Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Who honeymooned in WDW? Share your experiences! in the Vacation Planning forums; You can of course elaborate, but here are a few questions for you to answer. 1. When was your honeymoon? 2. How long did you stay at WDW? 3. Where ...
    AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Who honeymooned in WDW? Share your experiences!

You can of course elaborate, but here are a few questions for you to answer.

1. When was your honeymoon?
    2. How long did you stay at WDW?
    3. Where did you stay?
    4. What were some of the "special" things, if any, that you did on your honeymoon trip?
    5. Did you wear bride and groom ears? Did you get any special treats or recognition because of it?
    6. Anything else you'd like to add?
    7. Any pictures you'd like to share with us?
    Last edited by AllieBee; 03-26-2008 at 11:41 AM.
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Well, I'll go ahead and respond, since it was my post!

You can of course elaborate, but here are a few questions for you to answer.

1. When was your honeymoon? Our honeymoon was in October, 2003.
    2. How long did you stay at WDW? We had 8 nights and 9 days in WDW, and we didn't leave property at all besides going to and from the airport.
    3. Where did you stay? We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge.
    4. What were some of the "special" things, if any, that you did on your honeymoon trip? We saw La Nouba, went to the Hoop De Do Revue, and did the Keys to the Kingdom Backstage Tour.
    5. Did you wear bride and groom ears? Did you get any special treats or recognition because of it? We did not wear bride and groom ears, it just wasn't our thing, but I love when people do wear them! When they found out it was our honeymoon at the Hoop De Do Revue, we got to do a few special things in the show, it was fun!
    6. Anything else you'd like to add? I loved every second of our honeymoon in WDW and can't imagine having gone anywhere else. The only other thing I wish we had done is gone parasailing, but we'll do that another time!

Here are 2 pics!

Last edited by AllieBee; 03-27-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    1. When was your honeymoon? April 2004
    2. How long did you stay? 6 days 5 nights
    3. Where did you stay? Port Orleans Riverside
    4. what were some of the "special" things, if any, that you did on your honeymoon? Went to La Nouba, the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue (took the boat from MK to Fort Wilderness then back to MK-very nice veiw of MK at night.) Came home with a "little souviner" born january 2005. Also the last night we went down to, at this time, the River Roost and watched the piano player and had a few laughs. I even got in to the act.
    5. Did you wear bride and groom ears? Did you get any special treats or recognition because of it? Nope, just bought the bride and groom pin.
    6. Anything elsde you'd like to add? we had a great time would not stay anywhere else. Love taking the boat to downtown. Next time I want to take the carriage ride around the property.

TinkAttitude is offline grumpy too
    1. When was your honeymoon? July, 1996
    2. How long did you stay at WDW? one week
    3. Where did you stay? Wilderness Lodge
    4. What were some of the "special" things, if any, that you did on your honeymoon trip? dress up for dinner in Cinderella's castle
    5. Did you wear bride and groom ears? Did you get any special treats or recognition because of it? we actually waited until our first anniversary to do this, and yes, we got lots of 'congratulations'
    6. Anything else you'd like to add? it was truly magical, fun, and a great way to unwind
    7. Any pictures you'd like to share with us? if i can dig some up, i certainly will!

Tikikrissy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    1. When was your honeymoon? October 2006
    2. How long did you stay at WDW? 7 Nights
    3. Where did you stay? The Doubletree at Downtown Disney (it was free- don't ask!)
    4. What were some of the "special" things, if any, that you did on your honeymoon trip? We went to the Spirit of Aloha, Hoopdedoo and we ate at Victoria & Albert's!!
    5. Did you wear bride and groom ears? Did you get any special treats or recognition because of it? We wore our ears the entire time (except V&As!) and everyone was super nice to us! We even got a free champagne sent over to us at the Tambu lounge by a British couple - soo nice! They didn't even want to talk to us - they just sent it and then left and told the bartender to tell us "congratulations!" At Tony's restaurant they sprinkled pixie dust all over our table and we got to do a "meatball roll" with our noses at the fountain in front of everyone - that was embarrasing!
    6. Anything else you'd like to add? It was AMAZING - everyone was so nice. It was perfect.
    7. Any pictures you'd like to share with us? I have pics posted in the gallery. OH, and my Avatar pic!
    It was all started by a mouse!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    1. When was your honeymoon? April 2000

2. How long did you stay at WDW? 7 days, 6 nights

3. Where did you stay? All Star Music, Calypso Building, 2nd Floor facing the pools.

4. What were some of the "special" things, if any, that you did on your honeymoon trip? It was my very first trip to WDW, so really everything about it was special with it being my first trip and my honeymoon. My DH grew up in FL and was very familiar with the MK, so it was like having my DH be my own "Tour Guide Mike." It was fabulous. We explored the other three parks for the first time together. We did do a Leave a Legacy tile with our bride and groom ears. I'm glad we did that now.

5. Did you wear bride and groom ears? Did you get any special treats or recognition because of it? Yes, we got all sorts of free stuff and lots of attention. It's the reason I always recommend newlyweds to wear these ears.

6. Anything else you'd like to add? We bought into DVC because of this trip, and now every trip to WDW is like reliving our honeymoon....except with much better accommodations. Also, we got to honeymoon during the Millennium Celebration, which was a good time to go.

7. Any pictures you'd like to share with us? Nope, all those photos would need to be scanned in.

Great idea for a thread!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    1. When was your honeymoon? October 2007
    2. How long did you stay at WDW? 7 nights/8 days
    3. Where did you stay? POP Century
    4. What were some of the "special" things, if any, that you did on your honeymoon trip? We had a Honeymoon lunch at the Coral Reef where I had personalized menus made by the CR waiting for myself and the DH and I also had a Diver come over by our booth and hold up a "Happy Honeymoon" Sign and wave to us. Plus we were able to catch up with my cousins family who was unable to make it to our wedding because they were down in Disney that week!
    5. Did you wear bride and groom ears? Did you get any special treats or recognition because of it? Yes, we wore our ears every day and got at least one thing free every day! It was nice. The best present we got was free passes to MNSSHP which allowed us to spend more personal time with my Cousin and her family.
    6. Anything else you'd like to add? We enjoyed ourselves alot and it was the perfect place to go for a Honeymoon.
    7. Any pictures you'd like to share with us? A lot of my photos are posted on the "Post a Disney Photo a Day" Thread
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    1. When was your honeymoon? October 2007
    2. How long did you stay at WDW? 7 Nights 8Days
    3. Where did you stay? Swan and Dolphin (The Dolphin side)
    4. What were some of the "special" things, if any, that you did on your honeymoon trip?
    I made lots of Reservations for Restaraunts that were my favorite my husband had never been so i wanted to make sure he loved it - We got lots of Free things from Cast members helping to Celebrate our Honeymoon which was really fun for example Deserts at the restaraunts we dined at and food from around the showcase and one Cast Member gave us a Fast Pass for Rockin roller coaster since they were all gone!!!
    5. Did you wear bride and groom ears? Did you get any special treats or recognition because of it? Not the whole Trip just for one day
    6. Anything else you'd like to add? WE had the best time and really were glad we chose to go with Disneyworld for our Honeymoon so much to do and see and it was all within our budget for a Honeymoon !
    7. Any pictures you'd like to share with us? I posted a honeymoon Trip report thread with most of my pictures on it

!http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ip-report.html
    Last edited by I heartpeterpan; 03-27-2008 at 12:56 PM.
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach