Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Wilderness Lodge in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello All, I am new to this site and I think it is a wonderful tool for anyone planning a trip to WDW. I was wondering if anyone has any ...
    kilcobj is offline A-Ticket holder

Wilderness Lodge

Hello All,
    I am new to this site and I think it is a wonderful tool for anyone planning a trip to WDW. I was wondering if anyone has any information with regards to the Wilderness Lodge. We will be there this June. I have heard nothing but great reviews. In the past my family and I have stayed at the poly, and the AKL. Both resorts were amazing. We only live 45 minutes East of Orlando, but we choose Disney every year as our vacation spot. You get what you pay for when it comes to Disney's service. I am always amazed at Disney's ability to transform you when you are driving to their resorts. I think I get more excited than my 6 year old daughter. I am like a little kid when I get there. But I guess I am not the only one. We have chosen the Lodge due to the fact that it would br nice to be immersed in the wilderness. I heard you can rent bicycles and that there are trails you can take to Ft.Wilderness. Any information in regards to the Lodge would be helpful. Thanks.

ftg09 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have never actually stayed at the Wilderness Lodge personally, but Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World is a great website to look for information. Here's the link to the website's Wilderness Lodge page Wilderness Lodge Fact Sheet
    Last edited by ftg09; 04-23-2008 at 07:31 AM.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We stayed at WL during Thanksgiving. What an awesome trip! The flatbread pizza at Roaring Forks is wonderful. It can get pretty congested in the mornings but things move very smoothly. The pool was great. My kids really enjoyed the slide. We had a balcony overlooking the courtyard so we got to watch the geyser from our room. That was fun. Whispering Canyon is a wonderful restaturant also.

The bike rental is down by the playground by the lake. We didn't rent any but that would be a fun thing to do. Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to hear about it.

The theming is great and this has to be my favorite hotel. We used the launches to MK a lot as well as going over to Ft Wilderness to watch Hoop Dee Doo. In order to go to Epcot, we caught a launch to Contempory, then rode the monorail to TTC, then switched to the Epcot monorail. It may have taken longer but was so fun to do. The buses were only crowded one night on the return. Overall, a great experience. I would do it again tomorrow!

kilcobj is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    We stayed at WL during Thanksgiving. What an awesome trip! The flatbread pizza at Roaring Forks is wonderful. It can get pretty congested in the mornings but things move very smoothly. The pool was great. My kids really enjoyed the slide. We had a balcony overlooking the courtyard so we got to watch the geyser from our room. That was fun. Whispering Canyon is a wonderful restaturant also.

The bike rental is down by the playground by the lake. We didn't rent any but that would be a fun thing to do. Enjoy your trip. Can't wait to hear about it.

The theming is great and this has to be my favorite hotel. We used the launches to MK a lot as well as going over to Ft Wilderness to watch Hoop Dee Doo. In order to go to Epcot, we caught a launch to Contempory, then rode the monorail to TTC, then switched to the Epcot monorail. It may have taken longer but was so fun to do. The buses were only crowded one night on the return. Overall, a great experience. I would do it again tomorrow!
    Thanks for the information. I like the idea of using the monorail to go to epcot. You said you took the monorail to the TTC?? Is that the transportation and ticket counter at the Magic Kingdom?? We also have reservations to see the Hoop De Doo review. Thanks for the information!!

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We are going to be staying at this resort as well. We plan to take the launches to MK and the Contemporary and catch the monorail as well.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003