Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Christmas Week Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Christmas Week 2007 Let me say that after just returning from Walt Disney World it seemed this Christmas Week was the most crowded I can remember. We utilized EMH in ...
    unc23 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Christmas Week Trip Report

Christmas Week 2007

Let me say that after just returning from Walt Disney World it seemed this Christmas Week was the most crowded I can remember. We utilized EMH in the mornings at Magic Kingdom and that definitely helped out. We made our way through Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, and into Frontierland getting most rides finished before 10 AM. But by about 10 AM the park was close to capacity (and even reached capacity on New Year’s Eve) and that began our trek to finishing up some of the lesser rides for us. We then ate a quick lunch and headed back to Animal Kingdom Villas for a swim.

The weather this year was unbelievable reaching record highs into the upper 80’s. Our biggest mistake was over packing. We took 4-5 sweatshirts for the AM and PM but there was really only one day that it was cold enough to wear them.

I can say that Walt Disney World during the Holiday season offers some of the most beautiful scenery I can recall. You truly get the feeling of the Holiday spirit at every park and resort.

Back to the “Peak Season” info…..We tried to make some last minute Dining Reservations and there were very few openings- most only had a table for two, or dinner at 9:30 PM. We heard many people at the parks or on the bus telling others that they were planning on walking up and eating at Cinderella’s Royal Table, even though they didn’t have reservations. That is the biggest mistake people make during the peak seasons….thinking that you can just walk up and eat at any table service restaurant you want. It seems now that it is almost mandatory to make your ADR’s as close to the 180 day mark as you can.

Another Peak Season thing that drives us nuts was the pool. Since it was so warm, many people went down to the pool and “reserved” chairs for their family by placing a towel over the chair at 8 AM. Nevermind that those people did not stay in their chairs, rather they would go back up to their rooms, eat breakfast, or even head to a park, then return. Yes we have overheard others say that. Those are just some examples of the peak season at Walt Disney World.

For my money I would say that the Castle Lighting Show might be one of the best things Disney has come up with in a while. My first thought was that placing lights on the castle would take away from its beauty, but I was wrong. I cannot do it justice as to how amazing it looks in person. It really gives you the feeling of ice covering the castle.

Also during Peak Season, FASTPASSES were gone for the day at most E-Ticket rides before noon. The average wait time for rides like Soarin’, or Space Mountain ran about 140 minutes. That is not as bad as I have seen in the past, but still two hours to wait for any ride is crazy. I saw so many people look at each other and comment how come people are going in the “other line” (FASTPASS). It is crazy that people do not utilize FASTPASS or even take the time to read their park map to understand how it works.

Finally, as with any Disney vacation, the joy of the trip, turns to a bit of sadness as you realize you have to head back to the real world again. Like most Disney fans though, that begins the task again of planning for our next trip (for us during another peak season), and the anticipation that it brings. As Mickey says, “See ya real soon!”
    The #1 Weekly Newsletter for Disney Information. Make sure to sign up to receive our weekly Disney newsletter:

http://wdwnewsletter.com

enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Sounds like you had fun!!! What about pics?

Maria
    Maria

unc23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi Maria. h we had a great time. On my website I have some Animal Kingdom Villa Pictures of the new building being constructed, so feel free to check them out. As for others, we took......314 pictures LOL! I was planning on putting them on my website, but 314 LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you would like to receive our newsletter shoot me an email: unc6@hotmail.com

Maria if I can narrow down some pics, I will gladly post them.
    The #1 Weekly Newsletter for Disney Information. Make sure to sign up to receive our weekly Disney newsletter:

http://wdwnewsletter.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    My sister and her friend went to Epcot on New Years Eve. They waited 3 hours to ride Soar'n. The crowds in the parks were heavier than I remembered as well, but I think a lot of that had to do with the fantastic weather and we never went to a park after December 19th. We went to Downtown Disney on the 26th and the crowds were much heavier than I've experienced.

Magic Kingdom closed by 10:30 on Christmas Day, and from what my sister said, I wouldn't be surprised if Epcot came close to capacity on New Years Eve.

Thanks for sharing your trip. It's always fun to hear how people spent their time.

We had the same "pool chair" experience when going to Grand Canaria in November. People staked out their claims by 8:00 AM even though their were signs clearly stating that it wasn't allowed. i guess some people don't have to follow the rules.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.