Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW 2008 Pre and Post Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; TWO MORE MONTHS!!! Just can't believe that we are 62 days away from our big vacation. Belle asks me every day how much longer since she knows that I pretty ...
    WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Talking 2 More Months!!!!!

TWO MORE MONTHS!!! Just can't believe that we are 62 days away from our big vacation. Belle asks me every day how much longer since she knows that I pretty much look at my ticker in my signature.

I bought some shoes for the WDW trip and I love them. They are made by Nike and they are called Nike Shox. These shoes are made for running, but look like a casual shoe. They are very, very light in weight, support my foot and I love the little shocks in my heal. I have worn them at the mall while shopping, and they work really well. They are $100 shoes, but I feel that it is money well spent. I ordered them on line at finishline.com and picked them up at the store in the mall. Here's the link:

Athletic Shoes, Running Shoes, Basketball Shoes for Men, Women & Kids' | FinishLine.com | Nike Mens Shox NZ Running Shoe

Also, you can find a discount coupon code on line. Just google Finish Line Coupons, and a list of sites with coupon codes will pop up. I was able to save 10%. But hey, every penny counts.

OK. Enough about shoes. I'm starting to talk like Belle (aka Imelda Marcos). Everything is about her handbags and shoes. Yes, I had to suffer through that chick movie that came out late May and was the only guy in the movie theater. But I did it out of love. I checked airfare again. Lowest price for the time we would want to arrive and leave: $625.00 on priceline through multiple airlines. Still saving money.

I asked our travel agent to put a note on our reservation that we are celebrating our 10th anniversary/2nd honeymoon. So, she said that she would.

One last thing, I would like to thank all of you that read my post. It really makes me feel good that I am able to share with 750+ people my story and my Disney experience. It will make this trip and celebration extra special being able to share this magical experience with all of my friends here on the board.

That's it for now. I got to get some lunch, hit the ice to get some skating in, and go umpire a championship baseball game tonight.

Have a great day!!!
    Last edited by WDWtraveler46; 07-17-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Thumbs up All paid up...$$$

The last payment for our vacation package was taken out today. So, everything is now set in stone!!!

I know I could have waited a couple of days more and have the float of the money, but I wanted to pay "cash" and not put it on our credit card. It's such a nice feeling knowing that I don't have to worry about any extra credit card payment when I get back.

So now I'm finding that we keep running once a week to the Disney Store Outlet here in LV. Picking up shirts and other stuff for the trip. I guess I can officially call Belle a "Disney Freak!" OK, OK, in all fairness I am too. Yesterday, Belle kept telling me that she has so many tshirts that I should be the one to get some. She didn't want to look like the only "Disney Nerd" in the pictures that I'm going to post when I get back. I did find a couple, yet, she was looking for that Tinkerbelle Summer Concert T and found it for $4.99 in her size. The internet shopping had it, but not her size. She wasn't going to get it at first until I convinced her to just get it. It really wasn't hard to talk her into it. So, $40 lighter yesterday. We did find some great deals.

Just checked airfares. Still saving $$$. Now the cheapest flights are at $800 for the times that we would like to leave and return. Still not doing too bad.

I keep daydreaming about the food over there. It's bad, I know. But, I keep thinking about the crab claws at Fulton's, the cheese soup and steak at Le Celier, and the Japaneese experience at Teppan Edo. I'm going to have to do so much exercise when I come back. I won't be able to fit into my referee pants!

That's it for now. As my travel agent says, "Have a Disney Day!"
    Last edited by WDWtraveler46; 08-10-2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Incorrect restaurant reference

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)

Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    I absolutely am enjoying reading about your PRE trip report... And the last four lines of your sig, SO WONDERFUL
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWtraveler46 View Post
    OK. Enough about shoes. I'm starting to talk like Belle (aka Imelda Marcos). Everything is about her handbags and shoes. Yes, I had to suffer through that chick movie that came out late May and was the only guy in the movie theater. But I did it out of love.

One last thing, I would like to thank all of you that read my post. It really makes me feel good that I am able to share with 750+ people my story and my Disney experience. It will make this trip and celebration extra special being able to share this magical experience with all of my friends here on the board.
    Did I hear someone say shoes! I am sooooo there.. Oh wait, I wasn't invited nowheres was I

Anddddddddd Mr are you sureeeeeeeeeeee that we folks here on the boards is the reason why this is gonna be special... I'm thinking it's gonna be Imelda Marcos
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Thanks for the posts Butlers.

I am really glad that you are enjoying my report. Belle just read your posts, and her reaction was "How Cute!" and "How Sweet."

You did bring up a good point. The members of the boards will make this trip special, Belle aka Imelda Marcos is going to make the trip...magical. Since both of us work, we really cherish the time we spend with each other. Especially when we go on vacation, we savor that time.

We just get a kick knowing that people (more specific, fellow Disney fans) are interested in hearing about our trip. I'm trying not to make it one of those "Aunt and Uncle" trip stories that you just dread sitting through as a kid. I realize that times are tough right now, and Disney just gives a really big escape from the bad news we keep hearing.

I hope that my "post" trip report will give to everyone who reads it a "little vacation" of their own. I also hope by me talking my way through the process of planning this vacation to WDW, that it allows those who are just thinking about going or really planning on going a little background and some tips that I have found out along the way. If you are going to WDW, I hope that my thread gets them excited. I, just like the next WDW fan, gets more and more excited for my trip when I read about other fan's trips.

Thanks for reading and please stay tuned...
    Last edited by WDWtraveler46; 08-03-2008 at 11:42 PM.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWtraveler46 View Post
    I keep daydreaming about the food over there. It's bad, I know. But, I keep thinking about the crab claws at Folsom's,
    I'm not familiar with Folsom's... where is that restaurant located?

It sounds like you've got a wonderful trip planned!

Your last few days are during the start of the Food & Wine festival in Epcot. Since you'll be on the dining plan, if you didn't already know, in the past most of the food samples at the festival booths are 1 snack credit each. You can save up your snack credits and really enjoy the food offerings. There are also a couple of special events on Saturday the 27th - a cheese tasting and a food & wine pairing event at Tutto Italia. They are an additional charge, but a nice "grown up" thing to do together. More info can be found here: Food and Wine Festival - Epcot . Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is playing at the America Gardens Theatre stage Sept. 26-28 too.

One idea for your costumes - your 'bride' could wear a white shirt and shorts or skirt, you could wear one of those t-shirts with the tuxedo printed on it. A little silly, but still simple! Be sure to pick up Anniversary buttons when you check in!

Quite a few DWT members will be at WDW in September. Check out http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ptember-2.html and http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...want-meet.html if you're interested!

Happy planning!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I'm not familiar with Folsom's... where is that restaurant located?
    Sorry, I keep getting "Folsom's" and "Fulton's" confused. Fulton's is in Downtown Disney. Allears.net reviews are not really spectacular, but every time we go, we have always received good food and decent service. My Mom is from New England area, so she would give me the run down on seafood. I always hear from her that the sweetest meat of either a lobster or crab is the claw. And, if you break the shell open correctly, you can get some really good chunks of meat.

Your last few days are during the start of the Food & Wine festival in Epcot. Since you'll be on the dining plan, if you didn't already know, in the past most of the food samples at the festival booths are 1 snack credit each. You can save up your snack credits and really enjoy the food offerings. There are also a couple of special events on Saturday the 27th - a cheese tasting and a food & wine pairing event at Tutto Italia. They are an additional charge, but a nice "grown up" thing to do together. More info can be found here: Food and Wine Festival - Epcot . Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is playing at the America Gardens Theatre stage Sept. 26-28 too.
    OH YEAH!!!!!! The Food & Wine festival at Epcot. I had it in back of my mind, and was going to address it in the next couple of weeks with Belle. I was waiting to see if Disney was going to allow us to use our snack credits for the samples. I'm going to ask at check in. Also, Belle really enjoys swing music, so I had already planned on stopping to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. Hate to say it, but I hope I don't step on her toes.

One idea for your costumes - your 'bride' could wear a white shirt and shorts or skirt, you could wear one of those t-shirts with the tuxedo printed on it. A little silly, but still simple!
    It's not silly. I appreciate your idea. We already got a couple of t-shirts for the party.

Be sure to pick up Anniversary buttons when you check in!
    Already there. Thanks for the reminder.

Quite a few DWT members will be at WDW in September. Check out http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ptember-2.html and http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...want-meet.html if you're interested!
    I'll check it out. Thanks for finding me the link.

Thank you for all the good advise!!!!
    Last edited by WDWtraveler46; 08-10-2008 at 11:24 PM.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Wow, you guys are really close to your departure date. Have a great time.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

It really is. Every day, Belle and/or I just look at each other and say, "Can it be September yet???"

Thanks for the post.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

One More Month...

We are now down to one more month before we leave on our trip! I know it's close, but it still feels far away.

Hey butlers, Belle AKA Imelda Marcos, bought some shoes for the trip. She followed my lead and got some Nike Shox. Since she has small feet, she was able to get a girls/youth size shoe and save some $$$. This is what she got:

Athletic Shoes, Running Shoes, Basketball Shoes for Men, Women & Kids' | FinishLine.com | Nike Kids' Shox Remix 2 Running Shoe

Just for giggles, I check airline fares again today. If we want to leave at really odd times, it would have cost us $600+. But, to leave on the same flights, it would cost us $1,000. Still saving $$$ to spend on our trip.

Gotta go. The countdown continues...

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

21 more days!

Or, I like to put it, 3 weeks to go! We just wish it was tomorrow. But, if it was tomorrow, we wouldn't be packed!!!

We got our Magical Express passes last week. I think Belle and I studied the packet for a half an hour a piece. We are still waiting on our packet from the travel agent, which should be here in the next week.

I think we are done shopping for clothes for the trip, unless Belle changes her mind about her outfits. We just need to get the travel size stuff for the airplane.

I'm thinking of calling the airline the day before our flight to see if I can get some sort of upgrade to first class. If I pay $100 or $200 extra, I think it would be worth it. Expecially since we are flying at night and would like to stretch out. We have people sitting next to us right now.

Our TA e-mailed us and said that disney is offering a bounceback deal as long as you book when you are on the trip. I know it's bad, but we are considering it again for next year. We just can't get enough of WDW!!!! It's also just too early to start thinking about it.

Just wanted to drop a quick line. I'll get in a little more deeper as we approach our departure time. Have a magical and Disney day!!!

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I agree - you have gotta market this!

And lets see - that would be going on $200,000 a year to live in Grand Flordian. A bit pricey for a one-bedroom condo, but the view is nice. I better start playing the lotto...

Thanks for the fun and informative read, Traveler dude

Got our vacation packet!!!!!

We got our vacation packet from the TA today. I have not seen Belle open mail so fast since she got her Coach bag that I won for her on eBay!!!

So, this is what was included in the vacation packet:

• A cover letter from the Travel Agent.
    • A summary of our reservations & our itinerary.
    • A copy of the Trip Insurance Policy. (We got it due to the hurricane season.)
    • A flyer talking about the change in the Water Park Fun & More option where you get a free round of golf in lieu of PI. But, WE ARE GOING TO PLEASURE ISLAND, Thank you!
    • A note about the resort airline check-in.
    • Our hotel voucher for the Coronado Springs.
    • A meal voucher for Planet Hollywood for $15. But, since we have the DDP, I don't think we will do it.
    • A Planet Hollywood Souvenir Voucher.
    • A voucher for the sea raycers. Where we rent for 60 minutes, and get an extra 30 minutes. We will be using this for our free day.
    • Mini Put voucher. Definitely use this for the day we arrive so we can save some of our days for the parks. It's for a free round of golf for one of us.
    • A free 5 x 7 photo of our choice. We will use this, but we are still planning on pre-ordering our photo pass CD before we go.
    • From the Travel Agent, a sort of passport holder from the travel agency.
    • Two luggage tags
    All included in a clear plastic envelope from the Disney Travel Company (Which is a nice touch!) It reminds me of Cinderella's Glass Slipper.

The luggage tags are great. I'm really debating on whether we should put them on the luggage or keep them as keepsakes.

The TA sent what reminds me of a oversize passport holder. It's nice, but she only sent us one. We got a couple of lanyards from Lou and I want to wear them. I think we will stick with Lou's lanyards.

This is the first week that we have not gone to the Disney Store Outlet here in LV. You think they miss us? I mean, we got all the shirts we need. We have the luggage. I think we need to start saving some $$$ for the stuff we will be getting at WDW.

That's it for now. Talk later.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    They are probably in shock that they haven't seen you two. Since you are down to three weeks, are you getting the butterflies, planning the exact first thing you will do, salivating at the thought of a dole whip or Mickey Bar? Did you write your list of needed meds-aspirin, tylenol, immodium, pepto, tums, sinus stuff, back and body pains stuff? Are you down to micro planning?

Cannot wait to read more.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Reply and a little worried...

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Since you are down to three weeks, are you getting the butterflies,
    OH YEAH!!! We have the pre-Disney World Trip butterflies. For myself it seems that one minute I am saying to myself that it feels so close, then the next minute I'm saying that it's light years away!

planning the exact first thing you will do, salivating at the thought of a dole whip or Mickey Bar?
    All of our ADR's and which park has extra magic hours on which days are on Belle's and my Blackberries. I've been trying to find some good time with Belle, which will probably be tonight, to write down which attractions we want to go to. We have mentioned between each other, we need to do this, we need to do that, etc. But we need to have a plan of attack. (Here is the DI!) I'll give you guys a little hint as to the first thing we are going to do when we get to the MK during EMH. Belle and I have never been on Dumbo together. In all the years we have known each other, and going to both Disneyland in CA and MK, we have never been on Dumbo together. So, while everyone is running to go get on Splash Mountain or Space Mountain, we will be running to Dumbo.

Did you write your list of needed meds-aspirin, tylenol, immodium, pepto, tums, sinus stuff, back and body pains stuff? Are you down to micro planning?
    We have a standard list for when we go out of town for what we need to take. I just read it a couple of times to delete or add things as we go. Tuesday night, while I was practicing my skating, I ran into one of the figure skaters on the ice. She may have won the fight, but I won the war. I did suffer a slight battle wound in my knee. Which got a little bit sore. But, it's healing up. I already have some pain relievers on my list.

Now, on to my little worry. I have been studing weather.com and following all of the tropical storms and depressions in the gulf. I have not been too worried until now. TS Fay did hit Florida, but by looking at the story on allears.net, it didn't look like it was too bad. TS Gustav looks like will miss FL, but will hit Louisana. Which, if we were leaving in the next week, could cause problems with the airlines. But, now we have TS Hanna (Montana) It's super far from Florida, but it's formed on the eastern side of WDW. It's projected path has it pointed right at Orlando.

But, weather.com is saying the following:

"Hanna is forecast to track northwest into the weekend and become a hurricane by Sunday or Monday. Fortunately, at that point, it will be located well northeast of the Bahamas. It does not appear to be of any threat to land in the near future, but Hanna will need to be closely monitored beyond this weekend and during the majority of next week."

So we will see. Belle and I will say a little prayer tonight for the people in the Jamaica and in the southern US with Gustav. I will keep an eye on this.
    Last edited by WDWtraveler46; 08-28-2008 at 03:31 PM.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast