Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss pre-trip report for august vacation in the Vacation Planning forums; Okay so I am really excited, because yesterday we booked our vacation for this summer. It is going to be our first family trip back to disney in 12 years, ...
    dreamen18 is offline A-Ticket holder

pre-trip report for august vacation

Okay so I am really excited,because yesterday we booked our vacation for this summer. It is going to be our first family trip back to disney in 12 years, I went last year with my mom and grandparents so yeah. So here are the people coming me(dreamen18), my mom, my dad and my sister. We are going from August 1-11, so if anyone has any advice for the summer that would be greatly appreciated.
    1994- Dixie Landings
    1996- Caribean Beach Resort
    2007- Port Orleans Riverside
    2008- Port Orleans Riverside

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    That's awesome....... I hope you have an awesome trip,,,,,,, and welcome to the boards
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Have a wonderful trip and be prepared for the heat and humidity!!
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    That's so exciting, I'm sure you will have a blast!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

thanks for the wishes, we are starting to discuss restraunts. We are thinking of a couple counter service meals and then a couple full service meals, but yeah we are a 129 days out
    1994- Dixie Landings

Babby58 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I would definitely plan to take a break during the day- it can be very humid down there. Also, make sure you have comfortable shoes. Sandals are great but you might end up with blisters. If you are wearing sneakers, plan on two pairs of socks for each day.

As far as dining goes, get those ADRs in as soon as possible- you are past the 180 days and things book quickly.

Good luck and have fun!
    Piglet Rules!!

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Water, sunscreen, and buy rain ponchos ahead of time so you're not spending a small fortune to stay dry.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Either plan to buy a hat or bring one, and sunglasses a must. That FL August sun is a killer and you don't want to find yourself flat on your back looking up into the paramedics face. Take advantage of those morning extra magic hours or the evening ones. Since this isn't your first trip, you'll be less adapt to try to do too much in one day. Keep in mind this is supposed to be a vacation and not a marathon.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

thanks for the recommendations they will really help. So last night we booked a couple of restraunts. We are doing 50s primetime for lunch one day, a fantasmic dinner package at hollywood and vine one night. We are doing donalds breakfast at animal kingdom one morning. And then we are doing garden grille for another lunch one day, and finally we are doing crystal palace for dinner one night. Surprisingly there were a lot of open availability for meals including even at cindys and le celier.
    1994- Dixie Landings

So we are a 107 days and like ten hours away from our vacation and I just cannot wait. I've been making lists and such, I just cannot wait for college to be out for the summer so August can be here. But I just found out that I will be down at Disney when the last twilight book comes out, does anyone know if there is a book store in the world that would carry this, or maybe if I could just have the book delivered to my hotel.
    1994- Dixie Landings

Cannot believe that we are actually like 86 days away from being at the Happiest Place on Earth. I have the reast of this week and then next week and the following week is finals. Once those are out of the way i can continue with planning the trip.
    1994- Dixie Landings

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    have fun

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Water, water, water. The biggest trick to WDW in July and August (sometimed Sept.) is hydration and sun protection. Plan on drinking a lot of water, even if you add crystal light, but not too many sodas since they actually dehydrate you. Also, try to plan your day so that cooler, darker attractions are in the 12N to 5PM time frame when it is hottest, or go back to the hotel and rest or swim. Also, stick with lighter colored clothing especially shirts, and light colored hats. Have all of you shopping in the [arks delivered to you hotel desk rather then schlepping them around take frequent rests, stop long enough to let your body temp regulate. Southern summers feel like the top of a boiling pot just got lifted off, so it feels hot and steamy.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.