Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss First Timer Pre Trip Report for May 25-31 in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello Everyone, I can't wait any longer I need to do a pre trip report so here we go! Ok let's start on May 25- We'll be leaving Newark Nj ...
    First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!

First Timer Pre Trip Report for May 25-31

Hello Everyone,

I can't wait any longer I need to do a pre trip report so here we go!

Ok let's start on May 25- We'll be leaving Newark Nj airport at 2:20 p.m. and arriving at Mco at 5:06 p.m.... I know I know its kind of a late start but it all i could do!

We'll grab the ME bus and go to the hotel ( Oh I forget to say i change my Sil mind about staying on property) Disney's Pop Century I'm totally excited to be staying at the Pop Century ... It's going to be alot easier stay on property with a 2 year old and 11 year old!

Ok i'm done being totally totally excited LOL

After getting to the hotel we'll grab soming thing to eat and take a ride on the monorail * this well be a first for all of us *. After the monorail my 2 year old niece and SIl will probably head back to the resort. This is where i'm not sure what me and my 11 year old son will do? ( any suggestions are welcomed ).

The 26th which is Memorial day i'm thinking the parks will be pretty crowd ( any one ever been to the parks on memorial day?) But we're going to head on out early to go to Epcot! There are several thing we missed the last trip them being: Test track, The Land, Mission space, the whole world showcase! We also have to do Soarin, the living seas and space ship Earth! Any suggestion on how to get this all done on a very busy memorial day?

On to the 27th.... This is were i'm on my own with my niece and my son all day let the fun start!! my Sil will be in class all day. So i plan on spending the whole day starting as soon as the park open at the MK. I want to definely see the parades and shows we missed the first time
    Also we have to does : Dumbo, Snow White, Pooh, Mickey's toon town, Jungle cruise, POTC, buzz, tta, Indy speedway, with my niece! I will then take her back to the resort around 2-3 for her nap and probably mine too . Her mom will be back from class and then me and my son will head back to Mk to do the " big Kid rides" Can't miss are: Splash Mt. ( was closed the last trip), BTMR, Space Mt., Haunted Mansion and what ever else my son want's to do!

Day 4 Well come sometime tonight after Dinner! I hope everyone joys my pre trip report so far!

SUGGESTIONS always welcome
    Last edited by First Timer; 04-16-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

WDWtraveler46 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WOW Loni, sounds like you got a full plate there!!! A couple of tips/suggestions that I can think of for you:

1. On your first day, you talked about not knowing what to do after dinner. How about going to Downtown Disney if you don't have a day on your pass. Or how about just hanging out at the resort for that night. Go to the pool. I'm sure it will be warm enough.
    2. For your second day, being at Epcot. I would get there when the park opens. Go to either Fast Track or Soarin', get a fast pass for one attraction and go wait at the other. But, do this first thing!
    3. For your visit to the MK, you are in the same boat as I have been. Want to go to Dumbo. In the 9 1/2 years that I have been married to my wife, we have never been on Dumbo together. The line is always just so long! So my plan of attack this time, this will be the first ride we go to upon entering the park.

Hope this helps, and hope you have a safe and wonderful trip!!!

Disneyland Trips - 1976-2005 - Too many (or not enough) to count!
    Disneyland Annual Passholder - 1998-1999
    2005 - WDW Offsite
    2007 - Port Orleans FQ
    2008 - Coronado Springs
    Feb. 2009 - Disneyland(We celebrated Jacque's b-day.)
    Sept. 2009 - DCL and Coronado Springs (Just can't get enough of the magic!)
    Mar. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland
    Oct. 2010 - Disney's California Adventure and Disneyland (Including Mickey's Halloween Party)
    Feb. 2011 - POFQ and the WDW Radio Cruise

"The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing." - Walt Disney
    Read about my 2008 WDW Trip Plans and now my Post Trip Report: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html
    Read about Eric & Jacque's 2011 vacation to Walt Disney World and on Lou's Cruise (Deck 7 Cool Kids!) at The Disney Hub

Visit my Disney site: The Disney Hub
    Follow me and The Disney Hub on Twitter: @disneyhub
    Like The Disney Hub on facebook: The Disney Hub Facebook Page
    Friend me up on facebook: Eric Steinmetz on Facebook
    Join the Deck 7 neighbors facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...6457502&ref=nf

Deposit on the WDW Cruise:$400.00
    Going on a trip to WDW and cruise with my wife: Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife and our Disney Friends (And Box People):Absolutely Priceless!!!
    Going on a trip to WDW and a Cruise with my wife, our Disney Friends (And Box People), and with my family:Extremely Priceless!!!!

Wink

Ok back to pre trip report....

Day for 4 or the 28th.... Once again It will be me and the two kiddies on our owe all day... We're going to head out early to arrive for the opening of AK since i hear its something pretty cool to see.... Then we'll do everything two year old friendly... We'll head back to the resort for some swimming and naps till my Sil joins us after her class ends. Then me and my son will head back to Ak to do EE, Dinosaur and Primeval whirl ( one of his favorites), and a bugs life! After this him and I will probably head down to Downtown Disney to do a lil shopping and then call it a night!

Day 5 or the 29th....... Once again we're on our owe again... We'll head out a little later today and hopefully be able to sleep in a lil with a two yr old you just never know. After we wake we'll head to The Studios... Once again doing everything that is two yr old friendly during the day! I'm hoping Toy Story Mania is open and we definely want to see the Block Party Bash Parade! Later we'll once again meet up with dear dear Sil and do dinner then Son and I will head back to Studios and do "big Kid Rides" AKA Tot (probably 5 times), and RNRc this was closed our last trip so its a must do. Star tours and anything else we have time to do. After this I'm hopeing to come back to the resort and possible go for a late night swim!!!

Day 6 or the 30th.... This will be our last day so i'm giving my son his chose of were he want to go today..... Today will be all about Randy Day! Probably one last swim, dinner and maybe a surpise trip to Disney quest!

Day 7 or the 31...... DOom day we leave to come back home at 10:45 a.m. and our flight arrives back at Newark at 1:25 p.m.

Does everyone think i'll be able to do everything or i'm I just crazy?

Keep in mind this well probably be our last trip for at least 3 years.. So i want to make it as special as I can for my son....

Suggestions are always great i love to hear from the disney pros
    Loni

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    Wahooo - Sounds like it's all come together and all you need to do is get there now!!

I hope you have a great trip!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Just got off the phone with Disney made my reservations for the Magical express... Last year on my first trip i remember crying as I watched the into movie as we drove to our resort... I was just so magical!!!!
    Loni