Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW 2008 Pre and Post Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Loving this trip report, sounds like you two had a lot of fun. The photos, too good. I really liked the Aurora preshow and I will not ask what the ...
    Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Loving this trip report, sounds like you two had a lot of fun. The photos, too good. I really liked the Aurora preshow and I will not ask what the random, net shot is. The other photos are really, really good and I hope the vidoe thing gets figured out. Thanks for sharing this trip with us.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

DisneyFamilyJD is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Excellent trip report so far!! Love hearing all about your trip and the pics are great too! Kepp it coming can't wait to hear all about Day 3...I have been checking everyday..lol
    Danielle

WDW Visits: '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, '90, 91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06(2), '07(2), '08(4)

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks Guys!!!!

I will post day 3 in the next couple of days. I was going to work on it last night, but the minute I got home, I fell right to sleep. I had an extremely busy weekend with my referee stuff and didn't get a chance to work on the post that much.

Thanks for the Kudos guys. I'm glad that you guys are enjoying the report and pictures. And thanks for the 2000+ views!!!!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Day 3 - Epcot

We did get a little bit of a late start today to Epcot, but we weren’t worried since Epcot has EMH at night.

Knowing how popular Soarin’ is, after taking the famous pictures in front of Spaceship Earth, we immediately went to get Fastpasses for Soarin’. Right after getting our fast passes, we went to Nemo & Friends. There was only a five minute wait. But, we really just walked right on. Big difference in wait times since we were there in June 2007. I think we waited an hour back then.

After Nemo & Friends, we were hungry. So, we had lunch at the American Pavilion. No wait, unlike Electric Umbrella. I think if we want hamburgers, we will go to American Pavilion before the Electric Umbrella.

We ate lunch then went to the “American Adventure,” and we saw the Voices of Liberty. Jacque’ was moved when they were singing “Danny Boy.” I got a bit choked up as well.

Both of us really liked the “American Adventure.” When we have kids, I’m going to make it a point for them to go see the show. It was both entertaining and educational.

After the “American Adventure,” we had to go get the drinks that we have been looking so forward to ever since we started to plan this trip. We went to the French Pavilion and Jacque’ got the Grand Mariner Orange Slush and I got the Grey Goose Lemonade. It was better than we expected. It was funny how one of the cast members saw our happy anniversary badge and us holding our drinks. She said, “Happy Anniversary and I see that you guys are celebrating in style! Good for you!”

After we finished our drinks, we went to Test Track. But, we were not going to drink and drive, so we got Fastpasses.

We hopped onto Spaceship Earth, I do like the enhancement with the garage and Steve Jobs (I swear it’s him.) But, I think they need to bring back Jeremy Irons. It’s still fun, and we do like the pictures that we e-mail out.

Once we sent the e-mail out of SSE, our Fastpass time for Soarin’ was ready, so off we went. I still remember riding this back at DCA in Cali. I loved it then, and I still love it now. It reminds me of home, especially when they show San Diego. After riding Soarin’, we went on “Living with the Land” and got a nice break off of our feet.

After doing the Land Pavilion, we headed back to Test Track. I love roller coasters or just rides where they run smooth. I don’t care for being jerked around. I think that is why I like TT, RnRC, and Soarin’, to name a few. With TT, I like when we go outside and are driving on the track. It’s that smooth turns and ride that just makes me laugh joyfully.

It’s now dinner time! Time for one of the meals that I was looking forward to in this trip. Teppan Edo. My suggestion, do everything you can to get ADR’s for this place. It was goooood! I tried, for the first time, Japanese Clear Soup. I would get it again. Jacque’ had the tempura for her appetizer and she liked it, but wanted more shrimp. Both of us had the Shrimp and Steak. The Shrimp had a good sauce to compliment it and the steak was very lean and tender. For dessert, both of us had the Green Tea Pudding. We were full, but we still ate our dessert. It must have been good for us to finish it off. ;-)

One of my special souvenirs that I wanted was a stein from Germany. I bought it then. Took a pic for you guys.

By the time I bought my stein, it was a few minutes before Illuminations was going to start. So, we found a primo spot and watched. I think it was one of Lou’s podcasts where one of the favorite sounds was the speech before the actual show and when the speaker blows the torches around the World Pavilion out. That is one of my favorite moments as well. They had the globe and the show was amazing. Jacque’ and I enjoyed it all.

After Illuminations, we hopped onto Madelstrom and the Three Caballeros. Then headed to O’ Canada.

It was getting late, so we went on SSE one more time. This time, we made funny faces. HEHE.

After our comedy routine, we headed back to the hotel.

Day 3 – Epcot Pictures: Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW Trip...

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)

Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

This sounds like such a great trip. And the photos are amazing, great job.

Day 4 - Resort Pool and Pleasure Island

We decided to take it easy today since we knew that we were going to have a really late night going to Pleasure Island for the last time.

So, I took some pictures of the resort and the pool. The pool at Coronado Springs, “The Dig Site,” is just so cool. Jacque’ and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out at the pool.

For dinner that night, it was our traditional anniversary dinner at Walt Disney World. We went to Fulton’s Crab House. Now, it’s not on the Dining Plan, and we knew going in that we would be paying for the meal. However, we needed some extra table service credits for later in the trip.

I started off with the lobster bisque. It was piping hot and good. I just wish that it had more lobster. Jacque’ started with the shrimp cocktail. She felt that she could get bigger shrimp here in Las Vegas for what we paid for. Then, the main course, crab claws!!! The claws were just like I remember. A lot of meat in them, sweet, and with little effort, you were able to clear out the crab meat from the claw. We received a pound and a half a piece and Jacque’ ate ¾ of them and I finished them off. We were literally stuffed. Jacque’ felt that it was a little much for her, and I agree. I think a pound would have been quite adequate. Back in our first visit to Fulton’s in 2005, we had a chocolate cake that was to die for. Come to find out, they don’t carry it anymore. The waiter brought us another type of chocolate cake. It was good, but not what I remember. When the final bill came, we went through $200. We blew our budget for the dinner. But, it was ok. I could not believe that the waiter, knowing that we were celebrating our anniversary and we made a special trip back to the restaurant, charged us for dessert. I thought he would have comped the dessert. I guess it’s the vegas in me. Jacque’ and I felt that we will now skip Fulton’s the next time we make it out to the world. It’s not because they didn’t comp the dessert, but, we want to try something different and felt that we could eat good food for less somewhere else at the World.

After dinner, we went to Pleasure Island. First stop, Comedy Warehouse. We are sad to see it go. When they said that they were on their last nights, everyone booed. We always enjoyed going in there. After our last laugh, we headed over to 8 Trax and danced the night away. Jacque’ got tired kinda quick, so we didn’t make it to the Adventurers Club. I agree with Lou, it will rise again like the Phoenix.

Day 4 - Resort Pool and Pleasure Island Pictures - Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW Trip...#

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    awesome, awesome report!! so glad the two of you had a wonderful time and happy anniversary!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Thanks Amanda for the well wishes. I'm glad you are enjoying the report.

Sorry all, I know I told some of you that I was hoping to have the next installment earlier in the week. However, work got a bit busy and I just got new skates and trying to break them in.

I promise, I am working on the next day after I post this. ;-)

Eric

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    WDWTraveler46, I love your trip reports!!! I am on my lunch break and really enjoying reading these - makes me feel like I was there with you. Thanks for the great reports!!

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Awesome pics as well!! Thanks soo much for sharing!!

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom

Another late start, but it’s ok because of a great bene called Extra Magic Hours. Jacque’ doesn’t drink too often, if at all. So, when she opened up last night, she wasn’t feeling too hot the next day. I was fine. I ran to the gift shop for her and got some Poweraide to get some minerals in her and hopefully make her feel better.

Once I got back, I saw the paper with the bounceback offer for next year on the table in our room. It was the free dining offer once again. Hmmm, looks enticing. Jacque’ and I are always up to going to WDW, however, Jacque’ has always wanted to go on a cruise as well and what better cruise than a Disney Cruise! I thought, “Why not combine the two? We just won’t go to WDW for so many days, yet, go on the cruise.” So, I call our wonderful travel agent and WE ARE GOING BACK TO DISNEY WORLD AND GOING ON A CRUISE NEXT YEAR!!!! We are taking the 4 day Bahamian cruise and then staying at WDW for 7 days with the free dining benefit. We were so excited the rest of the day and the trip. We would just mention either “Cruise” or “Free Dining” to each other and we would just start to laugh like little kids.

Jacque’ and I finally made it out of the room and we headed to the Magic Kingdom. We headed to Splash Mountain and we just about walked right on. No need for a fast pass here. And, yes, we got wet. It was kinda funny, there was a younger couple sitting in back of us. Whenever the girl got wet, she would use a little bit of vulgar language. Not that it offended me, since I officiate sports and have heard it all and been called it all. So, I turn to her, and jokingly say, “That is not Disney World approved language.” Everyone laughed. I guess karma is very much true. Of the four of us, she got wet the most.

After Splash Mountain, we needed to dry off a bit. What better way than to go to Mickey’s PhilharMagic. Donald is so bad. We were still drying off a bit, when we decided to go to It’s a Small World.

Once we got off It’s a Small World, it was time for us to go visit Mickey and Minnie. I figured that it would be the longest wait for us, and it was. We stopped through both Mickey’s and Minnie’s houses, took a couple of pics. Then we stood in line for about 45 minutes to see the first couple of MK. Minnie saw our anniversary pins and after we told them that we had been married for 10 years, Minnie got excited and Mickey gave the “Oh my god!” expression. It was cute.

While we were leaving Mickey’s Toontown Fair, I noticed that the tea cups only had a 15 minute wait. This was another ride that always had a long line and we never went on. Jacque’ didn’t want to spin around since she was still recovering. I promised her that I would not spin her around too much and she agreed to go on. So, it was fun watching the little kids spin around. I did spin us around a bit, but very slowly! Just to have the effect. Jacque’ was a little queasy, but came out OK.

“Cruise”…LOL

So, it was dinner time, and we had ADR’s at Tony’s Town Square. We shared a Cesar Salad and both of us had steaks. The steaks were good, yet, we have had better. For desert, I had the Tiramisu. I love Tiramisu, and this was good. Just not the best. Overall, the dinner was nice and romantic with the “Lady and the Tramp” theme. I think we will skip it next year.

After dinner, we had to see “Wishes.” This time, we picked out a spot early and waited. I was glad we did. We had a great spot, and Jacque’ and I loved it.

We did our last ride at the Haunted Mansion, got the pictures at night in front of the castle, and called it a fun day.

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom Pictures - Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW Trip...#

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Youare going back??? That is too cool. Gosh, now we can read the rest of you trip report while looking at you new countdown ticker. YAY, that is very exciting.

Day 6 is coming...

"PLAYFUL SPOOKS HAVE INTERRUPTED OUR TOUR. PLEASE REMAIN SEATED IN YOUR DOOM BUGGY. WE WILL PROCEED IN JUST A MOMENT."

I'm working on it as I type. Been busy between skating and trying to spend time with Jacque' before "Black Friday" at the mall. (I don't get much time to see her between Thanksgiving and after Christmas due to her working in retail.)

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Day 6 - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Earlier start today because we were going to go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and we were anticipating the wait for Toy Story’s Midway Mania. Being that we are from San Diego and huge Chargers fans, we decided to show our team spirit and wear our Chargers jerseys. They were playing Monday night against Brett Farve and the Jets. Did we ever catch a lot of grief. The minute we boarded the bus, all we heard was how Farve was going to beat us. So, I finally piped, “At least we have the guts to wear our west coast jerseys here. You guys try to wear your Jets jerseys at Disneyland. We will see how long you would last!” Shut them up really quick. The rest of the day, we would hear the occasional chant for “Chargers!!!” or “Your going to lose!!!” It was actually fun talking to the patrons and the Cast Members about the game that night. What better mix of fellow Disney fans and football fans.

Once we arrived at DHS and got our locker, we immediately walked at a fast pace, no, we RAN to TSMM. We did stop quickly at the attraction time board to see what we were facing. Everything was pretty small waits, except for TSMM.

We arrive at TSMM and get the coveted FP. Have a couple of hours to wait. Jacque’ and I walked right out of Pixar Place and saw that the Backlot Tour had a real minimal wait. OK, let’s go on. I got several pics on the tour.

After we exited the Backlot Tour, Mike and Sculley from Monsters, Inc. were meeting with us humans. Mike is sooo short!!! He saw our anniversary buttons and got excited for us. I wish I had video of it.

We said our goodbyes to Mike and Sculley and went to Muppetvision 3D. We enjoy this show. However, I love the Muppet Show. I grew up watching it and I can never get enough.

Once we finished Muppetvision 3D, we headed to Star Tours. Jacque’ still gets a little motion sickness from it. But, I’m still proud of her getting on. The ride is showing its age and I can’t wait for 2.0.

Now is time for TSMM!!! And, the reviews and what everyone is saying, this is one of the best attractions at the World!!! I found myself ducking when the objects were flying by my head. Jacque’ scored 68,000 and I got 157,000. Jacque’ said that this was one of her favorite attractions at WDW. We liked it so; we got FP again for the night.

Jacque’ likes parades, and she wanted to go see TS Block Party Bash. At the same time, it started to rain. Jacque’ and I went back to the locker to get our raincoats we purchased from Disneyshopping.com. It was fun walking down the middle of the main street to a chorus of cheers and boos for our Chargers. Right when we were heading back to where the parade would go by us, the Green Army Men Sarge announced that the parade was cancelled due to rain. I have another day planned for DHS, so we will catch it later.

The wait for the Great Movie Ride was listed at 10 minutes, not bad. So onto the Great Movie Ride. They lied! I counted 30 minutes and the wait que was hot!!! Once we boarded the car, we enjoyed it very much. I was surprised that they still had the MGM movies.

Now was time for us to go see Jacque’s favorite show, Beauty and the Beast. It always reminds me of when I took her to the Broadway show here in LV. So spectacular!

Once the show let out, it was time to go to my favorite ride. Rock n’ Rollercoaster with Aerosmith!!! Talk about intense. Jacque’ usually closes her eyes through the ride, but, she kept them open. I’m so proud of her. I would tell her that she missed so much when she closes her eyes on the ride.

DINNER TIME! We have ADR’s at the Sci Fi. I ordered the steak and Jacque’ had the ribs. We gave each other a taste and the food was enjoyed all around. I enjoyed the Vanilla Coke. I like Coca-Cola! I love Vanilla Coke!!!

Our FP for TSMM came up again. Jacque’ improved her score to 117,000 and I kept steady at 151,000.

After TSMM, we traveled to the Mecca of WDW and watched One Man’s Dream. When I saw the pictures of the Sherman brothers, I immediately thought of Lou’s interview.

We finished the day at Sounds Dangerous. Jacque’ and I were just not impressed at all with it.

Another fun filled day done at WDW. Can’t believe that we are half way done with our vacation.

Day 6 - Disney's Hollywood Studios Pictures: Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW Trip...#

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great TR! Can't wait to read some more!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast