Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Animal Kingdom - Jan 2008 in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm a bit short on time to spell out a proper verbose trip report - so in the mean time, you are welcome to peruse a sampling of the hundreds ...

Animal Kingdom - Jan 2008

I'm a bit short on time to spell out a proper verbose trip report - so in the mean time, you are welcome to peruse a sampling of the hundreds of photos I took. I did manage to get into a few of them myself, but otherwise my finger was always on the trigger.

It was a quick (business) trip, and only did 1 park with my 2yr old daughter - a new experience for me to have to travel at someone else's pace!! We (I) made it, though. My daughter fell soundly asleep in the middle of Lion King (how she'd do that?), and the greeting with Rafiki was interpreted as a terrorist assault - he's NOT a character she's familiar with, and even during the parade she nearly cried a bit when he went by. Overall we all had a great time.

Enjoy:

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    looks like you two had a great time...great pics--the ones you took of FotLK turned out really good, I had a hard time getting decent ones when we went in December
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Great pictures Craig! I LOVE the one of Melanie with Rafiki covering his eyes back to her! Too cute and will be a good one to use for that HS graduation party! Glad you were finally able to step her little feet onto WDW property...next stop MAGIC KINGDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    ...next stop MAGIC KINGDOM!
    As they say in the Psych Ward: "I'm already there!"

I have great memories of all things MK - my first trip was when I was 5. I haven't been to WDW in recent times without it being tied into a business trip ... so I'm starting the sales pitch now for a vacation-only trip. Hmmm... daughter's 3rd birthday in October?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    As they say in the Psych Ward: "I'm already there!"

I have great memories of all things MK - my first trip was when I was 5. I haven't been to WDW in recent times without it being tied into a business trip ... so I'm starting the sales pitch now for a vacation-only trip. Hmmm... daughter's 3rd birthday in October?
    Well I know that you're "already there!", but I was referring to Melanie!

I'm hoping for October as well! Ann and Rich will be down there then!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I'm hoping for October as well! Ann and Rich will be down there then!
    Hmmm...

enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Great pictures!!!!! Sooo you would say your daughter enjoyed AK??? or was she frightened most of the time???
    Maria

Quote Originally Posted by enderica View Post
    Great pictures!!!!! Sooo you would say your daughter enjoyed AK??? or was she frightened most of the time???
    Overall she was absolutely enthralled by it all. She laughed all through the safari despite the bumps, she taunted the gorillas, and much to our surprise joined in with the African street musicians. When we hit Rafiki's she was pretty tired - and was nearly terrified of the wandering Recycle can... then Mr. Rafiki was looking for an audience. "We" decided it wasn't going to be us.

But yes, overall, two toddler thumbs up!

enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Ok thanks ! My so Martin is also 2 and we are going in april.
    Maria

SuzyQ is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Loved the pictures - especially the safari pics. The 'back end" picture is a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
    Loved the pictures - especially the safari pics. The 'back end" picture is a hoot!
    Yea - I'm sure Walt would have been really pleased with that one!