Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Trip Report - Day 2 - Part 1 in the Vacation Planning forums; Day 2 - Magic Kingdom Yay!! First day at the parks! We were so excited we couldn't sleep... or maybe that was Aaron kicking me in the back all night ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

Yay!! First day at the parks! We were so excited we couldn't sleep... or maybe that was Aaron kicking me in the back all night because he wouldn't sleep in the crib... anyway... we were excited!!

We had breakfast reservations at the Crystal Palace at 8:05am (something new for us) which meant we'd be one of the first into the Magic Kingdom (not counting the tours) so we were even more syched.

After getting everyone up, bathed and dressed, we headed over to the T&TC and hopped the morning monorail to the Magic Kingdom. What I didn't know was that they used the resort monorail in the mornings before the park opened so this was a first for us (riding the resort line).

Above you'll see the green monorail. Anyone that read my last trip report will remember that we have this thing about the green monorail. It follows us. We end up riding it at least once or twice in the trip and every time we look up to see a monorail passing by, it always seems to be the green one. This trip was no different.

Anyway... onto the MK...

We got off the monorail about 7:30ish and were greeted by the Mickey and Minnie topiaries up for the Pirate and Princess party. It was an extremely foggy morning, something you can see in these shots, but will see even more of as I move on.

We went ahead and hopped into the entrance line for the breakfast reservations. There were two open, both of which had maybe 5 families ahead of us.

At about 7:45 the opened the gates and routed us through the ropes around to the right near the gift shop. "WAHOO!!" we thought... until we were stopped again by a CM at the tunnel under the train. Gotta love how well Disney does crowd control. The good thing however was folks had sort of gotten switched around as we did this and we ended up being the second family in line at this point.

Finally at just before 8:00, a CM came out to our left saying Mickey had finished the waffles and Stitch had finished the bacon and to enjoy our breakfast.

There is NOTHING like being alone on Main Street... even if it was foggy. We were the second folks in the park so I got some great shots without a soul in them, accept for the occasional cast member. I should mention here that we took 747 pictures... obviously I won't be including them all in these reports.

The crowds split at the end of Main Street as some folks moved onto their breakfasts with the princesses and we moved onto ours at the Crystal Palace. Let me just say was a FANTASTIC breakfast this was. I am so grateful to those of you who convinced me to do it. The food was incredible and, the experience of being one of the first in the park, and then one of the first into Fantasyland is something we will never forget... but I'll touch more on that in a few.

For the first time, Aaron was a little skidish around the characters. He shied away from them as they came and started gripping onto Daddy. He got more comfortable as lunch went on though.

We wrapped up lunch at 8:50, thinking "Wahoo!! We're going to be one of the first over the Fantasyland!" As we walked toward the castle we saw masses of people streaming up Main Street. Something I didn't know until today was they let folks into the main gates early and closed each land until 9:00.

Luckily the fog had lifted so I got some more fog-free shots of the castle.

Which leads me to these two pictures that I am DYING to have someone explain. What in the WORLD is with the paint on these two sections of the castle? I know it was not like this in June. It looks horrible!! Anyone?

Moving right along... we met up with a large group of folks waiting at the castle exit to enter Fantasyland next. This was another first for us. We usually start out in Tomorrowland but after reading the books mom got us over the past few months I learned that the reason we ALWAYS have long waits in Fantasyland is because it "fills up" first. So... off to Fantasyland we went.

The past 3 trips we've taken with Aaron, he's fallen asleep while in the queue for Peter Pan. So... it was decided to make Peter our first ride to avoid it happening again. Off we jogged to PPF.

Between getting to the park early and it being a generally dead crowd day, this turned out to be one of the best days we've ever had at the Magic Kingdom. We walked onto everything with less than 10 minute waits the entire day! What a great time of year to go... at least to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot (I'll get to that later).

After PPF we headed across to IASW and then it was time to do the new Haunted Mansion. I was psyched to see the changes.

I remember reading a thread awhile back about the CMs at the HM being told to change what they say upon entry to the stretching room etc. Something about it being too creepy to say things like "Move to the dead center of the room" etc. Well, apparently the CMs here were revolting as a result because they didn't say a word as we entered or moved in and out of the stretching room.

Anyway... WOW! I absolutely love the updates done to this attraction. Everything is so much more fluid and Leota's scene is great. Our favorite though had to be the new bride scene. Not at ALL what I expected. Totally different experience... and creepy effect on her! Very very cool!

After HM we headed over to Mickey's PhillharMagic. As we walked into the holding area the announcement that the doors were about to open came over the speaker. Once again we had no wait. This was Aaron's first experience with a 3D film and we weren't quite sure how it would go. We expected he wouldn't wear the glasses at all and would pay more attention to playing with them than the film. Boy were we wrong. The second we sat down he put the glasses on (by himself) and then sat there waiting for the show to begin. Once it started he was hypnotized... although the first few times something "flew" at him he was a little freaked out but he got into it as the show went on. Now, I should mention, this is Bill's favorite attraction, so it was no surprise to me when we stepped off and I saw him with bloodshot eyes. He got really choked up as Aaron sat there in his lap, grabbing at the gems floating in front of him and bopping to the music. It was great.

After MP we headed over to Snow White's Scary Adventures (walked right on) and then to Pooh's Playful Spot to give Aaron some "out of stroller" time.

This photo is proof that even at only a year old, kids remember their trips to Disney. The water was off in PPS but Aaron ran right over to where it should've been and waited for it to shoot up and get him in the face as it did last time.

I was thrilled to FINALLY have found the hidden homage to 20,000 Leagues inside Pooh's house. I had heard of it but never found it. TADA!!

Next it was over to Toontown where Aaron would experience his first Rollercoaster at Goofy's Barnstormer! I couldn't wait. Once again we walked right onto this one. Daddy manned the camera while I went on with Aaron.

It went by quick but what few faces I caught of Aaron's before it was over looked like he enjoyed it! He was all smiles as we got off and nodded enthusiastically when I asked if he had fun.

After GB we headed over to Mickey's house to grab a few shots for my upcoming Scrapbook page dedicated to it (for our challenge of course).

After visiting Mickey's house we attempted to get in line at the Judge's tent. Bill really wanted to do this for once. Unfortunately after waiting 30 minutes and barely moving except for the folks leaving in front of us, we decided to leave. We took the walkway from Toontown to Tomorrowland (another first for us) and headed over toward Buzz.

After walking right onto Buzz (one of Aaron's favorites) we headed over to the TTA (one of Bill's and my favorites). Aaron was being so great and so well behaved, we were just amazed. This is his "shoe five" on the TTA:

After the TTA we decided to head back to the hotel for some lunch and a nap for Aaron. On our way out we caught Mickey's show at the castle and stopped to watch it a bit.

Ready for More? Head over to Part 2!!
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-23-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I love your pictures!
    I have never been in the MK alone like that, definitely a must do for the next trip.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love the pics too. One more month until we leave!
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Really great stuff, Jenn. Weird about the castle paint though, any answers yet?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Really great stuff, Jenn. Weird about the castle paint though, any answers yet?
    None and I'm dying to know because it really looks horrible.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    Awesome great trip report... It making me fel a lil bit better about taking my two yr old niece on more rides
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

Ok the last reports are all up!! Enjoy!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Great pics! You took more pics than me! I was just over 700! I like the pics of Main Street with no one on the street.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Great pictures! It brings back memories of my previous trips and gets me even more excited for our upcoming trip.

Glad to hear that your guy kept the glasses on during MP. Gives me hope that my 3yo will keep hers on as well. (I can hope for it, doesn't mean it will happen.)

I'm definitely going to have to look for the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea homage. Where is it at (general location - that way I can search for it while the kids are playing)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    I love your pictures!
    I have never been in the MK alone like that, definitely a must do for the next trip.
    Yes, we are definitely going to have to do that for our next trip as well.

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Wonderful report and pics Jenn!! Now I've really got the itch for WDW!! I agree with you that the castle paint looks funky. Don't know what they were thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by tigger_03 View Post
    I'm definitely going to have to look for the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea homage. Where is it at (general location - that way I can search for it while the kids are playing)?
    Go into Pooh's house - it's in the top door frame of the bigger door. It's a little tough to see at first because it's so dark in there but you'll find it.

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Go into Pooh's house - it's in the top door frame of the bigger door. It's a little tough to see at first because it's so dark in there but you'll find it.
    Thank you!

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003