Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss 17 more Days till Our Second trip to the World! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone, I figured because I now know full details for our second trip to Disney. I would do another pre trip report so here we go! Travel dates: May ...
    First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!

17 more Days till Our Second trip to the World!

Hello everyone,

I figured because I now know full details for our second trip to Disney. I would do another pre trip report so here we go!

Travel dates: May 25-31, 2008
    Travel method: Jetblue out of Newark Nj, DME
    Resort: Pop Century ( this is a suprise for my son)
    Accommodations: standard room as of now
    Ages Represented in Group: 38,29,11,almost 2
    Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: Sil has been there about 6 times, me and my sons 2nd time ( total Disney fans), Nieces 3th time and she's only going to be 2.
    Comments: Well be my son and I first trip on a plane alone!
    Cast of Characters: Pamela My wonderful SIL (whos paying for the trip), Me (First Timer) 29, My son Randy 11, and my beautiful niece Grace almost 2.

May 25

We leave Newark @ 2:20 p.m. and arrive at Mco @ 5:06 p.m. we'll grab DME for Pop century my Sil should all ready be there. Grab something to eat not sure where yet? Any suggestion would be great. i'm thinking somewhere in DTD. After that we're going to go to Shades of Green and buy our tickets (Sil is in the military) and then maybe go for a swim and hit the bed!

May 26

We going to Animal Kingdom (not sure on time yet) I'm thinking early because of it being a holiday ( what do you think)

We have Chef Mickey reservation for 6:25 p.m. not sure how long I should save for travel?

AK has EMH so I plan to take my son back there after dinner to do the "Big Kid" rides!

May 27

MK today, early start then coming back to the resort around 1p.m. for a swim and nap. Do the kid trade around 5 with Sil she'll pick up Grace and me and Ran will head back to Mk to do "Big Kid" rides again!

May 28

Hollywood studios today, I think we'll sleep in today get up and go for a swim and leave for HS around 1 p.m..

Dinner reservation for Prime Time @ 4:05 p.m. we'll eat and then meet with Sil to do Kid trade.

HS has EMH tonight. So me and Ran will do the "Big Kid" rides and see the last show of Fantasmic!

May 29

Epcot today, We get an early start come back around 1p.m. for swim/nap. Do Kid trade w/ Sil. Me and Ran will head back to Epcot and do "Big Kid" rides! No real dinner plans tonight (any suggestions)

Epcot has EMH

May 30 ( our last day)

Get up early again head to Mk and we'll probably stay there all day. Sil will join as there later!

No dinner plans here either (any suggestions)

Mk has EMH tonight

May 31

Up at the crack of Dawn Me and Ran have to get the DME @ about 7:30 for our 10:45 a.m. flight home!
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Sounds like a great trip~ Enjoy every moment of it.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Enjoy your trip! As for suggestions I suggest going to AK early, and there are soooo many places to eat so check at Guest Services and see what they suggest. One the first day stay at the resort and eat, I'm sure everyone will be tired.

Make sure you give us a TR when you get back! Have fun!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Looks like areally good plan. Have a great time.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

One more week... I'm totally excited
    Loni

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Sounds like a wonderful time. For the first night if you want to go to DTD your son may enjoy Rainforest Cafe, but if you want something quick then I would try the Earl of Sandwich. On May 26, yes I agree I would try to get there as early as possible, it's also a good time to go on Kilimanjaro Safari because the animals are out more in the morning. You will want to give yourself at least 45 min. to travel to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey's by bus. I don't think it's going to be possible to have 6:25 reservations at Chef Mickeys's and get back to Animal Kingdom in time to do rides (according to the calender they close at 8pm). Actually I know you won't have time because the busses will not be even going to AK by the time you get out. I would grab fast passes as soon as you enter the park for Expedition Everest and do the big kid rides while you are there. On May 29, the day you are in Epcot, I would eat somewhere in World Showcase, check out the menus on allears.net. Or you may like to try the Garden Grill, it revolves and I think they have characters at dinner. On your last day in the MK, I would go for dinner at either Crystal Palace or Plaza Restaurant, but you will need to make ressies ASAP. If you end up needing to go to a CS, then I like Pecos Bill's in Frontierland. Cosmis Rays in Tomorrowland is good too. Have a great time now you biggest problem is that you have to change your name from First Timer
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Have a great time!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    enjoy your trip

5 more days till we land in beautiful sunny Orlando
    Loni