Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Just back from an 8 day trip to the world in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello All! I just returned from my annual April trip to WDW. I went from April 12 and returned the 19th. I was pleasantly surprised with the Spaceship Earth refurbishment ...
    pelegirl56 is offline A-Ticket holder

Just back from an 8 day trip to the world

Hello All!
    I just returned from my annual April trip to WDW. I went from April 12 and returned the 19th. I was pleasantly surprised with the Spaceship Earth refurbishment (amazing!). It has a really cool new interactive component and updated scenes. I also really enjoyed the Haunted Mansion refurbishment, especially the addition of these staircases-you just have to see it.

I also spent a significant amount of time at EPCOT, which I usually do not do. The Flower and Garden Festival has a beach theme, and there is a really cool sandcastle that is located near the Seas. The flowers are beautiful and abundant. Turtle Talk with Crush is a must see. I headed to "Garden Town," which is where they are having a lot of the seminars about gardening, mainly because I wanted to see what they were using the Wonders of Life Pavillion for. I am looking forward to seeing that space being used for a new attraction. Even though the crowds felt light at EPCOT, stand by lines for the big rides, especially Soarin, were up in the 120 minute range.

At the Hollywood studios we hit up the Pixar block party, which is really fun and high energy. The "citizens of Hollywood" were totally on pointe and hilarious. I also really like the new San Francisco skyline. One thing that disappointed me: when I was on the Great Movie Ride, cast members not affiliated with the ride at the time, were just walking through the scenes. I saw them in the western scene and the Alien scene. It really surprised me and I was sort of upset. I cannot wait for the Pixar Place to open and I always hope for more Muppet merchandise.

We had two cool things happen to us. We got to ride in the front of the Monorail, which I have never done. We also got a special Magical Memories experience due to being a Disney Visa Cardmember, so we got a free 5 X 7 photo taken with the characters,(Mickey, Goofy and Pluto) no lines!

We also visited The Grand Floridian, The Boardwalk and The Beachclub, and they are even more beautiful then I ever imagined. Beaches and Cream at the Beachclub gives you a huge helping of ice cream in a really cute setting. I also saw the much talked about construction next to the Contemporary.

I was so sad to leave and I am already planning another trip in October. I am really looking forward to the new attractions and even more magic!
    "I am always counting down to my next trip to Disney World

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Great trip report. Sounds like you had a grand time in "The World". Thanks for sharing.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Great report. Thanks for sharing some of your thoughts. Sounds like you had a great time. I'll have to check out the Pixar block party this summer.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a good time
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

aaron18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Born in london england and now live in orlando florida
    hi there
    im going to be working at epcot from july to july so i hope to see you there
    all the best

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I'm looking forward to seeing Spaceship Earth as I haven't seen it in over 20 years. When we were there last time we didn't make it before they closed. I wish we would have had more time but I was greatful for the time we did get there and it was a wonderful surprise trip.

Beaches and Cream sounds like a place we might have to stop by.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003