Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW 2008 Pre and Post Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by mini-V I think it's more creative to bring costumes that appear to be costumes, but aren't so much...like a sparkly top, glitzy sandals and a tiara can ...
    tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V View Post
    I think it's more creative to bring costumes that appear to be costumes, but aren't so much...like a sparkly top, glitzy sandals and a tiara can be a princess costume and you don't have to have all the "fabric" to deal with when trying to get on rides. You can be festive without having to be fully decked out. Those that dress in full costume either brought little to wear the rest of their trip (if flying), live locally, or drove to FL and could afford the room in the car for an extra bag of 1-night clothes.
    Good idea, mini-V! Although driving doesn't always allow for more suitcases.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Good ideas mini-V and good point. We should try to keep it simple. God knows that we need to try to fit it into an already tight suitcase. Also, I know that we want to get on the rides and don't want it to be bulky.

Doctor cleared us yesterday.

Belle is a bit paranoid when it comes to my health, and hers as well. Two years ago, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. This, of course, worries Belle that I would have problems with some of the rides. She gets especially nervous when I ride on Mission:Space. I love the ride, but, I can only ride on it once or maybe twice. Rockin' Roller coaster on the other hand, I love riding that 4-5 times in my visit.

Well, we went to the doctor yesterday and he cleared us to ride on all the rides.

So Belle, I know you read this, I love you and you have nothing to worry about.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow, this is a really well thought out trip, there were some things mentioned on one of the Season of Disney shows about romantic, but not expensive things to do, I'll try to find them. Also, try posting two threads, over in Ask the Experts-one on romantic and inexpensive extra things to do and one on MNSSHP, someone over there will know the answer, and they are all so helpful. But your plan sounds good so far.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

I got the tickets to MNSSHP

Well, we bought the tickets to the Mickey Not-so-Scary Halloween Party on our free day. Now the fun and hard part, what to dress up as. Mini-V had a great idea, keep it simple. So, we will see.

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Glad to hear that your doctor cleared you to ride all rides. My mom has dealt with high BP for most of life her as well but she doesn't ride too many rides. Not because of that but most of them aren't her taste (she doesn't like coasters at all).

I'd definitely go for something bulky with riding rides. I think I'd go with one of the suggestions of mini-V. Good luck figuring out the costumes.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

Got the Tickets for the MNSSHP

I received in the mail yesterday our tickets to the MNSSHP. It's funny how in receiving these, that it's really starting to feel like the trip is closer than what it really is. Everytime I log into the board, I always look at my ticker to see how much longer. Belle looks at the ticker to see how much longer as well.

Belle and I haven't had any time off together for the past couple of weeks, so we have not been able to go shopping for costumes. She's taking some vacation next week, so maybe then we will go to a couple of party stores and see what they have. I have been looking online and got a couple of ideas.

Recent Airfares

Well, AirTran lowered their prices on their flights. I am still saving $30 from them, and I am going when I want to. I am trying to get to WDW as early as possible on the 17th and leave as late as possible on the 28th.

All the other carriers are still showing me at $700+ for the flights. Even if I bought the same flights now, I would be looking at $720.

Southwest is now at $683 for the flights.

I still feel that I am saving money.
    Last edited by WDWtraveler46; 05-16-2008 at 04:20 PM.

I've been soooo busy with Belle and our "actual" anniversary that I haven't really done anything with the trip lately. I also have baseball games to umpire through to Sunday, so I've been busy with that.

But, here's wishing everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day!!!!

Update on things...

It just keeps getting closer and closer!!! Even though this is the beginning of Summer and we are going at the end, it just seems so far away.

Belle is going to make her costume. She is going as, you guess it, Belle. But, she is going to make the blue dress that she wears. I, on the other hand, am probably looking as going as Jack Sparrow.

When I heard the news about the airlines charging for the extra luggage and expecting problems when we were to fly back from WDW, it really made me mad. I selected the airline to return on because we could check in at the resort. However, I am glad that Disney and the airlines are working together to find a solution to the extra baggage problem.

We keep watching the shows on the Travel Channel. Every time one shows, Belle and I get so excited. She wants to go to Epcot to the French Pavilion and get one of those Grand Marinier (sp?) frozen cocktails. I'll take the Grey Goose Frozen Lemonade.

So, that's about it. Have a Disney Day!!!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

More Updates

Well, we are getting closer and closer to the trip. As of today, it's 2 months and 21 days.

Yesterday, Belle and I were out shopping (looking for stuff for the Disney trip.) She asked me how I was going to do the trip report. I had thought of it in the past, but didn't really start thinking about what I was going to do. I will have my laptop and Blackberry with me and could dial into the internet, but then I felt that I wouldn't be able to give a good report that I would like to do. It hit me! Every night that we get back from being out, I'll type in my thoughts and experiences. I'll take 15-20 minutes and just get notes. Once I get back, I'll expand on them a bit more, clean it up, post photos on the thread here. Belle thought that would be cool, but she wants first right to refusal on any photos that I want to post. She wants to make sure I get her good side. OK, OK, Belle, I'll respect your wishes.

We are going through a little shake up at work and our health insurance. It really doesn't affect me, however, it got me thinking of if we get hurt (god forbid, but you never know) at WDW, where should we go? The last thing I want is to have a HUGE hospital bill after my WDW trip. So I called the health insurance and they said that we can go to the closest urgent care or hospital. We just need to make sure that if it's not an emergency to go to the urgent care. No problem and it just gives us piece of mind.

I know I mentioned that we were out shopping earlier. Well, Belle and I were debating on what to get for footwear. So, off to the Outlet stores we go!!! Belle had tried on some Crocs, but she doesn't want the big, huge, shoes that the Crocs sell. She did find some that she liked. The style is called "Alice." They look like Mary Janes. We didn't buy them at the outlet because I thought I could get them cheaper on eBay. Sure enough, I did. Saved $10 off of them. Now for me, I have been watching this particular Nike shoe. They are a casual running shoe, but have the little springs in the back. I saw them a while back at the outlet, and I should have picked them up at that point, but I missed it. Now, I'm probably going to pick them up tomorrow. Can't wait. I may get some Crocs as well, but the ones I like are $70 and I would rather get the Nike shoes.

Now with the recent airfare. I checked today and all the "good" flights are pretty much gone. And the cheapest I could find was $760 total for two people. So, still saving money there to spend an extra day at the Happiest Place on Earth!!!

That's about it for now. The countdown continues and the closer we get, the more excited we get.

Have a magical day!!!

PS. Lou, thank you for answering my e-mail on the show. I already booked ADR's on many of the restaurants you recommended and enjoyed comparing our "lists."

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)

Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    have fun

New News and the PI closure...

Happy Disney Day Everyone!!!

Got some news from our returning airline, they changed the time when we are flying back. They actually moved us to be at WDW by a half hour. But, I don't think it will affect the time that the Magical Express will take us to the airport. It does set our arrival back here to LAS by a half an hour. Which I don't like because I do need to go to work the next day!!! With my luck, I'll get fired from my job for having a WDW hang over.

I heard from Lou that Disney is closing Pleasure Island. Thank god that it's closing after we will be there. We are planning on going to PI on the 20th and they are closing PI on the 27th. So we will have one last dance. I hate that they are getting rid of the clubs. It was the one time where both Belle and I could go out, not worry about who can and can't drink, and really let our hair down. We will really miss 8 Tracks and the Comedy Warehouse. But, we will really need to visit the Adventurers Club. Every time we walked by it, it looked closed.

That's it for now.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWtraveler46 View Post
    It just keeps getting closer and closer!!! Even though this is the beginning of Summer and we are going at the end, it just seems so far away.

Belle is going to make her costume. She is going as, you guess it, Belle. But, she is going to make the blue dress that she wears. I, on the other hand, am probably looking as going as Jack Sparrow.

When I heard the news about the airlines charging for the extra luggage and expecting problems when we were to fly back from WDW, it really made me mad. I selected the airline to return on because we could check in at the resort. However, I am glad that Disney and the airlines are working together to find a solution to the extra baggage problem.

We keep watching the shows on the Travel Channel. Every time one shows, Belle and I get so excited. She wants to go to Epcot to the French Pavilion and get one of those Grand Marinier (sp?) frozen cocktails. I'll take the Grey Goose Frozen Lemonade.

So, that's about it. Have a Disney Day!!!

You have really done well with the planning and it should all be fine, I think if you bought your tickets before they started charging, most likely they will honor the "no extra fee" if you push the issue. Ask them to compensate you since that fee did not exist when you purchased and it really is unfair to the traveling public.

If Belle really likes Grand Marnier, try baking her a chocolate cake and brush it with the marnier before you frost it. Yummy!
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Thanks for the tip Keasmom! You guys want a recipe for the perfect Margarita like they make here at the Palms in LV? Here you go...

Use the margarita glass to measure. Put in the glass two shots of Don Julio Reposado and fill the rest of the way with Triple Sec. Take the contents, place in a cocktail shaker, and shake it for 15-20 seconds. Take the glass, put salt on the rim. Pour the Margarita back into the glass you just put the salt on. Finally pour a little of the Grand Marnier on top and enjoy a nice, smooth Margarita!

Back to the trip. I tried to call Airtran and plea my case. They said no deal. They hold the cards in this case. I can't really switch airlines at this point, I would be paying a lot of money to change. I'll just pay the $20 and curse the airline after I return.

Belle and I had to change our costume selections. After figuring out that we just are not going to have enough space in the luggage for our costumes, we decided to get Mickey and Minnie Mouse shirts and get at the parks the appropriate wedding ears. We are on our second honeymoon/10 year anniversary. And we need to keep with the "keep it simple" philosophy that mini-v suggested.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast