Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss JC @ WDW 2008 Day 36 (Block Party Bash review) in the Vacation Planning forums; The next to the last day until we return to the semi-frozen north. Oh well, we had a wonderful time here this year. By my count, we visited WDW 20 ...
    Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL

JC @ WDW 2008 Day 36 (Block Party Bash review)

The next to the last day until we return to the semi-frozen north. Oh well, we had a wonderful time here this year. By my count, we visited WDW 20 days, Sea World two days, and Universal Studios one day. Ending our visit by going to the MK tomorrow.

Yesterday we visited DHS and got to see Block Party Bash "parade" (really a enormous street show rather than a parade) in its third soft opening (opens officially next week). There were dozens of Disney brass of all sorts monitoring, positioning, discussing, and fussing on the street and even on top of buildings. The parade started 3 minutes late (3:03 PM), very un-Disney like. They were also videotaping right in front of the hat on a lift. The units themselves are very large and there is not much room on the sides for the cast members to perform. The floats stretch from one end of the main street almost to the hat. They did a 30 minute set where we were just shy of the hat plaza on the street and then turned the corner and stopped by Sounds Dangerous for another 30 minute set. CM Rudy told us the parade came from DL. You can only see one or two units unless you try to move down the route, or wait until it moves to the next area. There was plenty of dancing and singing and trampoling. How the CMs are going to do this in the summer (especially the furs) is beyond me since it is so high energy and so long. Most of the characters are from past parades with a big injection of Monsters, Inc. and The Incredibles. There are a lot of special effects, but as I said you can't see them due to the sight lines. All-in-all a great experience, but I have a feeling it will be cut down on time once they get the bugs worked out since a lot of guests were getting bored after 15 minutes or so as you can only scream, sing, dance, jump and laugh so long. Once the parade was over there was a mass exodus to the exits. I have never seen a park clear so fast, but there were a few rumbles of thunder in the distance, but it never raiined. BTW, the park guidemaps have been changed with BPB on the cover.

Well, that's it for now. Look for more anon.
    Last edited by Jiminy Cricket; 03-12-2008 at 09:13 AM.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Sounds like you had a great trip! Sorry, I couldn't meet up with you this one!
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Oh my gosh, I just noticed this report says day 36! Maybe one day I will be so lucky to have a trip that long!

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm so jealous that you get to go that long!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

I can't wait to see it in May.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    I'm totally excited to see this in May!!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century