Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Lori's Amazing Race! in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm usually not one to do trip reports. I usually post a few pictures with captions. But since this trip wasn't a typical trip for me I'll write a little ...

Lori's Amazing Race!

I'm usually not one to do trip reports. I usually post a few pictures with captions. But since this trip wasn't a typical trip for me I'll write a little more than I usually do.

I arrived in Orlando on Thursday, May 1st around 1:00. I decided to rent a car for this trip since I was going to have to be getting my race packet and be at Epcot in the early morning hours. I got a nice car from Budget and was on my way. I think for driving in Orlando for the first time I did pretty good. I only made one wrong turn and when I did it I knew right away it was wrong. Needless to say, I made the SAME wrong turn 5 times during the trip. Making Caribbean Beach my favorite U-turn spot.

This was my first time staying at POR and I loved it. But I prefer staying at POFQ since it is smaller. But it was very beautiful and nice.

After I checked in I headed to DTD for awhile and then headed over to Epcot to meet up with Pat and Kathryn. Since I didn't have my car this time I took a bus to Swan and walked over to the Inter. Gateway. And look what I found along the way:

Of course I had to take that picture for Amanda. There was another one with him but he was too fast.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Do you think you'll do a race again soon?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

I plan on doing the Everest challenge in September and hope to hit a local one this summer.

After seeing Amanda's favorite critter, I went to see mine.

I visted with Pooh and Tigger awhile and then ran into Alice and Mary Poppins. Alice stole Mary's umbrella and was trying to find a hedgehog to hit. I then headed over to get my henna art done and then met up with Pat and Kathryn. We got to spend some time together before watching Illuminations. We were joined by James and Linda too.

I left Epcot after Illuminations and went to see YeeHaw Bob with a friend of mine. That was a lot of fun! I would like to go see him again sometime. By the time we did that and walked around the resort some it was almost 1 am!! I was exhausted since I had been up at 4 am. Time for bed!!

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    I cant wait to show the kids the fireworks at epcot, its gonna blow their minds. Your photos are great Lori
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

Friday morning I drove to AK since the expo to pick up my race packet didn't open till noon.

I can't believe I didn't notice this light before.

Pretty cool!

After rope drop I was heading towards Rafiki's when I was side tracked by Stitch and Lilo. I started talking to a CM to see if there were any surgeries going on that morning out at Rafiki's. It was going to be awhile until anyone knew since they had to wait for the vets to arrive. Needless to say, I'm not good at waiting to find out. So I decided to go see the gorillas or usually in my case, the lack of gorillas.

This time there were a bunch of them out and they were very active.

They kept going back and forth and here and there. I said to a CM that I've never seen them like that before and she told me there was a new female on the other side that the males were trying to catch a glimpse of. Typical males!

I didn't do much while I was at AK. Didn't even do KS. But I did ride EE once. A friend of mine posted on his blog about the path by the Tree of Life. So I went to check it out. The Jungle Cruise isn't the only place with this:

Do you know what it is?

I left AK and drove to WWoS to get my race packet. I couldn't believe how busy of a place that is. There was some type of baseball tornament going on. Men in tight baseball pants.

I had to wait about 10 mins. out in the hot sun until they would let us in.

I didn't know what to expect once I got in there and there was no one around to give any type of direction. So I went with the flow. Found out my bid #'s for both races, signed my waivers and then grabbed my race packets. I did like that you got a shirt for each race and a nice Minnie maraton weekend backpack for each. I hung out there for awhile and checked out what the vendors had to offer. I picked up another Minnie weekend pin for Cassidy and a pair of shorts. I found a cool waistpack that expands to put my phone and stuff in and got a cut red with white polka dots (very Minnie) headband-which I ended up not wearing. From what I've been told this expo was only about 1/3 of what the 1/2 marathon one is like.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Looks like a grand adventure, can't wait to read more.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I don't think I have ever noticed those lanterns before either!
    Pretty cool.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

After I left the expo I decided to head to the MK!!

Since I got to drive around this time. I got to take pictures of the gateways.

Once I got to the TTC I got to do one of my favorite things...take the boat to MK. For some reason they were only running one boat. I don't think I've ever been there when that has happened.

Once I got there, I picked up some Minnie ears for a friend of mine. I did good to resist making the new ears. It does seem that their new machine takes longer to personalize them. Those women before would have it done in seconds. It seemed somewhat crowded so I just walked around for awhile. I hate waiting in line alone. Not long after I arrived my friend, Brian, called and came over to meet me.

We rode HM which broke down twice while we were on it. I've never been out to TSI so we headed that way. Brian kept running ahead of me in the caves trying to scare me. What a dork! At one point he ran into one and I didn't follow but let these other girls go in. You can guess what happened.
    After hanging for awhile and riding a few things I headed out since I wanted to get some rest for the 5k race the next day. And I took a wrong turn on my way back to the resort and ended up on 536. I got turned around okay and went back to get some food. I called a girl I met on DisneyRunning to meet up since I was giving her a ride the next day. We've never met before and thought this would be a good time. She was really nice and we made a plan for the next day.

It was a great day but I was tired since I had been up late the night before.

oopps-double post!
    Last edited by lorilovestigger; 05-10-2008 at 11:08 AM.

I was almost asleep when around 10:00 there was a knock on my door. There stood this little CM with a gift basket for me.

It had a frame, 3 bottles of water, some PoweAid, Power Bars, trail mix and a cool Mickey icon tray.

I guess I never mentioned yet how ticked I was at my DH for not going with me for my first race ever. Let alone it was a big race. This made up for it, a little.
    Last edited by lorilovestigger; 05-10-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sounds awesome so far. That gift basket was pretty nice, brownie points for him. TSI is a pretty setting and a good relaxing spot away from all of the noise and clamor.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    waiting for more trip report Lori...
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

blueroses is offline A-Ticket holder
    Congratulations on running your first race!
    Laurel

Important dates:
    Minnie Marathon 15K - 4 May, 2008
    Tower of Terror 13K - 25 October, 2008
    Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge Plus 5K - 9-11 January, 2009
    Princess 1/5 Marathon and 5K - 7-8 March, 2009

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast