Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Trip Report - Day 3 - Part 2 in the Vacation Planning forums; Continuation of Epcot After a good long nap for Aaron and another for me and Bill (parents need naps too), we decided to head back to Epcot for some more ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Cool Jenn's Trip Report - Day 3 - Part 2

Continuation of Epcot

After a good long nap for Aaron and another for me and Bill (parents need naps too), we decided to head back to Epcot for some more fun and dinner. First thing we did? Hit SSE for the third time of course!!

After SSE it was over to Nemo & Friend again which still had no wait at all. This time we decided to stay and hang out in the Seas pavillion. Aaron LOVES fish and this is always so much fun for us. I was VERY happy to see the area above Turtle Talk had finally been reopened with some tanks and stuff to look at. I hate seeing wasted space so that was a big deal. We let Aaron run around and look at all the "dishies" for about 45 minutes or so and then headed over to the Electric Umbrella for dinner. Bill had the bacon double cheeseburger, Aaron another hamburger kids meal and this time I tried out the chicken sandwhich. I've yet to have a truly "bad" meal anywhere on property so no complaints here. We took our time and relaxed and talked as I thumbed through our Passporter mapping out what we had done thus far.

Then it was off to find a spot for Illuminations. I figured being 8:45pm we'd never find a spot but we just happened upon a small group deciding to leave theirs just next to the gift shop (as you enter WS) and squeezed our way in.

Sorry I have no shots of Illuminations to share. I'm always way to into it to take the time to find a place to put the camera so it's steady enough for night shots with the shutter open. LOL!!

After Illuminations we sat down on a bench and people-watched for a bit as the crowds found their way back into Future World and out. Then we made our way over to Aaron's favorite... the lights in the ground outside Illuminations.

When we got there, he was the only kid there... by the time we left (about 30 minutes later) there were close to 20. Everyone misses this until they hear a child screaming gleefully to their left as they leave. LOL!!

As we made our way out I decided to grab one last shot of my beloved SSE. I can't get enough now that the wand is down. It's just so beautiful!!!

Head over to Day 4!!
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-23-2012 at 02:57 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I agree SSE is truly beautiful w/o the wand!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    You take really good photos.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    You take really good photos.
    Thank you!! I've really been trying to get better. I keep playing with the idea of taking a photography class. I have a great camera but barely know how to use it. LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

tigger_03 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think you should take a photography course. From the pictures you've posted of your trip they are wonderful!! My DH took a photography course two years ago and he throughly enjoyed it. I just wish we would have had our DSLR at time so he could have used that during the course (we had a regular digital camera and 2 SLRs at the time so he used one of the SLRs).

Staying on site this year

Previous trips 1986 & 2003