Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW 2008 Pre and Post Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Tiff, Enjoy your trip first! Then, when you get back, you should have a couple of days to read. Who knows, maybe some of what I say will inspire you ...
    WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Tiff,

Enjoy your trip first! Then, when you get back, you should have a couple of days to read.

Who knows, maybe some of what I say will inspire you when you write your trip report.

Eric

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Lovin it. So you two did TSMM 2 times? Cool. What magical treat did Jacque get for the RNRC ride? Hope it was somethhing grand-like a giant hot fudge sundae. THis trip report is really good, can't wait to read more.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Awesome reports and pics! I love reading these!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Lovin it. So you two did TSMM 2 times? Cool. What magical treat did Jacque get for the RNRC ride? Hope it was somethhing grand-like a giant hot fudge sundae. THis trip report is really good, can't wait to read more.
    Oh, she got a really nice souviner to remember the whole trip by and as a reward for surviving all the rides that get her sick. You will see.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)

Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eeyoregirl13 View Post
    Awesome reports and pics! I love reading these!!!
    Glad you are enjoying these. Still reading them during lunch??? How about enjoying the trip report over a dole whip!?!?!

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Haha, I wish!!! I just looked through the DHS pics. I love all the pics from the TSMM ride!!! I just missed that ride by a few months last time I went, so I need to get back there soon! It looks and sounds awesome!

Day 7 - Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party

We had another lazy morning, so we stayed at Coronado Springs, had lunch at the pepper market and went to the pool.

We left the room at about 3 to get to the MK at 4. Once we entered the park, we ate at the Tomorrowland Terrace. I know hamburgers get really old after a while. However, I think this is the best place to get a hamburger at WDW. The biggest selling point is the topping bar! We just can’t get enough of the mushrooms.

After we ate, we got on Snow White. There was only a two minute wait. Really good.

Jacque’ and I got on another ride that we have never been on since we met, the Carousel. It was nice to see Jacque’ have fun like a little girl. We held hands as we were going around.

At this time, the MNSSHP officially started. We got pictures in front of Cinderella’s Carriage and walked over to BTMRR.

Because of the party, there was absolutely no wait to get onto BTMRR. And we had another first time in our lives event. After the first trip around, we came back to the station. The cast member came over the loudspeaker and said that if there is not anyone in the wait queue to get on the train, we can remain onboard and go again! You don’t have to ask us twice. So, we went again! So much fun.

Now was time to go to the Villains Mix and Mingle show. The show and effects were good and it was fun. Jacque’ and I headed down to Liberty Square to stake out our spot for the Boo-to-You parade. The highlights of the parades, the Headless Horseman and the Haunted Mansion float.

After the parade, we went to Main Street, USA and watched the fireworks. Wishes makes me tear up a bit, the Hallowishes fireworks are just fun to watch.

I say the Villains show, the Boo-to-You parade, and Hallowishes make it well worth the price of admission.

Hallowishes ended and we had two hours left to hit attractions and get CANDY!!! We headed to PotC and did the Aladdin’s Magic Carpets. Headed over to Tomorrowland and got on Buzz Lightyear. This time, Jacque’ got revenge for me beating her on TSMM and beat me bad.

If any of the forum members go to next year’s party, may I suggest that you go down Alice’s Treat Party. You score so much candy, you and the kids will be sick for a week!!!

To end the night, we did a final ride at the Haunted Mansion. The cast members were what I would call more in character. Also, we talked to the lady that was outside. She is such a riot out there, joking around about past husbands and all. Do stop for a couple of minutes next time and talk and listen to her.

It was a couple minutes before midnight and time to go. We would go again in a heartbeat. I think when we go next year, we will dress up a little bit more and have fun with the theme.

Day 7 - Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party pictures: Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW trip...#

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

heatherhy01 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have read through your entire trip report today and I loved it! It sounds like you both had a great time and I am looking forward to reading more about it. You had also given me a few ideas for my upcoming trip in March. I think that my girls would enjoy going on a carraige ride. Also, I will look into the Fantasmic package for the Brown Derby Restaurant. Does this use 2 table service credits??? Thanks again for taking the time to write a great trip report!!!

"When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it's because he's so human; and that is the secret of his popularity."
    -Walt Disney

Hi Heather,

I'm glad you love reading my trip report. Did Jacque' and I have a great time? We had a so much more than a great time! And I'm happy to share my experiences with friends who are Disney fans like us.

Even though the carriage ride was romantic for us, we did see a couple of families. It was well worth the $30. There is something tranquil about riding a carriage and hearing the gallop of the horse on the street.

We didn't go this time due to budget and time restraints. I did feel that in the back of my mind that I over planned a bit, but Jacque' wouldn't agree. There were a couple of things that I wanted to go do, that did go by the wayside.

The Brown Derby at DHS and the Fantasmic Package is worth two dining credits per person. I will talk more about it in day 11.

A couple of "tips" when it comes to staying at POFQ:

1. Call ahead and make reservations for the carriage rides. Ressies go quickly. I think I called the WDW Play phone number.
    2. When you go to check in, request a room on the first floor. Ours was on the first floor, yet, we still didn't have any "extra foot traffic" going by our room at all hours of the night. We always request it.
    3. If you have kids, leave a tip for housekeeping and ask if they can leave a little surprise like the towel animals. There is pen and paper in the room. We did this on the third day and when we came back from the parks, we had a couple of them on our bed. (2007 trip)
    4. If you need cash, don't use the ATM's. They charge really high fees. Better yet, go to the front desk (or guest services in the parks) with your debit card that has the credit card symbol on it (Visa, MC, etc.) and purchase Disney Dollars. Once you use them, the cast member will give you change in US dollars and you may want to keep a couple of them for memories.

Time to go to work so I can pay for the 2009 trips. Hope this helps Heather and enjoy your trip in March.

Eric

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom

Let me just start off by saying that I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm sorry that I have fallen behind on the trip report, but, I have been just so busy between work, hockey ref, and trying to spend a bit of time with Jacque'. So, I'll try to pick the pace up a bit here. We are getting close to the time to leave.

So, without further ado...

Being that both of us are animal lovers and when we lived in San Diego, we would go to the SD Zoo and the Wild Animal Park. It’s no wonder we are excited because we are going to Animal Kingdom today.

We left at about 9:00, but we were not in any rush since we were going to take advantage of the EMH for the day.

Once we arrived, I thought we would need to go to get a FP for Expedition Everest, but the stand by line was only 20 minutes. Jacque’ and I decided to go on. I liked the wait queue and took several pictures. All I need to say is, “Wow!” I was a little worried that I would hate the part of the ride that went backwards, but, I had a lot of fun. Jacque’ forgot the Dramamine and the ride did make her a bit sick, but, she survived. I wanted to go again, but Jacque’ just couldn’t stomach another time. I didn’t push her.

By this time, our ADR’s for the Yak & Yeti had arrived. We originally wanted dinner ressies, but there was some event during the time so we decided on lunch especially since the menu does not change. I started off with the Won Ton Soup and Jacque’ had the Pot Stickers. My soup was MMM, MMM good. It had decent sized Wontons and pork and it came with a plate full of the crispy noodles. The thick ones! Jacque’ enjoyed her Pot Stickers. They were pan fried and came out crispy. For the main course, I had the Shrimp Lo Mein and Jacque’ had the Chicken Lo Mein. It was a nice change from the steaks that we been having. Both were really comparable to our local Chinese restaurant here at home. For dessert, Jacque’ went for the sorbet and I had the fried wontons. Jacque’ did enjoy her sorbets, but I loved my fried wontons! I was full, but I found room to stuff myself. Overall, go to Yak & Yeti. I don’t think you will be disappointed!

We finished off lunch and Jacque’ wanted to go on the Kali River Rapids. I was a bit surprised since we just ate, but I agreed. Yes, we got soaked!!!

After the KRR, we walked the rest of our lunch off going through the Jungle Trek. I took some pics of the animals.

Once we finished the Jungle Trek, it was time for Finding Nemo:The Musical. Jacque’ and I love Disney musicals. When Beauty and the Beast came to LV, I made sure to get her tickets. And, we are planning on getting tickets to Lion King when it comes to Mandalay Bay. I know FN:TM is not a full blown musical production; however, I always felt that it would be the closest we can get to one. I love what they have done with it and every time we go to AK, we will make it a point to go see it.

After FN:TM let out, we hiked across the park to see the Lion King production. We like it as well, even though I make a really weak elephant sound. I just view it as a preview to when the musical production comes to LV.

Once the Lion King finished, we were close to the parade route and it was about time. We staked out a spot and enjoyed the parade. To be honest, there was plenty of good spots to view the parade and you didn’t need to get there an hour before it started.

Now that it was getting late, we ran over to the Safari. Good thing we got on when we did. They closed it right after our truck arrived at the station to let us off. I got some more good pictures.

We exited the Safari and walked on the trail right next to it. I got pictures of some of the hippos and we got several pictures of the gorillas. I think we spent 15 minutes just looking and laughing at the one alpha male gorilla that was checking us visitors out.

Our last attraction was “It’s tough to be a bug.” Nice little show and I knew the little tricks so I didn’t get stung or smell the stink bug. I did get terminated with acid, though.

As we were leaving, we were walking through the shops. We came upon the Disney Art collection and as we were browsing I came upon a porcelain Mickey and Minnie riding Dumbo. I called Jacque’ over and showed her. I told her that if it really is $35.00, that we should pick it up to commemorate our first trip on Dumbo together. She agreed. I found the Cast Member who was working the shop, and she said that it really was $35.00. SOLD!!! Later, the cast member told us that it had just arrived and was originally $75.00. The point of the story, you can find bargains at WDW, you just need to search long and hard! And we got a really nice piece of art to further remember our trip together.

Finally, as we were turning our locker key back in, Ricardo, the Cast Member told me to wait a moment. He picks up the phone, dials a number, and tells me that someone wants to talk to me. It was Mickey and Minnie wishing Jacque’ and I a happy anniversary. Ricardo, thank you for spreading a bit of magic on our trip!!!

Day 8 - Animal Kingdom Pictures: Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW Trip...#

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Awesome report, thanks for sharing!! Going to check out the pics now. Wasn't Finding Nemo the Musical awesome?! I thought the costumes and puppets were absolutely Broadway-quality fantastic! And I had to chuckle when you mentioned the one gorilla - I think I know the exact guy you were talking about! He has a bit of a mad look on his face? He was so cute though.

Day 9 - Magic Kingdom

This day I planned on going back to the Magic Kingdom. I think we just can’t get enough of this park! We had some shopping to do for us. I also picked it so we could get to our ADR’s at the Grand Floridian Café for dinner. I did keep the camera in the bag for most of the day. I just felt that I wanted to explore more than stop and take pictures. I did shoot a couple of them.

I have always loved, even as a kid, the attraction posters that greet you as you are walking through the tunnels to Main Street, USA. So, I saved a little bit of my souvenir money so I can purchase a couple of them. Sure enough, I purchased the Haunted Mansion and Tomorrowland attraction posters. They are beautiful! Side note: They are printed by an outside company and shipped to your house. The company sent me the wrong poster. I got a picture of the Haunted Mansion and not the Haunted Mansion Attraction poster. I called them and they immediately sent me the correct poster and I got to keep the wrong poster.

Jacque’ saved her money for a watch. She was going back and forth on whether to get one of the watches that the artist paints on Main Street USA or she saw two watches back at the resort that she liked as well. After debating between the watches, she felt that the watch by the artist would be nice, but didn’t like the bands that they offered. She wanted a metal band, and everything was leather. We will check back later at the resort for the other watches.

We made our way down MSUSA and went to Tomorrowland. Headed to Space Mountain and only had a couple of minutes to wait. It’s was the usual fun, but I really can’t wait for them to change the cars to be like SM at Disneyland. It always scares me with the lack of lap bar. I keep waiting for me to slip out and go flying out of the car. (I know, Jacque’ is going to say “Wuss!”) I also like the fact that they have the speakers in the cars at Disneyland.

After we recovered from Space Mountain, Jacque’ and I thought it would be good time to get our pictures with the Princesses. We get over there with an hour wait. Too long! I would rather go to the Haunted Mansion. That is what we did.

We exited the Haunted Mansion and went on the Mark Twain. I always like this since it reminds me of Disneyland and riding it with my Dad. I miss going to Disneyland with my parents. I dream of the day that I take them to the World, with or without kids.

By this time, it was getting close to our ADR’s. One last ride on BTMRR and Pirates of the Caribbean and it’s off to the Grand Floridian Café.

We exited MK and hopped on the Monorail to the GF. If we weren’t so close to our ADR’s, I would have asked if we could sit up front. But, we will save that experience for another time.

The Grand Floridian Café is now one of our must do’s when we go to the world. Clint was our waiter. We were seated by the window overlooking the pool. He gave us a glass of champagne “Compliments of Mickey.” Nice touch! We started with the French Onion Soup. MMMMM, we love French Onion Soup and this was good. The main course came, New York Steak. It was the best steak we had on property. I ended the dinner with Tiramisu, which was fantastic as well. I didn’t think I could finish it, but I did. All through dinner, we talked about what we have experienced during our vacation and we were thinking about the next year.

It was a romantic dinner to end the day.

Day 9 - Magic Kingdom pictures: Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW Trip...#

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Day 10 - Epcot and the Food & Wine Festival

We got an early start today since today was the beginning of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. MMMMM, we like food!!!! We also have ADR’s for Le Celier today.

Once we arrive at Epcot, we went over to Soarin’ to get a FP. That is our plan every time. We love Soarin’ and always, always go whenever we go to Epcot or to DCA.

From Soarin’, we walked over to Mission:Space. Jacque’ was a little timid about going on since the first time we went on in 2005; she got really sick on the ride. I was able to convince her to go on the Green mission and she came out like a trooper. Next year, I’ll go on the Orange mission since I wanted to make Jacque’ comfortable on going on the ride.

Lunch time!!! We had been saving our snack credits for this day!!! Jacque’ and I walk over to World Showcase and we start off with the Perogie and Wild Mushroom Soup. Both were excellent. OOPS, we need our Grey Goose Gran Mariner Slushies to compliment our food trip around the world. We then walk around to the American Pavilion and I see, “OH MY GOD!!!” LOBSTER ROLLS!!! Yes, I was a pig and ordered two of them! They were oh so good. I was surprised when Lou did his review, he didn’t mention them at all. We munched down the rolls and made our way to the Chinese pavilion and had the pot stickers and the chicken. Would get the chicken again, but skip the pot stickers. I wanted more. Jacque’ and I headed south of the border and finished off with the quesadillas with chorizo and horchata. That was it for us until dinner.

We walked over to Test Track to get FP and decided to take a break at Ellen’s Energy Adventure. Jacque’ does like this attraction, I get a bit bored with it and kinda wish we could spend more time at other attractions.

By this time, our Soarin’ FP was due. We flew over California, and it made me wish we could go back home to San Diego. Then bee lined over back to Test Track for the other FP’s. We were now out of breath and it was time for our ressies at Le Celier.

Le Celier was as I remember. I ordered the Cheese Soup which was good. I then had the Prime Rib, which was cooked to perfection. I then finished off the meal with the Crème Brule. MMMMM Good! Gotta go back.

In keeping with the Canadian theme, we saw O’Canada yet again.

We had not made it onto Imagination with Figment since being on our trip to the world, so we walked right on. I hate the stinky smell, but it was fun.

After smelling Figment, we ran to Nemo and Friends and saw the fishes. Yet again, no wait.

I was ready to get another speed fix, so we went over to Test Track, however, it was down. I thought, since I’m a gambling man, let’s just hang out for a couple of minutes and see if the ride will come back up. Sure enough, after 15 minutes, we were back on the ride. And the gamble paid off, we walked off, and then walked right back on again because there were a couple of FP’s stuck in the headrests. JACKPOT!!!

Jacque’ and I wanted to get our pictures with the characters at Epcot. We used a little of strategy and since Epcot was the EMH park of the day, we got in line at 9 at the Character Spot during Illuminations. We got right in and got our pictures taken. Stitch and Goofy wanted to take Jacque’ from me.

We had a really busy day, and so decided that it was time for us to go back to the resort.

Day 10 - Epcot and the Food & Wine Festival pictures: Picasa Web Albums - WDWTraveler46 - 2008 WDW Trip...#

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWtraveler46 View Post
    Tiff,

Enjoy your trip first! Then, when you get back, you should have a couple of days to read.

Who knows, maybe some of what I say will inspire you when you write your trip report.

Eric
    Thanks Eric, sorry I didn't see this sooner.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

It's all good Tiff. I'm glad you had a great time. I haven't read some of your trip report, but, I'm waiting for Jacque' to join me since she likes to read them at the same time. Probably tonight when we get done with dinner and get into the chat.

I'm having withdrawals as well.

2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast