Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Olmec's Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Well, here it is: the long-awaited trip report! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed doing it!!! TAYLOR’S TRIP REPORT DAY ONE – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5, ...
    olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett

Olmec's Trip Report

Well, here it is: the long-awaited trip report! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed doing it!!!

TAYLOR’S TRIP REPORT

DAY ONE – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2005

5:00 pm finally came. I departed from my house to go to Armstrong International for my flight. Destination: Orlando, Florida. I arrived at the airport at 5:30, and met up with the family that I would be traveling with. We checked our baggage, got our boarding passes, and went to the beginning of the terminal. My parents said goodbye to me, and I’m very proud of my mother: she didn’t cry! We went to our gate and, about an hour later, boarded the plane. When we landed in Orlando, we took a taxi van (we had 6 people and 9 bags!) to our next stop. Destination: Port Canaveral, Florida. We arrived there, and checked into our hotel. It wasn’t a very nice hotel, so I won’t say the name here (but those suites were not of very good quality, if you know what I mean!). we went to bed, anxiously awaiting the next day.

Stay tuned...Day Two is on it's way!!!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

As promised, here's Day Two!

DAY TWO – SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2005 – TAYLOR’S 15TH BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me…. I woke up on Day Two, and received a multitude of birthday greetings for my family away from my family. I then proceeded to call my mom, dad, and little sister, and they all gave me birthday greetings, too! We ate breakfast, and got another taxi van. Destination: The Terminal. We pulled up, and we saw it: The Disney Wonder! I was so excited! We got through security, and Disney must have known that I was coming – they were playing my favorite Disney song, The Main Street Electrical Parade! We got in line, and watched Episodes One and Two of Season One of The Apprentice. The mouse-shaped doors opened, and we got on the ship to the announcement of our arrival. We then went over to Parrot Cay to eat, and I got my first autograph in 7 years: Goofy and Max! My friends and I then explored the ship, and at 1:30 we went into our stateroom. And, lo and behold, there were “Happy Birthday” decorations all over the room, and a birthday cake with a note from my mom, dad, and sister! I called them immediately, and that’s when my mom lost it. I then got calls from both sets of grandparents, several aunts, my cousin, and two friends…cell phone was a little busy in that first hour! Afterwards, we went up to Deck 9 for the Sail Away Party, and the smokestack did something I never would have thought of: it actually played the opening notes of “When You Wish Upon A Star”! Then we went back down to the room, got dressed, and went to dinner at Animator’s Palate, the black and white restaurant. It is so cool how the restaurant changes colors as you eat! At the end, I got the ceremonial birthday cake and button. So what if the cake said “TYLER” instead of “TAYLOR”…it’s the thought that counts! We then went to Mickey Mania, and it turns out you need a parent and a child…grrr…. Next, it was Hercules: The Muse-ical. Funny show, and the best jokes of the night: “Ladies and gentlemen, from the home office in Celebration, Florida, here is tonight’s Top Five List!” and “…so I told Martha Stewart buy low, sell high, and erase that phone message!” Then we went to bed, looking forward to the next day. I had a very happy birthday indeed.
    Coming up after the break...Day Three of Taylor's Trip!!!
    -Taylor

Welcome back to Taylor's Trip Report! We now present Day Three of the Trip!

DAY THREE – MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2005 – LUNDI GRAS

Happy Lundi Gras, everybody! The day before the big day! We woke up, went out on the balcony, and saw Nassau. The family I was with didn’t like Nassau very much when they went last time, so we stayed on the boat. The entire boat to ourselves. What to do next…we spent the day roaming around the ship. My friend got her hair braided, and then we found out that my other friend was staying in a suite. And not just any suite, mind you…the Roy O. Disney Suite!

Moment of silence.

OK, moment’s over! We immediately ran to the suite and took a tour: Long hallway from the front door leads to the Living Room. Off the hallway there is a bathroom, a bar, and a door to the Master Bedroom. From the Living Room, going to the left through the sliding doors, there is the Dining Room, with a doorway to the balcony. On the other side of the Dining Room, there is a door leading to the Guest Bedroom, which has two twin beds on the floor and two more that fold out of the ceiling. It also has a private bathroom, complete with Jacuzzi tub. Back to the Living Room. There’s a sofa, coffee table, TV, refrigerator, ice box, VCR, DVD player, CD player, and various books including Sherlock Holmes and The Odyssey. On the right through another pair of sliding doors, there is another “Living Room,” this time with 2 armchairs, a small TV, and books. There is also a Murphy bed that folds out of the wall. On the left is a door to the balcony, on the right is another pair of sliding doors leading to the Master Bedroom. It has a king size bed, TV, and private bath, again complete with shower and Jacuzzi tub. The Guest Bedroom and Master Bedroom both have walk-in closets. The suite can sleep 8 people. There were 3 people in the room. We spent a good amount of time there, and then we got ready to eat dinner. Tonight was the special “Pirates In The Caribbean” dinner and party. We ate again in Animator’s Palate, and it was a good dinner. The servers did a special “Pirates” parade, and we all joined in. We then went to reserve seats for Mike Super, the most amazing magician I have ever seen in my life. Visit his website at www.mikesuper.com, and look for my picture on there soon! He performed several illusions at that show, and they were all done excellently. He’s also a very nice guy, as I got to meet him later on. More on that as it develops. Anyway, after the amazing magic show, it was off to the Pirates In The Caribbean Party! Plenty of food, dancing, and many cameras a’ rolling. Our group decided to go up to the basketball court afterwards. We played the good ol’ “Roll The Ball” game. After that was over, we went to see National Treasure in the Buena Vista Theatre, always a good movie. Then it was bedtime, for Mardi Gras was the next day.

Another commercial-free day of the Trip Reportis coming up...
    -Taylor

Sorry for the delay, everyone! Here's Day Four of Taylor's Trip:

DAY FOUR – TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2005 – MARDI GRAS – CASTAWAY CAY

Happy Mardi Gras, everyone! We woke up today bright and early, ate breakfast at Beach Blanket Buffet, and went down to the Deck 1 Aft gangway. We were excited to get on the island, when the adults in our party remembered that they needed their Keys to the World to get off. We all went back up to Deck 6 Aft to get their Keys, and then went back to the gangway. All right? Not so fast. They also needed their photo ID’s, so they went back up to the rooms and the kids stayed down below. When they arrived back at the gangway, we departed from the ship and stepped onto the most beautiful place known to man – Castaway Cay! We’re walking up the trail, and there is a Hurricane Memorial proudly declaring “FRANCIS WAS HERE.” Also added in there in a different color were the words “AND JEANNE.” That’s why we love Disney! They make something as bad as a Category 5 hurricane seem funny! Anyway, we go up to the Post Office and are immediately greeted by Chip and Dale. We all got autographs and pictures, and then we did something that lets you know for sure that you are on Disney property: Took a tram with a pre-recorded narration. We arrived at the beach, and our party of 5 families got some chairs and umbrellas. The 11 kids got in the water (which was freezing), and swam to the in-water playground. A big sign reads “14 AND UNDER ONLY.” D’oh! My friend started laughing so hard, and I said, “I’m 14 today. My birthday wasn’t Sunday, what are you talking about?” Anyway, we ran on the play set, jumped in the water, and got really cold. The kids decided to rent inner tubes, so we went down on a 5 minute walk to get them. Some of the smaller ones then wanted to play train, so I agreed to be their engine. Well, I got more than I bargained for. All 10 of the others decided to join in, so I pulled 10 people in inner tubes around the water playground 3 times. It was a workout, especially when I had to swim around the back because the water was too deep. Even more of a workout was when one of the smaller ones decided that he didn’t want his tube anymore, so he climbed onto another’s tube and let his float away. Normally, I wouldn’t have cared, but we had to pay for that tube or else face the penalties that Disney would have in store for us (riding “it’s a small world” for 6 hours straight). Since I was the best swimmer out there, I had to swim the 300 yards or so in the ocean with a strong current to go get the tube, which was floating father away with every stroke. I got it eventually, and then went up to the beach and rested. Phew. Next up, lunch! Get this – free! Yep, that’s the beauty of a Disney island – free food! I ate all I could, and then 3 dads and the kids went to do the Jet Ski tour. That was an experience. We skied right up to the Wonder, went around it, and stopped in the middle of the ocean. We then went on to a sandbar, where we learned about the history of the Bahamas. We then jet skied the 8 or so miles back to the island, going very fast and almost losing our hats. Well, the little pones wanted to play train again, so I dragged them around for 2 laps this time. By then, it was time to re-board the ship and say “See you real soon!” to Castaway Cay. And I really will see it real soon – I hope. Back onboard, we got ready for dinner in Parrot Cay, which was awesome. We then went to “Who Wants To Be A Mousekeeter?” and I knew all the questions – but I didn’t make it into the Hot Seat (it was a random process, and I didn’t get picked). After that, we saved seats for the Golden Mickeys. One of the adults suggested that we go get interviewed on the Jumbotron, so that’s what we did. Of anyone else was on that ship, we were the ones who all had stripes (except for one person) and supported Pluto (tremendous upset!). Anyway, after our interview, we entered the theatre to tremendous applause – from our group. The show was a great show, and they should put it somewhere in WDW where more people can see it. After that, we went walking around the ship, and then decided to go to the Roy O. Disney Suite to watch a movie (they have a whole list of movies, and they’ll bring them to you free of charge). We also decided that this would be a good time to eat my 2 cakes which we had saved, and they were superb. We watched Mr. Deeds, and it was as funny as ever. Then, it was bedtime, as we had to wake up early tomorrow to get ashes for Ash Wednesday at 8:45. Once again, happy Mardi Gras, everybody!

Stay tuned for scenes from our next day!
    -Taylor

Sorry for my delays, I can now access a computer only on the weekends. Nevertheless, here is Day Five of the trip!

DAY FIVE – WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2005 – ASH WEDNESDAY – DAY AT SEA

We woke up at about 8:30, quickly got showered and dressed, and ran down to the Buena Vista Theatre for the Ash Wednesday service. It was about 5 minutes long, so we went to Parrot Cay afterwards for breakfast. After breakfast, it was a game of explore-the-ship until 11. Then, it was back down to the movie theatre for a screening of The Incredibles. Always a good movie. It let out at around 12:30, so the 11 or so kids went up to eat at Beach Blanket Buffet. After a superb lunch that had no meat, the kids saved seats for Disney Dreams while the adults were still getting their spa treatments done. When 2:00 rolled around, we saw Disney Dreams. After seeing that show, I just have one thing to say: Oh my God! That show was incredible! Show of hands, who else gets chills when Mickey and Minnie appear onstage to a loud fanfare of music? After a spectacular performance, my friend and I went up to Aloft and saw Mike Super performing magic again. He is the greatest I have ever seen. Again, his website is www.mikesuper.com, and I suggest that everyone see him at some point in their life. At the end, he did this really cool trick where all 20 of us in the room signed a card. He then placed the card in the middle of the deck, rubber-banded it together, and threw the cards up to the ceiling. Of course, the cards came down, still rubber-banded together, except the card that we all signed was stuck to the ceiling. Yep, you read that correctly. It ain’t comin’ down any time soon. After that, my friend and I competed in their crappy version of The Amazing Race. We lost, but that was only because the host read us a clue that we had previously done…long story. By then, it was time for dinner, so we went down to our room, when we got a phone call from our friends in the Roy O. Disney Suite. They said that they could get Palo via room service, and were wondering if all the kids would like to go eat there that night. Well, we immediately ran over there, and we ordered right away. It would take about an hour to arrive, so we all went down to Wave Bands to see Mike Super’s Family Magic Show. Again, he was amazing. After another spectacular performance by Mike, we went back to the Roy O. Disney Suite, where Palo awaited for us at the dining room table. The kids feasted in the room, while the adults feasted up at the actual restaurant. The little ones wanted to watch a movie, so we read them the list, and they choose – keeping in mind that we’re on a Disney ship – Shark Tale. Well, I had no interest in that at all, so I let the four-year-old entertain me throughout the first 2/3 of the movie, and we started giving massages for the last third of it. By that time, it was late, and we had to wake up very early the next morning – we were going to my stomping ground the next day, and I would get to talk to my parents! We said goodnight, went back to our stateroom, and went to bed, for the next day was my triumphant return home after not being there for one and a half years.

Day Six is on it's way...
    -Taylor

Here's Day Six, and it's a beauty!

DAY SIX – THURSDAY, FEBUARY 10, 2005 – DEBARKATION OF THE DISNEY WONDER – WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT

I woke up at 6:45 that morning, looked out our balcony, and saw that we were docked. I grabbed my cell phone, turned it on, and dialed my home number as fast as I could. I talked to my parents for about 15 minutes, and then had to hang up, with the promise that I would call them later. We got dressed, did the ceremonial Final Room Check, and left the stateroom for the last time. We ate a quick breakfast at Beach Blanket, and then debarked the ship. Goodbye, Disney Wonder – I’ll miss you! Anyway, when we were back on the mainland, we got our bags, went outside, and got in the limo bus. That was nice; I had never been in one before! We started on our way home, and I bored everyone with useless trivia stuff – no, not really. I was bored because everyone else on that bus, from the four year old to the guys and girl my age, had either a Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, or iPod. I had nothing. I realized halfway through, however, that I did have something: the first season of The Apprentice. I borrowed my friend’s laptop, and watched that until we got within sight of that glorious sign that spans the Interstate: “WELCOME TO WALT DISNEY WORLD”. I was now shaking, as it had been so long since I had been home. Yes, I know, I’m a dork. We got to All-Star Music (we had been moved from All-Star Sports) and waited a little while there. We had to make sure all the bags were brought to the correct room (we checked in at Celebrity Hall because we were with the cheerleaders), and we waited for about an hour. After my friend and I got our tickets, we mad a dash from Rock Inn, past the Piano Pool, through the courtyard of the Jazz Inn, around the Calypso Pool, and through Melody Hall. We arrived at the bus station, and the bus to the Magic Kingdom arrived in about 15 minutes. We got on, and I started a very nice conversation with the bus driver. That’s how you know you’re on Disney property! He was giving us updates on Typhoon Lagoon, Soarin’, and all the other things going on. When we passed through the Magic Kingdom toll booth, I started getting excited. It was coming. It was almost here. I saw Monorail Black, and I got overwhelmed with joy. Then came the spires of Space Mountain and the tip of Cinderella Castle. I whooped with excitement, and when we got out, I was greeted with a pleasant surprise: the floral Mickey outside Main Street Station consisted of purple and gold flowers. My response: “GEAUX TIGERS!” We passed through security, and went into the Magic Kingdom. First thing I did, I found the Spot, but didn’t get a picture in it. We were rushed, and we said we’d take it on Sunday when we came back. Well, we didn’t get back on Sunday, so I don’t have it. But I was there, Lou, I was there! As I was walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA, stepping in time all the while, I sang the two Main Street songs: “Walking Right Down The Middle of Main Street, USA” and “Step In Time.” Cindy’s had some decorations up, which was nice. It’s so much better than the Cake-stle. We wanted to do The Haunted Mansion first, but we decided to get a Fastpass for Splash Mountain. Well, the wait was 15 minutes, and we just rode that. We found the two HMs in that ride that we knew of, and then plunged down 52 feet into a Briar Patch. I got soaked, my camera got soaked, everything got soaked. We then walked over to Liberty Square to drop in on the 999 happy haunts in the Haunted Mansion, but it was broken down. The CM out front gave us the clever excuse of “Some of the ghosts escaped, and it’s not as much fun with 500 ghosts as it is with 999.” Logical reasoning, so we walked to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain, which had a 10 minute wait. I love going during Mardi Gras week. After a trip through space, we rode the TTA, which is as delightful as ever. We then met up with some of the parents and other kids and rode Stitch’s Great Escape. I think I fell asleep in that ride, it was so boring. Yawn. Stretch. Ok, now that I was full of energy, we rode the Haunted Mansion – finally! There are no words to describe how much I love this ride. It is pure Disney genius. After I mixed and mingled with all 999 happy haunts, we stopped at the cart outside the Mansion to look. Well, it was the 4th day on the job for the CM who was working there, so I gave him some business by buying the Haunted Mansion CD and a license plate that reads “DOOM BUGY.” After that, it was over to Adventureland for a ride on the world famous Jungle Cruise. Our guide was incredibly funny, and he did impressions of Napoleon Dynamite in the beginning. They were dead-on, and he even let me finish his jokes, proving once and for all that I can be a Jungle Cruise Skipper when I work at WDW! There was even a new joke this go round: when we went into the temple, he started singing the song from Willy Wonka when they are going down the chocolate river: “There is no earthly way of knowing, in which direction we are going, so long the rowers keep on rowing…Daddy, I want a boat like this!” Very funny jokes as always. We then went to go visit those really bad eggs, the pirates of the Caribbean on Pirates of the Caribbean. Always a fantastic voyage, and I was again reminded that dead men tell no tales. After visiting with the Pirates, we took the Monorail over to Epcot. We arrived there at about 6:45. Future World, with the exception of Test Track and Mission: SPACE closed at 7. We went to see if we could get a FP for TT, and we saw that Mission: SPACE had a 5 minute wait. We killed ourselves to keep us from going on it, but we had about 10 minutes to see if we could FP TT, and then run over to UoE to catch the last show. Well, the FPs for TT were all gone (that’s a shock), so we made it in time for Ellen. We arrived with about 3 minutes to spare, and we still got one of the few benches. That’s saying something. We rode Ellen, which was hilarious, and we then went to Mission: SPACE, which had a 5 minute wait still. I whooped for joy, and got in the line, which was a far scarier experience than the ride itself with all the “motion sickness, enclosed dark spaces, simulators, or spinning” warnings that they kept playing. When we got into our briefing room, I was very nervous. I was to be the Commander for my first flight, and it was the most realistic ride I have ever been on. Ever. I loved it! We got outside, and ran right back in line. After we rode it again, we went to Test Track and rode that on Single Riders. We still ended up in the same car, and it was a blast. We then took the Monorail to the TTC, and then the Resort Monorail to the Contemporary. Someone in our party was having a birthday, so we celebrated it at California Grill. The food was excellent, and afterwards, we went on the balcony for about a minute and decided that it was too cold. We had to take a taxi back to All-Star Music because the TTC doesn’t have busses to resorts at midnight. When we got there, we went to bed immediately, as we knew that we’d be up until at least midnight the next night, as we would have the Magic Kingdom all to ourselves.

On Day Seven...the Magic Kingdom to ourselves, including a special surprise! Stay tuned for all the exciting things to come!
    -Taylor

Here's Day Seven, and this was the best day I have ever had in WDW!

DAY SEVEN – FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2005 – WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT – MAGIC KINGDOM AFTER HOURS PARTY

We woke up at about 7:30, and my friend and I decided to hit Epcot first, as we did Magic Kingdom first yesterday. When we arrived at Epcot, we FP’ed Test Track, which was about 2 hours away. We hit Mission: SPACE, Spaceship Earth, and Universe of Energy. After that, our FP time was upon us, so we went to Test Track and rode it, which was scary this time, because the barrier test area had the barrier stay open the entire time – I was scared that it would work in reverse, if you get what I mean. We then walked over to take a Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment, and then met up with other members of our party in Japan. They are a big sushi family, and I had never tried it before. Well, I won’t be trying it again. They told me what to try, and I did, and it was horrible. Just one guy’s opinion. After that, we walked around the World Showcase promenade and were about to hit Maelstrom, when we saw two teachers at my school in Norway! They were here with the band trip, and we talked to them for about 2 minutes – we had bigger and better things to do! We rode Maelstrom, and then went over to Ice Station Cool. I was the only one brave enough to drink the entire cup of Beverly. I knew what I was getting myself into, and I had my friend prepare the watermelon drink for when I was done. Well, it was as horrible as that sushi, but we all already knew that it would be. We had dinner arrangements with the cheerleaders that night at O’hana at 5:00, so we spent the remaining 2 hours we had before that in Future World. We hit Mission: SPACE again, and did Spaceship Earth with no one else within sight. We talked as much as we wanted, and my friend even got a phone call while we were on it! The phone call was for us to get to O’hana, so we got off and went to ride Monorail Black to get to the TTC, and then hopped aboard Monorail Lime to get to the Polynesian. When we arrived at O’hana, we saw two long tables – one for the cheerleaders, one for the adults. Well, both tables were full, so we found seats wherever we could, and, by a pure coincidence, we ended up at the cheerleader’s table. We ate the meal, which was really good, as it always is. I had eaten at O’hana before, but hardly anybody else had, so I knew what to take and when to take it. The dessert was gone in about 2 seconds, and I was the first at my part of the table to grab a hot towel. After that, we went to get our wristbands for our Magic Kingdom after hours party. You see, a benefit of going with the cheerleaders is that they have 2 after hours parties. Tonight’s was in the Magic Kingdom. We got there at about 6:30, and rode Buzz Lightyear, CoP, and went over to Haunted Mansion around 7:15. The sign said 5 minute wait, and as we were walking to it, it flipped down to read “00 MINUTES.” That was a first for me, and we rode The Haunted Mansion. No one else joined in when I screamed in the stretching room – another first. There were other people there, and usually at least one of them screams. It was now dark outside, and we walked over to Fantasyland for my first screening of Mickey’s PhilharMagic. I sat down in my seat, and within two seconds, I found a Hidden Mickey (look at the French horn on the right side of the screen border before the show begins!). The show was awesome, and I loved how the classic Disney scenes were animated in 3D. That should be the next thing – release all of the classic Disney movies in 3D – you know, like Toy Story is 3D, release Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, and all the others in 3D format. Anyway, we met up with two other people from our party who would not be staying for the after hours party, and we rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with them. We then rushed over to Tomorrowland to grab a bite to eat at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, and then went to Fantasyland to watch Wishes. This is a prime viewing spot – right between The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and the old 20K lagoon. You can see where they launch all of the fireworks from! After Wishes, we meandered down Main Street to buy the Mouse Ears. I sent the 3 pairs that I bought as gifts back with the people who weren’t staying for the after hours party, and then we went to Space Mountain – 15 minute wait. We rode that one, and then went to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – no wait. We rode that one with about 3 other people in our car, and then they said the words that everyone wants to hear: “You all can go again, if you like…” Well, duh! We rode that one again, and they offered it to us again. Well, we got off this time and went to Splash Mountain – no wait. This is what everyone dreams about, just you in the parks. There were about 100 people there; there would have probably been more, but the first day of the cheerleading competition was the next day, and most of the coaches wouldn’t let the girls go. Absolutely no one in the streets. We rode Splash Mountain in our own log. That was cool, as we got to experience all of the music in its fullness and talk as loud as we wanted. We got off of that one, and then the highlight of the trip came. We ran over to the Haunted Mansion, as it was nearly midnight, at which time the rides would close. We got in, and waited in the foyer. The CM looked out the doors, and said, “Gentlemen, would you like to go alone?” Oh yes we would! He closed the doors, and immediately the Ghost Host started his narration. The Stretching Room door opened, and we had to stand in the dead center of the room. This was the freakiest part, as the CM was pacing around a chamber with no windows and no doors. The wall slid open, and we got into our Doom Buggy. We were the only ones in this, remember. As we are about to go through the Archway, the CM who loaded us on snuck up behind the Doom Buggy and jumped out at us with the words “NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!!” We told him that we wouldn’t dare to flash. We then had our private tour of the Mansion at midnight. It was so cool just thinking that my friend and I were the only ones in the mansion. Another cool part was seeing all the hitchhikers alone in the Doom Buggies at the end. Anyway, after the thing that everyone on the boards dreams of, we decided to see if any rides would let us on – it was five after midnight! We ran over to Buzz and the CM out front asked us, “Why are you here?” We showed him the wristbands, and he said, “No, no, why are you here? Are you here to go to infinity and beyond?” After we assured him that we were, he let us on. We each took our own car, and I shot at one target, as I was more interested in videotaping the ride. After the ride, we went down Main Street, USA, which was completely deserted. Cinderella Castle kept changing color, and the buildings were all lit up. It was the best day that I have ever had in WDW, and I sincerely hope that all of you get to experience what I did on that day. Quick recap: In the span of about an hour and a half, I did Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad twice, Splash Mountain alone, the Haunted Mansion alone, and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin alone. No one goes to the Magic Kingdom and doesn’t dream about having it to himself or herself, and on that day, my dream became a reality.

Coming soon to a computer near you...Day Eight!
    Last edited by olmec26; 02-26-2005 at 05:45 PM.
    -Taylor

flutter is offline Moderator
    Great report Taylor, thanks for sharing. Glad you had a good time.

tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Good report Olmec! However unless there is a new Irish restaurant named O'Hana's you were at 'Ohana
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    Good report Olmec! However unless there is a new Irish restaurant named O'Hana's you were at 'Ohana
    Forgive me for not brushing up on my Hawaiian!
    -Taylor

Sorry for my long delay...here's Day Eight of Taylor's Trip Report!

DAY EIGHT – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2005 – WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT

We awoke on Day Eight and my friend and I bussed over to the Animal Kingdom. We got in the easy way by going through the Rainforest Café, and bolted to Dinoland, USA. We rode DINOSAUR, and I got some great video footage of that ride. I should have bought the on-ride photo, in which my friend and I pretended to be asleep. Funny stuff, posing for the pictures. Anyway, after that we rode Primeval Whirl (“Older Than Dirt!”), and got more exciting video footage. I like using the word “footage,” so get ready. After that, we went to Discovery Island to pay a visit to Flik and his fellow bugs…sadly, no footage (ding!) here, as they wouldn’t allow me to videotape it (and I wonder why…). After becoming Honorary Bugs, it was time for lunch, so we ate at Pizzafari, which was incredible as always. After lunch, it was off to Camp Minnie-Mickey to visit with our good friends from The Lion King. I got some great footage (ding!) of this presentation, and then it was off to our next destination: Africa, where we got our FP’s for Kilimanjaro Safaris. We had about an hour before we had to go back to the Safaris, so we took a walk through Pangani Forest, and saw the gorillas, hippos, and merecats. When the hour was up, we walked up to the queue, got right on, and I got more exciting footage (ding!) of the “aminals” doing whatever it is that they do. After our safari, we walked through Asia without riding anything (wind chills between 28 and 33 – do you honestly think that I’m going to ride Kali?), I just wanted to see Expedition: Everest. It’s coming along great, or so it seems, and I got even more exciting footage (ding!) of the construction. Then, it was back to Dinoland, USA for one last ride on DINOSAUR, and then it was a bus ride to the Studios, and then a transfer to the Wide World of Sports, as it was time for my friend’s sister’s performance. After that show, we bussed back to the Studios, and then hopped on a boat to Epcot. Well, we decided to get off at Swan and Dolphin and walk to Epcot, as we’d never done that before. We walked through the Boardwalk, through International Gateway, and around World Showcase. We made a quick pit stop in AA so I could fully appreciate just how good Disney is…

“One turkey leg, please.”

It was so good, as it always is, and I had picked the thing down to just the bone by the time we got to China. After my dinner, it was a nice Viking cruise through Norway, and then we hit Mexico for El Rio Del Tiempo. Well, you always notice something new every time you go to WDW, and this time I noticed my signature item on Rio: an Olmec head! Woo-hoo! I’m represented in Disney! Anyway, after Rio we rode as singles for Test Track, but ended up in the same car anyway. It was then time for a trip to Mars aboard the X2 Deep Space Shuttle, which was incredible as always. I’m proud to say that I never used a Space Sickness Bag. Then it was over to the Cantina in Mexico to get a good vantage point for IllumiNations. After the incredible-as-always performance, we started walking towards Test Track to exit, but had the idea to spend the time when nobody was there just walking around World Showcase alone at night. It was pretty cool, as there was Promise playing the whole time. When we passed through Italy, we saw the torch in the globe go out, which was cool. We stopped in Canada to see if the shop was open – no luck. Well, I needed to check the price of the IllumiNations CD, so we stopped in Mouse Gears after passing by the Fountain of Nations giving one last performance for the night. Well, it was 20 bucks, and I only had 15, so I figured that I would just get it tomorrow, on our last day in the parks.

Days Nine and Ten are coming soon, so hold on to your Ears!
    -Taylor

As promised, here are Days Nine and Ten of Taylor's Trip Report!

DAY NINE – SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2005 – WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT –STUDIOS AFTER HOURS PARTY???

Last day in the parks…always the saddest day of the trip. Anyway, we had the whole family able to go today, so we went to…Epcot. Surprise, surprise. First thing in Epcot, we rode Mission: SPACE again. No need to get the footage (ding!) this time, I had already gotten it! Anyway, I had decided that today would be the get all the footage (ding!) that I can day, and wouldn’t you know that I packed the short camera battery for today…way to go, Taylor! Well, we went over to visit with Ellen, where I did videotape the preshow. I was going to videotape the ride itself, but the CM told us that we couldn’t, and if a CM says it, well, gosh darn it, you’ve gotta do it. So, I only got footage (ding!) of the preshow, but no worries. Some footage (ding!) is better than no footage (ding!) at all. Anyway, it was a journey through time and space next on Spaceship Earth, and then we headed to Japan for some food. Now, I had already had my experience with sushi, and I am in no rush to repeat it, so when we passed through AA, I got another turkey leg. I finished it by the time we got our table in Japan. My friend and I then broke away from the pack and went to do some last-minute things in Epcot, like ride Mission: SPACE one more time. We also had FPs for Test Track, so we used those. I got some great footage (ding!) of the ride and preshow. By this time, it was 6 pm, and Fantasmic! started at 7. We exited Epcot for the last time, went to the bus stop, and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, at 6:45, a bus arrived, and I was so happy that I got down on my knees and hailed the bus. Well, the bus was nice and it kneeled back (bad joke, I know…). We explained to the driver that we had to see Fantasmic!, and he got us there in 10 minutes. It took us two minutes to run from the bus station to the entrance, where the CM working there told us, “Hurry! You’ve got, like, 8 minutes left!” Gosh, I love how nice Disney CMs are, and that’s not sarcasm. It was my first running in the “Fantastic Fantasmic Relay,” and we got there with about 3 minutes to spare. By this time it was standing room only, but we didn’t care. All I cared about was getting a good vantage point for my camera so that I could get some great footage (ding!) of this show. Well, we got that. Fantasmic! Was better than I remembered, and I got chills when Mickey first appears in the beginning and then again when he appears in his sorcerer garb atop the mountain. That scene is just so powerful for me, and it really shows me everything behind Disney. Anyway, after the great show, we stayed back to pass the 2 hours before our quote-unquote “after hours party.” We left the amphitheater last, looked in some shops along Sunset, meandered around Hollywood for a little bit, and went into a store on Hollywood. Well, 30 minutes till the supposed opening for the “party,” they made us go outside the park. We asked a CM what rides would be open, and he said ToT, RnR, Star Tours, a DJ over at Indy’s, and possibly the Great Movie Ride. Well, that’s exactly what we wanted to hear. We got excited waiting outside, as we would be in the Studios until 1 am with 18,000 cheerleaders. Well, 9 pm came and went and they didn’t open the park. The CMs told us that it was going to open at 9, and it didn’t. We asked them about it, and they insisted that they said 9:30. OK, fine, we can wait 30 more minutes. Well, the park finally opens, and we make a beeline for Sunset. We asked a CM there what rides were open, just to verify, and they told us that it was only ToT and RnR, plus the DJ at Indy. Well, that’s just grand. We come in the middle of Value Season, we’ve now got two thirds of the average attendance for regular season in the park, and they only opened two rides. The only thing I got in was RnR, as the lines got longer in 5 minutes than they did for the entire length of the trip. We came off RnR, and ToT had a 3 hour wait. Well, we were pretty annoyed with Disney, so we asked a CM why only those rides were open and she informed us that the cheerleading company only bought those 2 rides and the DJ. Turns out that the event wasn’t put on by Disney. Well, as always, Disney didn’t do anything wrong, so we were real mad now at the cheerleader’s group that set this big mass of deception up that gypped us out of a day at the Studios. Well, we met up with the whole family afterwards, and we decided to go back to AS Music and call it a trip. As we walked down Sunset Blvd, I sang the “Ceremonial Departure Song” :

Now it’s time to say goodbye to all our company

M-I-C

See you real soon!

K-E-Y

Why? Because we like you!

M-O-U-S-E!

Well, we were about to round the corner onto Hollywood when my friend’s sister said that she heard a rumor that Lindsay Lohan was the DJ over at Indy. Well, it was our last day and the lines were long, so I decided to do my part to shorten them a bit. As we were passing a big group of cheerleaders heading towards Sunset, I looked at my friend’s sister and shouted very loudly, “WHAT? LINDSAY LOHAN OVER AT THE INDIANA JONES EPIC STUNT SPECTACULAR?!?!” Well, it worked beautifully! The girls immediately started getting rather chatty with each other, and they decided to run over there to see if I was right. Hehehe, it’s so much fun acting like Stitch (the character, not April!). Naturally, I got out of the Studios as fast as I could after the girls ran off, and we boarded a bus and went back to the resort. Well, we had no dinner, so we all got something at the food court – The Last Supper. After that, we slowly walked from Melody Hall to Rock Inn, soaking up the beauty that is the Walt Disney World Resort.

DAY TEN – MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2005 – RETURN TO NEW ORLEANS – VALENTINE’S DAY

Happy Valentine’s Day, everybody! We awoke at 6:30, got a cab, went to the airport, got on a plane, and flew to our home away from home. When we got off the plane, I ran to the end of the terminal where my mother was waiting for me. I ran up to her and gave her a big hug, and she laughed at me because I wore my Mouse Ears the entire trip and was still wearing them when I got off the plane! Well, it was a fun trip, and to all my friends at Walt Disney World, I just have this one thing to say:

“See you real soon!”

That's it! The end! I hope you all had as much fun reading it as I had writing it, and I hope to be writing another one real soon!
    -Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    That's it! The end! I hope you all had as much fun reading it as I had writing it, and I hope to be writing another one real soon!
    "When your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme..."

I got my wish! I'm going to WDW (this time with MY family!) on July 30!

Have faith in your dreams, and someday...
    -Taylor

Scott Oliverson is offline A-Ticket holder
    My Walt Disney World trip was in April 2004, probably the worst time to go due to College Spring Break when students from various college schools around Florida were taking a break from classes so to speak. Every single attraction in Magic Kingdom, EpCot, MGM Studios were long lines and my parents, brother and I hated standing around forever just to get onto a ride and so forth. Worse yet, we did not know about FastPass, the kiosk stations where you insert your passport, receive a receipt showing the exact times of when to be in line and present the receipt to the CM so you could go right to the front of the line quickly.

Unfortunately the only rides we got to experience were the following...

Pirates Of The Caribbean
    Hall of Presidents
    Haunted Mansion
    TimeKeeper
    Caroseul Of Progress
    Test Track (I went on the ride myself)
    Body Wars
    Ellen's Adventure in Universe Of Energy
    Honey I Shrunk The Audience
    Indiana Jones Stunt Spectatular
    Backlot Tour
    Star Tours
    MuppetVision 3D
    Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
    O' Canada IMAX Show
    China IMAX Show
    El Timpo Del Rio (Mexican darkride portion of World Showcase)
    The American Adventure
    Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror (Jason and I went together)
    Spaceship Earth (I went alone)

The rides we did not go on were...
    Jungle Cruise
    It's A Small World
    Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
    Alien Encounter
    Mission Space
    Space Mountain
    Rock and Roller Coaster
    Maelstrom (darkride attraction in Norway portion of World Showcase)
    Splash Mountain

My brother Jason and I are making plans of either returning to WDW sometime later in the new millennium or back to DL to experience more Disney magic someday...