Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Trip Report - Day 2 - Part 2 in the Vacation Planning forums; Continuation of Magic Kingdom & Chef Mickey's After everyone got a good nap in and had some snacks (Mickey Rice Crispies Treats) we decided to head back to the Magic ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking Jenn's Trip Report - Day 2 - Part 2

Continuation of Magic Kingdom & Chef Mickey's

After everyone got a good nap in and had some snacks (Mickey Rice Crispies Treats) we decided to head back to the Magic Kingdom. This time however, since we were having dinner at Chef Mickey's, we decided to park at the Contemporary and walk over to the MK. Let me tell you... this one the second best decision we've ever made (second to the morning bfast at MK). I'll get to that later though.

The tower at the Contemporary is steadily going up and the walkway between it and the "old" tower is just about complete structure wise.

After taking the walkway to the MK we decided to hit the Exposition Hall... something I had never seen and something I promised everyone I'd hit and get some shots of. We walked back to the hall and found it completely empty (as expected - no one knows about this spot). Unfortunately the cartoons weren't showing but I did get some good shots while there. We got there with perfect timing too because they were just about to close it for a AAA event.

Then we decided to head over to the Railroad. Aaron is train crazy so this was a lot of fun for him! Just as we got off our trip around the worlds we realized it was time for the 3:00 parade. We picked a spot and once again the timing was just perfect.

(the guy on the right looks like he's related to The Rock -- just sayin')

You'll notice in the above shot that Grumpy is giving a thumbs up. See, as he was coming toward us he was doing the "point to the eyes, point to the guest" thing... you know, that typical grumpy Grumpy thing... the "I'm watching you" thing. Well he did it to Bill. Bill, who is a huge Grumpy fan, pointed to his Grumpy hat and then back to Grumpy in return. Grumpy saw the hat and corrected himself with a thumbs up for Bill.

Then it was off to the Contemporary for dinner AT Chef Mickey's. As we entered we noticed a camera crew... a large one... setting up to film what we can only assume was a commercial. This was interesting because watching the "real" people walk into the way of the extra's was just plain hilarious.

Chef Mickey's was good. It wasn't quite as good as I expected and it seemed the path for the characters wasn't quite timed right... or maybe something went wrong... but we nearly missed meeting Mickey. Apparently they knew this because most of the folks who were seated first (us included) had their checks in front of them and had seen everyone but Mickey. As a result he rushed from table to table. Pausing for one photo and moving on. We were really disappointed... especially seeing as the whole trip we had been telling Aaron about his dinner with Mickey.

After dinner we took the walkway back to the MK and it was time for another first for Aaron... The Mad Tea Party. We weren't quite sure how Aaron would react to this one but he LOVED it. So much so that I think it's become his favorite ride. He kept saying "tea cup" over and over and now when he finds a chair in the house on wheels, he gets into it and yells "Tea Cup!" to have us spin him.

After the MTP we decided to head over to POTC. As we neared the building we noticed quite a few people walking up to it and walking away. This marked the 3rd time that we've attempted to do POTC on a trip and were told it was down with no ETR. We made the best of it though and headed over to The Tiki Room (one of my favorites, though I really hate Iago).

After the Tiki Room we headed over toward POTC again and sure enough it was open. We walked on with maybe a 15 minute wait. The day was just going so well! After POTC we hit the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.

After Aladdin we headed over to our favorite spot to watch Wishes... a little path between Main Street and the Noodle Station. It had some folks but we found a great spot to end the night.

This was by far the best day we had the whole trip. The weather was gorgeous, not to hot, and being one of the first in the park and walking onto nearly everything was just great. There isn't one thing I can say about the day that was bad.

Head On Over to Check Out Day 3!!
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-23-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    The tea cups!!! I love the tea cups!!!
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Looks like a grand trip so far. Love all the pics, and your son is too cute. Hope to see more soon.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Where did you take those pics with you "in" the cartoons? Exposition Hall? Where is it in it? I've never seen it!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    Aaron is such a cutie, his smile is wonderful, they're great photos Jenn
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Where did you take those pics with you "in" the cartoons? Exposition Hall? Where is it in it? I've never seen it!
    The Exposition Hall yeah... it's located in the back of the Camera Store on Mainstreet, right as you enter, to the right.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Wow! I never knew that existed. I'm so going to do that on my next trip.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Aaron is such a cutie, his smile is wonderful, they're great photos Jenn
    I second that!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    The Exposition Hall yeah... it's located in the back of the Camera Store on Mainstreet, right as you enter, to the right.
    Thanks Jenn!

Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    Wow! I never knew that existed. I'm so going to do that on my next trip.
    Me too!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Thanks for the information about Exposition Hall. I don't think I ever knew about this before. Definitely is something we are going to check out on our trip.

How cute about the "tea cups!"

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003