, but I'll have to try and get some pics up for you to see it to get the full effect. I made this tote bag for all the characters to sign. It was just beige fabric and I decorated the front with puffy paints and patches and then the characters could sign the back. I had just enough space for Donald's siggy right near Mickey's. If any of you have ever seen Donald's autograph, he always signs his name and then "#1". This time after writing the #1, he drew an arrow over to Mickey's signature and wrote #2!!! Cheeky duck!

After Donald I went on to Norway and rode the Maelstrom, where I proceeded to get stuck on it...in two different places! The boat got stuck the first time right where the giant troll sends you backwards down the hill. And then we got stuck again at the bottom of the hill where you get going facing forward again. Both times we had no soundtrack which kinda ruined the atmosphere. But it kicked back in again and we finished the ride. I was happy to get gone though.

After getting trapped with the Vikings (yah!) I headed off to China. I wandered thru the shops and then I was passing by the movie building I saw a small group of people staring at one of the ponds. There was this single white crane sitting in the water just staring. It was obvious that he was trying to hunt down a fish but after a couple of tries, no luck. So I joined the crowd and watched as the crane tried to get himself some lunch.

Waiting....

Diving...

Success!

After China I passed by Germany but didn't really stop till I got to Italy where I caught one of the World Showcase players, a juggler who's name unfortunately escapes me at the moment (I want to say it's Sergio or something) He was quite talented and very funny.

Spaceship Earth from the bridge in the Italy pavilion

Sergio(?)

After Italy I made my way further around WS without any major stops until I hit the UK.

The American Adventure

Me in Morocco

By the time I hit the UK I was really hungry, so I decided I would try the Rose & Crown for lunch. I gave them my name and while I waited for my table I caught another part of the World Showcase Players, this time with a hillarious rendition of A Christmas Carol.

Mr. Scrooge (They picked him from the crowd and he was such a good sport about it)

After my lunch of shepherd's pie (which was very good!) I shopped (getting presents for my dad and my best friend's fiance) and then caught The British Invasion. I am a HUGE Beatles fan and they are one of the best cover bands I have heard. There was this little girl who couldn't have been more than 3 who was climbing the steps...a little Beatles fan in the making.

Great pic with Donald Rach! I love that story that you told about him and what a great idea!

I got my pic with Donald in AK. (See my trip report.)

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great pics and more great TR.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    WOW what great pictures! I LOVE THE BAG IDEA!!!!!! and the photo session is awesome! my family and i are hoping to go in november and im soooo gonna do that! thanks for the idea. did yu really do disney by yurself? thats cool if yu did. not sure i could do that, but after reading yur trip report i want to!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Sounds like great fun Rachel! And you packed a lot in for only 4 days. It usually takes me 10. I hope I get to spend 4 days in Feb doing just what you did!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Talking

Day #4 (Part #3)

So after seeing The British Invasion it was 3:30-ish and I knew that I would be able to get into the MK with my Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party ticket after 4 so I headed out of EPCOT and hopped on the monorail. I did make one last stop before at the Art of Disney store right near SSE (which still wasn't open, so no soft opening ride for me ) and bought a friend a birthday present. And I also stopped to find my mom and I's Leave-A-Legacy tile.

After stopping at the monorail station at the TTC, I jumped on the next monorail and made a quick stop at the GF so that the Photopass folks could update my CD. They could only update it once, so I waited till the last possible moment so that I made sure that I had all of my Photopass pics on the disk. Somehow, when I got back on the monorail to head to the MK, I managed to get a car all to myself! That was pretty cool.

I texted Amanda when I got to the MK, but she and DH hadn't arrived yet. As soon as I emerged from under the train station I caught the Family Fun Day Parade. As Lou I think has mentioned on the podcast, it's really a throw-away parade which I'm sure doesn't cost Disney much to put on. But it's certainly fun to see every day people get to participate (although some of the littler kids looked a little tired by the time they reached the square).

Daisy!

Chip!

After the parade I spied Amanda and her DH walking through the square, so after ambushing them we wandered off to explore. We hit Space Mountain (which included an interesting experience with the Fastpass system, but I'll save that for another post....long story), the CoP (and proceeded to get stuck ), a snack in Fantasyland (more fries!), the TTA, the Laugh Floor (I wanna be that guy!), Buzz Lightyear, the carousel (I taught Amanda how to find Cinderella's horse ), Pirates, Snow White (and guess what, we got stuck!), the Haunted Mansion, got our cookie & hot chocolate in Liberty Square, saw most of the parade, Big Thunder Mountain, saw the Holiday Wishes (which are super awesome ), and got to meet Belle & The Beast, and Captain Hook & Mr. Smee.

Me with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee

We wants the red head!

Me with Belle & The Beast

Eventually it got late and since I had to get up early to catch ME to the airport, I had to head back to my resort. So I hugged and parted ways with Amanda and DH. On the way out, I managed to catch one last character.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1815.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1819.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1822.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1879.jpg   Rachel's Post-Trip Report!-dscn1899.jpg  

Last edited by fungus_01; 01-08-2008 at 07:37 PM.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great TR Rachel!! Thanks for telling us about your great trip.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my trip report! I had the best time on this trip and am so glad that I could share it with all of you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234