Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW 2008 Pre and Post Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Have a wonderful trip. With all of the planning, arranging, scheduling, and worrying over details, you have done everything you can to ensure a great trip. So go, relax, unwind ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Have a wonderful trip. With all of the planning, arranging, scheduling, and worrying over details, you have done everything you can to ensure a great trip. So go, relax, unwind and have a magical trip.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile We are at the airport!!!!!

Just thought I would let you guys know. WE ARE AT THE AIRPORT!!!!!

The flight is fully booked, so we were unable to get upgraded to first class. I'm feeling tired, so hopefully I can sleep on the plane.

Anyways, I thought I would give you guys a couple of pics from Las Vegas. Sorry they are of so bad quality, but I took them while Belle was driving and I was using my Blackberry.

Bellagio.

Luxor and one of our favorite hotels, Mandalay Bay. It's got the best pool (er, I mean beach) in town!!!

So, that's it for 12 days. I'll talk to you guys when we get back.

Eric (WDWTraveler46)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WDW 2008 Pre and Post Trip Report-bellagio.jpg   WDW 2008 Pre and Post Trip Report-lv.jpg  

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Already eagerly awaiting that trip report.

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Sitting here waiting for the fabulous trip report in store for us...I guess I will have to find something else to do in the meantime...lol!!!
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

Were Still Here

Still have a day and a half. I should get to sleep, for we have a really early day tomorrow, but I haven't had internet for almost a week. Something just wasn't working with my Blackberry.

I'm also planning on getting the photopass pics before I start posting, but I have been taking many pics of my own and taking notes as we go.

So, I will give you guys a FULL trip report once I receive the photopass pics and get things down.

Eric (and Jacque', AKA Belle)

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)

Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Smile I'm Back!!!!

I've returned to semi-reality and I am back at the grind. I will be giving you guys a trip report soon. However, I ask that you guys please be patient with me. I took a lot of pictures (I think I remember seeing some 500 or so), I need to order the Photo CD, and I recorded some video that I will try to post somewhere for everyone to enjoy.

So, once I get the photo CD and all the pics and video downloaded, I will get you the... (Play trumpets) September 2008 Post WDW Trip Report.

Thanks All!!!

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

While patience is not my strong point, even I understand that everyone needs a week or two to transtion from WDW mindset, back to reality. Even work can be done in a fog, while the last of the pixie dust winds outs of your system. So you are off the hook for the forseeable future. Enjoy the afterglow.

The trip report is coming!!!

I know you guys are anxiously awaiting my report. I've got the photopass CD on it's way. So, once I get it, I'll start posting!!!!

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

butlers is offline Lost in Tenderness!!!!!!
    Just around the riverbend over the cobblestone corner of the high arched castle
    Oh The Suspense
    April 23rd, oh yeah it's gonna be ON!

Can't wait. New food pics- yeehaw.

I checked the mail...

...And still no photopass pics. But, while I am working, studying the Ice Hockey rules, practicing my skating, (I have my seminar or "try out" a week from tomorrow) and trying to spend some time with Jacque', I'm working on the report. So, hopefully, all I need to do is insert the pictures when they come.

I promise, I'll check the mail every day.

Eric

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

The official WDW post trip report

The Photopass CD is now in!!!! So, for your reading and viewing enjoyment, I present...

Eric and Jacque's 10th Anniversary trip to Walt Disney World

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Day 1 - Arrival Day

We left Las Vegas at 1:00AM in the morning. We flew into Houston, had a layover of an hour, then off to MCO and to see Mickey. I slept for about an hour and a half on the plane and Jacque’ (Belle) seemed to have slept for four hours. She definitely got more sleep then me.

Once we touched down, we went to the Magical Express. This was the official start to our 10th anniversary trip! I think we waited maybe 20 minutes for the Magical Express to take us to the Coronado Springs Resort. But, it seemed like an eternity, especially since we so wanted to freshen up and we were HUNGRY!

Jacque’ and I got to Coronado Springs and it was so nice to finally see some Disney. We immediately checked into our room, got our Key to the World cards, and the front desk cast member says, “Oh, I see we are celebrating an anniversary. Congratulations! Here you go…” She hands us our “Happy Anniversary” buttons. Jacque’s face just lit up. We put them on the lanyard that Lou sent us. It was perfect; there was a pin hole in the lanyard just for it! I then ask her about if we are in an upgraded room. My only interest was that we have a queen size bed. Last year at POFQ, we had one of the double beds and I felt like a hillbilly with my feet hanging off the end of the bed. The cast member checked and gave us a choice, we can stay with our standard room which had the queen size bed and get to our room now. Or, wait and she would be able to upgrade us to one of the water view rooms with the queen size bed. We were dying for a shower and didn’t want to wait. We took the standard room with the queen size bed.

Our room was over at the Ranchos buildings, on the first floor. (Thank god! Who wants to climb stairs after walking through the parks all day.) We walked in, and were immediately greeted by a towel animal. Actually, it was towel art. It was Mickey Mouse that was lying on the bed. As we walk to the sink, there was a towel animal of a fish holding one of the bars of soap. Cute touch and a nice welcome to the room. The room was nice, and the bed was a welcome sight. We actually rested for about 15 minutes, took quick showers, and then headed over to Downtown Disney. We were still hungry.

Jacque’ and I decided to eat at Earl of Sandwich. After hearing great reviews of the sandwiches, I think it was just the best place for us to go. We also didn’t want to eat too much because we had ADR’s for that night. Both of us had the Original. It was a really good sandwich. I just wish it had more meat. The bread was the selling point of the sandwich. We used our first quick service credits.

The afternoon was spent at DisneyQuest. I know that we wanted to go to the mini putt; however, we just felt that we didn’t have enough time before dinner. But, we still had fun. Jacque’ absolutely enjoyed the old vintage video games. She kicked my butt on Ms. Pac Man, but I vowed revenge on Donkey Kong. ;-) We went on the Buzz Lightyear’s Bumper Cars and also did the Virtual Pirates of the Caribbean. The virtual PotC was cool. I would recommend anyone going to DisneyQuest to try it.

We had ADR’s at the Maya Grill at the resort. We left Downtown Disney to head back to the resort to get freshened up. Once we arrived back at our room, we said, “OK, we will sleep for 15 minutes, get up, and go eat.” Our luggage had arrived magically in our room. Well, 15 minutes turned into 5 minutes before our ADR! Jump out of bed, change quickly, and hurried off to the Maya Grill.

At the Maya Grill, Jacque’ and I started off with appetizers. I had the Seafood Margarita and Jacque’ had the Shrimp Cocktail. The Seafood Margarita was ok, nothing to write home about. The waiter suggested the Seafood Skillet, but I didn’t feel like a tomato sauce. I would suggest ordering something else as an appetizer. Jacque’ said she has had a better Shrimp Cocktail back home. The shrimp were smaller there at the Maya Grill.

For the main course, Jacque’ had the Rib Eye and I had the Mix Grill. Jacque’ did enjoy the Rib Eye, but she knew that there were better steaks to come! My Mix Grill was actually good. I had more than enough to eat. The fish was tilapia, which I could have had 3 more pieces. It was really good and light. The ribs were also tasty. The filet was ok, but I have had better at Jiko.

Then the final course, dessert. Jacque’ tried the Crème Brule and I had the Refried Cheesecake. She enjoyed the Crème Brule saying that it was nice to have something sweet after dinner. I liked the Refried Cheesecake without the vanilla sauce (I have an allergy for nuts.) I would get it again.

Overall, it was a good meal. Our waiter was great, the food was a good start to our vacation, and both Jacque’ and I enjoyed the ambiance of the Maya Grill. We left satisfied knowing that tomorrow we would be at the Magic Kingdom.

Day 1 - Arrival Day - Pictures: Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW Trip...#
    Note: I know, not that many, but it was just the first day. I promise, more to come.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Great start, I am so happy to see the report starting and look forward to the rest of the report. Sounds like you two had a lovely first day. I linked over to the pics, nice room and that towel art was a very nice touch. I liked that fish eye, great Disney attention to detail.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 10-18-2008 at 11:27 AM.

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

For day two, I planned on the Magic Kingdom and we had ADR’s for the Hoop Dee Do Musical Review. But, here comes the drill instructor!!! In the 12 years that Jacque’ and I have known each other, even having annual passes to Disneyland, we have never been on Dumbo’s flight together before. The line was always too long for us to get on. What better time than ever, for our 10th anniversary vacation, we would have our inaugural Dumbo flight together. So, I told Jacque’ that we need to avoid the crowd at all cost. Meaning, GETTING UP AT THE CRACK OF DAWN! MK had the Early Magic Hour that morning. So, we got up at 6:00 AM Eastern time(3:00 AM back in LV.) Made it to MK by 7:50, and at rope drop at 8:00, immediately went to Dumbo.

At Dumbo, we were on the first flight of the day. Jacque’ and I got on and we went around and around. As the ride was slowing down, I gave Jacque’ a little peck on the cheek and we got off. Got our picture in front of the ride and then ran off to do some of the other rides in Fantasyland. It may sound a little strange, but it felt so nice for us to experience something for the first time together again.

Can you imagine a 5 minute wait for Peter Pan? Or, better yet, virtually walking on! That’s what we did, we walked onto Peter Pan. It’s still one of my all time favorites at the MK and Disneyland.

Hopped onto Pooh with a 5 minute wait as well. After we got off, we went over to Pooh’s Playful Spot. Jacque’ and I took “funny” pics of each other. Actually, there is a story to the pic where I have the water splashing up my crotch. Many, many moons ago at Disneyland I was there with my parents and Jacque’. There is one of those water spots in Tomorrowland. You know, where the water shoots up from the floor and usually there is a ton of kids playing. In the middle of this water mine field was a big, huge ball suspended by water. My Dad thought it looked neat and wanted to get a closer look. He times the water perfectly and gets to the big ball. I wanted to join him, so I trek across, and low and behold, one of the water jets squirts me right up my shorts. I so looked like I had a HUGE accident. Everyone around got a big laugh, and I will never live it down for the rest of my life. The pic with me standing on one foot with the water squirting up underneath me is to pay homage to that incident. Back to the trip.

After Fantasyland, we headed to Tomorrowland where went to Space Mountain. There was only a 10 minute wait. It’s so nice not having to wait for anything longer than 30 minutes! After Space Mountain, we hit up Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin where Jacque’ got 30,000 points and I got 37,000 points. After getting off that ride, we went to Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor. They put my picture on the screen with the caption, “One who can burp the alphabet.” Too funny. After the laugh, we went across the way to Stitch’s Great Escape. I don’t think I can get that chili dog smell out of my mind. We finished off Tomorrowland by going on the TTA (nice rest) and the Carousel of Progress.

It was lunch time, and we planned on eating at the Columbia House. It’s one of Jacque’ and my favorites. The fish and chips are always good, and we even got cookies from the cast members for our anniversaries.

Actually, everywhere we went, we were wished a happy anniversary by the cast. Some stopped us and asked us how long and if we had any kids. We would always joke and say that if we had kids, we wouldn’t have been able to afford to come here. Any rate, when God blesses us with that gift, he will when he feels its right.

After lunch, we headed to the front of the park to get our Cinderella’s Castle pic and our Photopass. Before taking the pic, we stopped to watch the Main St. Family Fun Day Parade. It put a smile on my face seeing everyone having fun.

After the pics, we finally broke down and got a fast pass for the Jungle Cruise then hit up PotC. I hope everyone is sitting down, because what I am about to tell you will knock you off your feet! We walked onto PotC. Yes, absolutely no wait. I like PotC, but I think I am more partial to the Disneyland version. Just seems longer.

After PotC, we went to the Enchanted Tiki Room. I got my Tiki on and Jacque’ had fun singing along. After the Tiki Room, we had the DOLE WHIPS. I like the vanilla and dole whip swirled. It was so refreshing since it was a humid day.

We finished the Dole Whips and used our fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise. I missed the corny jokes. You know, “A pair of dorks.” ;-)

Before we left on the trip, Jacque’ wanted to see every single parade, show, and fireworks display we could. One of my regrets from our trip in 2007 was that we missed Wishes by getting a spot late, and the spot was in back of some trees. I vowed that I wasn’t going to miss it this year, and I didn’t. But today we saw the Disney Dreams Come True Parade. It was nice. I got video of it. Unfortunately, I can’t find anywhere I can post the videos I took. All of them are over 10 minutes and are huge files. Anyone have any suggestions, please submit them and I will be happy to post the videos of all the fireworks and shows I took videos of.

We then went on BTMRR where I guess my shorts didn’t grip the seat very well and I slammed into Jacque’ on one of the turns. She was a bit sore when we got to the station, but she walked it off.

After BTMRR, we stopped at the Country Bear Jamboree. I’m glad they are refurbishing it because the sound was just horrible. It really took away from the attraction.

We got out of the Jamboree and went to the front of the castle to watch the Dream along with Mickey. I was amazed that all the characters had facial expressions and now their mouths moved!!!! What an enhancement!

By now, it was nearing dinner time and so we took the train around WDW to rest a bit before heading to Fort Wilderness for the Hoop Dee Do ADR’s we had.

We were extremely early. Could have spent another 30 minutes in the park, no problem. Anyway, the entertainment was fun, and the Fried Chicken and Ribs was finger lickin’ good! I didn’t get involved in the show, but I didn’t want to embarrass Jacque’ either with them announcing our anniversary. It’s all good. I was happy with the meal and after the show, was ready to head back to the room.

Tomorrow, we go to Epcot! Can’t wait for SSE, Soarin’, Test Track, and, and, everything else that’s there. ;-)

Day 2 - Magic Kingdom Pictures: Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW Trip...#

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast