Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Tiffany's Trip to Natural Chimney's in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay so this is my TR to Natural Chimney's! Hope you enjoy it! We were up at 5:30 this morning... got ready and packed the car. We left around 7:30. ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Tiffany's Trip to Natural Chimney's

Okay so this is my TR to Natural Chimney's! Hope you enjoy it!

We were up at 5:30 this morning... got ready and packed the car. We left around 7:30. We pull out the driveway and my dad relizes he doesn't have his glasses so he runs back in to get them. We want to stop at WaWa to get some hot drinks and I got a icey . Anyway after that we left and were on our way. WELL we got on the road and there's a abandoned house from 1850 anyway in the driveway by the road I swear I saw a skeleton so I was a little creepied out! Im sure it was just a animal that had probably been hit a while ago but still not something you would really like to see.
    So we took VA 6 up to the mountains, very beautiful towns and pastures. We really enjoyed our ride up there until we had been driving for 2 1/2 hours!
    So we finally start to see the mountains! And before we know it our ears were popping, lol. We saw this sad marker on the side of the road.
    We saw Wintergreen ski resort and saw lots of snow lol.
    And we saw a train!
    The farther we got in the mountains the more ice and snow we saw. They had got alot of ice yesterday. Branches had been broke and down in the rode so we had to be careful!

We went through two other really small towns and then we got to Natural Chimney's!!! We had to pay $6 for a park fee, the store wasn't opened yet so we put it in the "Honor Box".

It looked like we had entered a ice wonderland. We had to go to the bathroom but all of them were locked so we couldn't go . Then we saw them... lol here is a chimney out in front of the park.

We walked around and looked at all the chimney's and we unfortunatly saw a frozen toad... it was huge! And gross .
    We saw the jouseting field where they have a huge meeting every 3rd saturday in August. So we walked around and had to leave to find a restroom. this was some cute lambs!!
    We ended up stopping at a "Sheetez" gas station to use the RR and get gas, we look over to the side and see a HUGE abandoned building. I thought this was odd, you see the blue orb in the picture, it wasn't there when I took it... any way here is the buildings... [IMG]
    We took some pictures and went to a tourist info place and asked them what it was... they said that it was built in the 20's and was used as a TB hospital, a children's hospital, a girl's school, and a Insaine Asylum. Now it closed and the muesum was going to renovate it but they don't have the money because it has Lead and Espestice in it, so unfortunatly it will be coming down in the future . We then came home and crashed on the sofa... we were sooo tired but it was a WONDERFUL day!!! Hope you enjoyed the pictures and TR. Im adding the pictures soon!
    Last edited by lilo88; 02-02-2008 at 11:18 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

here are the rest of the pictures

these were taken from a overlook on 64

Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Were you guys literally the only people there? That asylum looks like it would make a really nice little house. It is too bad it looks like there is nothing else in that little town. Glad you had a fun day.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    Were you guys literally the only people there? That asylum looks like it would make a really nice little house. It is too bad it looks like there is nothing else in that little town. Glad you had a fun day.
    There wasn't to many people out there in those parts. There was in the more populated areas. Oh I saw a cute little post office in one town, it reminded me of you in your little town post office! lol. Yeah that asylum looked like it would have been a good place to go or make a resort out of it . There was more places back on the main road, like the VA school for the Defth and blind. And Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitaion center. Thanks for stopping bye to look!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    It looks like you had a great time Tiffany! Nice pictures too!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've always seen signs for Natural Chimneys but never knew what it was, thanks for showing us
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    It looks like you had a great time Tiffany! Nice pictures too!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny View Post
    I've always seen signs for Natural Chimneys but never knew what it was, thanks for showing us
    Thank you, and your welcome
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    i really love the first picture you posted, very pretty. glad you guys had a lot of fun--it looks like a really neat place
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thanks, that picture was took when we were leaving town, going over the James River.

I just found out that I have so many sp errors... so sorry for that!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member