Thanks, Gustav looks like a baddie. Hopefully he will lose strength or go way west and down (sorry Mexico) the coastal states have had too many lately- we had over 10 inches of rain off Fay. I will help watch, maybe hannah will be a non-event or a non Florida event. Airlines usually try to get flights moving to any where not affected right away because too many local economies depend on tourist dollars to stay afloat. Believe for the best. You two are gonna have a blast.
Gustav is going to leave Florida alone.
But it looks like Hanna might turn and come into the gulf.
Yeah, looks like Gustav is going to hit New Orleans and miss WDW. But, also looking at the projected path of TS Hanna, it looks like it will come close to the Florida eastern coastline, then take a hard left hand turn and hit Cuba.
Have fun and I can't wait to see the post trip report.
Okay, Hannah is now expected to go in near charleston, SC and is not supposed to impact florida other then maybe some rain. Ike and Josephine are another story.
Hurricane Watch Update
Yeah, in looking at weather.com, Gustav looks like it's not going to hit WDW nor be another Katrina (Thank god.) I'm now not too worried about Hanna (Montana) anymore. It looks like it just stalled in the Atlantic, yet, the "projected path" has it going up north by WDW by Friday. Well before our trip.
I'm not too worried about Ike either, unless it stalls out in the ocean. The projected path with Ike getting close to Cuba is by Sunday. We would have a full week and a couple of days to reach WDW by the time it hits Cuba. Don't think it will.
Can't say as much for Josephine. It's extremely early to make any determination. But, as usual, being the planner & researcher, I'll keep a close eye on it.
Thanks Keysmom for keeping me updated. :mickeykid:mickeykid:mickeykid
More Hurricane Watch
So the latest on Ike is to keep a watch to see if it hits landfall. Hopefully, it loses steam now so by the time it does reach landfall or possibly Florida, it doesn't hurt our vacation. The projected track is for it to be on the doorstep of Florida by Tuesday, one week before we leave. No worries at all.
Also, Josephine appears to be struggling to exist. So, I just don't think it will be any kind of threat to our vacation.
Oh my god, it just hit me. We are less than two weeks before we are to go on vacation!!!! :yahoo::hurray::hurray::bouncy::woohoo1:
The monorail is about to arrive at the station! :D
You are lucky again-- Ike looks like it'll be going to the Western gulf, so you should have a pleasant Disney vacation!
Still a bit worried...
As everyone knows, and was wishing, Hurricane Ike looks like is going to miss WDW!
But, I am still a bit worried. We are flying into Houston then going to Orlando. Ike can still cause problems with that. My only saving grace will be that if Ike speeds up and hits the US around Tuesday or Wednesday. Then that will be one week before we leave. And it doesn't look like anything is brewing past Ike. :grin::grin::grin:
Time will tell....
Request for upgrades....
I heard somewhere that Coronado Springs has upgraded some of the standard rooms, queen size beds and flat screens. So, I sent an email to our TA asking for the best advise on requesting one of these rooms. She e-mails me back that she can do the request. Another perk of the TA, not having to worry about calling Disney for different requests. So we will see when we arrive.
9 more days in a couple of hours. Can't believe it! Belle is getting as excited as well. Every morning, before we go to work, she always asks me how many more days. Also, God knows how bad we need to go on vacation!!!
Finally, thanks all for reading my thread. I'm hoping that it hits 1,500 before we leave.
So, have a Disney day and a Disney week!!!:mickeykid:mickeykid:mickeykid
We are now 1 week before we take off to WDW!!! In looking at the weather reports. It looks like Ike will pass through Texas and by Houston by Monday Morning, unless it decides to stall. So, we should have about a 48 hour buffer between when when the storm may pass through Houston and when we will arrive. Another thing, weather.com does not have any other hurricanes/tropical storms brewing, which makes me extremely happy!
I just looked at the 10-day forecast, it says isolated t-storms. If it happens, it happens. Just as long as we get there and have fun, that's all that counts.
I'm glad I called the airport parking. Come to find out, they moved the lot we were going to park at across the freeway. Can't complain, it's a $1/day cheaper and they still have a shuttle to the airport.
That's all for now!!!
Good morning, down to 4 days, are you two just so excited? Looks like no tropical systems are brewing currently, so you should have normal weather. Ike has come on shore and later in the day, today, or early tomorrow, you should know if the Houston airports will be usable. That looks like the only bit of concern right now, and as fast as travel can resume, they will get it done to protect the jobs and economies.
Only 4 more days, woohoo.
Oh yeah! The excitement is just taking over right now. We were a little worried with Ike and if it would cause havoc on our flight to MCO. But, it looks like it isn't as bad. :woohoo1:
Were packing as I speak. I just needed to take a quick break. :beach:
I have been reading all about your trip. Good luck and have a blast! It sounds like you two will have no problem having a good time together. Enjoy the magic and can't wait to hear the trip report...
Can you believe this???
We are now into day 2 of packing. Belle, oh I mean Imelda Marcos, hasn't packed her shoes and accessories yet. :grin::grin::grin: I'm on a mission right now. We bought some rain coats from Disney outlet where you can pack them back up and store them in their own little zipper bag in back. Well, Belle is so excited and wanted to see them, so she took them out of the bag and now can't remember how to put them back. Her response was, "I was just so excited, I wanted to check them out. But, you are the husband, you figure out how to put them back." Now, I'm checking the Internet to see if I can find instructions, but to no avail. So, I'm just going to have to figure this one out.
It's OK honey, I understand. I love you.
Looks like our flight to Houston is going to be all right. Continental is resuming flights tomorrow.:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Two more days, and we will be at WDW!:mickeykid:mickeykid:mickeykid
OK, back at tackling the rain coats. Talk later.
P.S. Thanks for all the views! Can't believe that we hit 1500. Also, thanks Danielle for your post!