Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss DisneyLove28's Trip Report for March 5th-March 12th in the Vacation Planning forums; I am loving all the pics!! Great report! Maria...
    enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I am loving all the pics!! Great report!

Maria
    Maria

DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!
    Thanks guys! I'm sorry I haven't been able to update at all this week. I've been extremely busy with school and have hardly had a chance to sleep let alone post a lot on here. I'm gonna try to do a quick run through of Universal either tomorrow night or Sunday so I can get back to the Disney stuff! It'll most likely be Sunday in the middle of studying for Accounting cuz God knows I can't concentrate on that stuff too long!
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    you have cool pictures

Thanks! This time we took whatever we wanted to and didn't care how crazy or strange we looked! lol!

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Looking forward to the next installment!

Ruddy

Alright guys! I'm finally updating my trip report! Haha! I'm not actually studying accounting (naturally) so I decided to get my Universal day out of the way since it's not Disney!

Me and my mom got up fairly early, I think around 8am because we had to catch a bus to get over there at about 9:30. When we went outside we were in for a surprise. It was supposed to rain in the morning, but thankfully didn't, however it was insanely windy outside! I'm talking like there were definitely 30-40mph gusts (that's what the weather channel said!). It was terrible! My hair was flying all over the place and no matter what I did it was getting in my way and aggravating me. The wind died down in the afternoon, but still, it was difficult to deal with!

So anyways, we got there around 10:30 and walked through CityWalk which is pretty cool for it being Universal. Then we went in the park and headed right over for E.T. because it was closed the last time we were there and I was upset! lol! After that we did a few more rides and then checked out some of the Hollywood stars.

Let me explain this picture. My mother and I love the movie Vegas Vacation and for whatever reason find it absolutely hysterical near the end when Sid Caesar is sitting there with his lottery ticket, gets the winning numbers and tells Chevy's character that "I won da money! Da money is mine! I won! etc, etc." Don't ask me why, we're crazy, but it's become this inside joke to us. So when I saw his star there, I pulled out a $50 and got down next to his star for my mom to take a picture like I had "won da money!" Needless to say, we were both cracking up and this is one of my favorite pictures we took that day. You gotta give me credit though, it is creative!

Alright, so we walked around some more and went on a few other rides and then did the Horror Makeup show which is hysterical!!! The 2 guys that host it are hilarious and a bit raunchy which caught me off guard a bit, but then I remember they don't have standards like Disney does. They even said something like "We don't have to be nice to the kids, this isn't Disney!"

When we left the show, Doc from Back to the Future was standing in front of the Delorian taking pictures with people, so of course I had to get in on that! I love BTTF and I am upset that they closed that ride there! It's nice to see they kept the car, though and he actually drove it away so it is still running!

Then, we walked around some more. I'm not sure exactly which rides we did when or whatever because I didn't pay as much attention there as I do in Disney parks. But, I do have to say, the Mummy ride is really awesome! That thing is fast!!! And, the MIB ride is cool. Same concept of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, but the guns aren't attached to the ride. It's fun, though.

By around 7:30 we were pretty much done seeing and doing everything we wanted there, so we lined up on the sidewalk because incidentally, we were there on a Saturday night and that's when they do their Mardi Gras parade so we definitely wanted to stay to see that. To get people excited for it, they had some of the characters from the parade walking around the streets talking to people and taking pictures with everybody.

Don't mind the way I look in this picture. My hair was so wind-blown from the day and I was tired and I just don't look good here, but I like the picture anyways! lol!

At 8pm, the parade floats starting coming down the street and everybody got really exicted. I do have to say that it was a lot of fun because everybody was screaming and they were throwing multitudes of beads off the floats so it was like experiencing Mardi Gras for real, minus the topless women (thank God!). The floats and costumes were absolutely gorgeous and I have to admit for Universal, they did really good with this whole Mardi Gras thing.

When the parade was over, we left the park but we wanted to check out CityWalk for a while so we strolled along taking pictures and relaxing a little bit. Then some local band started to play and they were pretty good and then I saw a Mardi Gras character in the crowd....

This guy was really funny and the greatest thing was that...

He was like 10 feet tall!! Haha! He was on stilts and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how he could get into some of the positions that he was without falling over. It's crazy! But I had a lot of fun listening to that band and watching this guy dance/interact with everybody.

When that was all over me and my mom sat down and had a little bite to eat, but what I forgot to mention was that it was freezing cold!! Like 40 degrees cold! Granted, I'm used to that living in Buffalo, but when you had 70 degree weather the day before, and even at night it was pretty mild, 40 was cooooold! They had these weird heater lamp things outside so we were sitting close to one of those, but it was still really cold! Finally when we saw somebody get up inside the little food place we took their table and relaxed in there until it was time to catch our bus at 11. We headed back to the hotel, ran down to the foodcourt for a mug refill and then headed back to our room and went to sleep to prepare for the next day at my favorite place in the whole wide world......

The Magic Kingdom!!!

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    That sounds like a cool parade!!!
    Maria

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I'm glad you added your Universal day to your report. I know very little about that park, and haven't decided if it's worth my money to check it out for myself.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Great installment, even for Universal, lol
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I'm glad you added your Universal day to your report. I know very little about that park, and haven't decided if it's worth my money to check it out for myself.
    I guess what it depends on is what you like and which park you go to. I've never been to Islands of Adventure, but I would have a good time because it's a lot of roller coasters and thrill rides and I love rides like that. As far as the original Universal Stuidos goes, it's not bad. Me and my mom enjoy it, but there are a few outdated rides and shows that they have, especially with all the new technologies there are. I'm sure there are Universal purists, just as there are for Disney, but the Jaws ride just needs to go! The MIB and Mummy rides are new and those are great, so I'm hoping they follow suite with some of their other attractions. You pretty much have to know how to appreciate places like Universal and not try to compare it to Disney when you're there because they obviously have different standards.

I would receommend visiting when they have the Mardi Gras parade going on, though because that really was very fun and something different. It made my trip to Universal so much better this time around. And, CityWalk is a lot of fun, especially at night, but again, that depends on what you like and what you're interested in because they have a lot of clubs and things like that and then they have the specialty restaurants and shops. I could say it's their version of Downtown Disney, but it's still very different.

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

Alright so I've fallen behind a lil bit. School has taken me over! But I'm gonna try to find some time tomorrow to at least start on MK cuz I have a feeling I'll be writing a lot about that and DHS. I do wanna finish this trip report before I go back, though! lol!

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Awesome report and photos so far, looking forward to the rest!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    Really great report.

I prefer IOA over US....but WDW over both!

Can't wait to see more!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12