Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss the Big 30 pre-trip report in the Vacation Planning forums; So, I've been to WDW over 20 times in the last 5 years alone, probably 40 times total, but this will be the first time going on my birthday. I'm ...
    amberpi is offline B-Ticket Holder

the Big 30 pre-trip report

So, I've been to WDW over 20 times in the last 5 years alone, probably 40 times total, but this will be the first time going on my birthday. I'm excited in general, but especially about spending that time there with my boyfriend whom I have converted from a Disney hater (typical liberal hipster - not that I'm not! - that hates all big corporations, even though he's a mid level exec at a telecom, what can you do with boys?) to a WDW enthusiast. He "gets it" now and loves the whole total immersion experience. Its really fun to go with someone that loves it and wants to know everything about the Parks, the business unit, etc. like I do, so here is my giant (and first) pre-trip report. I'm sorry if this ****s or its the wrong place but I love reading what everyone is doing, so I was hoping to contribute:

Next Wed. - the 23rd (my actual birthday) we jump on planes (him from ATL, me from Nashville) and get in around 9:00 in the am. I'm wearing a white sundress with black embroidery and black kitten heels (yes, I'm hardcore enough to wear low heels for 16+ hours, I was a debutante, now I get through anything!) and my new "stunner shades" Fendi - Cube Large Sunglasses - eLuxury which is a stupid nickname for sunglasses, but they made me feel "stunning" so I bought them and therefore the moniker. From the airport, we'll jump right in a cab and check into the Swan, throw our stuff at the bell people and head to the most magical place on earth - the Magic Kingdom! First thing first: run - don't walk - for a Splash Mountain fast pass and direct from there to get in line for the HM, or POTC. Lunch at the Plaza (its my birthday, so calories don't exist, so I'm getting one of those huge desserts, yummy!) and enjoying the park for the rest of the afternoon, until probably 5-6:00, head back to the Swan, enjoy a couple of drinks, take a brief nap or maybe an hour by the pool, and get cleaned up (wearing some kind of either a) cute sundress, b) one of those "single" dresses" or c) skirt and "going out" top with big girl heels to go over to the California Grill for our 9:00 reservation, hopefully early enough to walk through Epcot, grab a drink at England and just enjoy a delicious leisurely stroll through that park which is my favorite! Get to the restaurant, enjoy the fireworks, some bubbly, a wonderful meal and then head over to either PI or the Boardwalk if we're tired. Get to bed hopefully by 2:00.

Thursday - Keys to the Kingdom Tour! 8:45 at MK. Get up, (cargo skirt, tank top or tshirt and flip flops) get cute, grab breakfast (coffee and banana - potassium is your friend and we don't want anyone to get hurt, so caffeine is neccessary) and hop on the bus. We always eat on the bus - not like there's anything else to do, its a great way to multi-task and therefore have more awesome time at WDW! Do our tour, hit any rides we didn't get to the day before and of course, Space Mountain, and then probably head back either to DTD for shopping or for some lounging by the pool goodness...hhhmmm, I should do some more situps....a bit of a nap then change into a cute summer skirt or sundress, some kitten heels, and head over to Epcot for reservations at 7:00 at Restaurant Marrakesh. Get finished in time, hopefully, to get a table at England and a beverage for the fireworks, do any rides possible. There are few places in the world that are better than 9:00 at Epcot. Get to bed before 12:00.

Friday - AK - get up to get there as soon as the park opens, more of the same in terms of clothing and breakfast, first thing at AK - running to EE, riding it and getting a fast pass. Go yetis! Yak and Yeti for lunch, hitting that rum bar for a drink to watch the African performers, riding everything in the place and running back to the resort, for a change of clothes, (something crazy cute for going out), reservations at Il Muriano, a stroll over to Epcot for the fireworks (I mean, why not) and partying either at the Boardwalk or PI, staying out late, late this night.

Saturday - DS - get up later (maybe 9:00) and be at the park by 10:00, maybe wear a bubble skirt and tank top with flip flops or kitten heels depending on how the feet are holding up and hit the TOT and RRC. I'm not much of a DS fan, so I hit the things I love there and spend as much time at MK and Epcot as possible, so, we'll walk over to Epcot and spend the rest of the afternoon doing Epcot stuff, lunch at San Angel Inn, and then back to the resort for fresh clothes (beautiful new short silk skirt and white tshirt, I love that look!) and makeup and reservations at Le Chefs de France. I think this is EMH so more Epcot time and then drinks probably at the resort, maybe even hot tub time...need to do some situps...ARGH!

Sunday - pool time, DTD, and then back to the airport. Not a super long trip, but perfect for a birthday celebration.

Well, I reckon that just became a trip report. Now I just need to post up some pics afterwards, mention anything amazing, weird, or funny, you know where I trip over my feet and into an elderly person thereby causing a domino effect of people falling and general mayhem and my boyfriend's subsequent snarkiness or when we get chastised for talking about Chernobyl (who finds that objectionable anyway?) or kissing under the fireworks.

This week I have to get my favorite kitten heels repaired, get some fake tan (I'd hate to blind those poor kids!) going, nails and hair done and I'm ready to go. I've already started packing and I'm so ready for this trip. Its going to be GREAT!

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I love the way you plan your outfits in advance.
    You know you'll look fabulous!
    Do you ever find it difficult to be comfortable riding a ride in a skirt?
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

amberpi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    I love the way you plan your outfits in advance.
    You know you'll look fabulous!
    Do you ever find it difficult to be comfortable riding a ride in a skirt?
    I'm a planner! All my shoes are already WDW tested, so I know I'm cool there.

I always wear skirts at theme parks. It seems more girlie and cargo skirts are just as practical as shorts and far more comfortable in my opinion. I just make sure to wear the underclothes that are cut like boy shorts to make sure I don't have any Brittany moments and I make sure to try to board and exit the rides like a lady!

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by amberpi View Post
    I just make sure to wear the underclothes that are cut like boy shorts to make sure I don't have any Brittany moments
    That's hilarious.
    I always wear skirts to school and such, but whenever I go to Disney I wear jeans... I don't know why because they're not very comfortable, but I'm always afraid someone will get a free show on rides like space mountain where the bar goes between your legs.
    Maybe this year I'll make an effort to look cute.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music