Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss 2nd time to WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; Leaving April 15th and staying till the 21st at POP, last time we went as a family was in 2002. Our daughter was 8 then and we had snagged a ...
    LAroy is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile 2nd time to WDW

Leaving April 15th and staying till the 21st at POP, last time we went as a family was in 2002. Our daughter was 8 then and we had snagged a reservation at Cinderellas royal table for breakfast, went to the Hoop-dee-doo and rode every ride possible. It was a bit hectic, and although we did schedule some downtime we still remember it as being rushed. But obviously since we are going back we had a great time.

This time our daughter is 13 and I look forward to watching her enjoy the park as a teen. Although I am dissapointed that she said she doesn't want to get any autographs from the characters. Hey I'm 45 and still want my picture with my favorite: GOOFY.

We are doing the dining plan, even with the new unfortunate changes, but we had decided that we had to many burgers, and fries on the last trip.

All our ADR's are made and include the HOOP-DEE-DOO again (love it!!!), Coral reef, crystal palace, 50's prime time, and Yak and Yeti.

So wish us luck and I will post upon our return.

Rob

We are going without the park hopper option.

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Sounds like some yummy options, and don't worry, I didn't WANT to get my pics taken w/characters when I was that age, until I actually got there. I think I still have a few of them

Oh, and if you're going for that long I think you'll have plenty of time to see everything (twice) without park hoppers.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane
    Have fun! I'm betting your daughter will forget about being a teenager when she gets...Disney can have that effect
    Have a great time!!

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    Have a great time!!! Tell us about it when you get back!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    have fun

Have fun Rob. I'll be there May 1-5th. But I also have some other St. Marys friends that will be there April 19-26.

You'll have to let us know how your trip was!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

enderica is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Sounds like you are going to have a great time!!!!!!!!!! We will be there at the same time......

Maria
    Maria

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    You'll have a blast! And... let me tell you... your 13 year old might be acting all "grown up" when it comes to the characters now but just wait until you get into the parks. I took my step-son when he was 12 and he was character crazy, then we went again when he was 15 and he tried to be all "I just wanna do the rides this time." until we got to the first character lunch and then he was all like "take my picture with Goofy this time" and "you want to get all 4 of us in the shot this time?" and "Ohhh look STITCH!!!". LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe